The Longest Wait [Hiccup X Re...

By Emily7love

|Completed| A long time ago in Berk your parents sadly pass away. But leave it to one boy to try to make you... More

The Offer
Secrets Reviled
Flying High
What Just Happened
At Last
Stay Away
That Devilish Smile
What Could Go Wrong?
The Plan
Headaches
The Big News
Date Night
Telling the Gang
He's Coming for You
Slothi, Cnut, Vail
Confessions n Realizations
Touble in the Skies
I Don't Like You
Jealous?
Council Meeting
Snowstorm (pt.1)
Snowstorm (pt.2)
It's Not What It Looks Like
Stay
The Escape
Love on the Battlefield
Home
What The?
The Dress
Surprise Visit
Happy Birthday
The Truth
Have Faith
Battle Field
Good Day for a Wedding
Taken
Seasick
Never Trust an Outcast
It's Time
My Sweet Child
The Longest Wait
Sweet Revenge
A New Beginning
Extra
Q & A

I'm Here

3.9K 85 79
By Emily7love

A/N: Sorry about not updating for a while. I've been busy but I finally got this one done. Please enjoy, comment, like, follow. Also, feel free to make a request on my one shots book! :)
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
You froze as your eyes connected with Cnut's cold ones. "(Y/n), get out of here now." Hiccup said as his eyes continued to stay on Cnut's. "Hiccu-"

"Now!" You jumped slightly, but crawled off Toothless and walked toward Makeshift who eyed Cnut carefully. Once on top of Makeshift, the man took a step forward. "Go!" Hiccup yelled pulling out his blade. You hated to do as he said, but you did anyway and flew off. You stopped once you were slightly farther away then remembered something. Your arrows. Quickly you pulled one out and shot it toward Cnut.

It came close to hitting him but missed once he moved closer to Hiccup lunging at him. "Hiccup!" You cried as he was knocked off Toothless. His dragon responded by grabbing him and pulling him off. Hiccup made a move to quickly stand to better defend himself against Cnut. Before he could though, you had fired another arrow. This time it hit him. You noticed it go through his shoulder armor and to the ice wall behind him, keeping him there.

Hiccup wasted no in climbing onto his dragon and taking off. Cnut yelled in anger watching him fly off and ripped the arrow out, doing more harm than good. Hiccup found you quickly. "Thanks for saving me back there. Your arrow skills have really improved since when we were younger." You smiled at the comment then watched as his face fell. You shook your head at him.

"No, stay away from Drago." You begged as he flew closer. He smiled and sighed. "I love you."

With those words he flew off. "Your daddy's going to get himself killed." You whispered to the baby who kicked. A small laugh escaped your lips, and you flew to Valka. If you weren't going to leave like Hiccup asked, you were at least going to keep yourself safe.

When you found her, she had a tired looked but brightened when she saw you. "(Y/n)! It's good to see you. Where's Hiccup?" You rolled your eyes and slid off Makeshift. "Being Hiccup." You replied. "Oh please don't tell me-" you nodded slightly as she let out a sigh. "I need to get him. He has no idea what he is getting himself into." You watched as she climbed onto her dragon, which you learned that it's name was Cloudjumper.

When you went to get on Makeshift, she shook her head. "No. This is going to be dangerous, and you need to keep you and your baby safe." You sighed, but nodded and relaxed on Makeshift. Valka left you sitting there as you watched the battle continue.

There seemed to be two alphas. They were in a fierce battle. The tusks would clash causing a loud noise to boom through the place. "Please be ok." You whispered. 

Hiccup's P.O.V
I watched from above for a minute, watching the two alphas fight. This had to stop before one of them got hurt. It took a while of flying around and dodging other dragons, but I finally was able to find the man I was looking for.

I landed a little ways away with Toothless and told him to stay put. I couldn't risk them getting hold of him. After a while he finally agreed with me and stayed as I approached the man. When I got there, I saw Vali was next to him.

"Drago! Vali!" They both turned and looked at me. "You again?" Drago said. I couldn't help but smirk. "It's kinda hard to get rid of me." He huffed and rolled his eyes. "I can see that. Alvin was right about you. You are annoying. But that's not why I'm after you." I stared, giving away my curiosity. He laughed. "Oh my dear boy, you know nothing. This is a revenge story." I gasped when he removed his arm, showing it was a fake. "Dragons hurt people. You can't tame them. They are wild and horrible creatures."

