Halfbreed

By Rosy_Sw33t

It's years into the future and the super natural is no longer the super natural, it's now the normal, but tha... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26(Just a little mature..)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
CHAPTER 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 17

113 14 1
By Rosy_Sw33t

The morning sun woke her from her very comfortable sleep, her eyes squinting from the bright light. Groaning softly, she slowly opened them and giggled to herself, realizing she'd slept the entire night with her familiars. With a soft sigh, Lilith sat up and stretched, making a noise in appreciation when she felt Olive sliding off of Ash's back and onto her shoulders; her tail resting on Liliths right hand and her small head resting on Liliths left. She grinned and pecked the top of her head before gently shaking Ash awake.

"Come on, buddy. Time to go home. I was out past curfew so I'm probably in big trouble right now." She giggled and Ash mewed in response before getting up slowly and stretching out his entire body. Lilith stood as well, climbing onto Ash's back as soon as he was done waking up. Ash nudged her leg affectionately with his nose before slowly walking back in the direction of the camp. The ride was long, but very relaxing. Lilith gazed at the trees they'd passed, watching as the leaves fell off of them, gliding to the ground. Watching as the flowers bloomed in her wake. It was breathtaking, and she wished it never had to end. But it did, unfortunately. Lilith was successful sneaking back into camp without being seen, but entering her cabin was a whole other story.

The moment the door shut a familiar, gorgeous blonde appeared from the hall, his eyes wide with worry and relief. Blinking, she was about to say something before Dallas's expression changed completely. Anger swam in his bright blue eyes, literally, taking Lilith off guard completely.

"Dallas what's-" She started before she was caught off with a fuming Dallas stomping towards her until he was right in front of her.

"Where the hell were you!? I waited here at your cabin last night to make sure you got home safely but you never did!" He started, his voice loud and booming, and frankly, it somewhat terrified her as well as irritated her. Who was he to yell at her for being out?

"Dallas I was-"

"Do you think that since you have all of these cool abilities that you can just wander the woods by yourself?! That you can protect yourself from the monsters lurking, waiting to feed on a half-breed!?" He continued, and Lilith's face grew redder by the second.

"You can't protect yourself enough to be out there alone, Lilith! Some other dangerous freak could have snatched you right up without any probl-"

"Dallas!" She yelled, cutting him off instantly. He stayed quiet, allowing her to speak, though she could tell he wasn't done considering she could clearly see his jaw clenching with anger. Lilith stepped closer to him, looking up at him with her eyes narrowed.

"I'm not a damn kid! I can take care of myself! I never asked for you to come protect me, my father did! And frankly, I don't need the protecting from you considering every time something happens, you're not there and I'm left to fend for myself!" She yelled, and she instantly regretted her words the moment she saw Dallas's face drop slightly, his eyes turning softer. Though she couldn't take it back, she was already too deep.

"I get you're just doing your job, Dallas. But don't treat me like I'm a child. I'm not your little sister." Lilith said, her eyes widening at her last words. That was too far. Dallas's eyes grew sad, hurt, angry as he stepped back. Lilith quickly shook her head and took a step towards him, immediately beginning to apologize.

"No-shit-Dallas I'm sorry I didn't mean-" She started but Dallas only turned around and began towards her door, but without stopping to say something.

"The moment your father gets back I'm done being your protector. I can't protect a filthy, bitchy, Elf." He said, disgust dripping from his voice. Lilith's eyes widened, her heart dropping in her stomach at his words, her mouth agape. But before she could respond, he was already out the door.

Lilith stood in the same spot for a good minute, tears streaming down her face as she repeated his words over and over again in her head, and the way it sounded coming out of his mouth. After a long while, she finally cleared her throat and slowly moved to close the door, but before she could close it all the way, she noticed James and Juno running towards her cabin. Rubbing the tears from her eyes, she opened the door wide once more and squinted.

"Lilith, we need you to come with us." James said once they'd reached the door. Lilith raised her brow and stepped out of her home, beckoning Olive mentally to join her outside. Olive obeyed and moments later was wrapped around her right thigh and hip once more.

"What's wrong? Something happen?" She asked, closing the door behind her as she followed them back to the headquarters of the camp, which is where all the chiefs gather when meeting. James simply shook his head while Juno stayed quiet, which worried her a little bit though she stayed quiet and continued following the Chiefs until they reached the wooden cabin. When they entered, Lilith's eyes widened at the many faces in the small room, some she was familiar with and some she wasn't. Cautiously, she stepped further into the room as Olive tightened herself around her thigh in nervousness.

