How It All Started - Dylan O'...

By OHale24

Y/N and her best friend Vere are taking a much needed break from work. Of course, with this much needed break... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 42

481 10 5
By OHale24

"Hey my sister is here to pick me up, but before I go I wanted to tell you.. don't you dare chicken out of telling your parents about Dylan!" She says as she gets up from the couch. "Trust me I will know if you told them." She adds as I groan slowly dragging myself from the couch to the floor.

"I know." I say with a sign not really looking forward to talking with my parents about this, scared of things going wrong. "Come on it will be fine, your parents already know your dating someone they just don't know who or that it's a long distance relationship." She says. "I guess." I say. "Okay well I have to go before my sister calls to see what's taking me so long." She says as we say a small goodbye and heads out the door.

"Well I shall die today or be as free as a bird." I say out loud as I look over to Boo. "Lets give you some food so you won't be hungry when I'm at my parents house." I say as I feed Boo.

Once I finished feeding her I grabbed my purse, phone and keys.

Once I walked out the door I started the car and headed for my parents house. I decided against calling my brother because I thought this was something I should do on my own. I have to grow up and stand up for myself, not be a little girl that needs her older brother to fight her fights.

As I stop at a red light realization hit me. My parents love visiting relatives, I should've called them before I left.

I quickly dialed my mom and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello." My mom says as she picks up the phone. "Hey mom are you and dad at home?" I ask. "Yes why? Are you on your way?" She says and I nod.

"Yeah I'm close. I'm gonna stop and buy some food, what do you guys want to eat?" I ask as I pull up at the chicken place knowing what she'll say. "Whatever is fine." She says. "Okay mom I'll see you in a bit." We hang up and I pay for the chicken.

~A couple of minutes later~

"Momma I'm home." I yell as I open the door to the house. Yes I still have my old house keys, and yes I knocked before I opened the door.

"We want the house keys back." My dad says with his hand out. "Your funny pa." I laugh as I put the food on the table. "Fine keep them but from now on let us open the door for you." He says with a small laugh. "Okay." I say with a shy smile.

~After a couple of minutes~

"So, ama.. apa. There's actually something I wanted to tell you guys." I say as we finish laughing at a story my father was telling us about. "Que paso?"(what happened.) My mom asks.

"So I know I told you guys about me being in a relationship but I never told you anything about them, which is quite unfair and I think you deserve to know." I say and take a deep breath. "His name is Dylan and we are in a long distance relationship because he lives in California." I say.

"So when can we meet him?" My dad asks. Of course that was the first thing he asks.

"Actually in about a week or so you guys can meet him because he has to go to Austin for work and then he's going to come and visit." I say as I nod my head.

"What does he do for work?" My mom asks.

"He is actually an actor." I say.

"An actor? What type of job is that, that is not a stable job." My dad says with a very serious tone. "But he's a very successful actor apa, and even if he wasn't that wouldn't matter because money isn't everything." I say. "Have we seen him in anything?" My mom asks. "No because you guys don't watch those movies." I say and they nod.

"How long have y'all been dating?" My dad asks.

"For almost a year." I say and they nod as they look at each other.

"But anyways when he comes I will tell you guys so you guys can meet him I will also tell (y/b/n)." I say. "Its getting late I should probably head home." I say as I help my mom clean up the table.

I grab my purse and say goodbye to my parents. As I head towards the door I remember that I was going to warn my parents.

"Oh before I forget, Dylan is going to make a public announcement to his fans so we won't have to hide every time we go out. Just so y'all know.. it also might get crazy for a while but it's okay." I say and they just give me a worried look.

"Are you sure about this mija?" My mom asks and I nod. "Don't worry everything will be perfectly fine." I say with a smile so they feel better. Even though the truth is I'm just as worried as them.

~ A week later ~

Just like Dylan said he waited a couple of days before he made the announcement. Well not really announcement since he just posted a picture of us together on twitter with the caption 'Beautiful'. Cheesy but still made me blush like a mad woman.