I was actually starting to feel back for this guy. (Y/n)'s kindness had started to rub off on me just like my sarcasm was rubbing off on her. "I-I'm uh, sorry about your arm. But things can change! Dragons can be your best friend and-"

"Enough! You can't control all dragons. But if you control the alpha, you control them all."  He made a gesture toward the two fighting alphas. Vali had gave me a look before turning and watching the alphas fight. As if he could see the future, our alpha suddenly got knocked to the side. Then with a huge opening the other alpha dug his tusks into the other. A loud scream was heard leaving its mouth as it slowly fell to the ground.

"No!" I reached out, but knew I could do nothing. The laughter from Drago pulled me away from the dying dragon. "How could you?"

"This world isn't for the weak. If you want something you have to fight for it. I want control. With the dragons on my side, I can do anything." I stood there for a minute as we watched each other. I broke my gaze with him when the alpha appeared behind him. The tusks of the great dragon were stained red from the other dragon it had just killed.

"I feel like you're just going to be annoying from now on. I have no need for you." With that, the dragon started to look off at one. When I turned I saw Toothless stumble out from the rock shaking his head.

"Toothless?" I looked at him as his eyes became slits. He looked at him blankly. "Bud? Hey w-what's wrong?" Drago laughed and started to walk away. "Finish him. Vali make sure the job gets gone." He mumbled. Toothless continued to walk over to me. "Hey, T-Toothless! Stop bud! It's me!" Right now I wasn't at all concerned about Vali staying and watching this. I was more worried about Toothless. He didn't seem to be listening and continued to walk. "S-stop!" A fire ball started to form along with a high pitched sound. "Toothless don't!"

"Hiccup!" I turned and saw (y/n), my mom, and my dad running toward me. "Hiccup!" He yelled again. (Y/n) stopped as she took in the scene. Her hands covered her mouth as my dad dove to block me from Toothless. "Dad! No don't!"

I squeezed my eyes shut as Toothless fired.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V
You tired your best to keep your eyes on the black dragon. When he landed, you found it harder to keep your eyes on his rider. But it didn't take you too long to see he was talking to Drago, and Vali. It was then that you saw the alpha get stabbed by the tusks of the other.

Hiccup reached out and you were pretty sure he screamed. But based on the other loud noises, you weren't really sure. This couldn't be good. Without second thought, you flew to get Stoick for help.

After flying around for a bit, you see him and dive down to him. "Stoick!" He turned and looked up at you. "(Y/n)? What's wrong, is everything ok?" You shook your head. "Hiccup is with Drago and Vali. And we just lost the alpha." He looked off to where our alpha use to be then looked back at you. "Where is he?" You pointed off into the distance then followed him as he ran after his son.

As you ran you saw Valka. "Where's Cloudjumper?" You asked seeing she was limping toward Hiccup. "We got shot down." She replied as she continued to walk to Hiccup. "Stoick, go get our son." He nodded and starting running to Hiccup. You ran after him and Valka walked behind you, trying her best to get there as fast as she could.

"Toothless! Stop!" You heard him yelling. Then Stoick called after him. You stopped and took in the scene. Hiccup made eye contact with you, then back at his dad who called him again. Toothless was trying to attack Hiccup. He was getting a fireball ready to shoot at the Viking. Before you knew it, Stoick had jumped in front of Hiccup right as Toothless let loose with the fireball.

Time seemed to stop. The snow that had been brought into the air was making it hard to see anything. You heard a grunt from someone and footsteps running off. When the snow had cleared a little, you saw Stoick on top of Hiccup. Hiccup groaned as you stood there shocked. He seemed to have blood trickling down from the side of his neck. "Is he?" You whispered.

"Dad?" Hiccup pushed an ice block off him and looked down at him. "Dad!" He began to shake him harder as the realization set in. Tears were forming in his eyes. You rushed over and gently touched his arm. "D-dad..."

