the boy on the bridge ✔️

Galing kay fragmented-

"Are you going to jump off the bridge now or not?" "Are you going to stop me if I said yes?" "Of course not... Higit pa

info
0. 'perfect' boy
1. bridge boy
2. jump boy
3. school boy
5. doubt boy
6. confused boy
7. smile boy
8. ex boy
9. skip boy
10. song boy
11. cage boy
12. dumb boy
13. room boy
14. family boy
15. alive boy
16. oh boy
~playlist~
17. caught boy
~thank you~
~q&a 1.0(part uno)~
~q&a 1.0 (part dos)~
18. lonely boy
19. bakery boy
20. talk boy
21. confront boy
22. friends boy
23. cry boy
24. out boy
25. diner boy
26. sneaky boy
27. tell boy
28. advice boy
29. like boy
30. nervous boy
31. date boy
32. cookies boy
33.1. boyfriend boy
33.2. boyfriend boy
34. movie boy
35. father boy
36. cinderella boy
37. where boy
38. ready boy
39. meet boy
40. proud boy
41. gay boy
42. dinner boy
43. aunts boy
44. hurt boy
45. forget boy
46. flashback boy
47. comeback boy
48. okay boy
49. sorry boy
50. left boy
51. work boy
52. go boy
53. dance boy
54. forgive boy
55. back boy
56. finally boy
~q&a 2.0~
~thank you, one last time~ & ~sequel announcement~
BONUS CHAPTER I
BONUS CHAPTER II
BONUS CHAPTER III
BONUS CHAPTER IV
BONUS CHAPTER V

4. golden boy

67.1K 3.6K 3.6K
Galing kay fragmented-

Chapter 4 — golden boy

"Took you long enough," the boy Josh came across the previous night comments, running a hand through his long curls, pushing them back.

He doesn't even turn around to look at Josh, but somehow guesses correctly it is him. Maybe it his heavy pants gave him away.

Josh thought it better to wait until midnight before sneaking out. He wanted to make sure both of his parents went to sleep before leaving although they usually go to bed by 10 pm. No, he isn't anxious or anything; he is just being extra careful. Or at least that is what he tells himself.

He isn't sure what the boy meant when he said, see you tomorrow, golden boy, all smugly and just walked away.

What in the stars is that supposed to even mean?

Is he trying to be some kind of psychic and foretell that we are going to meet again?

Why though; why should or why would meet again?

Josh had paced around his room, all kinds of questions popping into his answers, but never any answers.

At last, frustrated with himself, he dug out the same clothes he had worn when he met the boy — you know, in case the boy isn't able to recognise him, and put them on before sneaking out. He made sure to check that his sister was sleeping, as well, not wanting to be caught by her once again — she will never let him hear the end of it.

And then he took off running, not caring if it made him seem like a madman, lest the boy left the bridge before he can show up.

Josh also still quite hasn't let go of the idea that he is losing his mind and is making all kinds of stuff up, so he pushed himself to run even faster, before his mind can burst from all the overthinking he has been doing.

By the time Josh reaches the bridge, he is half-convinced that the boy he met the previous day was probably just his own creation and that he is really losing his marbles. He has even started thinking about which mental health facility he will be admitted to once his parents find out that their son has officially lost it.

So, to say he is surprised when he sees the same boy at the bridge again will be an understatement. He rubs his eyes hard and looks again to make sure that his head isn't playing any tricks on him, but there he still is, on the bridge.

It turns out to be a good thing the stranger boy doesn't turn around to acknowledge Josh — it gives him enough time to collect himself, to not appear so surprised. He doesn't know what exactly to say to him though, and remains quiet.

He is real. The boy on the bridge is real. Josh didn't make him up.

When Josh's silence continues for a little longer, the boy does turn around and when their gazes meet, he gives him a small smile. Josh doesn't know how to describe it but that smile, it calms him so quickly, it feels like a dirty trick.

He pats the floorboard to his right, "Come, sit,"

He is sitting at the edge of the bridge like he did the day before when Josh was being a little out of it.

It takes Josh a few seconds, but he regains his bearings, and goes to sit beside the boy. He isn't sure why but he feels a little anxious and edgy. He can't sit still and keeps fidgeting.

