The Longest Wait [Hiccup X Re...

By Emily7love

|Completed| A long time ago in Berk your parents sadly pass away. But leave it to one boy to try to make you... More

The Offer
Secrets Reviled
Flying High
What Just Happened
At Last
Stay Away
That Devilish Smile
What Could Go Wrong?
The Plan
Headaches
The Big News
Date Night
Telling the Gang
He's Coming for You
Slothi, Cnut, Vail
Confessions n Realizations
Touble in the Skies
I Don't Like You
Jealous?
Council Meeting
Snowstorm (pt.1)
Snowstorm (pt.2)
It's Not What It Looks Like
Stay
The Escape
Love on the Battlefield
I'm Here
Home
What The?
The Dress
Surprise Visit
Happy Birthday
The Truth
Have Faith
Battle Field
Good Day for a Wedding
Taken
Never Trust an Outcast
It's Time
My Sweet Child
The Longest Wait
Sweet Revenge
A New Beginning
Extra
Q & A

Seasick

2.7K 60 25
By Emily7love

A/N I'm sooooo sorry I haven't updated in a while. Thank you everyone for being so patient. This chapter isn't that long, but I had to give you something, so here you are! Enjoy!

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
The boat rocked back and forth as you pulled away from Berk. You lay on the ground looking up at the window from your cell. The wooden floor smelled terrible and rotten, and the rocking. You felt sick.

There was a window in your cell near the top. From your point of view, you could see a few dragons flying around and smoke. Over the waves crashing into the ship, you could hear screams.

Despite everything that had happened, all you could think about was your child. You were going to give birth any day now, and Hiccup didn't even know where you were. He thought you were safely at another island, waiting for him to come get you. Instead, you were here. On an outcast ship sailing away. No one knew you got taken.

Tears slid down your face, but you didn't make a sound. There were some footsteps outside your cell, but they passed. The thumping soon faded into nothing but the rolling sea again.

You sat up slightly and looked at your arm. It continued to bleed, your clothes had dried blood on them. You managed to rip apart of your coat sleeve off to use as a bandage. Using your teeth, you tied it tightly, stopping the blood.

Footsteps came back down the hallway and stopped outside your door. You turned your head slightly and saw one of the outcasts staring back. He looked a little drunk, and held a bottle in his hand which was almost empty. He gripped at the bars to keep himself balanced as the ship moved, it clearly didn't help that he wasn't sober.

"We-we are g-going to kill you." He laughed a little and stumbled backwards, dropping the bottle in the process. It rolled on the floor lazily, the drunken Viking not even noticing it missing. He stumbled away, laughing and hiccuping. Your gazed went to the bottle, watching it roll back and forth.

You conjured up all your strength and crawled toward the bottle. When it rolled close enough to the bars, you reached out and grabbed it. Some of the whiskey that the Viking didn't finish came out the top and left your hand sticky. You smelled the inside of the bottle, almost wishing you could drink yourself drunk. That way the pain would be less. It would go away.

You gritted your teeth and poured the rest of it on the deck floor just outside your cell. You pulled the bottle through the bars and set it to the side for later. Then you peered out into the hallway. There were a few torches that were burning brightly to light the hallway. Some chucks of coal were littering the floor right below them. Carefully, you stuck your arm through the bars. You could just barley reach it, pushing yourself against the bars until it hurt, but you finally managed to get a small chunk. The coal was still hot and burned your fingers slightly, but you held on, pulling it toward you.

Once it was safely in the cell, you pulled you hand back and blew on it. Your teeth gritted slightly as you held your burnt hand close to your chest. When the pain subsided, you looked to see a black burn on your palm and at the tips of your fingers. That didn't matter though, now all you need was paper and something to seal the bottle. It was your only way to contact Hiccup, if he even got the bottle.

You hand felt at your boot, the place you kept your small knife. It wasn't enough to take on all the outcasts here, but it would do in a pinch. Best to keep it hidden, even if it wouldn't do much harm. Your hand found the knife, and a smile crossed your lips. In fact, you almost laughed out loud. They hadn't even checked you for weapons. Not that you had a problem with that. You flicked it open and started to cut a thin piece of the wall out.

