The Longest Wait [Hiccup X Re...

By Emily7love

|Completed| A long time ago in Berk your parents sadly pass away. But leave it to one boy to try to make you... More

The Offer
Secrets Reviled
Flying High
What Just Happened
At Last
Stay Away
That Devilish Smile
What Could Go Wrong?
The Plan
Headaches
Date Night
Telling the Gang
He's Coming for You
Slothi, Cnut, Vail
Confessions n Realizations
Touble in the Skies
I Don't Like You
Jealous?
Council Meeting
Snowstorm (pt.1)
Snowstorm (pt.2)
It's Not What It Looks Like
Stay
The Escape
Love on the Battlefield
I'm Here
Home
What The?
The Dress
Surprise Visit
Happy Birthday
The Truth
Have Faith
Battle Field
Good Day for a Wedding
Taken
Seasick
Never Trust an Outcast
It's Time
My Sweet Child
The Longest Wait
Sweet Revenge
A New Beginning
Extra
Q & A

The Big News

10K 203 82
By Emily7love

A/N hey! Two chapters one day! That's pretty cool. I usually write when I'm tired so if some of the chapters are strange I'm sorry about that! XD anyway enjoy this one, thanks for reading, love you <3
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Couple weeks later..

You open your eyes to the early morning sun. It had been a week since finding out what happened. So far no one knows about the little "accident" and you really hoped that it would stay that way. Hiccup had been spending more time with you since it happened. Even though he wouldn't admit it, you could tell he was just as nervous as you when it came to the whole pregnancy thing.

And today was just another day. You woke up to knocking on the door. Giving Makeshift a pat on the head you go downstairs, still in your pjs. You knew who it was going to be. You opened it and smiled at Hiccup. "Good morning, Hiccup."

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" 

"Tired." He chuckled at you a little glancing at your stomach quickly. He was kinda cute that he was so concerned about the possible baby inside you, but at the same time you were afraid that he was only worrying weather or not there was one to ruin his life.

"So, the elder can see you today." He said. "My dad said that now would be a good time, sooner the better, so we can get a plan." You nod your head and bit your lip. Hiccup seemed to pick up on this and grabbed your chin lifting your gaze to his. "Hey, we're going to be ok." You detected the nervousness in his voice. He wrapped his arms around you.

"I'm scared." You admitted, talking into his shoulder. "I am too." He smiled at you, "now go get changed." You smiled and walked him inside. "You can grab some food or something if you like I'll be right back." He nodded as you went up the stairs. You pulled out a looser fitting shirt and skirt with black leggings. Before heading back down to Hiccup, you pray to the gods that there was no baby. You call for Makeshift to come with you by patting your hip and clicking your tongue. She got up and followed you to the stairs. You looked down on Hiccup as he paced back and forth. You gently laid a hand on your stomach wondering what today would bring. You remove your hand.

"Hiccup?"

He breaks from his trance and looks at you and smiles. "Ready?" You nod and walk down. You reach for the door handle but feel something, more like someone stop you. You turn to meet his gaze. "What's wrong?" You ask eyeing him closely. "Nothing." He said, eyes still locked with yours. You bite your lip stilling keeping eye contact, looking into his green eyes. You watch as he slowly closes his eyes inching closer. You follow his lead. It had just occurred to you that you two haven't shared a kiss ever since this all started. You feel butterflies in your stomach and fight the urge to smash your face into his. Everything seemed to go in slow motion and you just wanted to meet his lips and feel the soft embrace of them against yours. You sucked in a breath of air as you felt his lips nearing yours.

Suddenly you feel a warm sticky tongue on your cheek and pull back. "Ug! Makeshift!" Your hand comes to wipe away the saliva. Hiccup chuckles and wipes his cheek too. Something he was use to from Toothless. "We should get going, I don't want to keep the elder waiting." You nod your head but frown still wanting to kiss him.

You get on Makeshift as Hiccup gets on Toothless. The two dragons share a look before taking off toward the elder's house. The gently breeze from the ride over was soothing. You tried to control your breathing looking over to Hiccup who was already looking at you. He smiled at you, and you returned the look. Doing so seemed to calm him down. You watched as his chest fell, letting the air out of his lungs. Knowing that he was feeling better made you feel slightly better.

Upon arriving, you see Stoick and Gobber waiting outside. The elder's house was away from the other villagers houses in a nice and quiet area surrounded by trees. As you land you feel the chief's eyes on you. You try your best to hide your nerves and smile at the two of them.

"(Y/n), Hiccup and I have talked it over and no matter what happens, pregnant or not, you will always have a place at the Haddock home." You smile at his words and whisper a thank you. It comes out a little quieter than you wanted, but he seemed to hear you and smiled.

"Shall we." Hiccup says smiling nervously at you. You take in a breath and pet Makeshift, kissing her gently, before following him inside. You feel his hand gently on your back as if reassuring you and offering you support. The two dragons stay outside and watch as you go inside.

You enter the small house where the elder looks at you with a gentle smile. She motions for you to follow her into a room nearby. You look to Hiccup with a pleading look.