It doesn't help when the boy doesn't say anything either and is just looking straight ahead quietly. Josh is rigid beside him, sitting straight, his posture very much stiff and his back is actually staring to hurt a little.

Unable to take the silence any longer, he asks, "How did you know I will be back here?"

He glances from the corner of his eyes at the boy beside him and sees that he is already looking at him, his lips curved up. Josh quickly averts his eyes away, mentally face-palming. Unlike the previous time, this smile flusters Josh.

"Simple," the curly-haired boy says, "I didn't,"

The answer takes him by surprise and before he can think much about it, he jerks his head towards the boy and directly meets his gaze. You know when you're surprised by something you sometimes get this hitch in your throat, Josh feels that but, in his stomach — it's a weird feeling, yes, and he doesn't know why he gets it. He decides not to dwell on the matter long though; he can do that later.

"So, you just..." Josh trails off, unsure how to complete the sentence.

The other boy also chooses right then to push up the long sleeves of his shirt, and strangely Josh finds that action more distracting than it should be.

How did I not notice how attractive he is yesterday? The blond thinks absent-mindedly and then almost immediately is taken aback.

Wait, what?

No, no, no. Just don't think about anything.

Josh clears his throat and focuses on the present and not his whirlwind of a mind.

"Okay, so what are you doing then?"

"Waiting for you, of course," the boy says easily as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Right. But... but you said you didn't know if I will be back here,"

"Well, yeah I didn't. But you are here now, aren't you?"

Josh thinks his increasing confusion must have showed on his face since the brunet laughs, shaking his head lightly.

"It's nothing complicated. I was just hoping that you will be here and you showed up," he shrugs, still smiling as if Josh showing up at the bridge was the best thing to have happened to him that day.

Josh can't help but smile back, a strange sense of relief at the bottom of his gut.

But as soon as it comes, it dissolves, replaced with dread which Josh is much used to.

"You are Joshua, right? Joshua Goldmann,"

The blond only nods in reply. He can already tell what is coming next.

"You are kind of popular in town, aren't you?"

As expected, Josh consoles himself, proceeding to stand up, brushing his pants off any dust.

The boy looks up at Josh curiously, "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, no," Josh shakes his head, "That is exactly who I am — Joshua Goldmann. I'm just going to go. It was nice seeing you,"

Josh is not lying. It was nice seeing him, at least until Josh realised he knew who he is.

"Hey, wait," he catches Josh's wrist, "What happened?" he asks but suddenly all that the blond can focus on is the brunet's hand around his wrist.

He doesn't trust himself to speak, so he robotically shakes his once again.

"Stay a little longer?" the boy asks him and his initial decision of leaving vanishes into thin air — Josh dumbly nods, sitting back down.

The dark-haired boy lets go of Josh's hand but the latter can still feel him holding his hand, the warmth of his palm seeping through his skin.

Oh my god, what is wrong with me? Josh thinks dismayed, rubbing his wrist where the boy held him and brings it closer to him.

What if he is actually like psychic or something, and he is controlling my mind right now? he wonders and then shakes his head at himself at the ridiculousness of the idea.

Wanting to distract himself from his own thoughts, Josh speaks up, "So, are you new to town?"

"Hmm, I guess you could say that," he shrugs, "I've been around here for about a month now,"

"A month?" Josh perks up at the revelation, "How have I never seen you around before then?"

"I like to keep to myself mostly,"

"Even so, no one ever said anything about a new family moving into town,"

The boy smiles at that, "Yeah, I noticed that here; everyone seems to know everyone and everything,"

Josh grimaces, and then gives him a small shrug, "It's a small town,"

"Yeah, no. I came here by myself. Staying with my aunts for a bit,"

The blond has more questions to ask. He just wants to know more about this boy who's managed to capture all his attention without even trying. But he doesn't want to come off as creepy or nosy and so he curbs his urge to pry and fixes a smile.

"Alright, then. My belated but warm welcome to you to Willowcreeks, although it's kinda cold now,"

Josh remembers being tense and jittery when he first approached the boy right then he has never felt more at ease. He can't quite pinpoint what but there is something about this boy that makes Josh feel very much comfortable and just nice. He hasn't gotten so accustomed to anyone in such a short span of time before — it is both exhilarating and scary at the same time.

