Regret-Jikook

By burned_petals

"I don't know what you want me to tell you but if you don't believe me then go ahead, do what you want to do... More

Prologue
Cold
Jungkook
Jimin
Can't wait to break
Face to Face
Wish Granted
Truth Is Ugly
Pay Back
Let me go
Caged
Memories Hurt
Let's Talk
You ask Why?
Intruder
Pathetic
Begin
Let's Eat
Just why
Jin Hyung
Is This called "Freedom"
Shopping
Switch Places
It hurts me too
Ready to Love?
Party in the house
A Way Out?
I Confess
Dance
"What is wrong with you all?"
The Tough Stuff
Out on a Date
Right decision to make
Leave
Abandoned
I Still Want You
FINAL DECISION
I NEED YOU
Let's Plan a Murder Today
Everything will be alright
Wake Up, Please
TOO LATE
There for you (Finale)

Vain Pride

9.7K 525 83
By burned_petals

JK POV:

I was never this much relieved in my life when I heard Jin hyung telling me that he was out of danger now.

I could see Jin Hyung gaze filled with lots of questions but for now, I wanted to be alone with him, at least for one last time.

"You have fifteen minutes with him, he needs to rest. I will be waiting for you downstairs", Jin Hyung said before leaving the room.

Once he was gone, I stood up and sat near him caressing his soft hair with my hand.

He looked so innocent, so pure like an angel and yet how could he break my heart into million pieces.

My heart wanted to believe that he wasn't lying, that he wasn't trying to leave me earlier but what I saw was the bitter truth that sooner I accepted the better.

Maybe he was feeling guilty of what he was going to do and that's why he lied but I could tell that he never loved me; it was me who tried to impose my love on him, so why should I keep him bound to my love when it will never be reciprocated.

I had already done a lot to him and it was time that I should fairly let him go and I knew if I stayed in this house, I might change my decision, that I might become the old me that will hold him against his will.

No matter how hurt I was by him, I could never hurt him in response. That was how much effect he had on me that was how much he changed me.

I wanted to stay here longer, to keep him enveloped in my embrace but I knew I had to go, the sooner the better.

With one last soft kiss on his cheek, I left the room heavy heartedly knowing that I will have to face my Hyungs now.

Honestly, I was so emotionally drained that I could barely stand up on my feet, the old me wouldn't have cared a bit but I knew they deserved an explanation.

"That's unfair to him Jungkook-ah, you should at least hear out his part once", Yoongi tried to reason with me but he I had already made up my mind and I wasn't changing it any time soon,

"My decision is final Hyung, goodbye", I left before they could question me more.

***

Days passed and I got more miserable.

I tried to get over him, I tried to drown my pain in alcohol but nothing seemed to get out the image of the small, cute, innocent Mochi that I had left behind.

I was continuously being updated about his health through Jin Hyung and I was relieved that he was getting better day by day.

"You should come back home Jungkook-ah", Jin Hyung said to me one day, "He is getting better but he looks so sad these days. He barely smiles and is lost in his thoughts all the time. I have to force feed him every day because he will refuse to eat. He misses you so much Jungkook, come back. If not for us, at least come back for him", Jin Hyung pleaded through the phone.

"You know Hyung that I won't come back as long as he is there, I can't trust myself around him Hyung, I don't want to hurt him more than I already has and besides he just feels guilty of deceiving me he will soon get over it", I said sighing deeply.

"Honestly Jungkook you are being childish now, at least give the poor guy a chance, why won't you let him explain. Just hear him out once and I know you will come back running to h......" Jin Hyung suddenly stopped talking out of nowhere.

After a few seconds of silence, a soft angelic voice hit my ears, "J-jungkook", and I swear my heart skipped a beat, actually many beats.

How I longed to hear that voice again.

"Get a hold of yourself, Jungkook", I scolded my heart that was just beating crazily in my chest.

"J-jungkook, please say something", I could hear the desperate tone of his voice.

So many things I wanted to ask him, so many things I wanted to tell him and yet words totally escape my mind.

"Please come back Jungkook, it's so hard without y-you h-here", the tremor in his voice was making my heart hurt but I needed to be strong right now, it is best for both of us.

"Once you are completely healthy my men will be there to take you back to your hometown, I have tried to make everything comfortable enough for you back there so you could settle back easily in your old life", I said in a monotone voice devoid of any emotions.

This was it, this was for his betterment.

"I don't need my old life back, I need you", he shouted back making a tear slip my own eyes.

"Go Jimin, Please, just go", I said hardening my heart.

"You know what, FINE. If you hate me that much I won't bother you showing my face anymore. I will not pest you with my presence any longer so you can come back to your house, goodbye Jungkook-shi", and with that he disconnected the call.

My heart felt like it was being poked by thousand needles at once.

This was good right, he will be gone from my life to a place where he truly belongs but why my throat constricts like this, why I can't seem to breathe.

I regretted falling in love now, I regret the moment I allowed myself to be this week, to be this emotional.

I needed to return back to the way I was, it was the only way to get over him, to get over these feeling that was making it difficult for me to breathe.