After a couple failed attempts and a few cut fingers, you finally had a jagged piece of wood that would work for writing. You took the charcoal and carefully wrote,

"Hiccup, on outcast ship, help, (y/n)"

You rolled it up best you could without breaking the fragile piece and stuffed the top of the bottle with your clothing.

Footsteps echoed in the hall. You glanced back quickly, knowing the voice belonged to Alvin. With that, you quickly shoved the bottle through the bars and into the ocean below. You had enough time to fall back to the ground quietly before he spotted you. You could practically feel his gaze watching you, making it feel like fire was dancing on your back.

"Wakey wakey, m'lady. That's what Hiccup calls you, right?" He taunted. His voice echoes off the sides of the walls and down the hall, making him sound even more dangerous. "Is she still unconscious?" He asked the others. You heard someone fiddling with keys, and then the door opening. You shut your eyes trying to make yourself look unconscious as he approached you.

He pulled your head back to gaze at your face. You tried not to wince at the pain from him grabbing your hair and let your mouth hang open slight for better effect. He seemed to buy that you were still out because shortly after, he put your head down and walked out of the cell. "We'll interrogate her when she wakes up." He mumbled to one of the other guards. "Stay here and wait for her to stir." You dared not to move anymore and pray to the gods that Hiccup would find you quickly.

*** 2 hours later ***

Hiccup's P.O.V
I covered my ears as Toothless roared. He stood in front of me, protecting me from the alpha. Or I assumed that was what he was doing, I had fallen off somehow and now lay helplessly in the snow. For a brief moment, my thoughts wandered to (y/n). Did she make it to the other village ok? I hoped she did.

As much as I wanted to make sure she was ok, I knew I had a battle in front of be and a village behind me. I needed to focus and save them, (y/n) was tough and could handle herself.

I scrambled to my feet and looked around to find half the village destroyed, and half covered in ice. I made out my mom running toward me in all the chaos. When she reached me, she embraced me tightly. "I thought you were dead! How did you survive that fall?"

"I-I don't know. Everything went black for a moment and then I'm here." I managed to say over the noise of Toothless. "What's he doing?" I yelled as Toothless roared again. "It looks as though he-"

"What?!"

"It looks like he is challenging the Alpha!" The alpha went from side to side, as if trying to get to me, but every time he moved, so did Toothless. He fired a plasma blast right at the Alpha's face, making the Alpha back away slightly. They roared at each other, then suddenly, the alpha backed away even more, as if he were scared of the black dragon. Toothless leapt forward, making him move back even more. Even from the ground and over all the noise, I could make out Drago yelling at the dragon to fight back.

Within minutes, the dragon shook his head and made a sharp turn to the ocean, taking Drago with him. The Alpha swam under the water leaving Drago bobbing in the ice cold water. I could see just his head above the water, and then a boat coming to get him. He cursed at me and made a few rude gestures. "I'll be back, Haddock! You just wait!"

The ships retreated, leaving the village quieter. Villagers started to gather waiting for my orders. Then, everyone started cheering and hugging. Yes we had won, but now was not the time to celebrate. The village needed to be cleaned, and the ice taken care of, and for all we knew the outcasts could be back with a plan B any moment. "What's next, chief?" Someone asked after the cheering stopped. "Well, we need to put out the fires and clean up. We also need to keep watch for the outcast, incase they come back."

I made a few gestures and told people where to get to work, and shortly after I finished, they got to work. Toothless came over and nudged me gentle. "Hey bud, thanks for watching out for me." He crooned licked my face. I pushed him back plugging my noise and wiping my face. "Gross! Come on, I already stink." The dragon gave me a sad look, and looked down at his feet as if in shame. "Oh, I'm just joking. Did being an alpha take away your sense of humor?" He gave me an annoyed look and breathed out heavily. "I'm sorry, I'll give you your favorite fish? Will that work?" He huffed and turned his back on me. "What? Ok ok, 5 nights of your favorites." He turned his head back slightly and crooned. "Fine, a week." Toothless showed me his toothless grin and jumped on top of me, once again licking my face. I groaned and tried my best to cover my face.

