Tree of Life

By LostDMBFiles

What will you do when the Dark comes for you? Trapped beneath the streets of Boise, Idaho, an odd cast of pla... More

West Gets Nicked
Slapped Around
Underground Love
Twins
Compromised
Further In
Preferable to This
Three for Three
The New West Westerly
Time for a Snifter
Bedtime Stories
All Expenses Paid
Born Again
Can't Fight the Past
The Devil Abides
Two in One
October Dawn

Headlights

1.1K 10 1
By LostDMBFiles

*****This story is being written live via crowd inspiration on Kickstarter. Cruise over there if you wish to play an active role in guarding our freedoms to read raw, untainted, totally organic fiction! http://kck.st/1mbLRYa*****

---- Update #1 - We have 4 backers... here goes nothing! ----

Half a dozen opium addicts could have run a better campaign—well, half a dozen Republican opium addicts. Then again, West couldn’t admit Republican opium addicts existed. If they did, they would have run his campaign without landing him on the FBI most wanted list.

The low rumble of a Model A caught West up short. Could be the Sheriff scouring the streets for liquor violations blatant enough to require enforcement. Could be one of the many enemies he had rankled during his botched campaign.

He ducked into the shadows cast by brand new incandescent street lamps. Ironic—he had based his campaign on progress such as the street lamps. Now he wished Boise’s downtown business district was pitch black. Pitch black. That gave West an idea. He drew a ragged breath, then exhaled it with a visible puff.

Nearly Hallowe’en, the unpredictable Idaho weather had turned bitterly cold as recent as two days ago. God and nature and the voters were allied against him. But not the Chinese—his only stalwart supporters. If he could reach the Chinese laundry across from Hannifin’s Cigar Shop…

Headlights rounded the corner of Bannock and headed in his direction. He had to get off the street.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 0 24
A year after the virus outbreak, Ashton Davis is left on he's own to survive. Not until he meets another survivor, being determined to find his child...
1.6K 35 10
The Place - BabelThe Time - A Hundred and Fifty Years Post-Flood.Once more giants laugh and consume whomever they wish to. Righteousness is slain in...
87.2K 2.1K 30
A soldier knows his duty and he will fight to his last breath, for his honor is loyalty. When an experiment to win the war goes wrong, a man who volu...
558 60 36
Most of us long to "Be" but when the path gets too costly, or steep, we take solace in what we "Have." Remove the trappings of what we own, and then...