Girl With The Heart Full Of R...

By Pam-The-Lamb

***This is the sequel to Girl with the Heart of Stone and cannot be read as a stand-alone. There are spoilers... More

Revenge
It's Time To Stop Hiding
She's My Entire World Along With Her Dad
It's Her
No One Other Than Me
Marry Me
I Loved You Abrelle Louise
I'm On The Edge
Unmistakable Messy Hair
It Was Nice Seeing You Again
I Feel Like Crawling Out Of My Skin And Hidding
There Is No We
Did we just. . .have a moment?
I'm Going To Get My Revenge
Do You Live In A Cave?
Time of Death
He Loves You
Sleeping Next To Each Other Felt Intimate
Goodnight Mr. Stone
She Hasn't Even Noticed Me
You Always Were A Bitch
Vulture
Love Can Stop Someone From Doing What They Have To Do
I Would Never Pick Such a Hideous Wig
I'm Sure His Fiancée Would Love That
Blackmail Always Keeps You Safe
She's Ruthless
I'm Just Getting Started
The Love of A Mother Like You Is Poison
Follow the Money
Louise Women Destroy Everything
Give Them Hell

Dark Hair and Ocean Blue Eyes.

10.6K 373 100
By Pam-The-Lamb

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Abrelle's POV

"I'm sorry to tell you that there's been an accident," he says and I give him a confused look. "Noah Collins your. . .um."

I suddenly feel my skin go cold and my stomach drop.

 "What is going on?" I ask.

"He was in a car accident," the officer says. "You should grab your things and come with us."

No.

This is some sick joke. 

"Can I see an identification card?" I ask in hopes of this all being some kind of lie. 

"Of course," he pulls his wallet out before handing me his identification card. 

State of California. 

Scott, Joshua

Badge Number: 5324554

"What?" I say my voice cracking as try to hold myself up. "This is. . .I mean. .  .He's a good driver."

"Ma'm, " the officer says calmly as I hand him back his ID. "Is there anyone else here with you?"

"My daughter," I answer trying to focus on anything other than my beating heart. "Is he okay? Is Noah okay?"

"He's in the hospital," he says "that's all I can say. You really need to come with us."

He's not dead. 

He's not dead.

"Wait," I take a step back. "Why didn't the hospital just call me? Why did they send a police escort?"

"Ma'm," the officer says "we have reason to believe someone may have caused the accident."

Caused the accident. 

Oh god, he took my car.

"He took my car," I say moving back to take a seat on the couch suddenly feeling extremely lightheaded. "Why do you guys think someone caused it?"

"The brakes had been tampered with," he says stepping inside the house and closing the door behind him. "Look, you are a very famous woman and the sheriff just wants to make sure you arrive at the hospital safely. As soon as the hospital identified Noah Collins and we discovered the tampered breaks the sheriff made the call to send a police escort."

"Right," I nodded taking a deep breath to control my nerves. "Let me grab a coat and get my daughter."

"Of course," he nods and I stand up making my way towards my room.

I'm okay.

I don't feel like yelling.

I don't feel like crying.

I don't feel anything.

I'm okay.

*** 

"Hello my name is Abrelle Louise," I say as soon as I reach the front desk of the Intensive Care Unit. "I was told that my boyfriend Noah Collins is here."

"One minute," she smiles typing something into her computer and I place my hand on Nat's back trying my best not to hold her too tightly. "Yes, Noah Collins he's currently in radiology. I will let his doctor know you're here so that he can come out and inform you of his condition."

"Thank you," I smile trying my best to hold back tears.

"The police will also want to speak with you," she says and I nod.

"Right," I say before taking a seat in the waiting room area.

I look down at Nat's calm sleeping face and I smile.

I'm glad you're too young to understand any of this Nat or you'd be heartbroken too.

"Ms. Abrelle," I hear a voice and I turn to see Will rushing toward me.

