The Longest Wait [Hiccup X Re...

By Emily7love

|Completed| A long time ago in Berk your parents sadly pass away. But leave it to one boy to try to make you... More

The Offer
Secrets Reviled
Flying High
What Just Happened
At Last
Stay Away
What Could Go Wrong?
The Plan
Headaches
The Big News
Date Night
Telling the Gang
He's Coming for You
Slothi, Cnut, Vail
Confessions n Realizations
Touble in the Skies
I Don't Like You
Jealous?
Council Meeting
Snowstorm (pt.1)
Snowstorm (pt.2)
It's Not What It Looks Like
Stay
The Escape
Love on the Battlefield
I'm Here
Home
What The?
The Dress
Surprise Visit
Happy Birthday
The Truth
Have Faith
Battle Field
Good Day for a Wedding
Taken
Seasick
Never Trust an Outcast
It's Time
My Sweet Child
The Longest Wait
Sweet Revenge
A New Beginning
Extra
Q & A

That Devilish Smile

16.6K 397 754
By Emily7love

Author note: Hey everyone! Thank you to everyone who has read this so far! Seeing the numbers of reader go up is amazing and very motivating. This chapter is a bit weird so sorry for that XD Enjoy!! Love you guys <3 comment what you think I would appreciate it :)
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Hiccup's P.O.V
The next morning I woke up earlier than usual, even though most of the night was tossing and turning trying to think of a way to not make Astrid kill me for what I was about to do. Kicking off the covers that kept me safe I attach my prosthetic and make my way downstairs to get something to fill the grumbling in my stomach. Although after looking around, not feeling like eating, I grabbed a small apple and decide to go over my plan one last time.

"Just have to tell her that I've changed. I would only hold her back." I mumble. I take a small bite from an apple chewing slowly. Looking outside, I realized I still had quite some time before I wanted to speak Astrid. I thought back to (y/n), which was something I found myself thinking about quite a lot about these days. She was just so beautiful. Not that only her looks matter to me, no. She was clam and sweet and, gods just amazing. And she was almost mine. I just have to let Astrid off and prey she doesn't hold a grudge on (y/n) or feel she stole me from her.

Suddenly I feel an urge to see this lovely girl with (h/c) and stunning (e/c) eyes. It was far too early for her to be awake. Even with that in mind I find myself having nothing better to do, I grab a jacket and head out the door trying not to wake my sleeping dad or dragon.

The cold morning air hit me waking me up even more causing me to pull my jacket tighter around me. Luckily her house wasn't too far away. I walk through the wet grass nearing her house and knock lightly. Of course she wouldn't be up. The idea crosses my mind to just go in, but that would be rude wouldn't it.

After about 5 minutes later I decide my urge to see her was stronger than the uncomfortable feeling to enter her house. Besides she did bring this on herself for kicking me out about a month ago. I did warn her of the consequences.

I slowly open the door and look around before entering and closing the door. I heard foot steps at the top of the staircase that led to her room and saw Makeshift. She was watching me as I stood frozen, not knowing what she would do to intruders.

"Hey Makeshift. Is (y/n) upstairs?"

She comes closer to me and gently rubs against my prosthetic. I'm really glad that (y/n)'s dragon likes me, otherwise this plan wouldn't have gone as smoothly. I pet her a bit before walking quietly up the stairs. Before I know it, I'm standing outside her door feeling kinda like a creep. I open the door slowly and find her sleeping figure. I walk as quietly as possible with a prosthetic and glance at her. The morning light coming through the window lit her face nicely.  I feel a smile cross my face. "You're so beautiful." I whisper to her kneeling down so I was face to face with her. I see her smile a little. She must be dreaming. Then her eyes open. I feel my eye widen and blush appear on my face. Luckily she closed them again. Hopefully she thinks she's dreaming. I didn't want to get caught, so I place a quick kiss on her nose and gently stroke her slightly bumpy skin. Gods she was perfect even with her flaws. I stand and walk out before I'm noticed and head back to my house to finish my plans on confronting Astrid.

After the sun began to come into the sky, I headed out for Astrid's house really hoping her parents weren't home. And hoping that she would understand my feelings and except them. When I finally reached her door, I knock lightly hearing foot steps coming down the stairs to the door. It opened reveling Astrid's mother.

"Oh hello Hiccup! Ya here for ma daughter?" I smiled at her, "yeah is she home?"

"She's upstairs in her room." She gestures letting me step inside. I give her a quick thank you before nervously walking up the stairs to her room. I knock lightly, being polite. "Come in."

I walk in to see Astrid with her blond hair down brushing it. She sees me in the mirror and smiles, "hello Hic." I could feel my heart sinking knowing I was about to ruin her day. A figure walking toward me snaps me out of my thoughts. Her arms snuck around my neck and hugged me. I sighed and put my arms around her lightly. "We have to talk." I say as she moves to kiss me. A confused look crosses her face and she bites her lip but nods unwrapping her arms from around me. I watch her take a seat on the bed waiting for me to speak.