"Oh why, thank you, golden boy,"

And there goes the comfort and ease Josh was just beginning to appreciate.

"Don't call me that," Josh requests, his voice barely loud enough to be heard by the boy beside him.

"Call you what?"

"What you just said,"

"Golden boy?"

Josh holds back a sharp hiss — he really hates being called that, "Yes, that. Just please don't call me that,"

"Why not?"

The blond's immediate thought is that he is mocking him, but when he notices the cluelessness in his face, Josh is taken aback.

He couldn't not know, Josh's inner self supplies. Why would he call me that then?

"Because I'm not," Josh answers a few beats later.

"Not what?"

"The golden boy," he sighs, rolling his eyes.

The dark-haired boy doesn't say anything for a moment, and remains quiet.

After a short moment, he asks, "Is that why you're so... well-known — cause you're the town's golden boy?"

Josh turns to bridge boy (he decides to call him that for the time being), regarding him suspiciously. He isn't sure if he is being sincere or trying to pull his leg. But one look into his green eyes is all the convincing he needs. Josh turns away, ashamed.

He is new to town after all — there is a big possibility he may not be aware of who Josh is. Josh hates how he was so quick to judge him.

"When I saw you yesterday–" bridge boy starts an explanation when the silence from Josh's side prolongs, "–the very first thing I noticed about you was your hair. Even though it was quite dark, your hair just kind of... shone,"

Josh's gaze is fixed on him, his eyes probably open wide, as he is trying very hard to understand and actually take in what this boy is trying to tell him. It's a simple task but he is having a hard time to do so.

"It sounds stupid I know," the boy lets out a soft groan pressing the knob of his palms to his eyes and then pushing the curls over his head, bringing his eyes back to Josh once again, his gaze turning soft, "But, um... all I could think right then was: you're golden. So..." he trails off, shrugging, scratching the back of his neck.

If Josh isn't mistaken, he is sure he sees the boy's cheeks turning a little pink.

"So you called me golden boy?" he completes the other boy's sentence and can't help but let out a small laugh.

"Oh c'mon, don't laugh,"

However, the bridge boy is chuckling along as well, and Josh notices for the first time the dimples on his cheeks. He inwardly sighs at the observation and he feels the strangest sensation to reach out to trace that small dent.

Just snap out of it, you weirdo, Josh admonishes himself, ignoring the very much bizarre thought.

He shakes his head, and focuses back to their conversation and new disclosures, "You're..." he considers for a moment for a moment that will best suit the bridge boy, but ends up only shaking his head once again when he can't do any better than, "... unbelievable,"

The boy suddenly reaches out and ruffles Josh's hair. The action barely lasts for more than a few seconds but it is enough to cause both the boys to blush deeply. The former quickly retracts his hand as if he hasn't actually meant to do that, and Josh sits up a little straighter.

"It is golden," the boy finally admits.

Josh doesn't know how he is supposed to reply to that, and so ducking his head a little, trying to hide how red his cheeks actually is, he meekly says, "Thank you, I guess,"

"You're welcome,"

The blond sneaks a small look over to the brunet and before he can think much about it, he decides, "Also, um, you can call me that if you want," he shrugs as if to appear insouciant but his rapidly beating heart very much suggests otherwise.

"What?" truth be told, the boy knows what the blond is attempting to say, but he still wants to hear him say it out loud.

Josh lets out a low sigh, and under his breath, he mutters, "Golden boy,"

Josh has his head bowed down, so he doesn't see how much of a wide smile the bridge boy has on his face right then.

"You sure? Will it be okay for you?" there is no way he is not calling him golden boy now, but he still has to ask him.

"Yeah," Josh shrugs, and he only looks up to implement his one small condition, "Only you can call me that though,"

The curly-haired quickly nods, instantly agreeing — no words can ever come close to describe how he is feeling right then.

⋘⋙

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.3K 287 63
Why does life come with so many different possible answers to the same question? Which answer is the correct one and how do you know for sure? Findi...
400 15 16
*COMPLETED* Jeremiah has always been a model student until an early onset of a psychosis related illness sees his grades plummeting and his depressio...
970 39 3
What if you committed suicide one day. After just one horrible day that set you off. You know, the bullies and the mean classmates who want to help b...
68.9K 2.4K 43
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...