Incipient | Book #2 [Complete...

By krystall_xoxo

Book #2 in the EMERGENT series Other books in the series includes; Book #1 :- IMMORTAL (Completed) Book #3... More

Author's Note
Cast List
Incipient
Prologue
Xar'an's POV
Chapter 1: Dead And Alive And Dead Again
Chapter 2: In A Box
Chapter 3: A Town Called Terla
Chapter 4: Look Alive
Chapter 5: Without You, Things Will Get Ugly
Chapter 7: An Interesting Turn Of Events
Chapter 8: Ghost
Chapter 9: Her Name Was...
Chapter 9.5: Force Like That Of A Tornado
Chapter 10: You Are A Blue Blood, Child
Chapter 11: Seeking Answers
Chapter 12: I Think I Have Killed Someone
Chapter 13: Welcome To The Bermuda Triangle
Chapter14: The Shop
Chapter 15: Guilty But Unaware
Chapter 16: The Flames Of Betrayal
Chapter 17: Don't Scream Just Yet
Chapter 18: The Raging Fire
Chapter 19: Breaking and Entering
Chapter 20: Revelations From The Black Forest
Chapter 21: Spells And Guns
Chapter 22: The Blue Blood Killer Is...
Chapter 23: Murderers In A Cell
Chapter 24:Dreams In A Flower Field
Chapter 25: Two Souls, One Body
Chapter 26: Deception And Escapes
Chapter 27: Cry Blood
Chapter 28: Follow The Hijacked
Chapter 29: What Did The Voices Say?
Chapter 30: A Soul For A Soul
Chapter 31: Kill Or Be Killed
Chapter 32: Prisoner Of Death
Chapter 33: A Little Game
Chapter 34: A Dangerous Place
Chapter 35: Dying To Escape
Chapter 36: Mistakes Were Made
Chapter 37: Monsters
Chapter 38: Blame The Flames
Chapter 39: In The Flesh
Chapter 40: Floating Arrows
Chapter 40.5: The Rebirth
Chapter 41: Pain And Bruises
Chapter 42: Declaration Of War?
Chapter 43: Into The Black Forest
Chapter 44: Before Your Very Eyes
Chapter 45: In The Flesh
Chapter 46: The City Of Atlantis
Chapter 47: Home To Xylanthia
Chapter 48: At Long Last
Chapter 49: Pro Terra
Bonus Chapter: Give Them Hell
Book#3: IMPELLENT

Chapter 6: All Things Missing

27 6 8
By krystall_xoxo

**A picture of Sierra played by the gorgeous Emma Watson in the media box**

**Theron's POV**

**2000 years ago**

"Aeliana." I called softly as Aeliana opened her eyes, a feeling of relief washing over me.

The outcasts had brought her back to life and I knew there was bound to be consequences to deal with but I was just glad that she was alive again.

Aeliana blinked a few times before her eyes focused on me, her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at me with no recognition in her eyes. The smile was immediately wiped off my face.

"W-Who are you?" Aeliana asked as she sat up urgently, glancing around the tent. "Where am I?"

I ran my fingers through my hair and gave a sigh as I shifted from my kneeling position to a sitting one.

"There are consequences for fiddling with dark magic, it always takes something in return for giving." Tatiana's voice echoed in my head and I sighed once again.

"Where is Aemilia? Where is my sister?" She asked once again, her eyes meeting mine. She seemed confused and frightened.

**

Aeliana could not remember the last year of her life and although it was better than her entire memory being taken or something worse happening, it still was not great.

A lot had happened in the past year and it was going to be hard to explain it to her. I certainly was not ecstatic about it.

Right before Aeliana's twin sister, Aemilia had tried to kill her, they had been the best of friends.

Aemilia was the only family Aeliana had left and she cared for her dearly, doing any and everything she could to make her sister happy as Aemilia did all she could to make Aeliana happy as well. That was until I came into their lives.

Although, Aeliana always said I was not to be blamed, deep down I knew I was.

The twins had come to town after the loss of their parents and had moved in with their Aunt Marcia, right across from me.

From the very moment I laid eyes on Aeliana, I had instantaneously fallen in love with her—Of course, at the time I was unaware she had an identical twin sister.

I usually watched Aeliana as she stepped out late at night to gaze at the stars in the dark sky. She had always looked so peaceful, so beautiful and I could not help but fall for her.

One faithful night, I mustered up the courage to talk to the girl I was sure to be the love of my life.

