Once Upon A Time (1D One Shot...

By LouieenT

One Shots upon requests :] Lee Rickson is my character that will be in every One Shot as a supporting charact... More

You Can't Sing (Zayn Malik)
New Life (Liam Payne)
A Bit of Romance (Niall Horan)
Believe Me (Louis Tomlinson)
Summer Lovin' (Zayn Malik)
Vacation (Louis Tomlinson)
It Takes Two To Make Things Go Right (Zayn Malik)
Win a Day With One Direction (Zayn Malik)
Hard To Get (Niall Horan)
It Went Like This (Zayn Malik)
Finally (Harry Styles)
Torn (Harry Styles)
Let's Get Together (Harry Styles)
Chemistry (Harry Styles)
GOAL! (Niall Horan)
A Dream Come True (Louis Tomlinson)
You Belong With Me (Niall Horan)
I Want To Be More (Harry Styles)

Love Song (Niall Horan)

170 2 2
By LouieenT

It was 5am and I had to get ready for work. I was an intern and trainee for a very well-known producer. And just my luck, the album we'll be working on was none other than THE One Direction. I was extremely excited, but not too thrilled about the time I needed to get up by. I quickly got ready and slipped on my favorite pair of white skinny jeans and a loose flowy tank. I fixed my brown locks leaving it down. I applied some eyeliner that popped out my brown eyes which was currently green, since it tended to change color. I grabbed all my belongings and slipped on my red toms before heading out the door. I skipped breakfast as always since my best friend Lee brought me brunch everytime I worked. That's what I loved the most about Lee. She was an amazing cook and she always came and brought me lunch and dinner just so we could hang out. 

I finally arrived at work just in time. I started at 6am every morning except Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I clocked in and went straight to work. I had to make sure all of our equipment was working so that there would be no problems when we started recording. After making sure all the equipment was working correctly, we did some light cleaning so that the studio looked presentable. At 8am we were finally done with all the preperations. Now we had an hour wait until One Direction themselves came into the studio to record.

"Knock, knock?!? I heard a familiar voice coming from the recording room door.

"Lee!" I chirped happy to see her.

"I made a big breakfast and thought I'd stop by! And since I knew One Direction wouldn't be here for another hour, I thought we could do some recording of our own?" Lee suggested. We both looked at my boss.

"Go ahead." He smiled.

"YAY! Thanks dad!" Lee cheered.

Yup, you heard right. Lee's father was my boss. If it wasn't for Lee I wouldn't have this intern job. Lee hopped into the recording room while I sat in the studio working with all the sounds. As her father and I ate the delicious breakfast (breakfast burritto stuffed with eggs, sausage, bacon, and chedder cheese), I gave Lee a thumbs up to indicate that she was now recording. She started strumming her guitar and humming the beginning of her song. 

"Mmmm mmm, yeah

I wake up to find 

another letter lying by my side

But this time around

you were telling me goodbye

Now I'm a mess and it hurts to fly

Without you around, I lost my will to try"

Lee sung. I loved her music, they were so pure and innocent, not like most songs we hear on the radio that's always about sex, drugs, or money. I actually admired that she was able to convey her feelings into her music. She had actually broken up with her boyfriend of two years and she was handling it pretty well. 

"But now is my time

I'm not gonna hide,

I'm gonna ride this bullet up, up to the sky

No I'm not gonna give up, I won't stop until I die"

It was an instrumental interlude and she glanced up at us smiling. This was her natural state, playing her guitar and singing. Lee closed her eyes strumming her guitar, as I closed my own swaying to the rythem.

"Wow, this is really good." I heard a voice from behind me followed by the silence of the guitar Lee was playing. 

I looked up at Lee giving her a weird looked when I saw her face. Her eyes were big and her lips were agaped. I continued to look at her when she pointed to something behind me. I turned and saw the One Direction boys standing at the door way.

"Ah, boys, welcome to Top One Records!" Lee's dad, or Mr. Rickson, greeted the boys.

"Hello there, thanks for having us!" Louis chirped. 

