The Longest Wait [Hiccup X Re...

By Emily7love

|Completed| A long time ago in Berk your parents sadly pass away. But leave it to one boy to try to make you... More

The Offer
Secrets Reviled
Flying High
What Just Happened
At Last
Stay Away
That Devilish Smile
What Could Go Wrong?
The Plan
Headaches
The Big News
Date Night
Telling the Gang
Slothi, Cnut, Vail
Confessions n Realizations
Touble in the Skies
I Don't Like You
Jealous?
Council Meeting
Snowstorm (pt.1)
Snowstorm (pt.2)
It's Not What It Looks Like
Stay
The Escape
Love on the Battlefield
I'm Here
Home
What The?
The Dress
Surprise Visit
Happy Birthday
The Truth
Have Faith
Battle Field
Good Day for a Wedding
Taken
Seasick
Never Trust an Outcast
It's Time
My Sweet Child
The Longest Wait
Sweet Revenge
A New Beginning
Extra
Q & A

He's Coming for You

8K 169 110
By Emily7love

"A little to the left!" You called watching as Hiccup moved the sign over to the left. "That's good!" You called up at him as Gobber put nails into the wood, holding it in place. Thanks to the twins and their shenanigans they had knocked down Gobber's dentistry for dragons sign. Hiccup helped once his dad "convinced" him to. Toothless flew down as Hiccup hopped off heading to you.

"Does it look good?" You asked looking up at the sign, examining it. He laugh and shook his head yes. "Nice and level." He kisses your cheek gently then looked down at your lump. It was more noticeable now. But you could still hide it with a larger shirt. It had been two weeks since telling everyone and they seemed to be making peace with it. Only a few adult villagers had heard. Those who had were excited more than bothered, but a few did seem to be bothered it. Mostly Mildew.

"And how are you doing." He said looking you up and down. "I'm good. Besides a little bit of morning sickness and I'm a little tired right now but yeah.. We're good." He smiled and looked back down. You admired his fascination about the pregnancy. "Good, that's great."

You watched Toothless come over to you nuzzling the small lump. You scratched under his chin as he purred. Letting out a sigh you turn to Hiccup and smile. "I think I'm going to go home. I'm really tired." A disappointed look came across his face. You bit your lip. "I'm sorry Hiccup. I'm just really tired. I promise, we'll do something soon." It had been two weeks since you did anything. You haven't been feeling your best. At first Hiccup would come over and take care of you, but you started to feel bad for getting mad at him for no reason and told him not to come anymore.

"No, it's ok. I get it, you're tired. Go catch up on sleep. Maybe we can do something after." You smiled a little and nodded grabbing his hand. "Thanks, I love you." He sighed but smiled back. "I love you too." He pulled you close and kissed you quickly. "You want a ride back?" You shake your head. "I thought the exercise would be good. Want to walk me back?" He smiled and nodded.

You begin on your way back when someone stops you. "Hiccup? Where are you going?" Gobber asks. He frowned at you before turning around. "Just walking (y/n) home. She's tired."

"Oh no you don't. We need you here. Besides, (y/n) is a strong woman. She can make it." You smile at his compliment while Hiccup protested.

"It's just to her house. You can hold off till then."

"Don't you worry. You two can spend time later." He grinned and winked.

Hiccup groaned and rubbed his face. You laughed at him taking his hands away from his face, holding them in yours. "Gobber's right, they need you here. We will hangout later." He was still frowning with an annoyed look on his face. You laughed and kissed his nose, standing on your tiptoes to do so. You earned a smile from the boy, feeling his arms wrap around you. "You have to promise me we'll get to spend some quality time together." You sigh and nod. "I promise." With a satisfied smile you put your lips together. You noted that his hand ventured a little low for your comfort.

"Hiccup!" He pulls back sighs quietly. "Coming! See you later." His fingers brush against your cheek making blush crosses your face once again. He walks off as you turn to go home. 

As you walk you let a yawn escape your lips. You stretched a little but stopped when you started to feel sick. Can't wait till the morning sickness goes away. You think to yourself stopping for a second to breathe. You were almost home, so you pushed the feeling down and continued to walk.

Once you walk through the house you are greeted by Makeshift. You laugh as she gently licks your face. "Uh, gross!" You wipe the slime off and flick it at her. She warbles at you. "At least yours washes out. Unlike Toothless." You laugh thinking back to all the times Hiccup had said, "you know that doesn't wash out." You chuckled. "Ok I'm going to bed. I'm sleepy." She gives you what looks like a nod as you head up to your bed.

The covers felt amazing as you slid into them, laying on your left side. Soon you felt yourself drifting off into sleep.

