The Longest Wait [Hiccup X Re...

By Emily7love

|Completed| A long time ago in Berk your parents sadly pass away. But leave it to one boy to try to make you... More

The Offer
Secrets Reviled
Flying High
What Just Happened
At Last
Stay Away
That Devilish Smile
What Could Go Wrong?
The Plan
Headaches
The Big News
Date Night
Telling the Gang
He's Coming for You
Slothi, Cnut, Vail
Confessions n Realizations
Touble in the Skies
I Don't Like You
Jealous?
Council Meeting
Snowstorm (pt.1)
Snowstorm (pt.2)
It's Not What It Looks Like
Stay
The Escape
Love on the Battlefield
I'm Here
Home
What The?
The Dress
Surprise Visit
Happy Birthday
Have Faith
Battle Field
Good Day for a Wedding
Taken
Seasick
Never Trust an Outcast
It's Time
My Sweet Child
The Longest Wait
Sweet Revenge
A New Beginning
Extra
Q & A

The Truth

3.4K 69 2
By Emily7love

A/N: Sorry if this might be a little boring, but I hope you enjoy it. I finally had a weekend where I didn't have homework to do. But please enjoy reading, thanks for all the faithful reads!
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Once Hiccup had left, you got up and began to speed walk to the door only to be stopped by the guard. "Miss, please take your time." You rolled your eyes and huffed, continuing on your way. You did feel a little bad for taking out your slight anger on the poor guard, but at the moment you didn't care.

The guard walked behind you, keeping up with your pace. Given you had slowed down a little. Not because you wanted to or anything, it was mostly because you felt tired. The feeling was too familiar and had been happening since you got pregnant. Luckily for you, the house wasn't all that far away.

When you found yourself at the front of the door, you turned to him and put on your best smile. "I'm good, thanks." Before he could answer you opened the door and walked in. Hiccup was on the floor sitting next to Vali who looked confused. He was holding bowl filled with something over his face. Upon entering, Hiccup looked up. "You got here fast." He commented looking you over. Deciding to ignore his statement, you walked over to him and sat down. "So what's happened so far?" Hiccup kept his eyes on you for a moment, then started. "Well, when I got here, he was already awake. And now he's just kinda like this. He can't remember much about what happened to him or how he got here."

Vali's eyes were watching you. "Hey, (y/n)." He said. His voice was raspy and quiet. "How are you feeling?" You asked him gently. "I can't feel my arm." He lifted his right arm slightly. "It's numb."

"You might have frost bite." Hiccup said getting everyone's attention. "Oh." Was Vali's simple reply. Valka and Fern stood nearby watching and listening to the conversation. "Don't you remember anything, dear?" Valka asked after a moment of silence fell over the Vikings. "Only a little. It's slightly fuzzy."

He jumped slightly when a hand was placed on his shoulder. Your eyes watched the hand and traveled up the arm to find out who it was. Hiccup's soft green eye's were looking at the boy carefully. "Just do your best. Tell us what you can remember." He nodded and took a deep breath before continuing.

"This is what I remember.."

Vali's P.O.V
I watched as (y/n) left me there in the snow. It had been way to close a call. I felt bad for what I was about to do. Looking down at the strong Viking I knocked out, I lifted the shovel above my head and wait for a loud noise to cover up the louder one I was about to make. My chance came when the black Night Fury roared again and struggled against its chains. When he did, I thrust the shovel down as hard as I could on his head. It made a dong sound and I could feel the shovel's handle vibrate in my hand.

I hadn't even realized I shut my eyes until they opened to look down on the Viking. The side of his head was dented in, and a small pool of red snow circled his head. A horrible wheezing sound let him and his chest stopped rising and falling. Now to hide his body somewhere.

His name was Ian. Most called him Ian the Idiot. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, nor the shiniest either. His teeth were yellow from his poor hygiene and his hair was rather fuzzy and unwashed. Hopefully no one would realize his absence. Even if they did, they wouldn't care much. Some of them might even be glad to see him go.