With that, the future chief sobbed slightly, holding back. You wrapped your arms around him, feeling tears come to your eyes. People were starting to gather around. Valka pushed through everyone and did her best to run to help comfort Hiccup. "...dad... Wake up?" He asked shaking him again. He put his head to his chest, listening for a heartbeat. You figured that there was nothing when he began to cry harder.

The sudden nudge of your arm got your attention. You looked up and saw Toothless confused as to why Hiccup was crying and why Stoick was laying down. You put a hand on his snout seeing that he was no longer in the trance he was in. "No! Get away from him! Get out of here!" Hiccup yelled pulling your hand away and pushing his head away. "You heard me! Go!"

"Hiccup.. He didn't mean it." Valka tired. This only caused Hiccup to break down even more. He buried his face into the chest of his dead father and sobbed. You bit your lip and placed a hand on his back rubbing it soothingly.

His hand reached for yours as his face was still buried. You gave him your hand letting him weakly squeeze it. He let go and put it back to where it was. "Hiccup.. I'm sorry.." You whispered it to him and laid your head on his shoulder. He turned his head to you, allowing you to see his watery eyes. Tears slid down his face, leaving wet trails on his cheeks.

Without warning, he buried his face into the crook of your neck. His arms wrapped around you. You copied his movement and pulling him tightly against you. He sobbed into your shoulder leaving it wet and rather snotty, but you didn't mind.

"He's gone (y/n). I can't get him back." You continued to rub his back. "I know. It's going to be ok though." He sighed, his breath was slightly uneven as he began to stop crying. "How d-did you get th-though i-it?" He took in a shaky breath and pulled away to look into your eyes. You tried your best to smile for him. "I had you." He smiled slightly, but you could tell it was fake.

He stood up when he heard a roar in the distance. "Where are they all going?" You heard a voice say. You looked up to the sky to see the dragons flying away.

"Toothless?" Hiccup started to run toward the black dragon. "Hiccup wait!" He didn't listen as he kept running to his dragon that was trying to take off with the rest of them. Drago was pulling him in with Alvin and Cnut. You got to your feet and ran after him.

"Let him go!" He stopped and yelled at the two men. They laughed at him, causing him to slouch slightly. "Or what? What are you going to do?"

"I-I-I'll." The men burst out laughing again. Your eyes widened as you saw Alvin pull out his knife. "I'll just finish you off now." He took a step back toward you. This made the men's eyes go to you. "Ah, (y/n). Nice of you to join us." Cnut smiled at you. You gripped your bow that was slung around your body and pulled it free. Picking up an arrow you aimed it at Alvin who dared to take a step toward Hiccup. "Like you would hit me." He scoffed. You looked at Cnut and smiled. His arm was bandaged from the shot you fired earlier.

"Just ask Cnut. And note that I can hit my targets better at a closer range." He looked at Cnut then back at Hiccup. "You're pathetic, having your pregnant girlfriend stand up you and doing nothing. You're weak." You looked at Hiccup, who looked defeated. He had been through to much today and that last comment made you angry.

You released the arrow right at Alvin. Not enough to kill him, but enough to cause him pain. It struck in his stomach by his hip, away from any organs. He grunted and held back any sigh of pain. "Hey, we came and got what we wanted, let's just go." You turned your head to the nearby boat and saw Vali stepping off it. The men watched him for a minute then Alvin turned back to you. "You're going to regret that!"  You drew another arrow and pointed it at him causing him to retreat back to the boats, taking Toothless with them.

"Hey give me back my dragon!" Hiccup said running toward them. Cnut smirked and threw something to the ground. Smoke was released causing you and Hiccup to stop and cough. You grabbed his arm to keep him back, knowing you couldn't get him now. "Hiccup, we will get him later. I promise." He sighed but didn't fight you.

Once the smoke cleared, the boat was gone. He turned around, showing his slightly red eyes and the drained look his features showed. "This is all my fault." He slowly dropped to his knees. "No, it's not your fault. Don't ever think that." You dropped to your knees too, shaking your head. "But... it's true. If I had just listened then everything would be ok now. I've let everybody down." You shook your head and pulled him into you. "No, it's not. If it was meant to happen then nothing could stop it." He sighed and started to tremble.

