Don't Be Afraid

By kdissorad

Rule #1: Never be alone, have someone always with you, no matter where you are. Rule #2: Don't acknowledged t... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Epilogue
Sequel Update...It's going to be awhile ;(

Chapter Eleven

64.9K 771 314
By kdissorad

E-D-I-T-E-D !!!!

Chapter Eleven

I don’t scream. I don’t move. I don’t speak. I was too scared to anything other than stare at the piece of paper. By the looks of it Jesse was doing the same thing as me—nothing. We were too shocked to do anything. Jesse was the first to move.

He turns around to look at me and sighs. “We need rules.” He says.

“What kind of rules?” I ask. I was confused, why would we need rules?

“Ground rules. This kind of stuff seems to be happening a lot lately, so we need to state what we can and can’t do.” He says slowly like he was deciding something.

“By judging on the information we got, I have a pretty good idea what needs to happen.” He continued. Considering on how bright he is—or rather how not bright he is—he came up with some pretty good rules and ideas.

Rule #1: Never be alone, have someone always with you, no matter where you are. (Which this rule was understandable because when you’re alone you are most vulnerable. But for someone to ‘always’ with you is kind of hard. Like when you sleep and when you have to shower.)

Rule #2: Don't acknowledge their presence or you'll give them the satisfaction of them scaring you. (This was going to be hard considering the depression Jesse and I feel every time a ghost is in fifty foot radius of us but we were going to have to learn to hide it.)

Rule #3: Always, and I mean Always have a crucifix with you no matter where you are. (I don’t think demon like crucifixes that much anyway)

Rule #4: Pray every night, every day, when you eat, and when you sleep. Keep faith. (That’s a lot of praying. I was never a religious person myself but I guess demons don’t like God that much either.)

Rule #5: Don't let them get to you. They'll destroy your sanity and everything you believe in. They'll break you down in till your nothing. (The funny thing is that they already got to me and already started destroying my sanity. It’s not much longer in till I am nothing.)

Rule #6: Lastly, don't be afraid (Ha ha.)

“Well Jesse, we have a pretty good list of rules here.” We were now sitting in my walk in closet searching for my crucifix.

“Yeah I can be smart when I want to. Don’t let my hair judge my smartness.” He says. I roll my eyes and smile.

“You’re still not as smart as me, blondie. So did you find it yet?” I ask him. He shakes his head.

“But I did find some Barbies with their limbs facing the wrong way. You were really angry as a child, weren’t you?” He raises an eyebrow. I smile sheepishly.

“Barbies were too perfect for my taste, so I had to do something to make them imperfect.” I tell him. I hated Barbies with their stupid blonde hair and their stupid big, plastic boobs.

“Athena, that doesn’t mean you rip out their arms and legs and put them on backwards. That’s just cruel; how come you couldn’t like draw on them or something that doesn’t involve violence?” He asks. I laugh a little as a dig through a random drawer. I pull out a golden chain with a crucifix hanging from it. Bingo!

“I found it!” I yell excitedly.

“Good for you.” He said back not looking at me.

“Jesse, that means that you can stop looking through my stuff.” I told him. He was still going through my things.

“But everything is so interesting.” He wines. That reminds me of last night when Emery trespassed in my room.

“So am I the first boy that’s ever been in your room?” He sits down next to me.

“Nope, you’re the forth.” I told him. He raises an eyebrow and smirks.

“Really? Who are the other three people?” He asks. Why does he want to know?

“Well there is Miles, Kyle, and um….uh Emery.” I tell him. I was embarrassed to tell him that Emery was in my room. It’s not something I’m too proud of.

The look on Jesse face was surprise. I wouldn’t blame him; the school freak had boys in her room.

“Emery?” He asks. That stupid eyebrow was still raise.

“Is someone jealous that they didn’t have a hot British boy in their room?” I ask back. Then I realize that I just called Emery hot. Oh god.

Jesse snorts. “No, I just want to know why he was in your room, and for that matter, why was Kyle in your room?”

“It wasn’t my choice. When I got from Adler yesterday he was in my room going through my stuff,” I tell him. Emery is so annoying. “Kyle has been my only friend for years, so he’s been in my room a few times.” I add. He nods.

“Well I have to go, so I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jesse says.

“Okay, I’ll walk you out.” I get up and walk out of the closet as Jesse follows.

“Remember our rules.” He told me sternly. I roll my eyes. “Trust me, I’ll remember.” I tell him back. We only went over them fifty times.