"Will," I give him a weak smile as he takes a seat next to me.

"There were a lot of reporters outside your building," he explains placing a couple of bags in front of me "but the landlord let me in through the back. I got Mr. Collins a change of clothes and you as well. I  filled little Natalia's baby bag with all her favorite snacks, toys, and some clothes. I also got the documents you asked for."

"Thank you so much, Will," I smile and he nods.

"I also took the liberty of calling the daycare," he says. "I left a voicemail explaining that little Natalia will not be attending tomorrow's session. I hope that's okay."

"Has anyone ever told you that you're the absolute best?" I ask and I can see a small smile form on his lips before he goes back to his serious expression.

"Just doing my job," he answers.

"You're more than my employee Will," I tell him. "You're my friend and we all consider you a part of the family. So, thank you for everything you're doing. It really does help."

"Of course Ms. Abrelle," he nods. "Is there anyone you wish to inform of the accident?"

"Call his family," I release a sigh. "I'm sure they'd like to know. Tell them we have no information of his current state just that he's been in a serious accident."

"Anyone else?" he asks, in a tone of voice that makes me think he's referring to someone specific.

Jason and Lisa.

I stay quiet for a few seconds considering the possibility of letting them know.

"No," I answer "just his family."

"Of course Ms. Abrelle," he nods before standing up and walking towards the exit.

I don't have to tell Jason and Lisa. They're barely even his friends. 

I'm only informing his parents and sister out of respect and because regardless of my personal relationship with them I know they love him. He needs everyone who loves him here. 

Jason and Lisa don't love him. 

God, I hope I'm doing the right thing. 

***

"Hello Ms. Louise," Officer Scott nods as he takes a seat next to me, another officer following closely behind. "This is Officer Gordon. We just wanted to talk to you about your boyfriend's accident. Ask a few questions."

"Of course," I nod. "Ask anything you'd like." 

"Why was Mr. Collins driving so late at night?" Officer Gordon asks pulling out a small notepad and pen from his front pocket. 

"We got into an argument," I say, releasing the millionth sigh of the night. "He said he needed to take a drive."

"And he took your car?" 

"Yes."

"Ms. Louise," Officer Scott clears his throat "we are aware of your time in prison."

"Right," I say through gritted teeth. "Your point?"

"Look we know the story," he says. "We are not accusing or judging you. What I want to know is, is it possible that anyone in prison might want you dead?"

"Oh," I look down at my hands. 

It was my car. 

Whoever cut the brakes wanted me dead. 

Noah wasn't supposed to take the car. 

It was me. 

It was my car. 

"It would really help the investigation if you provided us with a list of suspects," Officer Gordon speaks. 

"There was this one prisoner," I look up at them, trying my best to keep a blank expression. "They called her Bull and every time she had the chance she'd torment me. Sometimes to the point where I almost died." 

"Okay," Officer Gordon nods, writing it down on his notepad. "We will look into her. Anyone else?"

Sam.

Would Sam want me dead?

He said he loved me. 

But he killed Nathan.

"Sam Beckett," I tell them. "He was my best friend for around seven years before my trial. We found out that he killed my fiancee Luis Vasquez."

"Got it," he nods. "What about anyone in your daily life?"

My daily life?

Stephen Ryder. 

Elizabeth Louise. 

Would my own mother really try to kill me?

I mean she's a lot of things, but murder? 

"I don't know," I say. "I lived in New York for two years before coming back only around two weeks ago. I just took control of my father's company I don't think any of my employees know me well enough to want me dead. "

"Who had control of the company before you showed up?" Officer Gordon looks up from his notepad.

"Elizabeth Louise, my mother" I answer "and Stephen Ryder her husband."

"Mhm," Officer Scott nods. "What about your siblings?"

"Nathan Louise, my younger brother, passed away," I explain looking down at my hands "and my um. . .half-sister Alison Louise is in prison." 

