Without You (Hybrid!Harry) (T...

By EnigmaticEcstacy

Louis Tomlinson, an irresponsible, brainy brat receives a furry surprise on his couch. Harry Styles is a pre... More

Without You
1. Pilot
2. Innocence is Intact
3. Bothered Kitty
4. Stop Hissing
6. You Look Happy
7. Brave Kiss
8. Heat Signs
9. Sex Shop Escapade

5. It's Beginning to Look a lot like Awkwardness

2.3K 137 47
By EnigmaticEcstacy

a/n: heyyyy im back. does anyone still read lol? bye love u soo much!!

5. It's Beginning to Look a lot like Awkwardness

"Good morning, class. How's everyone been?" Professor Mr. K of English 1302 asked the class.

Oh good. Just have a kitten hybrid that ended up in my house and we sort of have a bond? I guess. I mean I'm getting there. It's not all bad. He's cute- wait, no. Not cute. Ok- yes cute. But he's a handful. My handful. Ok stop it Louis. So yeah... good.

Louis sat up straighter, jolting from his thoughts and looked around his classmates as if they could hear his thinking. He took a deep breath and pulled out his notes.

"So today is all about poetry," Mr. K said, some people grumbled and others were happy as a response.

Louis was from the latter.

He's always been a fan of poetry even though he didn't seem like the type. He's not visiting coffee shops and writing every minute but when he found time, he did write his feelings and what the day had brought him.

As they wrote for class and the day passed on, he and Eleanor decided to study outside the library, near the courtyard. But before she world arrive, he wanted to FaceTime Harry and see how he was doing.

He called and it ranged two times before a hybrid Harry answered the call. The kitty was currently eating a waffle, Louis observes.

"Hey you good?" Louis asked.

"Yesss!" Harry said with a smile and drank some chocolate milk. He was wearing Louis' oversized hoodie, which covered his ears.

"That's good. What'd you do today so far, doll?"

Harry tilted his head at the word because he hasn't heard that type of terminology yet, "What 'doll' mean?"

Louis blushes and is about to remark with the meaning of the word (try to) but someone covers his eyes and he hears a "Guess who?"

"Eleanor?" Obviously.

"Yeah," she laughed and removed her hands and saw that Louis was on FaceTime with a boy. She waved, "Hello!"

Louis looked back at his phone and Harry was smiling tensely. It looked strained.

"Oh. Uh. Eleanor this is Harry. Harry this is Eleanor," he used hand gestures as Harry waved back.

"Okay Harry well I have to go, see you later," He smiled as Harry smiled back and hanged up.

As Eleanor sat down and placed her purse on the table, she asked, "Who was that?"

"My friend."

Eleanor nodded, "Ah okay. He's really cute."

Louis raised his eyebrows and then, "Yeah. I guess." He nervously laughed it off.

Changing the subject, his voice raised, "So let's get started."

When they were done, he waved bye to Eleanor and let his head lay on the table. He sighed.

Why... was everything getting kind of awkward with Harry... maybe it was on his head.

He shakes his head and gets to the train to get home.

At the house, Harry searched up the word 'doll.' Louis told him that some words were easier to understand on the site "Urban dictionary."

doll
noun
A term used for male and female to use the word as a form of cuteness and flattery towards that person.

Harry's ears perked up so fast that they brought the  hoodie up and to fall behind his head. His eyes widened at the phone in front of him. Louis thought he was cute...?

He squealed happily because being cute to Louis was important... for some reason.

The door opened and Harry stood as if he was trying to steal something, leaving the phone unattended. He eyed the phone.

"Hey," Louis smiled as he hanged his backpack, not feeling like doing the homework now.

"Hi," Harry softly muttered.

"I am starving," he looked in his fridge and found nothing. But then he saw Harry pull out some cooked tacos. They smelled so fucking delicious.

"Here. Harry m-made because Louis tutored right a-after school." He places his hands in front of him, waiting for Louis to respond. Perhaps, to see if he was indeed satisfied.

Louis' mouth watered and his heartbeat fastened, "I didn't even know we had beef and tortillas."

"Louis never check freezer," Harry muttered sassily with a hint of a smile. He mentally high fives himself because Louis seemed relieved and happy.

The older man laughed, "You're right. But," his cheeks suddenly reddened but Harry was oblivious, "Yeah thanks." He pulled out the tacos out of the microwave and placed them on a paper plate. "YouTube helped?"