We made it down stairs and we were now heading to the door when someone calls my name. “Athena?” My mom’s voice came from behind me.

“Yes?” I turn around to see her glaring at Jesse.

“Who’s this?” She asks pointing to Jesse.

“This is Jesse he’s a…uh an acquaintance from school.” I tell her. I don’t know if I could count Jesse as a friend yet.

“Hi Mrs. Marx.” Jesse says sticking his hand out in front of my mom. My mom stares at with disgust on her face. Jesse realizes she wasn’t going to shake his hand so he retracts back. That was rude mom.

“What’s he doing here?” She asks in disgust. What’s up with her?

“We were working on a project together for biology.” I say narrowing my eyes.

“I was just about to leave Mrs. Marx. It was nice meeting you.” Jesse says while smiling. I could tell he was nervous. Not waiting for my mom’s response I grab Jesse’s arm and push him out the door and close it behind me.

We were standing outside now. “I’m sorry about my mom; I don’t know what’s gotten in to her.”

He smiles. “It’s okay. I’m just not used to having my friends parents not like me.” He says. He said the ‘f’ word! He counts me as his friend?

“We’re friends?” I ask worriedly. He might of accidently said it.

“Duh!” He says while rolling his eyes.

***

I walk up to Miles’s bedroom door slowly. I need to man up and knock on his door, but I couldn’t do it. I was too scared to knock on it.

You can do this, you can do this. I chant to myself. I slowly raise my hand to his door and knock.

“What?” I hear him yell.

“It-it’s me.” I tell him slowly. Scared that he’ll ignore me. He doesn’t respond. I sigh and turn around to leave. I guess he really does hate me.

“What do you want?” Miles asks from behind me. I turn around to him and smile a little.

“Can I ask you a question?” I ask him. He looks confused at first.

“Um…sure, I guess.” He says in an unsure tone. I take a deep breath.

“Can I sleep in your bedroom?” I ask him hesitantly.

“Why?”

“I’m scared to sleep in my room by myself,” I tell him. It was kind of true. He looks like he didn’t believe me, I didn’t believe myself. “Please Miles, I’ll just sleep on the floor, I won’t be in the way.” I beg him.

He stares at me for like five minutes and then he sighs.

“Fine.” He says and then went back to his room. I was surprised that he actually agreed to let me sleep in his room. I guess he doesn’t hate me that much.

***

I was lying on Miles’s bedroom floor. It was around midnight and Miles was fast asleep. Sleeping in his room wasn’t as awkward as I thought it would be (mostly because Miles was already asleep). I was staring at his ceiling thinking about the events of the past four days.

Meeting Jesse, meeting Emery, and finding out who I am. Not to mention all the creepy stuff that’s been happening. It was all so overwhelming. I just want to go back to the old Athena. The one who had no friends, no annoying British guy chasing after me, and no Jesse. There was a part of me that didn’t want to ever meet Jesse because he was perfect—too perfect. That part of me didn’t want to ruin Jesse’s perfection, that part felt like Jesse wasn’t even real.

The rest of me was glad that Jesse came into my life. There was someone out there out there that was just like me. It brought comfort. I was almost a hundred percent sure that I was not going to go through this alone.

With this thought it almost made me smile—almost. I close my eyes and drift off.

And for the first time since I was six, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

A/N: So this was a filer chapter. Sorry! Next one will be better. So the rules were explained in the beginning of the chapter. So yeah.....

If anyone wants to send me banners, covers, and things of that nature, email me at Kdskater99@yahoo.com or PM me the link. I will gladly accept them and put them on my chapters. So till next time folks!

Oh and yeah kik me at kdskater99. I will gladly talk to you.

BTW: Stop telling me that my book is like 'sweet madness'. It might be smiliar i guess but i havent even read Sweet Madness, so i dont know what you're talking about. But please stop telling me that, its really annoying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4.6K 26
Undergoing editing, will write a description for this soon. Originally completed October 12th, 2013. Chapters that have been edited so far: 1-6 6/17...
18.9K 173 15
Sorry if I steal artwork from others. (I'm just using them for detail.) If you readers want any creepypastas to be added, comment below and I'll prob...
417K 6.2K 62
Creepypasta Rituals, I don't own any of this stories or experiences. Do them if you are brave enough. WARNING: be careful with your decisions, is da...
3.9K 76 13
"Two weeks are you fucking stupid Colby!?" What will happen when two best friends are trapped in the most haunted place for two full weeks? scared o...