The Longest Wait [Hiccup X Re...

By Emily7love

|Completed| A long time ago in Berk your parents sadly pass away. But leave it to one boy to try to make you... More

The Offer
Secrets Reviled
Flying High
What Just Happened
At Last
Stay Away
That Devilish Smile
What Could Go Wrong?
The Plan
Headaches
The Big News
Date Night
Telling the Gang
He's Coming for You
Slothi, Cnut, Vail
Confessions n Realizations
Touble in the Skies
I Don't Like You
Jealous?
Council Meeting
Snowstorm (pt.1)
Snowstorm (pt.2)
It's Not What It Looks Like
Stay
The Escape
Love on the Battlefield
I'm Here
Home
What The?
The Dress
Surprise Visit
Happy Birthday
The Truth
Have Faith
Battle Field
Good Day for a Wedding
Taken
Seasick
Never Trust an Outcast
It's Time
My Sweet Child
The Longest Wait
A New Beginning
Extra
Q & A

Sweet Revenge

3.8K 63 50
By Emily7love

A/N: Not my best. But here you are! One more chapter to go! Comment what you think, like, share, whatever you wanna do :)

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V
Toothless flew faster than you had ever seen him fly. Then again it might be because riding was different then watching. Now you knew why Hiccup wore a helmet. You didn't even have to click to different gears to dodge the arrows and boulders that were being hurdler toward you. Toothless simply moved on his own to avoid the arrows. As for the boulders, he just plasma blasted them into tiny pieces.

Within minutes you were on board of the ship, surrounded by only a few Vikings. You noticed now that Drago had left many of his men back on the island trying to make a good escape. One of the men approached you, a sword in hand. Toothless growled at the man and shot a blast at him, knocking him overboard. There was a quick yell before the splash. None of the other men on board went to help him, they just stood and stared, too scared to approach the Night Fury.

You heard heavy footsteps followed by an angry voice. "Why is everyone just standing around?" One of the men by the door cleared his throat. "Umm, sir w-we have a visitor?"

"What do you mean?" His eyes met yours. You stood there staring at each other until Drago chuckled a little to himself. "Where's Hiccup?" He asked coldly. Your eyes teared up a little but was replaced with pure anger. "You killed him." Your voice was small but in the silence on the boat, your voice could be heard. "You have destroyed my family. And I will get my revenge. I want to duel."

All at once, every man on the ship began to laugh. Some of them looked like they were forcing their laughter while others were holding their sides. "Y-you want to duel me?" Drago spat through his own laughter. Toothless nudged you slightly in confusion, not understand your plan. "I can win Toothless." You patted his head to reassure him.

You did feel pretty confident, and you were good with a sword maiden. Then again had been a while since you went one on one with someone, but you figured it couldn't be too hard. The moves would come back to you. "What? You think a girl can't win?" You crossed your arms and glowered at the older Viking. "And what would you like if you win?"

"My daughter, the freedom of Berk, and revenge for my husband." Drago shook his head. "You're asking a lot, why shouldn't I just kill you now?"

"And prove to your men that you aren't the feared Viking you claim to be? You wouldn't even take a duel with a girl?" His men began to whisper back and forth to each other, eyeing you then their leader. Drago glared at you then turned to his men, "silence!" They all stopped talking and looked back to him. Drago turned back to you, "and if I win, I get you, the Night Fury, your child, and Berk."

You thought hard about his offer. No way would Berk fall to Drago and his men. They had the dragons and the Berk army. And the dragon riders, but no chief. And what about your child and Toothless? Did you really want to risk that? You shook your head then looked straight at the tall Viking. "I accept."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

You held your sword in your hands, facing off with Drago. He was a lot bigger than you, but you were quicker and lighter on your feet. Drago's men stood around the ship watching and cheering on Drago. Toothless stood behind you trying his best to encourage you. One man stood to the side with a flag, he held it high waiting for both fighters to give the ok. Drago nodded, then he turned to you, and you did the same thing and readied yourself for the up coming battle.

Drago made the first move. He charged forward with a loud scream and swung his sword down. You easily sidestepped to avoid the swing. You lifted your sword and swung for his neck, but heard the two weapons clash together as he blocked your attack. Drago easily pushed the sword aside, causing your footing to stumble a little off to the side.

He caught you off guard and tripped you, causing you to fall to the ground. He thrust his weapon down to the ground near your head. You could hear the swish of the sword as it passed by your ears, and the loud crash of it hitting the decking. You noticed that he had gotten his sword stuck in the wood and quickly rolled away. Your felt at your ear and noticed the little cut in it. A tiny drop of red blood stained your finger tip.