I learnt a lot about her that night and I realized that she had been a lot different from what I had initially thought her to be.

She had been the adventurous type who could not stand the thought of being in a place for too long unlike the shy, innocent girl still adjusting to her new life in the village, like I had perceived of her.

I confess I had enjoyed passing time with her but soon the love I had for her died down. She was just so different from what I had believed she was.

She was so different from the girl who stared at stars all night and cried or sang herself to sleep. She was a lot tougher during the day, showing little or no emotion. She was not as compassionate as the girl who watered the flowers everyday to keep them alive—I had even heard her call the same flowers a waste of space one time.

At a point, I was starting to believe she had split personalities.

Aemilia had been the first to profess her love to me and I was excited about it but I just could not rid myself of the feeling that I had not been making the right decision by being with her.

It merely a month later that I had realized Aeliana and Aemilia were twins. I had even thought Aeliana's name had been Aemilia, seeing as Aemilia was the only one I had actually conversed with.

Instantly, I knew it was Aeliana I had fallen in love with and Aemilia clearly had not been happy with my choice.

It had started with a little jealousy and then it escalated to causing little 'accidents' to hurt Aeliana and soon enough, she was blinded by so much jealousy that she did the unthinkable. She tried to kill Aeliana. She would have gotten away with it if I had not come to Aeliana's rescue.

Aemilia was exiled from the village as punishment and we never saw her again.

Aeliana was broken for months after that. Her only family, someone that was supposed to protect her had been the one to cause her harm and for a while it looked like she was never going to  recover. She never even knew why her sister hated her so much.

Although I wanted to, I never professed my love to her. Instead, I was always there to protect her.

It took sometime for her to get past the betrayal of her sister but eventually, she got over it.

Now that her memories had been taken, I had no clue know how to explain to her that her sister could not be with her anymore.

I could not be the one to hurt her again. I feared that she would not have been able to get over it this time.

I could not break her heart again. I just could not bare to do such a thing.

**Present day**

I rubbed my eyes as I slowly walked down the stairs.

I could smell pancakes, delicious pancakes and my lips twitched up in a smile.

"Hmm, pancakes." I moaned as I walked into the kitchen. I was confused when I saw Edward by the stove and not Sierra. It took me a few moments to remember Sierra was away.

"Edward? You're making breakfast?" I stared at him in disbelief. Edward rarely ever made breakfast or any kind of food unless... "What do you want, Edward?" I said as it dawned on me.

"What?You think I want something?" Edward faked a laugh. "Can't a lad just make breakfast for his best mate without some hidden agenda behind it?" He said, flipping the pancake in the pan before turning to me.

"Absolutely." I nodded, taking a seat on a stool beside the kitchen Island. "A lad can do that but not Edward Sanders." I pointed out and Edward rolled his eyes before turning back to the food.

"I'm worried, Cal." Edward sighed, turning of the gas before turning back to me once again. "I'm worried about Sierra, so, I'm worry-cooking."

"Why? What happened?" I started to panic as I saw the uneasy look Edward had on his face. "Is she okay?"

"She-" Edward paused, looking like he was contemplating whether to say it or not. "She hasn't called and she should've gotten to London a few hours back." He finally said.

"She hasn't called?" I ran up to my room, grabbed phone and ran back to the kitchen in a flash.

I unlocked my phone and checked for missed calls but there wasn't any.

I'd slept throughout the entire night and I'd expected to see at least a missed call from Sierra when I woke up.

"I'll call her." I said, dialing her number and placing my phone on my left ear. I listened to the dial tone until the call disconnected. "She's not picking up. I'll try Bellamy." I dialed Bellamy but he wasn't picking up either.

"This isn't good, Calvin. What if she's in trouble." Edward paced up and down the kitchen and I shook my head, trying not to jump into conclusions like Edward was, although I was starting to get scared.

"Let's not think crazy, Ed. Maybe she fell asleep the moment she landed." I suggested and Edward stopped for a moment considering what I'd said for a second before he resumed pacing.

"That doesn't explain why Bellamy isn't picking up." He said and I was about to speak up when my phone buzzed.

I checked the caller ID and on seeing Bellamy's name, I showed it to Edward who prompted me to pick it up.

"Bellamy?" I answered.

"Hey, Calvin." Bellamy greeted. "I was out when you called, what's up?"

"Yeah, I wanted to speak to Sierra. She's not picking up her calls." I told him and he was silent for a few seconds before speaking up.