As I dragged him through the the snow and deeper into the woods, I began to think about what I did. To most people, killing someone would make them feel horrible. Most would never be able to forgive themselves. But for some reason, I felt nothing. I had grown up around people killing people everyday and it didn't bother me a tiny bit that I took another man's life.

Pretty soon, I believed we were far enough away from the outcasts to burry the body. He didn't need a deep grave, just enough to cover him up. With this in mind, I began to dig into the froze earth. It was hard at first to break the surface. Many times I had to dig around a root or a rock. It was taking forever for the hole to be dug. Night was creeping in and the wind was starting to pick up. Snowflakes fell more rapidly which only meant one thing... Snowstorm. I had to finish quickly and get back before anyone notices.

I began to dig so fast my hands hurt and the calluses on my hands started to break open and bleed. Sweat ran down my face but froze from the freezing wind.

Finally the grave was dug, and I threw the shovel down and went to grab the body. The body couldn't fit laying straight. I had to bend his knees up slightly. It was a slight challenge due to the fact that his body was beginning to go stiff from being dead for a good hour or so. Once he was in the hole with no limbs sticking out, I began to cover the body with dirt. At first just using the shovel, but then I felt my arms giving out and started to push the dirt in the hole.

Finally, after a long time of digging, he was gone. Ian was gone forever in a grave. I rolled a rock at the head of the grave out of respect. Just because I was an outcast didn't mean I had no respect. The shovel I held in my hand was thrown out somewhere as to get rid of evidence. Snow would cover it and no one would question a shovel.

I began to make my way back to base camp. I was shivering from the freezing cold and began to think about excuses as to why I was gone. The light of camp was in the distance. The closer I got the more I could hear. Toothless had stopped and I assumed that simply meant they moved him down under the deck. Within minutes I neared the guards that stood shivering outside. They saw me and held out their spears.

"Halt!" I rolled my eyes and tried to stop my body from shivering. "Guys, it's me. Vali." They lowered their weapons slightly but kept their glares. "What were you doing outside for so long. Storms coming, idiot."

"Yeah, I can tell. Now let me though." I grabbed the end of their spears and pushed them aside. They put their arms out blocking the entrance. "Tell us where you were." I glared at them. When growing up being an outcast, you need to learn to keep your cool and think fast. I had been very good in learning about people quickly. After about only a week of close observation, I could easily predict their next move. "I was out, checking the area. I'm a patrol guard, aren't I?" I gave them a charming smile. "You should have come back about half an hour ago." I saw a black shadow cross over my gaze. Fighting every instinct to look, I kept my eyes on the two people in front of me. The shadow person did stop though.

"I got lost." They kept eye contact with me, trying to read me. "Ah, come along lads, let him though." I looked up and saw Drago. The guards turned and looked at him, slowly lowering their weapons. "Y-yes sir." He motioned me through. Something didn't feel right, he was never this nice. "Thanks... Drago." He smiled. "Come along now, I'd love to have a word with you."

We walked down the boat deck and into his main office area. "We feel as though you deserve... A raise, as one could put it." This confused me even more. "We? Who would that be?"

"Why, Alvin and I, boy! Don't you want it?" I almost couldn't believe it. Why would he be doing this? "Go on." I decided on. He smiled and patted my back with a large ruff hand. "We want you to guard the reptile tonight." He almost whispered it into my ear. I could feel his hot breath hit the side of my face. "Sir, that's a great honor. You trust me with that?" He grinned, "it's more like a... Test. We want to see how well you can handle guard duty. Can we trust you?" I nodded. If I could get him to trust me, getting Toothless would be easy. Of course he would probably watch the first night, or at least have it supervised, but after that I could easily get the dragon back to Hiccup and (y/n).

"Great!" He said hitting me on the back. "You'll start tonight. Now, I'm counting on you." I nodded reassuringly at him. "You can count on me." He laughed his deep guttural laugh. He even stopped and grabbed the wall he began laughing so hard. Once he stopped he looked directly at me making me feel uncomfortable. "And I would like to point out one thing, young Vali. You're not a patrol guard. And your shift ended about 2 hours ago. Where did you really go?" I felt my face heat up, but quickly cooled it down. "Just wanted to explore." I said coolly. "But you've been here before. If I remember correctly, you came here with Slothi and Cnut to learn about the Berkian people. Why need to explore?"