You located Drago and took his moment of trying to free his sword to run at him and try to get a few attacks in. You got one good swing in on his back but were unable to do any real damage. Drago yelled out and turned, forgetting his sword, and hit you on the side of the head. Your ears rung and time seemed to stop for a minute as you stumbled backward. You blinked a little and waited for your vision to go back to normal. 

He always swings low, (y/n). When he does again, jump over and go for the middle.

You looked in the crowd of people around you trying to find whoever was talking to you. "D-dad? Is that you?"

Yes rose, it's me. That's always how Drago has fought. He always goes low, because if he can take out your legs you won't be able to move. You need to aim higher, and dodge his low swings.

You nodded to no one and rubbed your head which was still ringing. "Dad, Hiccup's- he's dead."

I know. We found him. Valka's in tears. But don't worry about that right now. I'll explain later. Right now you need to turn around because Drago is coming at you. Aim high, (y/n). Don't forget your fighting skills.

You looked behind yourself and saw Drago running straight toward you, his sword drawn back and already starting to head down. You didn't have too much time to think about it, next thing you know you were jumping up into the air and aiming your sword downward. You felt the forced pressure of blade meeting skin. There was a slight pause followed by silence. You opened your eyes, not aware that they were shut the whole time. When you did, your eyes met Drago's. His eyes held shock and his mouth hung open slightly. He sluggishly looked down at the sharp sword pierced through his chest, pure shock plastered on his face.

"How did you- you won?" Drago whispered only inches away from your face. "That's for my Hiccup." You twisted your sword causing him to grunt. "And that's for kidnapping my daughter. And this-" you let go of the sword and kicked him over. "Is for everyone else." Drago fell, dropping his sword on the way.

You turned and looked at all the other men. They stood with their mouths open, too scared to say a word. Finally, a taller muscular Viking stepped forward, eyeing you cautiously. "You've killed our leader." You stood still not knowing if you should apologize or make a snappy Hiccup comment. Luckily you didn't have to, he was the first to break the awkward silence that was beginning to form. "For that," he continued, "by Viking law, we are hereby under your command." He bowed his head, as did the rest of the men.

"I want my daughter." You heard a cry off in the distance and looked toward it. A guy stepped forward with a crying child. You rushed toward him and scooped her up in your arms. Almost instantly, she stopped crying and looked up at you with her brilliant (y/e/c) eyes. She smiled as you held her close. Tears started to come to your eyes as you looked down at her little happy face. Her adorable red tuff on the top of her head reminded you of Hiccup. Everything about her reminded you of Hiccup.

Toothless pushed his way through and nudged you slightly. You smiled and pet the dragon, showing him your baby. At the sight of the little human, Toothless's eyes became wider. Valerie reached up and touched his nose causing Toothless to go cross-eyed. She laughed and continued to pat his nose gently.

Slowly, you turned to the other men. "Take us back to the island." The men nodded and began to turn the ship back the way they came. On the way, one of the men approached you. "Thank you for defeating him." You sighed and looked down at the fallen Viking. "I did what I did for my loved ones." He nodded and was off.

Upon arriving, you noticed the whole village of Berk had gather around the short line. Your father waited for you as you came off the ship. Toothless glided over to a bundle of cloth and sniffed it before laying down next to it sadly.

Your dad placed a hand on your shoulder, his eyes filled with sorrow. "(Y/n), I'm so sorry about Hiccup. He was a great man." New cries form under your skin, and you had to bite your lip to keep them in. Without saying a word you walked over to where Toothless was and pulled the cloth back, revealing his face. His eyes were shut and he looked peaceful, but the guilty side of you wanted him back.

You felt the presence of your friends, and Astrid pulling you close, trying her best to soothe you. You turned and looked at all your friends. Even Snotlout has tears in his eyes. The twins were holding each other, and Fishlegs wasn't any better.

"What did you name her?" Astrid asked motioning to the baby. "Valerie, after Vali." She smiled, "we found him. We're going to give him a proper send off with Hiccup. I just can't believe he's gone." You sighed and covered his face again. "Let's get him home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 1.1K 32
You came to the city of Berk to start a new life; a fresh start. You were completely new to the environment. Your fondness grows everyday when you di...
30.7K 609 27
Hiccup and Astrid have an amazing life living as Chief and Chieftess of Berk with their beautiful daughter Zephyr. It has been a few years with only...
11.7K 237 13
Astrid Hofferson a new girl at school has experience the so-called 'love at first sight with this boy named Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third. Alth...
699K 16.1K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...