Then the baby kicked and you got an idea. You lead his hand to where the soft kick was coming from. At first he did nothing, but then he smiled slightly. "The baby is ok?" He asked looking into your eyes. You smiled and nodded. He let out air and kissed the spot.

Valka and the others caught up and tried to comfort Hiccup. Gobber and Fern were beginning to prepare a funeral for him. After a while you helped him walk back over to the boat before they sent it off.

"Are you sure, Hiccup?" You rested a hand on his shoulder. He nodded and looked down at the cloth covering the body of his dead father. Gobber then pulled it back slightly showing him. Hiccup's eyes teared up, but he wiped them away and looked at his father one last time.

He pulled the sheet back up and gave Gobber the word to send him out. You watched as the boat drifted and went to grab your bow. Astrid was grabbing hers and looked into your eyes. "I'm sorry." She said wrapping her arms around you. You wrapped your arms around her, holding her close, theb pulled away. "Thank you." She smiled the best smile she could in a situation like this and left to go to the funeral.

You were about to leave when you felt a hand on your shoulder. "Hey dad." He smiled. "Hey my rose. Are you ready?" You shrugged. "I guess."

"You love Hiccup. Right?" You looked into his eyes and nodded. "I do love him."

"Then be there for him. Stand next to him and support him."

"But his mother should really be there to help him."

"No, he needs you right now." You turned and saw Valka approaching you. "Everything is going to change for him. His whole reality is being flipped, and he needs something familiar to him to be by his side." You tried to smile and nodded. "Now go to him." She said looking at Hiccup.

He stood with his head down. Your feet crunching in the snow brought his eyes to yours. He sighed and pulled you to him. "This is really happening." He said burring his head into the crook of your neck.

"I'll always be here for you." He nodded and looked into your eyes. "Thank you."

With that, the ceremony started. You bowed your head in respect as Gobber spoke.

"... For a great man has fallen. A chief... A father... A friend." Hiccup lit the tip of his arrow and aimed into the sky. He shot it off and watched as it landed on the boat. You and everyone else present lit yours and fired them after his.

"I'm... Sorry dad." Hiccup spoke. His voice trying hard not to crack. "I'm-I'm not the chief you want me to be... And I'm not the peacekeeper I thought I was... I... Don't know." You placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked at you and sighed. "I don't know who I am." A tear slid down his cheek.

Right as you were about to wipe it you saw Valka reaching out for him. Her hand rested him his shoulder then on his cheek. 

"You came into this world early, you were such a wee thing, oh so fragile." She took a breath and smiled. "I feared you wouldn't make it, but your father never doubted. He always said you would be the strongest of them all, and he was right." Her hand brushed his bouncy hair back. "You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon, only you can bring our worlds together. That is who you are, son." She smiled at him. Hiccup smiled back and took hold of her hand then hugged her. "Thank you." She looked surprised but hugged back.

When he pulled away he held confidence, and looked stronger. "I, uh... I was afraid of becoming my dad... Mostly because I never thought I could. H-how can you become someone that great? That brave? That selfless? I guess you can only try..." You wanted so badly to say he was all those things. He was like his dad, whether he saw it or not.

He turned and looked into the eyes of the people gathered. "A chief protects his own! We're going back to Berk. And we will find Drago and stop him."

"How.. He took out dragons remember?" Tuffnut said. Suddenly, Makeshift bounded out of the crowd. "Makeshift!" You ran to her. You thought she left with all the other dragons. "Oh, I so happy to see you!" You felt Hiccup's hand on your shoulder. "How did she-" you shook your head. "I don't know."

"Well, there's one dragon." Hiccup mumbled. "She can't make all those trips." Valka said. "What about the baby dragons? They don't listen to anyone, so they would listen to the alpha, right?" Valka thought for a minute them smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.4K 20
you lost everything. your mother and father left you as a child, you were shunned from the village, all you had left was your friend hiccup. he was l...
489K 9.5K 112
Little one shots of the reader and Hiccup that I wrote. Requests aren't welcome. "Hiccup," you said, softly, after a few minutes of silence. Hiccup...
460K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...
44.5K 877 44
- in which hiccup & astrid are a couple & go through crazy adventures - *completed: april 21,2017