"I-I just think that.. Our relationship. Oh gods where do I start." She laughs at me and continues to watch me with a smile. I could feel the guilt crawl through my arms and legs making their way to the pit of my stomach. 

"Continue." She says eyes still on me.

I take a deep breath before continuing. "I can't keep being in a relationship with you. I-I think we should, uh, break up." I felt the guilt finally over take me and redness spread to my face. Her eyes dropped suddenly. Sadness overtook her features. "What do you mean?" I almost didn't pick up what she said. She spoke so quietly.

I bit my lip taking in another deep breath, "you and me. I just can't do it. You're amazing and I'm... Me. You did nothing wrong, I swear. It's not me, it's you." I stop suddenly at what I said. "Oh gods! That's not what I meant!" I put my hands in front of me watching an angry Astrid turn to head to glare at me. "Please stay calm." I tell her trying to calm the already fuming woman.

"It's (y/n). Isn't it?" I watch her closely not wanting to mess up my words again. "Well it was before her.." I tried. Her voiced raised. "Before?!" She stood up from her sitting position. "So you do like her more than me! She stole you from me!"

"No! No no no, I felt this way before she came along. I just didn't know how to tell you."

"You what! How long have you felt this way?!" I take a step back as she walks toward me. "A while? I don't know. Just listen, we've been struggling and-" she cut me off. "I've been working hard to keep this relationship. I've been the one hanging with you, planning the dates that you turn down and the one staying even when you're busy!"

"Exactly! I can't handle a relationship right now. You want me to be there all the time and I can't be there all the time. All I'm doing is hurting you." She watched me closely, standing just a short distance away. Within punching range.

"Your hurting me now." She says voice lower. "Yes and I'm sorry for that. I didn't want to hurt you. I still want to be friends." I feel her eyes cutting through me. "I can't believe you. After everything we've been though." I sighed again. "I know. And I wanted to fix this but I just can't. The best thing for both of us is to just go different ways."

"If you would just hangout with me and not (y/n) I would be happy. That would fix our relationship."

I couldn't believe what I just heard. I felt something inside me snap. "Do you even realize what you just said! (Y/n)'s my friend! Since childhood! She is so important to me!"

"Then how come you're not dating her!"

"I want to!" I stop myself mentally kicking myself. Did I really just say that? Gods I suck at breakups! I immediately regret my words wishing I had spend my time thinking about all the things to avoid saying instead of going to see (y/n). Her face went red. She turned on her heals and walked away slightly.

"I knew she was behind all this. I knew she was the reason for our problems. That BIT-" I stopped her. "Wooo, no need to swear." I point a finger at her. "And I already told you I've been feeling this way for a while. She just helped me realized how unhappy I was."

"Oh so now your unhappy!" She jabbed me in the chest. "No! Well yes, but listen-"

She turn and punched me as hard as she could in the face. I felt myself hit the wall not to far away and slide down it. My hands immediately went to my nose holding it as it throbbed in pain. I felt tears coming to my eyes from the impact and slowly pulled my hands away reviling my blood soaked hands. I cried out in pain before feeling her foot make contact with my stomach, causing me to cough slightly. I lay on my side one hand pinching my nose shut, the other holding my now hurting stomach. She didn't kick hard but deep down I felt like I deserved it.

"Get out!" I heard her yell. "Now!" I get up and walk/run to the door opening it quickly. I saw the tears coming to her eyes before I fled out the door bumping into her mother.

"Hey Mrs. Hofferson." I managed to grunt. She gave me a shocked look. I fled down the stairs when I heard Astrid start to scream. "Bye Mrs. Hofferson." When I was out the door I sighed.

"That went well." I joked to myself slowly making my way to (y/n)'s house.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V
You wake up from your slumber looking around for Makeshift who was nowhere to be found. Usually she was the first thing you saw in the morning, but this morning she wasn't even in your room. "Makeshift?" She call into the empty house. You hear noise confirming that she was still in the house, the footsteps from the great beast making its way up the stairs. Pretty soon her head poked in the room watching you as if to say "what do you want." You laugh under your breath and get up making your way to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Once done you head downstairs and eat noting that you seemed to sleep in again. You think back to the figure that you were dreaming about. It of course was Hiccup. You remember the gentle kiss he gave you and everything being so real.

I'll make sure to tell him that. You think to yourself.

A good majority of the day was spend taking Makeshift outside for flying, along with feeding her and trying to draw her, figuring out that having fish as a reward was a very good way to get her to stay still. After finally being able to draw her, you found that quite a bit of time had passed. In the end though, you had a great drawing of the Changewing.

You were about to start another when you heard a knock at the door. "Hiccup." You mutter to yourself getting up and opening the door. You gasped at the state that the young man was. His nose was bleeding, the blood was trickling down his face covering most of the area around his mouth, his hand holding his nose. He had a swelling lump near his cheek that was becoming black.

