The Longest Wait [Hiccup X Re...

By Emily7love

|Completed| A long time ago in Berk your parents sadly pass away. But leave it to one boy to try to make you... More

The Offer
Secrets Reviled
Flying High
What Just Happened
At Last
Stay Away
That Devilish Smile
What Could Go Wrong?
The Plan
Headaches
The Big News
Date Night
Telling the Gang
He's Coming for You
Slothi, Cnut, Vail
Confessions n Realizations
Touble in the Skies
I Don't Like You
Jealous?
Council Meeting
Snowstorm (pt.1)
Snowstorm (pt.2)
It's Not What It Looks Like
Stay
The Escape
Love on the Battlefield
I'm Here
What The?
The Dress
Surprise Visit
Happy Birthday
The Truth
Have Faith
Battle Field
Good Day for a Wedding
Taken
Seasick
Never Trust an Outcast
It's Time
My Sweet Child
The Longest Wait
Sweet Revenge
A New Beginning
Extra
Q & A

Home

3.6K 78 32
By Emily7love

A/N: sorry it took so long. This one isn't the best so sorry about that.
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
You sat on top of Makeshift flying through the cave. You couldn't help but laugh at the struggle the others were having with flying the babies.

"We can't fly these dragons! They don't listen!" You laughed as Tuffnut's dragon crashed into the side of the wall. "They're babies! They don't listen to anyone!" Hiccup yelled back having a much better time on his baby dragon compared to the others. You, on the other hand, were easily flying and enjoying the show.

Astrid pulled up beside him. "Hiccup, what is your plan exactly?"

"Well, we are going to go to Berk, then try to find Drago, Alvin and the others and kick there a..." You laughed as an ice block stopped Hiccup from saying the last part. "And if we don't find them?" You asked once Hiccup reappeared. "If not, then he'll get a dragon army, and we wouldn't be able to stand a chance against him." You frown. "That's a bit morbid." Hiccup gave you a shrug. "It's true though. We don't have an alpha anymore. If he can control all the dragons then we can't do anything."

"Well then, let's stick to the kicking Drago's as-" You laughed as an ice block separated you from the others concealing your words. "And Alvin's and Cnut's and Vali's." Hiccup added. You smiled and nodded at your soon to be husband. Then you remembered. When you got back you were going to have to start planning a wedding on top of hunting for Drago. Not to mention your birthday a little over a week away.  When Hiccup and you got back to Berk, there was going to be so much to talk and discuss. Just the thought itself was kinda stressful.

***

It had been about an hour now and you finally saw the village of Berk coming into view. You hadn't seen any of Drago or Alvin's ship. And now that you thought about it, they were heading in the opposite direction on Berk. They must be recovering from what happened at the other battle.

Once everyone had landed, the villagers of Berk had come running to Hiccup with a million questions. He was starting to look overwhelmed, and you couldn't blame him either.

"Where is Stoick!"

"Where were you!"

"Are the rumors true about Drago and the dragon army!"

"What's going to happened!"

"Everybody stop!" You yelled making Hiccup, along with everyone else, jump. You weren't usually this loud, but it has been a long day and all the noise was giving you a headache. Hiccup smiled great fully.

"Ok-" Hiccup began. "First off, yes, Drago is back, and he is trying to get a dragon army. He has teamed up with Alvin. And those spies from a couple months ago.. They are with them. Two, we went and found two people, who I'm sure you'll be glad to see." Hiccup motioned to his mother and Fern. "This is Valka- my mother. And this is Fern- (y/n)'s dad."

There was a little talk around the village and smiles as they looked at the long lost people. Hiccup waited for them to stop before continuing. You knew what was coming next. You grabbed his hand and gave him a reassuring look. He returned it with a smile and squeezed your hand. "Stoick, our chief. He-he... he didn't make it. D-Drago... He killed him." There was a gasp from the village. It broke your heart to see tears form again in Hiccup's eyes again. You wrapped in arm around his waist, pulling him close. He took a deep breath and brushed your cheek lightly. "Even though he is no longer with us, I know he would want us to fight for Berk. And so, that is what we shall do. We will find Drago and Alvin and show them what happens when you mess with our village."

The village cheered and threw their fists into the air. Hiccup looked confident, but his eyes showed just how scared he actually was.