Vere had to work two days after the parade so she left the next day after I told my parents. My parents reacted better than I thought they would have which I'm glad. So did the fans, of course there were some haters still are but I'm happy. That's all that matters.

Tomorrow Dylan is going to be here around one and then my brother is going to be here to talk to Dylan, may God help him. After that my parents are going to come and meet him as well, may God help him even more.

~ Next Day~

"I'm on my way inside." I tell Dylan as I start parking to park the car at the airport.

"Hurry." He quickly says.

"I'm going, I'm going." I say as I run inside.

"Okay I just came inside where are you exactly." I say as I look around for him. "I'm at the Starbucks." He says and I look around for it.

As I walk over to the restaurant I see a man with a mets hat on and some sunglasses. "Found him" I whisper to myself.

"Oh my goodness are you-" I was cut off by Dylan quickly pulling me away from the restaurant. "Please don't speak so loudly." He says not realizing who I am.

"Aww but Dylan I missed you." I say and it finally hits him as he gives me a tight hug.

"Come on let's go before my brother gets to my house or my parents get to my house."

We walk over to my car and call my brother telling him were on our way home.

~At my house~

As we arrive to my house I see my brother getting off his car.

"(Y/B/N) I missed you." I say to my brother as I hug him. "Be nice stupid punk." I whisper into his ear as I hug him. "I missed you to punk even though I saw you not so long ago." My brother says as we part.

My brother and Dylan share a hello handshake as I open the door for them to come in.

"We should talk now before our parents come." My brother says as soon as I close the door. "You literally just got here and already want to talk?" I question but more like state it with a small nervous laugh. As we walk over to the small office in my house my brother stops me from walking in.

"You seriously thought you were coming in." My brother stops with a small laugh. "You're funny." He finishes as he closes the door. "Stupid punk." I whisper as I walk away.

About an hour later, after I finished setting up the table and playing with Boo, the boys finally got out of my office.. laughing.

"So I take it everything is good now?" I say to them as they nod. "Yes everything is good.. are mom and dad on their way?" My brother asks and I nod.

"Mom called me about ten minutes ago saying they were leaving the house already so they should be getting here about now." I say and they nod just as we hear the doorbell.

"Im guessing thats them." Dylan says and I nod. "It should be." I say as I walk towards the door.

"Mom. Dad." My brother and I say at the same time as we then turn to look at each other. "This is my home they have to hug me f-" I was cut off by my brother pushing me away but luckily I fell on my couch. "Punk." I say.

Once I finally got to hug my parents hello they turn to look at Dylan standing next to me.

"Mom, dad. This is Dylan, my boyfriend I was telling you about." I say and they nod. "It's nice to finally meet you." My dad says as he gives Dylan a handshake. "The feeling is mutual, Sr." Dylan replies and I try not to laugh because of one, Sr., and two im nervous and when im nervous I tend to laugh.

"So my daughter tells me you're an actor?" My dad says once we all sit down at the dinner table. "Yes, I've been acting for a while now, a movie I was just in came out recently." Dylan says with a nod while nervously bouncing his knee. Aww.

"Oh yeah I was telling you guys about this movie, American Assassin." I say as I look at my dad and he just nods. After that we continue to eat quietly.

"You must be tired, flying all the way from California to here." My mom breaks the silence. "Oh well not really. I was in Austin doing some interviews for the new movie and today I flew here." He says and my mom nods. "How does it feel being an actor?" My dad asks.

"Well its has its ups and its downs. For one you don't get to go out without being recognized but you get used to it." Dylan says.

"Dad did you know Dylan likes baseball?" My brother says. "Like is an understatement." I say with a laugh.

"Oh really who do you go for?" My dad asks. "The Mets." He says. "Disgusting." I mutter. "Oh thanks babe." He says sarcastically and I just smile at him. "What? Im kidding." I say.

"Did you attend the World Series?" My father asks. "Oh yeah I was there." He says. "He was going for the Dodgers." I say and then turn to look at him. "Trader." I say with a small laugh. "You're still not over that?" He asks with a laugh. "No im over it mostly because we won." I say with a smile.

