The Devil Is My Guardian

By brech33se

One thing I'll always remember is my parents saying "Everyone has a story" "Everyone has a story with a past... More

The Devil Is My Guardian
Chapter One ~ From The Start.
Chapter Two ~ Raccoon Eyes.
Chapter Three ~ Overweight Angry Meatball.
Chapter Four ~ Stall Buddies.
Chapter Five ~ Coopers Cupcake
Chapter Six ~ Badass Ninja Warrior.
Chapter Seven ~ Turbo
Chapter Eight ~ Chubs
Chapter Nine ~ Creepy Horny Old Man-boy
Chapter Ten ~ Sweet Cheeks
Chapter Eleven ~ Bambi
Chapter Twelve ~Crazy Teenage Girls
Chapter Thirteen ~ Overly Possessive Boyfriend
Chapter Fourteen ~ Awkward Turtle
Chapter Fifteen ~ Pumpkin
Chapter Sixteen ~ Ava Baby
Chapter Eighteen ~ Nasty Perveted Old Man
Chapter Nineteen ~ Dark Hero
Chapter Twenty ~ Return of the Raccoon Eyes
Chapter Twenty One ~ Tomato Face
Chapter Twenty-Two ~ A Stab To The Heart
Chapter Twenty-Three ~ Boneheads
Chapter Twenty-Four ~ Miss Cutie
Chapter Twenty-Five ~ The Last
Bonus Chapter
Important News!

Chapter Seventeen ~ Dip-Twad

620K 23.3K 13.2K
By brech33se

Chapter Seventeen ~ Dip-Twad

Longest update ever, I know.

And this isn't edited because my editor refused to edit... So bear with me.

Currently being edited!
-HowlingTigerHorse

Ava Chance.

Slowly and with a grunt of frustration, I sat up. Of course there was someone at the door for me when I am looking my absolute worst; bed-head, no makeup, and sleep in my eyes.

Peering a daring look at myself in the mirror, I quickly regretted it because my hair now resembled a lion's dirty mane, my eyes were red and puffy, and not to mention my acne was currently spreading like wildfire all over my face, down my neck and towards my chest.

Without wasting another minute, I flattened my hair and splashed water on my face before successfully running down the stairs without falling.

"Who is it?" I whispered to my grandmother once I had turned the corner into the kitchen - away from the doorway.

"A boy," she smirked, before sipping from a glass of water in her flowery gardening gloves.

"Yeah I got that part," I rolled my eyes at her sarcastically.

"Oh shush, you, and go talk to the boy," she urged all while rolling her eyes back to me. Like grandmother, like granddaughter.

I nodded my head, following orders, but not before sticking my tongue out at her.

Now I wasn't sure who was on the other side of the door but I had a pretty good idea, so very stealth-like, I poked my head around the corner, only to find, well only to find a boy standing there.

Just like grandma said: a boy.

Or more like an overly-possessive boyfriend instead.

Milo stood there, dressed in orange and yellow plaid khaki shorts, as well as an orange polo tee. His hair was attempted to have been sleeked back but some of his bangs were now falling down onto his forehead and into his eyes. Not to mention, his shoes with long socks deal was...unexplainable.

Then my brain decided to work. Why was Milo here?

How does everyone know where I live?

Why am I not running while screaming stalker right now?

Abort mission, I repeat, abort missio-

"Ava, I know you're right there," he chuckled, with a hint of annoyance in his voice - but that could've just been me.

"Oh!" I laughed nervously as I awkwardly walked from my hiding place. "Milo! Didn't see you there! Have you lost weight?"

He raised an unamused brow at me, which by the way was as thick as a caterpillar. I hate caterpillars.

"Um, anyways, I wanted to come down here to see if you-"

"No," I turned down, without even batting a lash. Pat on the back for Ava.

"But-"

"Right now isn't exactly a good time," I smiled sheepishly.

"I can see that." He was referring to how I looked, and at the same time my jaw dropped. "Just listen to me for a second, okay? That's all I ask."

Still stunned at what he'd said earlier, I stayed silent and he took that as his Que. to continue.

"You've already set me straight, I get that and right now, quite frankly I don't care. All I came here for before I was oh-so-rudely interrupted-" He glared harshly at me. "-was because of our English assignment. It's due in three days and I've never been - and don't plan on ever being - late with an assignment."

"Oh." I looked around awkwardly, controlling my anger for this boy. "I see."

"So that's done. Shall we start now?"

