Tree of Life

By LostDMBFiles

What will you do when the Dark comes for you? Trapped beneath the streets of Boise, Idaho, an odd cast of pla... More

Headlights
Slapped Around
Underground Love
Twins
Compromised
Further In
Preferable to This
Three for Three
The New West Westerly
Time for a Snifter
Bedtime Stories
All Expenses Paid
Born Again
Can't Fight the Past
The Devil Abides
Two in One
October Dawn

West Gets Nicked

128 10 4
By LostDMBFiles

-------Update #2------- (based on inspiration from 6 backers): http://kck.st/1mbLRYa

West panicked. While his mind envisioned a graceful escape into a nearby alley, his boots stumbled over a crack in the walk and spilt him into the well-lit street. “Curses.” He gripped his ankle. The gunned engine of the Model A erased the pain. “To flight!”

He skittered across the frost-slickened surface of the street as the silhouettes of dual Tommy Guns emerged from the auto. West barked in fright and doubled his efforts to sprint clear of the bristling Model A, manned no doubt by the Irish mobsters he’d accidentally fingered in a bootlegging network three days prior.

As West reached the opposite walkway, rapid pops echoed between the downtown buildings. The spark of ricochets lit the path before him. Following the path straight through a shopfront window, West crashed down in a glittering storm of glass and slid into a rack of clothes.

Before West could stand, an arm reached down to grasp him. He squeaked as the arm plucked him from the floor like a feather from a chicken. In the dim lighting, his eyes came to focus on a genteel older gentlemen with ridiculously large mutton chops. “Um, sorry for the mess…”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 2.1K 30
A soldier knows his duty and he will fight to his last breath, for his honor is loyalty. When an experiment to win the war goes wrong, a man who volu...
33 5 4
A story of ancient magics, court intrigue, adventure and ... blood. Can you find the light in the depths of your darkness?
1.2K 155 24
Dave and Link find themselves trapped in the zombie apocalypse with nothing but each other and have to try to survive to a promised land to be safe...
5 1 1
A man wakes up in an abandoned hospital and has to traverse his way through to survive an onslaught of monsters along the way. Will he make it out al...