Amare "To Love"

By vickiwaitingx

Whenever I find someone who's in need of healing, never do I hesitate to answer the call. But what happens wh... More

Amare "To Love"
Prologue
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Epilogue
PDA

Twenty Six

1K 55 140
By vickiwaitingx

Thursday, November 30, 2006
Paisley Park - Studio A
Chanhassen, MN

Mia's POV

"I feel like I haven't seen my feet in months."

Prince spun around in his chair and smiled.

"They look the same honey, swollen a bit, but pretty much the same."

I sighed. Just about a week away from my expected due date, I was beyond ready to drop the load.

Tired wouldn't cut it. Physically exhausted and completely over everything, I guess you could say that a few complaints became apart of my routine. But hubby sure did manage to conjure up the best responses for them all.

"I feel like a whale, just about big as this entire complex. I've probably gained a hundred pounds now."

"Your body is housing our creation, that's amazing don't you think? Besides, ain't nothing wrong with more of you for me to love."

"My boobs are humongous."

Eyes traveling to the melons sitting inside of my shirt, he smirked. "Milk supply for our bundle of joy, plus the cleavage ain't so bad either mama."

"But my back hurts all the time. I'm so achy all over."

"And that just gives me even more opportunities to touch you. Massages on the regular for you while a brother gets to feel you up. I know you dig that, cause I do."

"Oh man." My head tilted back as I emitted a somewhat breathless laugh. "You're the best. However, I do wish to be able to sleep through the night. It's gotten rough the last month or so."

"I know it has." He nodded. "But you want to know the cool thing about that?"

"What? No you can't possibly see in any good that."

"Oh but I do. I have two late night studio buddies to jam with, that I happen to be head over heels for. And ain't nothing better than that."

As if she understood every word her father said, our daughter started to kick mercilessly.

"Whoa."

"There she is. She's awake now huh?" His hands rested on my belly. "Hey sugar it's papa. You going to have to slow down with all that kicking now before you kick yourself out."

"Oh but she can." I assured. "She's been served with an eviction notice. Mama's tired."

"Just a few more days honey, it'll be over before you know it and she'll be in our arms."

**

Monday, December 11, 2006
Galpin Blvd

Boy did he lie.

Two whole days after my due date, there I was still pregnant.

"You know I really thought she would've come out by now. Are you sure it's safe to carry this long?"

Prince eased down beside me as Zola the midwife fell into a chuckle.

"Oh sweet one. There ain't no need to worry. Just because you've reached your due date and beyond doesn't mean you should induce. In my thirty years of this profession, I've seen plenty of women deliver beyond forty weeks and safely. Your health is good, the baby's health is good, so don't fret. She'll come when she's ready, trust me."

"I know, I know." Sighing, I rested my head against Prince's shoulder. "I'm just exhausted. I mean besides the normal aches and pain, I haven't had a contraction or anything. There has to be something naturally I can do without being medically induced."

In the mist of packing her bag, Zola exhaled. "Okay listen up. There are several things you can do to induce naturally. You can eat dates to start dilation, pineapple apparently stimulates the uterus, red raspberry leaf tea..."

"Uh no, nope!" Prince's hands waved quickly. "We don't want any tea."

"Okay... There's castor oil. The taste is not the best but it does work by causing your intestines to contract, but I must warn you, if you use this method you could end up with a case of diarrhea which leads to dehydration if bad enough."

"Mmm no I'll pass on that one."

"Then there's the option of exercise. And two more options that I think the two of you would like, especially dad."

Prince's brows wiggled. "And what's that?"

"Nipple stimulation, and you can always just get her out the same way you got her in."

His brows wiggled even more.

"Semen contains prostaglandin that can cause contractions."

"Welllll Zola." Prince stood up and lifted her bag. "I'm so glad you've stopped by and shared this vital information. I'm sure Mia and I will find a few of these options useful."

Zola eyed us both before she twisted the knob to head out.

"Oh I'm sure you two will. And Prince?"

"Yes?"

"Happy squirting."

**

Grunting, sweating, and abs flexing, his hips jerked as he let loose for a second time, spilling himself into me.

"If I wasn't tired before, I surely am now."

"You asked for it," Prince said as he laid beside me. "Well the second time at least."

"True. Now I'm hungry. And do we have any pineapples?"

"I think so." He stood up stretching, showcasing all of his goods. "I'll look and whip up something for dinner. You just relax here and regain your energy for round three."

**

Round three never happened.

After a hearty dinner and Prince insisting on a some nipple stimulation, we both went under for hours.

But little did we know, our snooze fest would be cut short.

"Prince..." I softly spoke, not wanting to startle him out of his sleep.

On his stomach he laid, head buried in the pillow, with his mouth wide opened.

"Prince..." I spoke a little louder, but he still didn't hear a thing.

"Prince!!!!"

"H-huh? Huh what?" He jumped. "What's going on mama?"