He seemed to be very energetic this morning. Zayn on the other hand just stood there looking as if he had just woken up. Don't get me wrong, he was all dressed up and his hair was perfect, it was just that his expression showed that he was still in his sleepy state. Lee quickly ran out of the recording booth and smiled nervously at the boys. 

"Well, I better get going. I don't want to intrude!" Lee slurred and was about to walk out the door when Liam told her to stay. Lee froze in her tracks and fell weak to the boy.

"Um, okay." She agreed and sat down. She was a complete fool when she was nervous and/or embarrassed.

"That was a nice song you were singing earlier." Niall complimented her. To tell you the truth, I was a bit jealous. I love Niall. He was so cute and sweet. I've always dreamn't that one day, I'd be his princess.

"Really? Uh, Katelynn wrote it. Well we both did, um yeah." Lee liied.

"Whoa! Hold on! I had nothing to do with this. Sorry, her modesty may lead you astray. She wrote that song all by herself." I informed them.

"I see. It was a great song, you don't have to be shy about it." Louis assured her.

"What about you?" Harry asked.

"Me?" I questioned a bit confused about what he meant.

"Do you sing as well?" Louis clarified.

"OH! NO! I don't. I was helping her record her demo." I let them know.

"Oh cool! Are you going to be helping us record our new album?" Harry asked enthusiastically.

"Yup!" I smiled with pride.

"AWESOME! This is gonna be so cool!" Niall blurted. I blushed as I watched him. Was he really that excited?

"Calm down you goof." Zayn interjected causing the Irish band member to calm down a bit. We all laughed at Niall. Boy, was he a cutie.

For the first hour we discussed how things were going to play out. Who was gonna do what, when, and for how long. Lee ended up falling asleep on the couch, bundled up in a ball with her guitar leaning against the couch. After the discussion, Liam was first up in the recording booth. The rest and the boys and I got more aquainted as I helped Mr. Rickson adjust the sounds. Louis and Harry were goofing around together, Niall was making small talk with me, and Zayn was looking through Lee's song book. LEE'S SONG BOOK?! I excused myself from Niall's side and walked up to Zayn.

"Sorry but thats-" I was cut off.

"These are really good lyrics. Is this hers?" Zayn looked up at me than at a sleeping Lee.

"Yeah, she's amazing right?" I gushed.

"She's really talented. What was you're name again?" Zayn asked.

"Katelynn." I replied.

"Did you know she wrote a song about you?" He giggled.

"She did?" I was actually surprised.

"Yeah. Heres some of the lyrics, 'My sweet Katelynn crushin' on the Irish guy, One Direction they're so fi-i-ine." Zayn read before I screamed my words.

"OKAY! THAT'S ENOUGH!" Zayn and Niall laughed. I could feel my face getting red. This was ebarrassing.

"Hey can I see that book?" Niall asked giving me a puppy dog face. I couldn't resist so I gave it to him.

"Ah, here it is. It's called Katelynn's Love Song. Cute." Niall smiled up at me. My face heated up even more.

"Katelynn loves Nandos and Niall does too, Making love at Nandos ooh ooh ooh." Niall read out loud laughing at the lyrics. If I saw correctly, there was a hint of red painted on his cheeks.

"Pale skin and crystal blue eyes, Katelynn loves his smile, she will run the extra mile... Niall she's in love with you-ooh!" He read on.

"Is that all true?" I heard Louis ask. I was a bit surprised. I didn't even know that they were listening. 

"WHAT? THIS?! AHHEERRR OF COURSE NOT!" I was a horrible liar. They were all laughing at my reaction as I glanced over at Lee and glared at her. She's going to pay for that, I thought to myself.

"So little Katelynn has a crush on our cute little Kyle here." Louis blurted while wrapping an arm around the blonde Irish boy. Niall was blushing and I knew that I was too. Liam finally got out of the recording booth and Louis was called in.

"Well then mates, I guess it's my turn. Katelynn, this one's for you!" Louis winked. I blushed and gave him a suspicious stare.