"W-what happened t-to you?" You manage to say immediately cupping his face, worry filling your body. "Ah.. I broke up with Astrid. As you can see it went well." You stare at him with a blank face and hear him laugh a little at your expression. "Not funny." You manage getting the urge to hold him closely but also wanting to hit him for his stupid joke.

Forgetting your manners you put Hiccup inside. He lets out a small cry as he entered the house but didn't resist. He watches you closely as you look at his wounds. "Hiccup.." Seeing him hurt this bad made you feel sad as you tenderly touched the swelling lump on his cheek. He winced at the contact eyes watching your features closely. "Oh gods Hiccup, what happened?"

"Well I went there, told her I wanted to break up, and we argued then she punched me and kick me in the stomach."

Your look down to his stomach and lightly place your hand on it. "My face actually hurts more than my stomach." He chuckles a little trying to lighten the mood. All you can do is shake your head at his dump jokes. You can feel his eyes watch you as you get a wash cloth and run it under the water. He walks over to you as you place the wet rage on the lump cupping his face lightly, afraid that fully touching him would cause him pain. He winces when the rag brushes touches it but relaxes as his green eyes watch you lovingly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You ask him turning to rewet the rag this time cleaning up the blood on his face. His eyes drift away and he swallows. "I uh, I just. You're so.. Kind." His face was becoming pink as he stumbled to find the right words. You giggle at his small struggle. He was kinda cute when he struggled and was all nervous.

He signs under his breath and takes the rag from your hand and finished cleaning his face standing over the sink. You smile to yourself and push into his back wrapping your arms around his waist, letting your head rest on his back. He stops and gasps slightly. You back away worried that you somehow hurt him. "S-sorry." He stands there in silence for a while then turns his head to you, looking over his shoulder. "No it's fine, you just caught me by surprise." You're put at rest by his smile. He turns back to you. "How do I look?" He gave you a cheeky smile making you laugh at him. "Like you just got beat up." He rolls his eyes. "I was talking about the blood.."

"Oh, well then no. You look great." You say earning a smile from him. "Now.. I can be fully be with you." You feel him grasp your waist tightly, his long fingers digging into you but in the best way possible. You slide your hands around his torso, your head resting on his chest. You could hear his heart beating in his chest slowly increasing in pace. You giggle against him taking in his scent. He smelled like the woods and the fresh air with a hint of dragons. It wasn't long before you felt his head rest atop your head, his aftershave slightly prickling your head. His hands moved from their place on your waist and up to your arms. He gently placed a kiss on your forehead then leaned down to your ear.

"I have something to show you."

The way he spoke was nothing above a whisper. He acted as if he didn't want the walls of the house to hear what he had to say. You loved the feeling of his warm breath against your ear. You had to bit your lip to hold back a gasp. Your eyes clashed. "What is it?" You say a hint of excitement in your voice. "You'll see, it has to be later though. Not now."

"What shall we do in the mean time?" You asked immediately regretting the words that escaped your lips. He flashed a devilish smile at you. You looked at him tilting your head, hoping he wasn't thinking what you were thinking. He gently picks you up bring you to the couch and throws you down onto it.

"What are you doing?" You ask feeling nervous. He climbs over top of you straddling you and places his hands on your stomach wiggling his fingers. You burst out laughing squirming under him. 

"Does that tickle?"

"No Hiccup." You begin to squirm more trying to escape his grip. "Stop! No!" He tightens his grip on you not letting you get up. He keeps going showing no mercy. After what seemed like 6 minutes of being tickled you get a good idea to get him off.  "I'm going to pee!!" You yell. This gets him to stop as he lets go. "Not on me!" He says getting up and rolling off the couch. As your laughter calms down you look down at him. He was laying on the ground, on his back, looking up at you. "You suck." You say. He grins. "I know." You glare at him.

"Hey Hiccup."

"Yeah?"

You roll off the couch and straddle him, "payback!" You start to tickle him. He chuckles slightly and you stop. "That's it?" He sends you another devilish grin, "(y/n), I'm not ticklish." You eyes widen slightly. He sits up and crosses his legs causing you to sit in the crook of them. He gently puts his arms around you and kisses you gently.

"Nice try though."

Then that devilish smile reappears on his face again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 875 44
- in which hiccup & astrid are a couple & go through crazy adventures - *completed: april 21,2017
75.3K 1.4K 55
Modern Hiccstrid love story! Regular updates!!! Requests are welcome x Hope you enjoy :)
72.1K 640 9
After asking Astrid for a sleepover, the young couple sleeps together in the same bed for the first time. It quickly becomes a habit for Astrid and H...
13.6K 330 5
You, (Y/N), are a popular and unique girl living on Berk. You're good friends with everyone there, but also the only friend of Hiccup. Your past in...