~ 2 Hours later ~

"Well it was really nice meeting you Dylan I hope to see you again this weekend." My dad says. "Yes, I look forward to it." Dylan says to my dad as they say their goodbyes to each other. "Ill be there too, of course. I mean what would yall do with out your MVP." I say as I flip my hair in a joking manner.

"You wish, you can barely hit the ball." My brother says with a laugh and the rest join in. "Okay, well, I've improved, okay." I say as I cross my arms with a little bit of sass. "Ill be the judge of that." My brother says as he walks over to his car and my parents to their own. "Mhm. You're gonna regret underestimating me." I say with a small laugh. "Yeah yeah." He says in a mocking tone. We say our final goodbyes and they go on their way home.

As they drive off, I ask Dylan an important question, well more like state.. "you're good at baseball right, Dylan?"

"I'd like to think so, why?" He says.

"I really do suck at baseball help me?" I beg as I hug him tightly.

"Well I may be good at playing but I'm not sure I'm that good at teaching." He says. "That doesn't matter anything helps." I beg. "Come on ill do anything, ill drive us to the park where we play. I just need you to help me hit the ball past the pitcher." I say with a sad laugh and Dylan laughs at my not so good batting skills.

"Fine, lets go. Im guessing you have bats and gloves and you know a baseball." He says as I run off to the garage. "Of course. I may suck at it but I still think its worth wasting my money on." I say with a smile.

"Come on Boo! Were going to the park!" I say to Boo excitedly.

We quickly put a couple of stuff in the car and head over to the park which thankfully isn't that far away from here.

"Wait!" I yell as we reach a stop sign halfway from my house and look over to a scared Dylan frantically looking around. "What!? What is it?" He yells scared holding his hand over his heart. "I totally forgot to ask if you were tired from your flight. Are you tired? Are you sure you want to go to the park? I mean we could always just go back home and sleep or have a lazy day." I say calmly as he looks at me with a shocked face.

"Are you kidding me? You scared me half to death almost giving me a heart attack and now you're telling me we were not about to crash!?" He says and I hold back my laughter. "Im so sorry." I say as I burst out laughing. "To answer your question no I'm not tired, and yes I still want to go to the park. But please, please, please, dont ever do that again." He says with a laugh and I nod. "Okay I promise."

~ At the Park~

"So this is where we will be playing on saturday?" Dylan asks and I nod. "Yep. We play almost every weekend here." I say while opening the door for Boo.

Dylan and I grab the bats we brought as well as the glove and a couple of baseballs.

"Okay so can you pitch?" Dylan asks and I nod. "Good?" He adds.. to which I bite my lip and do a 'well' face but end up shaking my head. "They never let me pitch anyways." I say with a laugh and he just smiles. "Well if you want after we practice on batting I can help you with pitching." He says and I smile. "You know you're so sweet." I say as I kiss his cheek and leave the pitchers mount to walk over to home base. "And cute" I add as I hit the bat against one of my shoes. "I know but thank you." Dylan says as he flips his non existing long hair making me laugh.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 42 is now Complete!!!

Dang its been forever since I last updated. Probably lost a bunch of my readers sorry guys. I had a very busy year at school very stressful as well but now that its summer and although I have about a week left before school starts I decided to work on the chapter.

Another reason why it took forever to update was because I was busy catching up on some of the books I was reading so that took away my time from working on the book.

I know the chapter probably is rushed and kinda sucks but I hope you guys enjoy it though ill try to update more.

Well thats the end of this talking session lol... however you spell it.

Well anyways I hope you guys have a nice day, week, month, year, life.

Bye 👋😁💗
        -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 56.4K 33
❝You look awfully familiar❞ // ❝And you look like my next girlfriend.❞ ➻ Ranked #1 in Wattpad! THIS BOOK IS COPYRIGHTED!! I do not consent to this s...
260K 6.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
765K 15.8K 40
Edward wasn't all sad and alone before Bella. He was married to the first ever Vampire Artemis. Heartbroken and very angry she leaves. She gets a cal...
1.2M 30.7K 71
❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨❞ Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...