"Katelynn, take over while I go put Lee in the office to sleep." Mr. Rickson said. I gave him a nod and went to the controls. 

"Okay Louis, wait for my cue." I told him and he gave me a thumbs up. Seconds later the music started and I gave Louis the cue.

"My sweet Katelynn crushin' on the Irish guy, 

One Direction they're so fi-i-ine. 

Katelynn loves Nandos and Niall does too, 

Making love at Nandos ooh ooh ooh. 

Pale skin and crystal blue eyes, 

Katelynn loves his smile, she will run the extra mile

 Niall she's in love with you-ooh!" 

"LOUIS! WHAT ARE YOU SINGING!" I yelled at him stopping the music. Louis and the others burst into hysterics, even Niall, however Niall's face was red like a tomato. 

After an hour of recording, Lee came barging in heavily breathing. She looked a mess, like she had just run a 6 mile race. Her hair was touseled everywhere. Even her shirt was twisted and her shorts were hiked rather high up her thighs.

"HOLY SHIT! I JUST A DREAM THAT ONE DIRECTION WAS HERE AND... they are now all looking at me..." Lee yelled but her enthusiasm simmered down as soon as she realized that it wasn't a dream.

We all just stared at her as she stared back at us. Her eyes grew big and she fliched frantically trying to fix her hair, shirt, and shorts. I stole a glimpse at the boys and noticed Harry studying her more than the others. A smirk made its way to my lips and the lightbulb in my head just went on. Payback will be EXTRODINHARRY! 

"Okay kids, that's enough for today. You can all get out of here and get better aquainted." Mr. Rickson 

With that we all left. Lee grabbed her guitar and told us that she was going to the park to catch a crowd. Harry and Louis decided that they would tag along with her. Zayn and Liam wanted to go back to the hotel so that Zayn could sleep and Liam could skype with Danielle. I was going to take a walk through town and Niall wanted to explore, so I allowed him to follow.

"I've got a confession to make." Niall announced as we were walking through the park. We had been aimlessly walking for a good hour.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I've grown... well... lets see. I think I like you." He finally said. 

I stopped in my tracks causing him to stop suddenly and glance back at me. I just stared at him in total shock. He gave me a smile and took hold of my hand pulling me along through the park. While we were walking hand in hand, I could hear One Direction's 'One Thing' playing in the distance. As we got closer, I recognized the voices singing. I looked over at Niall who was already looking at me. 

"It's them!" He chirped. A huge grin spread across my lips as I dragged him over to them.

"NIALL, KATELYNN!" Louis yelled us over. 

"Join us!" Lee smiled. We all joined in singing 'One Thing.' 

I peeked into her guitar case and saw that she had quite a nifty amount of money. We had just finished singing 'One Thing' and Lee began to play Torn. Harry's face lit up and a giggle slipped my lips. Lee started the song and we all soon jumped in. One verse later, we heard two other voices join in. We all looked over and saw Liam and Zayn singing. Now we had all 5/5 of the One Direction boys singing with us. It wasn't very long till we had a huge crowd.

I felt someone grab my hand and when I looked up, I saw Niall smiling at me. I smiled back and leaned in kissing him on the cheek. His face went red and a goofy smirk played on his lips.

"I can't wait to get to know more about you." He told me.

"Me either." I winked and went back to singing with everyone else.

------------ WHOOO! Another One shot complete. Sorry I'm taking a long time. Don't worry tho, I always come through :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.3K 1.9K 13
[Completed] Niall-centric one shots.
197K 1.1K 39
THESE ARE FROM TUMBLR SO THEY AREN'T MINE SOME OF THEM!!! MOST DIRTY ONE DIRECTION IMAGINES¦ ONE SHOTS! NIALL HORAN, HARRY STYLES, LOUIS TOMLINSON, L...
172K 528 54
ONE SHOTS ARE PERMANENTLY CLOSED! If you want a One Direction One Shot for you/friend + a 1D guy all the information is inside. © 2013, @bex_the_box ...
58.6K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!