***

The crowd had started to die off, and after talking with a few people of the village, you when in search of Hiccup. "Valka, have you seen Hiccup?" She shook her head. "No dear, I haven't. He wondered off. Look, Gobber, Fern and I are going to go and talk about what this whole situation we are in. If you find him, tell him where we are." You nodded and went in search of the missing boy.

After checking the stalls, the forge, The Great Hall, and other places, you sighed and guess he didn't want to be found. You then found yourself walking back to the Haddock home. The place where you, Hiccup, and Stoick had been living. Now it would only be the two of you. Well, that is if Valka and Fern moved in, and you were guessing she would.

Entering through the doors, you looked at the empty place. Everything seemed so empty. You made your way to Hiccup's room and opened the door. There you found where he wondered off too. He was laying in his bed with the covers pulled up over his head. He didn't seem to hear you come in, and you could heard tiny sobs being made.

Quietly you made your way over to his bed and thought back to when you were in his position. He sobbed again, and you pulled back the covers that hid his face. His eyes widened, and he sat up quickly wiping his eyes. "(Y/n)? W-what are you doing here?" His eyes were so puffy, and his cheeks were red from his tears. "I was looking for you.." You sat next to him and cupped his cheek in your hand. "Do you want to talk about what happened?" You bit your lip as he sighed. "I just can't believe he isn't here."

"He will always be here. Even if you can't see him, Hiccup. He will be here." You placed the hand cupping his cheek over his heart. He smiled slightly. You watched as his forest green eyes glazed over again. He looked away and blinked several times.   His breathing became uneven as he tried to holdback again. "Just let it out. It's ok to cry." You said holding back your own tears. It made you feel like a hypocrite, holding back your own, but he needed to. "I can't... I-I ha-ve to stay str-ong." You turned his face, so his eyes met yours. "Crying isn't a weakness, it's a sign that you've tried to be strong for too long."

You sat like this for a minute as Hiccup let some tears roll out. "You'll feel better, trust me." He nodded and laid his head down in your lap. You held one of his hands, and the other was in his hair offering comfort. (Picture) He cried out and completely broke down. "I-I miss hi-m so-so much!" He said through cries. "I know you do.. We all do."

"W-why doe-sn't it st-stop? The p-pain?" You fought the tears in your eyes and swallowed the lump in your throat. "Sometimes, your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows." He cried some more as you continued to comfort him. "I'll always be here for you, Hiccup. You can cry in front of me, and I wouldn't love you any less." He nodded against your lap. "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too."

Soon his crying became faint, and it seemed like he was beginning to calm down. "Feel better?" You asked soothingly still rubbing his head. He weakly nodded and stayed where he was. You smiled knowing he was feeling better. Within minutes, you heard his breathing even out and his body become heavier.

Trying your best not to wake him, you move him over in the bed and slowly remove his armor, so he could be comfortable. Once he was fully stripped, except for his shirt and pants, you pulled the covers over him. Before leaving, you kissed his cheek and brushed his hair away. You could have sworn you saw him smile. With that done, you left him to his sleep and went to make something for the two of you to eat.

You started to cook up some fish stew. You weren't the best cook around, but you wanted to make Hiccup's favorite. Grabbing Hiccup's recipe, you tried to follow it best you could.

"Then cut off head and pull out the bones?" The book showed a picture of where to cut and what to pull out. After all that, you needed to descale them and cut them into cubes. Why did his recipes have to be so difficult? After about an hour, your feet and back were aching, but you finally had all the bones out of two fish. You picked up the knife and cut it into smaller bites, then put it in the bowl with the other fish. The whole recipe called for six fish, and it took you an hour to do two of them.

Someone knocking on the door brought your nose out of the fish you had just started. Walking over to it, you open the door to see Valka and Fern. "Oh hello Valka, dad." They gave you a smile and walked over. "Did you ever find Hiccup?" Valka asked shutting the door behind her. You nodded. "He's upstairs taking a nap." She nodded and looked down at what you were making.

"Fish stew?" You nodded. "It's one of Hiccup's favorites."

"Would you like some help?" Your dad offers standing next to you. You sigh and nodded. "Yes please, it's taking me forever." He laughed and picked up a fish. Fern seemed to be a natural at it. Within half an hour you had one done and your dad had the other two done. "Thank you." You said as you started to look for the different spices for the fish. He smiled. "You're welcome my rose."