The dream..
"You sure are pretty." You looked around a dark cell.
"Who said that?" Silence.
"Hello?"
A figure stepped out as bars were suddenly in front of you.
"Who are you? Where are I?"
"You need not know who I am. I have taken you. You are mine."
"Please, where am I?"
"Shut up! Or I will make you."
You felt cold as you trembled from fear. Suddenly the cage opened and someone was thrown in. "Hiccup?" It was the shape of the boy that gave him away. You went to run to him, desperately wanting to hold him. Chains appeared that weren't there before.
"Hiccup!"
"The baby!" He cried as he lay in the floor.
"Hiccup she's fine."
The boy sat up as light shown on his face.
"Don't hurt her please!"
He was looking at something behind you. When you turned you say the dark man from earlier. A sword in his hand.
"No!" Hiccup's screams rang though your head as he lunged cutting open your stomach. You felt the pain as the blade cut you.
Who was this man?

You awoke to a crash downstairs. Sweat ran down your face as you woke up from your dream. For a moment, you thought that maybe Makeshift had knocked something over, but then you hear voices. You jump up and run to the stairs trying your best to be as quiet as possible.

You couldn't contain the gasp when you see someone with a black mask pulled over their face. Makeshift was struggling to hold him down as two other men fought to tie her up. They turned to see you and one started to run up the stairs. You legs ran into your bedroom and as you entered your room, you tried to shut the door. The man pushed against it making it difficult to close it. Finally the door shut allowing you to lock it. He pounded on his door trying to know it down. Tears came to your eyes as you hide in a corner. Then you get an idea.

The window.

You ran over and quickly opened it and climbed out. With your bedroom being upstairs the jump would be a rather large one. You bit your lip as your hand rests on the growing baby inside you. I can't land on the baby, was your only thought. Slowly, you make your way to the edge of the roof and hang from it. You let go and fell landing on your feet, ignoring the sharp pain in your feet and shins from landing. You lost balance and fell onto your butt.

Without thinking you ran as fast as you could to find Hiccup, crying as you ran. Luckily he was close by as you spotted him within seconds. "Hiccup!" He turned to your voice, his eyes widened. You ran to him as he ran to you. "What?! What is it?!" He said once you were in his arms, a worried look on his face. "My house, t-there are people in m-my house. They tried to take me. I-I think they have Makeshift!" His brows furrow as other villagers started to gather around due to the commotion. "Dad!" He called out. The Chief stepped through the crowd. "What? What is it?"

"Someone broke into (y/n)'s house. They tried to take her and they might have Makeshift." You watched as the chief made his way to your house, along with a few others trailing behind him. You continued to sob in Hiccup's arms.

"Hey hey, shhh. Calm down, it's ok." He rocked you kind of like a baby. "What happened?" He said his voice low and soothing. "I-I went home t-to sleep. And I woke up to a n-noise downstairs. I-I thought it was Makeshift, but when I went to check, there were three men wearing black masks. T-they were holding Makeshift down! I-I couldn't save her!" He held you close as you cried a little more. "Shh, calm down. You don't want to freak the baby out." He gently placed a hand on your stomach. This was the first time he had touched your stomach. You felt yourself calming down and nodding, knowing he was right.

"Come on, let's go." He said guiding you to the house. You follow him closely. Once reaching the building you step inside and look around. The place was a mess. Some books were torn, glass was broken, all the chairs where flipped over. You gasp at the sight feeling Hiccup's arms around you. A couple other villagers were in the house. "Don't let him escape." Stoick's voice boomed as he neared you. "Check everywhere! If they leave by boat stop them! (Y/n), I'm so sorry this happened." He said giving you a sympathetic look before he spoke to someone outside. "Don't let anybody else in." He closed the door.

"Is Makeshift here?" You asked the old chief. He looked worried. "Yes but, I don't think-"

"Let me see her. Where is she?"

"I don't want to put stress on you or-"

Just then, you hear her faint cry. "Makeshift!" You run to where the noise came from. It was in the back of the house.

"Stop her!" The chief said as you ran. Someone's hands reached out and grabbed you. It was one of the villagers. Makeshift cried again. "Makeshift!" You struggled against the man before hitting him in the neck with you elbow. He choked and let go as you continued to run. Sorry, you thought. When you turned the corner that separated you from Makeshift a scream left your lips, and you fell to your knees. Hiccup was right behind you, then in front of you to block the view. When he saw her, he began to drag you away as you pleaded with him. Once she was out of sight he pulled you close to him to keep you from running back in.

"Shhh, remember what we said about the baby." He sat you in his lap pulling your head into his chest. "It's ok, Makeshift's going to be ok. She just looks bad right now." You continue to sob despite his comforting.

After a couple minutes you start to calm down for the baby's sake. "How did you get out?" Hiccup asked rubbing your arm gently. "The window upstairs."

"You jumped?"

"I had to. I was upstairs when I saw them. I screamed and one of them came after me. They were going to break down my door, so I jumped." He sighed, and his hand went back to your stomach. "Our little one has been through quite a bit today." You couldn't help but laugh as his thumb rubbed against you, tickling slightly.

Stoick made his way over to you. "(Y/n), how many men were there?"

"Three." You say weakly. "We've caught one of them." You look up at him. "Where is he?"

"Follow me." You get up carefully. Your body was sore for some reason, must have been the fall. Stoick leads you into the guest bedroom where you see one of the men. He had blond hair, with strange bright blue eyes. His skin was pale, and he was short for a man. He looked about around the age of 28.