I won't allow myself to be a weakling anymore.

I roughly wiped my eyes; from this moment on I won't allow this Jungkook to cloud my thoughts.

It was finally the time that things go back to the way they were, the way they are supposed to be.

3rd POV:

It has been a week now since Jungkook last talked to Jimin, since Jungkook decided to let him go since he turned back to the way he was before, cruel, merciless and cold.

No one knew where he was and the only contact that Jin had with him was also lost.

Namjoon has been hearing of the latter's actions and the thought worried him to his core.

The way younger was behaving was much worse than he was before.

He knew that he was broken-hearted but the way he chose to vent out his anger was wrong.

He was being reckless and cruel again and Namjoon was afraid of the consequence they might have to face because of that since Jungkook was gone from the house and they were vulnerable to the external threat that was lingering on their heads all the time.

They have been on their toes all this week, even the single rustle of the leave was enough to send them in panic.

They weren't worried about themselves but the thing that concerned them the most was Jin and Jimin who had been trapped in the house because Namjoon was not allowing them to leave.

They both were getting frustrated of Namjoon actions but they didn't know why he was doing all of this since only Hoseok, Taehyung, and Yoongi and himself knew about the rampage on which Jungkook was on.

"What's wrong with you Namjoon, why won't you let us leave the house? I feel like a prisoner here", Jin whined while crossing his legs on the couch.

"I am sorry Jin Hyung, but there has been some tension going on with our enemies and it's not safe for you, Please understand", Namjoon gave Jin his best puppy eyes to which the older just scoffed.

"Whatever, you settle this stupid issue of your real soon, because Jimin and I need to leave, he barely got back on his feet and I don't want him to suffer more by keeping him here", Jin gave Namjoon a stern look making him gulp.

"Do you really have to go with him Hyung, are you ready to leave us, to leave me............ all behind?", Namjoon gave Jin a sad look.

"I don't want you to leave you guys either, but Jimin needs me more than you do. I will always visit so don't worry", Jin said ruffling Namjoon's hair making the latter lean into his touch.

"I hope everything turns out fine Hyung", Namjoon said closing his eyes. He barely got any sleep these days due to the danger surrounding them.

"Yeh, me too", Jin said with a sad smile.

***

It has been almost a month but no matter how hard they tried to contact the younger to tell him about the lingering threats, their efforts ended in vain.

They knew they won't be able to find him unless he wanted to be found.

While on the other hand, Jungkook was fully aware of the situation going around in his mansion, how much discomfort they were in, how they were madly trying to reach out to him but he could care less.

He didn't want to go back to that place yet that would remind him of his week self, so it was better to keep an eye on them from far.

Of course, he knew that they weren't in any actual danger.................... just yet.

He was deliberately giving his enemies an upper hand, making them think that they were in control of situation when in reality he knew every bit of his enemies plans, what they were planning, how they were planning and when they were planning to attack his mansion thinking that it would be an easy meal since he is no more in the picture but they clearly under-estimated the younger and he was just enjoying the naivety of his enemies.

They thought that he has changed, that he has become softer now, and that they could use Jimin as a liability that they would threaten the younger using Jimin as bait since they have seen how vulnerable Jungkook looked at that day when he was with Jimin at the party.

Yes, that place was also crawling with his enemies who were disguised as his friends thinking that they were smart enough to deceive Jungkook, but they forgot that he didn't just become the most younger Mafia leader in a day, he was extremely sharp and good at reading people's faces to Judge who was his friend and who the enemy, but his this ability was also his biggest tragic flaw which he didn't acknowledge.

He was used to concluding too fast, acting too rash, having too much faith in his own decision that he will end up hurting those closest to him.

That was what he did with Jihyun and that was what he was doing with Jimin and yet again he believed that what he was doing was the best decision of the time.

He was too cocky for his own good but he didn't know that this vain pride of him will soon cost him something he never thought of.

He was underestimating his opponents in the same way they were doing to him, but he forgot that you don't always get a perfect six in the game of dice, sometimes while saving the castle, the queen is lost.

King is not the most important piece of the chess board after all.

"These bastards think they have a chance against me; let them come and see who the real boss here is", he chuckled maniacally to himself.

"Get the plane ready for tomorrow, it's time to greet some old friends", he ordered his men who just bowed respectfully and left.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: We are almost there, just a few more chapters..........

I always get attached with my story and my lovely readers' coz u'll are so precious to me

I am working on another story and hopefully, I'll start updating it once regret ends so please look forward to it

Love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 22 19
two powerful rival families one couple challenging fate "You want to kill me?! Here, take this!" He took the knife that was laying over the kitchen...
965 10 20
I can probably just steal the knife from this idiot. Standing up and walking carefully toward him he reached in for the knife the guy had in his poc...
376K 28.2K 105
[Mature audience] "So let me get this straight," Jimin says, licking his strawberry plump lips that's forming a smug smirk on his slender face, choco...
77.4K 1.9K 30
Revenge... That's all what she wants.. From childhood, she was never happy. Tortured, blamed and in the end left alone. Once she grow up, she became...