"Well... I heard a noise out on the woods line and decided to go and check it out. Thought it might be one of the village people." I was surprised with my answer. I thought for sure that would be the end of it for me. He was suspicious. "Did you see anything?" He asked getting closer once again. "No... Just a Terrible Terror. And then I got a little lost..." I pretended to be embarrassed about getting lost at an island I have visited before. He chuckled. "Stupid boy. You have much to learn."

With that he walked away. But something didn't feel right. It was like he knew the real reason why I wasn't back in time. He was the leader of us after all. Being that, he had to know what everyone was doing and when they were to be back as to not have any traders. I continued to stand, listening to his footsteps walk away from me. Right as I took a step to go to my room he stopped. "And Vali, don't be late for watching over that black dragon."

"Yes sir." He mumbled something then left. It was there I made the decision to be more careful about what I did.

*** an hour-ish later ***

For the past hour I sat in my room thinking about how I would get Toothless out. For the millionth time that night, I checked the clock. It would be time to go and watch over him anytime now. Usually, the Vikings on night watch would be sleeping now so that they could stay up the whole night. I had half an hour to go yet.

After a while, I decided to go early. Staying in that room was making me tired. I opened the door and stepped out. The halls were mostly empty. As I walked down them, I stopped when I heard voices coming from behind a closed door.

"When are we going to attack! It's been weeks!" Then came the sound of people shh-ing. "Keep your voice down, you want to wake up the village?" There was a little silence. "I'm just saying. What are we going to do?"

"Keep looking for the alpha. Find it. Get it. And kill Hiccup and (y/n). If not her, at least their child. If she gives birth of a male, they have an air to chieftain. He and possibly that child are all that village has left. We take them out, the village falls." There was a little bit of murmur, but it was hushed quickly. "Sir, please. We have lost the alpha. He's gone and we aren't going to get him back. Let's go back to outcast island and get the army ready then just attack. They are weak anyway it would be easy to-"

"Dragons! They have bloody dragons! Or have you forgot you imbecile!" It was Drago, and he was mad. "Then let's go back to outcast island and get our alpha back-"

Drago screamed. Then there was a weird noise, it sounded like a blade being drawn. It was later followed by a choking and gagging. He must have slit his throat, I thought continuing to listen. "Actually... That gives me an idea. We can go back to outcast island, get a tracker dragon, find the beast and regain control. Then attack Berk again." No one said anything. "But that's what he was going to say, I'm pretty sure."

I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of another outcast being killed. "Anyone else?" He asked dangerously. No one said anything. "Good." There was more silence as if everyone in that room was afraid for their lives. "Oh, one more thing. Someone watch Vali today. I'm beginning to think he switched sides. He is of no use to me anyway."

"You're not saying that you'll kill the boy?" It was Cnut. "What, Cnut? Are you attached to the boy? I'm sure you of all people would know of his fondness to Hiccup's girl. He won't let us lay a finger on her. I say kill him now." There was small talk among the Vikings. "Sir, he's my son. You can't-"

"I would watch yourself, Cnut. You know our ways, and our punishments." There was no more talk in the room. "If everyone is good, then meeting dismissed. We will leave for Outcast Island tomorrow." There was more talk and the sound of people getting to their feet. I scrambled to mine just as the door opened.

"Vali?" It was my father. He held a confused look. "Hey Cnut. I was just going to go and... Toothless. I have to watch him today-tonight." My speech was always calm but, for some reason, it was jumbled when I talked to my dad. "O-ok. Just go then." I looked at the group that was forming behind him. Drago stood in the back watching me. His gaze was questioning and evil looking. He didn't trust me, I had to leave or he was going to kill me. I nodded at my dad and took off rather quickly down the hallway.

It didn't take long to get to the Night Fury's holding cell. The guard saw me and smiled. "Hey Vali. Heard you were taking over for tonight. It's a really fun job. Have fun." He punched my shoulder with a small chuckled and walked off. Before he left he handled me a spear. I took it with me.