After he finally got off, I climbed on his back. "Alright, lets go find (y/n). She's can't be far." Right as we were about to take off, a voice stopped me. "Where are you going?"

I turned and looked down at my mother and Astrid. "I'm going to get (y/n). I need to tell her it's safe to come back." She shook her head. "You need to be here for the village. I'll send Astrid to get her. You're needed here, right now."

"But-" she cut me off by holding up a finger. "Let Astrid go. We need you here." I sighed, but hopped down from Toothless and nodded to Astrid. "She'll be on one of the nearby islands." She nodded and ran off. I trusted Astrid, but I wanted nothing more than to be the first one to see (y/n). To tell her we had won.

(Y/n) P.O.V
After laying on the floor for a good 15 minutes, you sat up and stretched a little. Looking outside, you noticed the boat wasn't moving in the water anymore. And that you were clearly docked on another island, not outcast island.

Footsteps made their way down the hall to your cell. You thought about laying back down and hoping they thought you were still out, but by the time everything had processed, Alvin was already there.

"Good! You're awake!" He smiled, almost friendly, but you knew deep down he wasn't going to help you in any way. You continued to glare at him as he opened the cage. "You're probably wondering where you are, aren't you?" You didn't respond. "Well, no need to worry one bone in your body. You're safe here, for now." The deepness of his voice made you shiver slightly, but he didn't seem to notice.

Your gaze looked at the door, which now hung wide open. Alvin was on one side walking around the small room. How hard would it be to make a run for it? Find a dragon, and make it Berk without losing a head?

Alvin seemed to read your thoughts, because the next thing he said was, "you can't get out. There are men at the top who would take you down. I suggest if you want to live, then you'll stay put and do as you're told." He looked back at you, grinning. "What are you going to do to me?" It was a dangerous question, yes, and your stomach turned a little thinking of all the answers an outcast could give. But you had to know. Your voice came out raspy and weak, something you had to correct. You cleared your throat and tried again. "What are you going to do to me?"

He chuckled lightly. "Depends on what we need you for. When we take over Berk, Drago will need someone to carry his own child to rule." You shuddered at that. Alvin saw you this time and grinned to himself. Shortly after, his gaze became dark again. "But if your damn Hiccup gets in the way and manages to prevent that, then we'll use you as bait. Berk, or you and his child. We all know who he's going to pick."

"A-and if he doesn't choose me? What if he chooses Berk?"

"Well for one, that won't happen. But if he happens to, then we could kill you, or just your child and keep you as a slave." He looked right into your eyes, looking for weakness, or fear. You held his gaze trying not to show what he was looking for. You looked away only when your stomach growled. "Oh, that reminds me." He snapped his fingers and someone came down the stairs, holding something. "Eat up."

He walked away, signaling for the guy to put the food down. He did, and Alvin closed the cell door.

Once you knew for sure he was gone, you slid over to the bowl and looked inside. Despite not wanting to eat whatever they made, you were starting to get hungry. A gross yellow soup filled the bowl, and in it were chunks of meat. A spoon lay in it, so you picked it up and lifted a chunk of meat to the light. It seemed to be real, so you gentle touched your lips to it. It was cold. You sighed and put it in your mouth anyway. After a few bits, you stopped, feeling sick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...
75.3K 1.4K 55
Modern Hiccstrid love story! Regular updates!!! Requests are welcome x Hope you enjoy :)
13.6K 330 5
You, (Y/N), are a popular and unique girl living on Berk. You're good friends with everyone there, but also the only friend of Hiccup. Your past in...
30.5K 609 27
Hiccup and Astrid have an amazing life living as Chief and Chieftess of Berk with their beautiful daughter Zephyr. It has been a few years with only...