"Uhm." The image of my messy bedroom flashed in my mind. "Problem."

"Tell me upstairs," he grunted in annoyance while he tried to push past me.

"No." I pushed him back. I was sick of his arrogance so I was finally beginning to stand up for myself. "My house, my rules." I cocked an eyebrow and crossed my arms when he looked at me, baffled. "We'll work at the park."

I knew I was already fed up with every other problem in my life, so his arrogance was where I drew the line. For the first time I felt I needed - and was able to - stand up for myself. I wasn't the weak girl I was a few weeks ago and that was because of Cooper. I knew that.

"What if I don't want to?" He pushed.

"I don't care; we're going to the park."

And I pushed him out of the door, grabbing my grandma's keys in the process.

"Do you do this on purpose?" I asked Milo, Referring to annoying me as he switched from the 18th radio station.

"Do what on purpose?" Without even glancing at me he asked while he changed to the ninetieth station.

"Purposely make yourself so god damn annoying!" I yelled as I flicked his hands away from the radio. Okay so maybe it was my time of the month.

"Sorry." He shrugged. "Would you rather me all over you like Cooper?"

"He isn't 'all over m-"

Both out heads snapped to the radio station, we're unfortunately for me Milo stopped on an opera station and me and my stupid pride wouldn't change it.

But the music was bad. I hadn't even realized till now that it was an opera pop station, were they did opera remixes of popular pop music.

Before I could stop Milo from realizing, I was squirming in my seat, somehow the music had a bad vibe on me.

Being stubborn was one of my not-so good features and just to prove a point I was not going to change the station.

"What were you saying?" Milo smirked knowingly.

"That you're a dip-twad."

I didn't think it could get worse but I was proven wrong when Justin Bieber baby came on.

"Baby, baby, baby- OHHHH!" It sang into the station, making me fear for my grandma's speakers.

"Baby, baby, baby, OHHHHHH!" And taken back by the sudden scream like "Oh" I jumped in my seat, almost swivelling into the other lane as car honks and curses were heard from outside of the car.

And Milos laugh was the only thing I heard inside of the car as he turned off the radio.

"I think I better turn this off before it gets us both killed, and not just because of your crazy driving."

"So in conclusion the world war was, No fun for anybody and I wish it never happened." I said sarcastically while smiling where we sat in the grass field away from the playground with the screaming children.

"Well I don't exactly think that's what Mrs. Lawfeild is looking for but I'll change it up a bit when I get home." Grabbing our finished work he stacked the piles of paper together and settled on putting his pencil behind his ear.

"I thought I did pretty well." I scoffed, crossing my arms while mocking hurt.

"If a D- is what you call good, then good luck getting into university." He said with all seriousness. Ouch.

And I nodded my head silently, packing up my school bag.

"I won't tell Mrs. Lawfeild that I did most of the work, No worries." He smiled, as if he was being thoughtful.

"Yea, sure."

"No thank you?"

"Thank. You." And I walked to my grandmother's car.

While I walked as calmly to my grandma's car as I possibly could, I kept thinking and kept getting more frustrated with my own life. I was sick of everything, everything wasn't right and it hadn't been for a long time. Course I thought my life was bad and I didn't deserve it but I never got thinking to suicide, I couldn't, It was just the kind of person I am.

Having too much walls up to protect myself only made the ones I cared about hurt; Cooper. And my friends having too much walls up to protect themselves only hurt me; Grace. And with curiously getting the best of me, I hurt my friend; Braxton.

Milo was a complete jerk without even knowing it; his head was too big to handle, and not to mention the obnoxious laugh he happened to have.

He sounded like a dying pig with the snorts and all. Not to mention the hint of a whistle that sounded at every breathe like he'd swallowed a whistle at a young age.

Why everyone loved him, I will never know or understand.

"Ava wait!" Milo called.

"Hmm?" Maybe an apology?

"I need a ride home."

And I punched him. - I thought.

"Ava, hello?" He waved his hand in my face, snapping me out of my thought of punching him square in the nose, making a heaping amount of blood fall out of his nose and a satisfied grin splatter on my face- "Ava!"

"Hop in." I sighed defeated and we both rounded the car to our separate sides.

Falling into an awkward silence I thought about music, until Milo broke the silence.

"Anyways, So I was thinking since we're done our project-"

"Do you feel like music? I feel like music." Interrupting him as I plucked a fall out boy album and plumped it into the CD player.

"I-I was thinking you and I could-"

"Where do you live?"