"It's time. She's coming, and I think— Mmm!"

As fast as lightning, another contraction hit.

"Honey, why don't you sit and let me get Zola on the phone."

"Okay." I nodded. "Please, hurry."

**

1:56 a.m.

Cool washcloth to the forehead, I managed to pull myself through what seemed like the hundredth contraction.

"Baby..." I cried. "Where is she?"

At the edge of the sofa with my legs in his lap, he remorsefully shrugged.

"I don't know honey. She said she and her assistant were on the way. I think we should just head onto the hospital."

"No, I don't want to. I want her to born here like we planned."

Easing up, he tried Zola once again.

"I'm calling once more. If they don't show I'll be turning into Dr. Nelson around here."

**

2:15 a.m.

"Once again we are so sorry about the delay." Zola apologized as she unpacked her bags along with her assistant.

"It's alright. Traffic was backed up really bad huh? Did anyone get hurt?"

"Oh no thank God. But it took them forever to remove the broken tree from the street. There shouldn't be so many near the highways anyhow. Where is mom and pop?"

"We called, they should be arriving soon."

"How does the birthing pool feel? Water temperature comfortable enough for you?"

"Mhm," I nodded and smiled at Prince. "He did good, even went to get towels and everything."

Zola chuckled. "I see the gloves."

"I thought I was going to have to deliver my baby."

She smiled to herself. "Hmmm... So! I take it that you two must've really tried a few of those options."

"Prince gloated," Well you know, it truly only took one."

"Did it now? Good job dad. Now I'm going to check to see how many centimeters you're dilated so we can have us a baby soon."

**

2:55 a.m.

"Deep breaths baby, deep ones." My mother chanted as Prince held my hand.

My father on the sofa and the midwives at the end of the pool, I pushed as hard as I could.

"Mia you're doing amazing." Zola smiled as she looked down. "I can see her head crowning, that's a whole lot of hair."

Prince's face lit up. "Can't say I'm surprised."

"Well maybe I can surprise you. Why don't you get some gloves on and come down here to deliver your daughter yeah?"

And surprised he was.

"Um, I... are you sure that I can?"

"Well of course I am. Where's all of that courage you had before? You can do this."

His head shook. "What if I mess up?"

"You won't. We're here to help you. Is it okay with you mom?"

"Yes please! Just... get her out."

**

Prince's POV

All prepped for delivery, I sat at Mia's feet inside of the pool.

Oh Lawd. Is that the black hole? I ain't never seen it stretch like this before!

"Prince."

"Huh?"

Prince you okay?" Zola asked.

"Y-Yeah." I blinked quickly and gulped. "I'm good."

Startled by Mia releasing some sort of animal noise, she pushed again squeezing the life out of her mother's hand.

"Prince place both hands right here. Mia, I need you to give us one last big push and we'll have her out." Zola coached. "You've got to pull alright? Ready dad?"

"Yes."

"Alright Mia, push!"

She pushed, I pulled.

And before I knew it, my daughter took her first breath, crying in my hands.

I couldn't believe it. From her dark hair to her squishy cheeks, she was perfect. And every bit of me.

My baby. All I've ever wanted and needed.

After the cutting of the umbilical cord, I went over and placed her unto her mother's chest.

"Hi Zuri." Mia stroked her cheek.

"What is her full name?" Zola asked.

"Zuri Noelle Nelson. She's so beautiful and chubby. A total traitor too."

I knew where she was heading.

"I carry you for what seemed like two years and you've got the audacity to be a carbon copy of your father."

"Well honey, maybe you'll get lucky next time."

Her eyes rolled. "Whatever, but good job papa. I love you."

"I love you too."

**

5:30 a.m.

Parents in the guest room and Mia asleep, it was just me and the baby.

So I did what I do best during the wee hours of the morning, I took Zuri down to the studio.

"And this is where daddy makes music. I have another big place called Paisley Park that I'll let you meet real soon. Would you like to hear something?"

Her hands squirmed.

"I'll take that as a yes."

At a comfortable volume, The Most Beautiful Girl In The World was chosen, for her of course. In my arms she laid, as I hummed along quietly, rocking her to sleep.

Zuri Noelle Nelson
December 12th, 2006
8 pounds 1 ounce

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 280 7
A short story about Delaney and Florian. A young, successful couple, happily married and in love, content with their lives with thriving careers and...
33.5K 659 8
I ran down the side walk in the pouring down rain. Maurice had snuggled into my dress trying to not get wet. My thighs were sticky from the blood. I...
22.3K 1.1K 22
*Heavily requested* When Mafia Boss, Benjamin gets shot in the hospital parking lot, he meets the most infuriating, yet beautiful woman he has a eve...
30K 2.5K 46
❝I'm a parasite now and you're the host. So wherever you go, I go.❞ In which Kim Taehyung aims to win the heart of his first love, Min Sooyeong, howe...