"Can I go with her?" He asks his dad. Stoick nods. "That would probably be best. We'll wait for you two outside." He says. You see Hiccup smile as he walks to you. You follow Hiccup and the elder into a small room. It had a small window with light green wallpaper. A small bed with white sheets lay in the middle of the room. The elder took your hands and lead you over to the bed. You climbed into the bed and lay down on your back. You saw Hiccup make his way to one side as he watched the elder. She gently pulled your shirt up revealing your stomach. She placed one hand in your stomach pushing and rubbing occasionally. You fought back giggles as she did this, it did kinda tickle. You heard Hiccup laugh a little knowing you were really ticklish.

The whole exam took about 5 minutes. You watched her face trying to find any kind of clue that would lead to you finding out what was happening. When she was done she motioned for you to put your shirt back down and led Hiccup out of the room. You felt scared and alone without him there and wanted him to come back. You waited in the silence of the room to hear any news.

Hiccup's P.O.V
Once we were outside of the room, the elder looked at my dad, Gobber and I.

"So?" My dad asked the older woman. "Is she carrying?" The old woman, not being able to speak, wrote her answer in the dirt on the floor with her staff. I didn't want to look. Sure I hoped she wasn't pregnant, but at the same time it was kinda exciting thinking that the girl you cared about was holding something that had 50% of both of you.

We all watched as she wrote out her answer. She didn't even have to finish writing the word before I knew what she was.

Y

I gasped and looked at the elder who nodded, reassuring my answer about what she was. "Are you sure?" I asked hoping maybe she wrong. The elder nodded. I looked to my dad. "I can't-" my dad places his large hand on my shoulder. "Hiccup, you can't leave her, she is your responsibility. You're going to have to learn to be a chief and a father." I felt hot and cold at the same time. "You better go tell her." Gobber said. I turned to him and looked at the door. She didn't even know yet. I nodded and entered the room she was in.

She was sitting on the edge of the bed looking at the wall. She turned when she saw me entering the room and stood up.

"Hey." I said nervously not sure how she would respond. "What's the news? Anything in there." I walked over to her and sat her back down. I wanted to say no. But I couldn't. "(Y/n) there... There is, uh-" I didn't even have to finish. By the look on her face she knew. I saw the tears coming back into her eyes.

"No. That can't be. Are you sure she's right?" I nod my head and pull her close to me as she quietly sobs. I can't say I didn't blame her, I wanted to cry too. But I had to stay strong, for all three of use.

We sat there for 15ish minutes while (y/n) cried. I didn't mind it though. I guess whether or not I did what I did knowingly, it was kinda my fault. When (y/n) stopped crying she simply just held on to me. I pulled her back a bit to look at her eyes. It broke my heart to see her this way. "Hey, we're going to get through this." I said trying to soothe her. She nodded and smiled weakly.

I pulled her to her feet and opened the door to looked at my dad and Gobber. I couldn't look them in the eye. Stoick spoke eyeing us both. "You two will be married one month before the baby comes." I sighed and ran my hands through my hair looking back at (y/n). "I'm sorry." I whisper for only her to hear. Her arms were crossed as she looked away from me. "Let's just go home." I heard her mumble. I nod and we heard out the door. I watch as she gets on Makeshift and takes off without saying goodbye. I felt my dad's hand on my shoulder, "come on son. We have to talk about something at home."

At the Haddock House
When I walked through the doors of my house I knew what was coming. I already sat down knowing that Stoick was going to say that first, so he would tell me about what I needed to do. I watched as he took a seat across from me. I knew that look on his face too well. The look of disappointment.

"Dad?" I looked at him. "What am I going to do with you? First you're the fishbone of Berk and now you got some girl pregnant." He shook his head as the guilt began to build inside me. "You really don't remember if you were the one to-"

"I told you I don't remember anything! You know me! I wouldn't do that kind of thing."

"I don't know Hiccup. Right now you need to be concerned about (y/n) and your unborn child." I thought about this. His last words, 'my unborn child.' Something about that made my heart flutter.

"Now, I'm going to have you married one month before the child is born. If you and (y/n) want to do it sooner, it's up to you two to figure out. When she starts showing, you'll have to make living arrangement and tell everyone because at that point there is no use in hiding it."

I sigh as he goes over what being a father will take. The more he talks to more unsure I am about this. It was a little overwhelming. I wiped my eye a little trying not to show how much of a kid I was. The sniffle gave me away though. I heard the old chief sigh and pull me into a hug. Which didn't happen a lot. Despite his large size he could be quite comforting.

"Listen son, if you ever need me in this. I'll be there." I nod in understandind, feeling better knowing my dad wasn't that mad at me for what happened. I guess I'll just have to talk to (y/n) about when we want to tell people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931K 29.1K 118
All rights reserved. Your a lonely girl. Your family died along time ago on a forgotten island far away. You was always bullied as a child. Some...
11.7K 237 13
Astrid Hofferson a new girl at school has experience the so-called 'love at first sight with this boy named Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third. Alth...
194K 4.4K 41
What if things went differently when Toothless came to save Hiccup during his final exam. What if Hiccup ran away with Toothless that day. Hiccup Ho...
38K 931 60
THE 5 YEAR SURPRISE: It was the day of Graduation for the 18 year old couple, Hiccup and Astrid. Soon after the fantastic day, Hiccup leaves Berk Cit...