You approached the guy slowly. Before you can stop yourself, you punch the guy in the face as hard as you could. "How dare you hurt my dragon!" You yelled as he fell back. Hiccup held you back when you went in for another attack. The man glared at you as his noise bled.

"You'll regret that." He said slowly, forcing chills to run up and down your spin.

"Where are the others?" Stoick questioned stepping in. "Like I'll talk to you." He spat at the chief's shoes. You could see the anger slowly take over the man's eyes. "Take him to the jail. Do not take your eyes off him. We'll question him later."

The nearby villagers picked him off the floor and escorted him to the jailhouse. His maniac laugh could be heard as he left, "you'll regret that!" He chanted as he laughed. Hiccup slowly let go of you the farther he got. You trembled slightly, hearing his voice ring through your head.

"Wait. Did they take-" Without thinking, you head toward the stairs climbing them to your room. You entered your room and look around. Quickly you looked for the thing you wanted, a book holding your family memories.

"What are you looking for?" Hiccup asked watching you. When you came across the book you held it to you and breathed out. "This." You held it out for him to see. He took it watching you and opened it. You noticed a tiny smile crossed his face. "Family photos?" You nod as you cross the room looking for another object. "Now what?" You held up the baby blanket that Hiccup had made. He laughed, his footsteps coming closer, resting a hand in your shoulder. You hugged it to you and let a single tear slide down your face. A callused hand gently wiped it away. You turned to him.

"Out of everything in this house, I couldn't leave these two things." His arm made its way around you and his forehead rested on yours. "Out of everything here, I couldn't leave you. You're staying at my house from now on. I want you close, so I can protect you. And-" his hand lay on your stomach. "No one else is going to hurt you."

You didn't bother protesting. There was no way Hiccup would let you. That and deep down, you were looking forward to it. You simply just nodded to him. "Ok." He kisses your head. "I'll help you grab what you can." You nod again.

After grabbing some clothes, among other things, you make your way to Hiccup's house. You put your stuff in a corner and sit on his bed. It had been a long day. You found yourself being even more tired than you were in the morning. You head downstairs with Hiccup and watched him make some soup. "Here." He handed you a bowl. You took it from him and allowing the soup's steam to brush your cheeks. You took a sip, enjoying the warm liquid as ran down your throat. It was delicious. "Um, this is, amazing." He laughed and continued to eat his own bowl.

You basically ate the whole pot. Something you weren't proud of, but you were hungry. "Full?" Hiccup teased, earning an eye roll from you. "Come on, let's go to bed."

"I'm not taking your bed, Hiccup."

"Yes your are." He smiled. "It's not fair to you." You protested, crossing your arms. He sighed and walked over to you. You let out a squeak as he picked you up. You squirmed for a while as he brought you upstairs finally giving up once he put you down on the bed. "I have to change." You mumbled, blushing when a grin crossed Hiccup's face. "Get out." You pointed to the door hearing him laugh and mumble about how he was just kidding. After the door was closed, your eyes watched the window, expecting to see the weird blond man. But no one. You change quickly wanting Hiccup back in the room to make you feel safe. When you were done, you opened the door and saw Hiccup taking off his armor outside his door. His shift was off. You blush and close the door.

"Hey. You done?" He walked in putting a pajama shirt over his head as he talked. You nodded still blushing. He smirked at this and pulled you to him. "You know, you're absolutely adorable when you blush." You laugh and shake your head, pushing him away playfully. "Can we sleep, please?" He nodded and helped you get settled before climbing in with you. His arms go around you as he kisses your forehead. "Goodnight."

You huddle closer to him, resting your head on his chest. "Goodnight." You bit your lip and lean up a little to reach his lips. You didn't hesitate as you pushed them together. His hand when into your hair as you kissed. Slowly you found yourself starting to climb on top of him, the kisses were becoming more despite. Not wanting it to go too far, you stop and look him in the eyes. "I love you." He smiles back. "I love you too."

With those words said, you snuggled back down into his chest. "Hiccup?"

"Hmm?"

"What will happen to Makeshift?"

"She'll be fine. Gobber's going to fix her. I promise, we can see her in the morning." You nod and fought off the tears again. It wasn't that she was cut open or badly hurt. You thought back to the scene. She was laying on her side with words carves in her side. The blood was trickling from the words and onto the floor. The message was almost as bad as the scene. The words spelled,

"He's coming for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 237 13
Astrid Hofferson a new girl at school has experience the so-called 'love at first sight with this boy named Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third. Alth...
931K 29.1K 118
All rights reserved. Your a lonely girl. Your family died along time ago on a forgotten island far away. You was always bullied as a child. Some...
135K 2.4K 20
you lost everything. your mother and father left you as a child, you were shunned from the village, all you had left was your friend hiccup. he was l...
13.6K 330 5
You, (Y/N), are a popular and unique girl living on Berk. You're good friends with everyone there, but also the only friend of Hiccup. Your past in...