"Would she possibly want you dead?" Officer Gordon asks, looking uncomfortable with the sudden topic of the conversation. 

"Maybe," I shrug. "It's possible. I haven't heard anything from her since I was released from prison around two years ago."

"Anyone else that may not like you?" he asks. "Even the smallest details can be important."

Um, Stone?

Aria Stone? 

No Abrelle, that's behind us. 

What about Macy?

She was at my office acting all nice. 

What if it was all an act?

"Macy," I say. "I don't know her last name, but she's Elliot Stone's fiancee. We've never gotten along, but she showed up at my office acting as if we were friends. It was strange."

"Perfect," he nods. "We have enough information to start a full investigation. If we find anything we will let you know as possible." 

"Thank you officers," I smile.

"I hope Mr. Collins has a speedy recovery," Officer Scotts says and I mouth a soft thank you at him before they leave. 

***

"Have they told you anything?" Will takes a seat next to me and I shake my head. 

"What happened with Noah's family?" I ask. 

"On their way," he answers. "They'll be here in a couple minutes. "

"Perfect," I frown. "Let the loving family reunion begin."

"Family members of Noah Collins," a doctor announces as he enters the waiting room and we immediately stand up making our way toward him. 

"I'm his girlfriend Abrelle Louise," I say. "He's a family friend." 

"I can only talk about his condition with immediate family," the doctors says.

"I'm his agent," I say. "We both filled out an advanced health care derivative. Will, can you hand me the documents I asked you to bring?"

"Of course," he nods before handing me a file and I pull out a specific document giving it to the doctor. 

"Alright," he nods.

"Abrelle," someone yells and I turn to see Noah's family. 

Dark hair and ocean blue eyes. 

His mother is Samantha Collins, his father is David Collins, and his older sister is Genesis Collins.

"This is Noah's doctor," I tell them as they approach us. "He was about to inform us on Noah's condition." 

"We're his parents," Samantha says "and this is his older sister."

"Let's go into a private room," the doctor nods. "I can inform all you about his condition."

"All of us?" Samantha scoffs. "Isn't it only immediate family? As far as I'm aware Ms. Louise is not married to my son." 

"No," I say trying my best to be kind, we're all having a hard time "but I am his girlfriend."

"Mom," Genesis says and I can tell she's been crying. "Can we please not fight?"

"Fine," she rolls her eyes. 

"Will, can you take Natalia?" I ask and he nods "I don't want her to wake up and hear anything."

"Of course," he takes a hold of her. "If you need anything I'll be right here Ms. Abrelle."

***

We all take a seat at a large round table and the doctor clears his throat before closing the door behind him. 

"How is my son?" Samantha asks, a clear tone of worry in her voice. 

"Mr. Collins was involved in a rather severe accident," the doctor explains. "He suffered various internal injuries that we were able to fix during surgery and with the recovery he should heal."

"Thank God," I say loudly and his sister Genesis takes a hold of my hand giving it a reassuring squeeze. 

"There is a complication," the doctor says. "During the collision, he hit his head, which has caused his brain to begin swelling. We made the decision to put him in a medically induced coma in hopes of reducing the swelling with medication and time. . .The only problem is with these injuries we cannot be sure how the brain will react and it is possible that he may never recover."

He may never recover.

A/N: New Chapter!!!

I hope you all enjoyed finally meeting Noah's family!!

It's been so long since I've asked a chapter question sooo; Tell me something exciting happening in your life!

Comment & Vote

Love, Pam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Wrong Guy By tatum

Teen Fiction

416K 15.3K 44
❝Would it be wrong to think - to think, that I could make you so much happier?❞ Fawn Lockhart and Elliott Mass have never gotten along. The water and...
3.3K 104 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
291 50 45
#686 in contemporary romance 02.02.2024 #43 in new adult fiction 01.29.2024 ----------------------------------------------------------------- THIS IS...
1.3M 29K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...