"32 Hansen Street." I nodded. "Since were done the project you, me, Movies?"

"Uh-"

"I think I really do like you, and I'm pretty sure you like me so-"

I furrowed my brows, how did I give him any mixed messages that I may possibly like him. I didn't even have to think it through I already knew the answer. He was pretty much asking for this.

"No."

"No?"

"No Milo, Get this through your thick skull, I. don't. Like. You." I sighed.

"But-"

"I like Cooper!"

"Wha-"

"Get out, get out get out."

"This isn't anywhere close to my house-"

"Just get out!" and once he did, I drove away, fast.

I couldn't believe the words that had just came out of my mouth.

Monday mornings really are just dreadful.

Especially when you have nobody to wake up for, No parents, No friends, No lovers. Just a dog and a grandma.

But they were enough to get me through the day.

So I pulled on my leather jacket with a sweater hood, a red crop top underneath while squishing into light washed jeans and my blue bobs.

Already before I left I had almost forgotten to brush my teeth and put on makeup so I settled on natural wavy hair.

"Grandma?" I peered into the kitchen to find her smiling with Hiccup, I smiled. "Could you give me a ride today?"

"Just drive yourself Hun, I don't need it today. I think I'm going to play with hiccup."

"Okay grandma."

And I left the house with keys in hand and a small smile on my face. She was old, but found the best of things out of the small of things.

But the drive to school was slow, Traffic wasn't that bad but I was still lost in my own thoughts. I wanted my friends back, and I knew I was going to have to be the one to put on her big girl panties and suck it up because if I didn't make an effort than who would?

One step at a time, I spotted Grace. Course she was at her locker, in the easiest place to find her. It was like she wanted me to apologize she wanted me to be the one to suffer, because being the friends we are, I was always the one to apologize.

Although I didn't exactly know what I was apologizing for.

"Grace." And I walked as calmly as possible towards her, when really I really needed one of her hugs. "What you've been up too?"

"Oh you know, stuff." And we both nodded awkwardly.

"So-"

"I miss you." She blurted out, taking me by surprise. That was my line.

"Grace-"

"Please come to my house tonight. Please." and I nodded and then she nodded.

"Okay, well I got class." I said, making it even more awkward as she dropped few papers from her messy locker.

When we both reached for them, I think time stopped. My eyes went huge and my stomach dropped.

Now you may be wondering what I'm talking about, well do you remember when I said I wasn't that type of girl who could think of suicide; well Grace was.

The tiny little marks on her wrists showed it. Where they tauntingly sat, making me sick to my stomach and wanting to bawl my eyes out. And to make it worse the image kept replaying in my head, Making me feel guiltier and guiltier for letting her go through that alone; and to make it way worse was that I didn't even know the reason they even sat on her wrists in the first place.

What kind of friend was I?

Pushing the thoughts aside I lifted my head to see Grace already gone.

School went by fast, without even me knowing it, I had things on my mind and a lot of it at that.

So when volleyball practice showed up, I hit, I blocked, and I dug. Finished.

So when I was grabbing the last of my things, already being the last one still here, I didn't expect another voice to erupt from the other side of the room.

"Hello Ava, Long time no see."

Insert creepy voice here.

Hey guise!

Not much to say sorry for the slow update, its summer and I get lazy- You should expect that.

Now on a serious note, If you find any part of this story offensive or how I shouldn't right it like that (Graces part) I'm dearly sorry, but I'm currently writing this book not just for the fun of it but To show everyone has a story, In this case Graces story may be a little hard to read for some of you but that's life. *shrugs* anyways I've built each character with a story and past, something that you will learn throughout the story of learning Ava's. So just like Ava, Cooper has a story that you'll find out, Same with Braxton, Same with Grace, and even Milo.

So I really am sorry if you don't want to read this anymore because you find their stories offensive or something but this is how I''ve planned to make my book and I intend on keeping it like this. It takes a lot of courage to put Graces story because well, I'm afraid that you guys won't keep reading but tbh this is a risk I to take for this book. Because The main reason of this book isn't about love, but it's to show everyone has a story. so yeahh

Anyways it almost my birthday! July 21st

so yeeah this is cool and I miss you guys!

VOTE&COMMENT&FOLLOW

LALALOVEYEW&BUHBYE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 21.6K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
Madam Mafia By Nana

Teen Fiction

13.5M 354K 88
Rose Amor is the school nerd. She wears big black glasses and keeps her long black hair in a ponytail. She stays out of drama and keeps to herself. S...