THE TIMOROUS DUNYA✅

By Aeeeshatuh

#2| Dunya| 28-08-18 Maryam's life tends to always take a turn for the worst. Loosing her mother at the tend... More

TTD
P R O L O G U E
ONE
TWO
THREE
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
E P I L O G U E
A C K N O W L E D G M E N T

FOUR

2K 336 34
By Aeeeshatuh

Have you ever been in a situation where you think of committing suicide?

Where you don't want to live anymore. You start loosing hope for a change.

You start thinking that the good things life will offer upon you are finished.

Or a situation where you wish you could go far away, like far away to Jupiter or any other planet. Heck maybe even to the sun or moon!;who knows maybe living with the aliens would be much better that living with Inna Saude!

If you haven't then lower your self in front of the almighty and let your forehead touch the ground. Yes! Your that lucky...

Maryam sat there all alone, sobbing uncontrollably and clutching her chest all in attempt to make me pain go. All to no avail. It hurts so much, it's so painful and doleful and endless. Like a pin was punctured severally on her heart each one making sure it leaves a hole leaking out pain. When would it ever be over?

Inna Saude had taken away the only shoulder she could cry on. The only person who was always there for her. Who would wipe away her tears, consult her and tell her everything would alright even if it's hard to believe...

'Ya Allah why me?! What have I ever done ?!'. She seeth gasping for air, Her breathing becoming shallow. She could hear the thudding sound her body is yielding. She couldn't point out if it is from her pounding heartbeat or pounding headache.

I want you to take this as a test upon you from Allah.... Her mother's voice rang through her head . Hence Allah (SWT) had said in the Qur'an;

{Allah does not place a burden to a soul greater than it can bear}

[2:286]

{So Verily, with every difficulty there is relief}

[94:15]

'

Astagfirullah " (I seek forgiveness from Allah). She muttered. Keeping that in mind she wiped her tears..

*****

When Malik didn't sight the particular "Cinderella" with the group of girls at the stream, he felt uneasy . You might be wondering why he calls her that?.

He asked one of them whom he knew to be Kandala and she confirmed that none of them saw her.

Whenever Maryam didn't come to the stream there was a bad reason behind it. Because the next day when she comes, there would be cuts and bruises adorning her body.

No amount of persuasion would make her tell him the truth. All he gets is the biggest lie- 'I'm fine'. But he could see it through her eyes, she's hurt and broken.

It took him not much time to solve the puzzle. She is a little girl whose mother passed away leaving her with a step mother who makes her life miserable. All she should do is to accept her prince charming (Malik) and he'll bring her the happily ever after. - There! Right there is exactly why he calls her Cinderella!

'Where could she be?'. Malik asked no one in particular briefly closing his eyes. He was just few feets away from Maryam's house.

He was lucky to meet Zeebaby at the door step who told him Maryam wobbled out of the house earlier.

'Aha! '. He exclaimed as he remembered.

'She has to be there!. I know she's there'. He uttered, already picking his pace.

Relief washes over him as he sighted her sitting on the ground. Wiping the tears on her face furiously. Her eyes were red and puffy so is her nose, complete face and ears due to her complexion. She brought her legs together securing them with both her hands, then leaning her chin on her knees .

She started reciting suratul Ghashiyah. Her melodious voice filled the marvelous place which Maryam named 'peaceful kingdom '. Despite not having a castle nor people, she still named it a kingdom.

She believes that a 'kingdom ' musn't have a castle nor people as long as it's peaceful!

There were the only people who knew about the place. Maryam first discovered it and showed it to Malik. The place is so quiet, the only sounds are that of the swaying trees and river in rhythm producing a calm music.

Malik seems to be the only person she feels safe around apart from her mother. He's the only one she could talk to freely, he's always ready to share her grief.

Maryam comes there to think. Or whenever she was hurt or broken, she comes there to calm herself. She doesn't want to show any one she's valnueble. She'll still stand still even if inside she's breaking...

As she was reciting the surah, strand of tears unvoluntarily escaped her eyes. But when she reached the eighth verse, there was a small smile on her face. Suratul Ghashiyah is her best surah in the Qur'an because no matter how close she's to giving up.. The surah reminds her that there is day .

The day Resurrection!;

That all these would be over . The day that she would stay infront of THE ALMIGHTY with Inna saude and hisab (judgment) would be done between them honestly. And then she would continue to insert patience.

When she was done reciting the surah, Malik decided to grace her with his presence.

I've been looking for you every where '. He called her attention standing beside her.

'You've found me now '. She spoke softly not meeting his gaze. Sadness strained in her voice.

'I swear if it's that woman!, I'm goingto rip her head off with a razor blade!'. He fumed demonstrating how he's going to do that in the air.

Despite the situation, Maryam still let out a soft laught, feeling a bit better. Maybe if there're people like Malik who care about her she wouldn't have gone through this. Or maybe it wouldn't be this bad.

'If only you could accept me Maryam. I promise you a single tear of sorrow would never be shed by you, the only tears you'll shed would be that of blissfulness '. He spoke softly. Looking at the marvelous view in front of him. The sun is almost set,the view reflecting the water beneath.

She heaved a sigh and slightly nodded which caught his attention. Just like every other living person, she too wants to be happy. She wants to experience the feeling of happiness again.

' Is that a 'YES'?'. Malik eyes were wide a saucers. She noded shyly and when she noticed she still hasn't answered the question, she let out a small 'yes'.

Malik jumped up pumping his fists into the air . He almost hugged her but quickly refrained himself from doing so. He couldn't contain his excitement.

'But it's Inna Saude that's the problem '. That turned his wide grin into a frown.

'I don't have any business with that woman. Afterall it's your father I'm meeting.'. Malik seeth. Maryam didn't say anything, just noded. The truth is Inna Saude is like the one having authority in the house. Even her father does whatever she pleases...

It was already late and dark but Maryam requested to stay a bit more. Who knew if she's lucky every one would be asleep that way she could sneak in without any one noticing. Well atleast she has the night to collect herself...

Malik bought her some food and she devoured it whole heartedly. She couldn't remember the last time she ate to the full extent.

She could feel her body weakening when she neared her house. All she needs now is sleep. When they reached the door of her house, they bid farewells and Malik waited until she's safely inside before he left ...

With great difficulty, Maryam tiptoed to her room without making any sound. Luckily everybody was already asleep, and she laid own on her sweet bed; which is ofcause the worn out mat and drifted into a slumber...

*****

My peepu! How you dey?
I hope una pyn pyn??
It's an update like promised! Let's see if we can proceed with the weekly update😊 .

' LIKYAM'. That was my shipname right there. Ok,I suck at this 😅 buh let's hear yours!!!

It's the longest chapter written so far!! So please shower some love :)
Don't forget to;
VOTE 🌟
COMMENT 🗨
SHARE 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 1.7K 31
Ibrahim, an easy going man who can sacrifice his happiness, if it means his son gets to have a mother. Maryam, a broken soul who found happiness i...
103K 8.4K 32
Their love was like a wildfire. Once spread, there was no stopping them. What started as an innocent glance became the magnitude of their flame. * *...
20.7K 690 38
Previously known as: I'll never forgive you Maryam Junaid, a pious, confident young Muslimah who lost her parents in a fire at the age of ten. As the...
17.4K 1.7K 45
FULANI LOVE STORY [ONGOING] Join Aliyu and Maryam as they tried to build the trust in their marriage that was once broken by an unintentional betray...