"Uh, she's not here." He replied and my heart beat spiked as fear creeped up my spine. "I was going to call about that. Actually, I was out of town all day yesterday, so I instructed my driver to pick her up if she called but she never did. I only got the news on my arrival a few minutes ago. I thought maybe her flight got delayed or something."

"So, what you're saying is Sierra never got to London?" I glanced up at Edward whose eyes were wide with panic.

"No but I'm on my way to check the airport in case she lost her phone or something." Bellamy replied and I nodded, only speaking up when I realized he couldn't see me.

"Alright, Bellamy. Let me know when you find her." I said and hung up, sighing.

"I knew it. I knew something was wrong." Edward ran his nervous fingers through his blond and already messed up hair. "We shouldn't have let her leave, Cal."

"She's fine, Edward. Calm the bloody hell down and let me think!" I snapped at him before brushing my palms over my face.

If Sierra hadn't arrived in London where could she have been?

I'd watched her get through the security line, so, she should've gotten into the plane.

What if she hadn't? A voice in my head said and I felt fear wash over me.

Then again what if she had? The voice said again.

If she had, why hadn't she called Bellamy to pick her up?

Had she been kidnapped?

Who would've wanted to kidnap my daughter?

There was only one person I could think of at the moment and he had motive to.

I stormed out of the kitchen and grabbed Edward's car keys off the dining table before heading towards the door.

"Where are you going, Cal?" Edward called as he walked into the living room.

"I'm going to have a little chat with a vampire friend of ours. You coming?" I turned back to him and from the way he flared his nose, I knew he'd figured out what I'd meant.

**Aeliana's POV**

"Oh my God!" I shrieked as I spotted Tac on the ground, pale and dead.

"It's gonna be okay, Sab." Maverick turned me away from the gruesome sight.

Sergio had done this to him. Sergio had drained him of all the blood in his body. That was a horrible way to go.

Somehow, even though he was full of vervain, Sergio had freed himself from his shackles and escaped. It was so sad Tac had to be there at the time.

I watched as Trigger and Bullet carried Tac out of the warehouse, trying my best not to break down in tears.

It was so sad to see him so lifeless and I was mad at Sergio for killing him.

All I wanted to do was to hunt Sergio down and stake him for killing Tac.

Tac was my friend, he'd been placed under my care when he was recruited into Dynamick seven months ago and now he was dead. He didn't deserve to die, he was only seventeen.

I couldn't help but think that it could've been me instead of Tac. It was my turn to inject Sergio with the vervain dose but I'd asked Tac to do it as Trigger briefed Maverick and I on some updates on the Thea case.

I should've never let Tac go in my place, at least I might've sprung back to life and even if it meant I would've been exposed for what I was, Tac would've been alive.

"It's not gonna be okay, Maverick." I shook my head in disagreement. "Tac is dead and it's all my fault!"

"It's not your fault, Sabre. It's Sergio's." Maverick pointed out. "We'll find him and make him pay for what he's done. I promise." He assured me, pulling me into a hug but I pushed him back.

I was so angry and sad and the guilt was eating at me too. I wanted to cry and at the same time I wanted to yell. I felt like my head was going to explode and it was getting hard for me to breathe, so, I ran out of the warehouse.

I kept on running and running until I couldn't run anymore, then I fell down on my knees and screamed as loud as I could, holding my head in my hands.

I wanted justice for Tac.

Sergio had to die and I was going to kill him.

"Sabre!" I heard Maverick's voice call in urgency and my head snapped up.

I froze the moment I took in my surroundings, fear crawling up my spine in the moment.

"What the he-" I got cut off by the sound of things crashing down to the ground.

"That's new." Maverick said, walking up to me. He clearly was as shocked as I was.

******************************

Cliff hanger!

I know. It's sorta my thing. Sorry😅

So who's your favorite character so far?

Also, I want to appreciate everyone taking time out to read INCIPIENT. I really love you guys 😘😘😘

Have a great day or a peaceful night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 871 25
IMMORTALIS Over many years ago, the great witch Ravenna has a vision centuries from her time seeing two star crossed lovers outside their bloodline h...
6K 380 22
This is a sequel to Looper, so it won't make much sense unless you read the first one. He came back to haunt you, in a world that was supposed to be...
902 88 47
How do you defeat an enemy you cannot reason with, you cannot hide from, you cannot escape, you cannot kill? For they are not truly alive. *They are...
590 145 30
"I saw you and you were just standing there. I started walking towards you and you-just-just stood there." Stuttered Stiles. "I tapped on your should...