"Yes," Harry nodded cutely.

"Did you already eat?"

"No. W-waited for L-Louis to come home."

Louis ignored the warm feeling in his chest and stomach. He smiled, "Let's eat."

They sat at the table and ate quietly and while Louis finished his last taco, Harry asked slowly, "So that g-girl on phone was, uh, Eleanor?"

He looked at Harry, who was biting his lip and tilting his head.

Louis answered by finally munching on his last piece and saying, "Yup."

Harry nodded an OK. Harry thought that Eleanor was pretty and she seemed nice.

Louis got up and put all the used glasses in the sink and turned around to find Harry surfing the channels to watch something.
Louis felt bad because Harry didn't go to school and he couldn't take him because he doesn't have an official ID to be a guest at least. He's caged in this house most of the time, so Louis comes to the conclusion that they should go out.

Harry was chewing on gum and laying on the sofa. Louis sat next to him.

"Harry."

The kitten turned and waited for Louis to continue.

"Do you wanna go out?" Louis asked and then rephrased because it sounded wrong  and totally inappropriate this early in their relationship. "I mean... like go to the movies or the store. We can go ahead and buy you new clothes so you don't hog all of mine?" He added a smile to make sure Harry didn't think he was being territorial with his clothes.

"But Harry like Louis' clothing... and smell."

Louis was flabbergasted. He didn't think Harry would actually say that. It wasn't a big deal. No waaaaay.

Not at all.

Laughing quietly, "Well still. You might get tired of it. Maybe you want something more to your style? You know for when we might go for movies or something?"

Oh. So now there's a future with the hybrid... Louis is mentally going unstable.

Harry made an O shape with his lips and Louis tried not to stare. Harry brightened, "Harry do like pink!"

"Exactly. Maybe pick an outfit to you liking and you never know. You might fall in love with it."

Harry began to think. Louis right.

The kitten jumped from the couch. "HARRY GETTING READY."

Louis chuckled and sighed. With the extra tutoring sessions Eleanor had strangle been accommodating, his wallet is packed and ready to be spent. Not really, but the smile on Harry's face is all worth it.

Harry came back with a hoodie covering his ears and Louis' old sweatpants.

"Ready."

"Car or train?"

"You have car?" Harry asked, Louis noticing him not saying his name to address him.

"Yeah I take the train though because I'm never early enough anyway for parking."

"If we go in car, will Louis l-let Harry stick head out?" Harry excitingly asked.

"So now you're a puppy?" Louis grinned. His cheekbones accentuated.

Harry pouted and his eyebrows furrowed. Louis could see the flat ears from under the hoodie. "That not funny."

"Thought you said I was funny," Louis said.

Harry remarked, "Yeah when nice." He crossed his arms.

"I'm kidding. Yeah you can, but only to a certain extent I don't need your head getting cut off."

"Yay," Harry happily ran off to the back, while a already drained Louis sighed. Nonetheless, he was happy.

Louis went to the back to show the 2012 Malibu he had. Wasn't much, but hey, it got him from point A to point B.

"Car pretty."

You're pretty.

"Yeah. Got it as graduation gift."

He opened the door for Harry and went to his side. They put their seatbelts and Louis begins to drive out the parking space.

Harry asks after minutes, "What's g-graduation?"

Louis is driving on the highway when he answers.

"It's when you basically receive a paper that means I can go to college, a higher lever in education than high school... to earn another paper..." Louis turns to look at Harry and stops when he notices Harry smiling so god damn big while sticking his head out and feeling the breeze kick his face and curls. The hoodie is off and the kitten ears are free and all Louis could think was freedom.

He turned back to the road and stayed quiet, letting Harry enjoy his new-found love for the wind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 749 14
Harry is a surrogate for his friends just once, and it completely changes Louis' point of view of having a baby.
349K 16.2K 24
Harry has been living on his own for quite some time now. He’s managed, but sometimes he just wishes maybe he did have someone there to brighten up h...
134K 4.7K 11
In which Louis is a left alone hybrid kitten until Harry finds him shivering in an abandoned alley.
114K 5.5K 12
where a five year old harry styles ends up at the wrong table with the wrong set of pancakes and ends up meeting seven year old louis tomlinson. ©️2...