You turned to the cupboard to start setting the table to realize it was set. Valka smiled at you. "Thank you." You said again turning back to the stew.

Right as you threw the fish into the pot, Hiccup came down the stairs. His hair was messier than usually and his eyes looked like they hurt. "Hey." He said with a smile fixing his hair. You mirrored his expression and continued to stir the pot. "Hi mom, Fern." He said. "Hello, how are you feeling?" Valka asked walking over to her son. Hiccup sigh and snuggled into her arms. "Good." There was a moment of silence. "So-" Hiccup started walking over to you. "What are you making?"

"Guess." You said as he looked over your shoulder. "Fish stew?" You nodded and looked back at the recipe. He laughed and dragged his fingers up your arms, then back down. His touch caused your arms to collect goosebumps. Then his fingers left you and he walked over to his mom. "You can stay in dads room, mom. If you wanted to. And Fern you can take the spare bedroom."

"Spare bedroom?" You asked turning to him. His eyes widened and he laughed nervously. "Uh, yeah. There's uh, a spare... Bedroom." You laughed and shook your head. "I could have been staying there this whole time?"

"Meh, I liked having you next to me." He whispered it so only you could hear. Valka laughed sweetly but shook her head. "You and (y/n) are going to need a house of your own soon. I can have one made for me."

"Same goes for me, Hiccup." Your dad said. Hiccup nodded. "You want to stay here till that happens?" They laughed kindly and nodded. "Shall we eat?" You said setting the pot off the fire. Hiccup nodded and grabbed the pot from you, carrying it to the table.

You all sat down at the table. It was rather small, giving it was meant to be for Hiccup and his dad, but you all managed to sit there.

"So I was thinking-" Hiccup started looking at everyone. "Drago is out there, and I don't have Toothless. The first thing we need to do is get him back." You nodded, interested on where this was going. "(Y/n), if it's ok with you, I want to go get Toothless using Makeshift. After we get him, we can try to destroy their ships and end this."

"You're talking about war, Hiccup." Fern started looking into his eyes. "How much time are you asking to get everyone to prepare?" Hiccup looked a bit uneasy. Usually it was his father who did everything war related. "A-about a week? Maybe?" Both Fern and Valka both stared in disbelief. "You want to go to war in a week?" Hiccup rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "...And a half? Look dad always took care of this! I don't know what to do.." You placed your hand on his as he let out a sigh.

"Hiccup, Gobber, Fern, and I have talked about it, and it would be best if we give it time and prepare for them to come to us. They could be here tomorrow for all we know." Hiccup sighed and looked down at his food. Everyone else was halfway done and he had only taken a couple bites. "But I have to get Toothless." He said frowning. "We will get him, I promise." You said earning a small smile from him.

After dinner, you picked up the dishes. Hiccup excused himself and went back to his room. You put what he didn't eat in the fridge and started to clean up. "(Y/n), it's ok. Valka and I can handle this, go to Hiccup." You were about to protest but didn't knowing he was right. Before leaving you gave your father a hug.

Once upstairs, you push open his door and look around. He was at his desk with his head down. Upon hearing the door open, he looked over at you. "Oh hey." You walked over and kissed his head. He sighed and rested his head onto your stomach. "Do you think he was proud of me?"

"Of course he was. You couldn't have made him more proud." He let out a content sigh then stood up. "I'm going to bed early tonight." You gave him a confused look. "But didn't you already-" Hiccup put his finger to your lips, silencing you. "Yes. But I just- it's been a long day." You nodded and let him walk over to his bed and snuggled under the covers again.

You got changed quickly and checked on the dragons then climbed in behind him. He turned to you and pulled you close to him, like he always does, and sighed into your hair. "Goodnight." You smiled and pecked his lips. "Goodnight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488K 9.5K 112
Little one shots of the reader and Hiccup that I wrote. Requests aren't welcome. "Hiccup," you said, softly, after a few minutes of silence. Hiccup...
11.7K 237 13
Astrid Hofferson a new girl at school has experience the so-called 'love at first sight with this boy named Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third. Alth...
30.6K 609 27
Hiccup and Astrid have an amazing life living as Chief and Chieftess of Berk with their beautiful daughter Zephyr. It has been a few years with only...
195K 4.4K 41
What if things went differently when Toothless came to save Hiccup during his final exam. What if Hiccup ran away with Toothless that day. Hiccup Ho...