The dragon looked up at me, then the weapon in my hands. He had chains all over his body that kept him down and he looked drained. There was a basket of fish that sat teasingly in front of him. "Hey there. Look," I started getting his attention away from the spear. For extra measure I set it down beside me. "I know you don't trust me..." As if the dragon were agreeing, he growled at me. His black pupils went from wide to practically a line. "But I'm going to get you out of here. You want to see Hiccup again, right?" The dragon's ears stood up upon hearing his rider's name. "Here." I picked up a fish and held it out for him. He opened his mouth but stopped and sniffed it. After a minute, he ate it quickly.

"Ok, good. Here." I continued to feed him. It was easy to tell they weren't feeding him. Outcast usually forgot about that kind of thing. Well, they didn't forget; they didn't care. Once all the fish were gone, I took a look at his chains. The chains were attacked to the wall, and the cuffs needed a key to unlock them. "Damn! How am I suppose to know where the key is." I patted his neck gently. "I'm sorry." He crooned and nudged my back. The I looked back at the spear. "Wait a minute."

Quickly, I picked it up a ran over to Toothless with it. He glared at me. "I won't hurt you. I just need to pick the lock." The dragon continued to watch me with a slight glare. Taking the tip off the spear, I stuck it into the lock and moved it around. Suddenly, I heard a click sound and easily removed the lock. "Yes!" I said going for the next one. The chains loosened and fell off the dragon as I continued. "Almost done." I told him.

Within 10 minutes, all the chains were off. The dragon stretched and flapped its wings then turned to me with narrow eyes. Slowly he came toward me. "Woah. H-hey. What are you doing?" I asked as he came closer. He growled deeply and let out a loud roar. My ears rang from it and took me a moment to realize that he blasted the door down and ran outside.

My chest rose and fell quickly. Then the sound of voices snapped me out of my thoughts. "Oh gods." I mumbled. "Vali! What happened!" Drago's voice rang through the hall, and he was mad. I began to run. A red faced Drago followed me. Just as I was almost outside, I looked behind me to see how far he was and tripped. "H-he.. His chains... He got out." I couldn't think of anything. Drago's hand went into my hair. "You let him go!" I groaned in pain as he pulled me to my feet. "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you."

"No! I didn't let him go." He pulled out his knife. "Liar!" He slicked across my face leaving stinging marks everywhere. "Please stop!" He pushed me down.

"Stand up!" He yelled kicking me in the stomach. I did as he said, "You're pathetic. I know you've been helping those pieces of filth! And now, you're going to pay for everything you've done." I looked over and saw my dad watching from far away. "Dad?" He looked away. Drago laughed evilly. "No one here can help you now." He dug the knife into my side. Pain raced through my whole body, and I scream. Next thing I know I'm on the floor holding my burning side. This was the worst pain I've ever felt. He pushed me onto my back and dig the knife in again cutting at the flesh. "Stop! Just kill me!" This pain was unbearable. Suddenly he stopped. "That would be too easy." He replied grabbed at my hair again.

He was dragging me by my hair. Funny how I hardly felt any pain in my head, everything was in my side. Even breathing hurt. My eyes wanted to stay shut, but I forced them open occasionally to see where I was. He was taking me outside. Then it hit me what he was going to do. He was going to leave me to freeze or bleed to death outside.

The cold air hit me quickly. "I hope you'll have time to think about what you've done." Drago spat throwing me to the ground. The snow was cold against my bare skin. In a way though, it made my wound feel better. The numb feeling was really nice. This was it. And I was ready to meet death. Curling up in a ball, I closed my eyes and waited. Then, there was a roar in the distance, but I could care less. Whatever it was wasn't important. There was the sound of nearing footsteps, then the world went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.1K 1.4K 55
Modern Hiccstrid love story! Regular updates!!! Requests are welcome x Hope you enjoy :)
137K 2.4K 20
you lost everything. your mother and father left you as a child, you were shunned from the village, all you had left was your friend hiccup. he was l...
95.8K 1.5K 15
#1 hiccupxreader Warning: LEMON, also, following this story will put you in major FEELS! I didn't change Hiccup or Toothless's personally btw:) summ...
460K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...