"What's going on?" She finally asked, breaking the silence that fell upon her arrival. Someone in the back of the room cleared their throat and whispered to the person next to him, but she couldn't make out what they were saying.

"Lilith Sagewater, is it?" A woman asked from beside Shaka. Blinking, Lilith nodded and turned towards the woman. The woman was beautiful, tall and athletic looking, skin pale as snow and eyes bright as the ocean.

"I'm Octavia Thorn, the high priestess of the Kingdom of Krilaviel." She spoke, her voice confident and unwavering as she held out a strong hand for Lilith to take. Lilith blinked and all she could think was 'There's Elven Kingdoms?', though she held that thought back and took the Priestess's hand, shaking it firmly.

"Pleasure to meet you, High Priestess. If you don't mind me asking, why am I here?" Lilith said as their hands dropped back to their sides.

"You're here because of your parents, Lilith." A male said from behind the Priestess. Lilith raised a brow and looked at him, noticing he was wearing a full body of armor. Not metal armor like you see in the movies, but leather and chain as well as other materials she'd never seen before put together to create a protective, and very heavy looking, kind of armor.

"My apologies, Ms. Sagewater. My name is Theodas Pertris, head commander of the Krilaviel military. You're here because the camp your parents went on a mission to was attacked a week ago, a few days after we sent your parents out on that mission. We've yet to hear back from them since." The commander stated, causing Lilith's eyes to widen and heart to drop in fear as she glanced over at Shaka.

"B-But Shaka told me-" She started by Shaka shook his head and Juno ended up stepping in for him.

"We told you that to not worry you, but considering the time it's been since we've last heard from your parents, we decided it was time to tell you the truth." Lilith stayed silent for a moment, her head beginning to pound and her chest beginning to squeeze as she took the news in.

"Lilith-" James started but she instantly cut him off.

"Which camp did they go to?" She demanded, her voice shaky as she held back tears, fearing for her parents lives.

"Lilith we-"

"Which camp were they located at?" She repeated, her voice louder and more demanding as her cuff began to glow along with the veins in her arm, the bright light peering through her sleeves. She heard gasps travel across the room, but she ignored them, her eyes locked on the commanders. The commander sighed and opened his mouth to speak.

"They were located at the Moonlight camp in the west." He finally said. Lilith nodded and turned to leave but her arm was caught by James hand, pulling her back.

"Lilith, you need to stay within the camp lines, you can't go out there alone." He said, somewhat pleading. Lilith narrowed her eyes at him and yanked her arm from his grasp.

"My parents are out there, probably in need of help. I'm not going to just sit here idly and not do anything. I'm going and you can't do anything to stop me." She hissed and moved towards the doors once more, but before she could reach out to open them, two warriors moved to block her path, swords out and ready to fight if needed. Lilith sighed and glanced back at James, who had his arms crossed and eyes narrowed. Rolling her eyes, she looked back at the two warriors and before they could react, she'd knocked the swords out of both of their hands, startling them for a second, but as soon as they recovered, Lilith kicked the back of one guy's leg, knocking him to the ground. She pressed her boot hard against his chest to keep him from getting up. The other guy moved to grab his sword again but before he could Lilith flicked her wrist and her sword was in her hand in a flash, pressed against the warriors neck while Olives sharp fangs were pressed against the neck of the Warrior on the ground, ready to bite down on command. Lilith looked back at James and was satisfied to see the shocked look on his face as well as everyone else's, but before anyone could say anything, the large doors to the cabin opened, grabbing everyone's attention as the face of Dallas and Luke appeared. Dallas was the first one to react, his eyes wide at the sight of Lilith with the two Warriors in her grasp. The moment Lilith's eyes met with his, her heart burned even more, tears pooling at her vision once again, but before he could say anything, Lilith deactivated her sword and pushed the two men to the ground, before taking off in a run out of the cabin, pushing past Dallas and Luke as she did so.

"Wait, Lilith-" Dallas started but she ignored him and continued running, mentally calling out to Ash as she did so. No more than a second later, Ash was running out of the trees and towards her, falling into step with Lilith and allowing her to pull herself up and over the large mountain lion. As they entered the woods, she could faintly hear Dallas call her name once more, but it was drowned out as she was engulfed in leaves. Take me to the camp on the West, bud. My parents are in trouble. She spoke mentally to her main familiar, and in response, he grunted loudly and changed direction, picking up speed. As he did so, all Lilith could think about was her parents, and if they were already gone. If they were already forced out of her life. A single tear slipped out of her eye and into the chilly air, disappearing with the wind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.3K 7K 33
Ariella doesn't want to love a human, they have ruined her world, tried to steal from her, taken those she loved away from her and made her life diff...
24 2 13
⚠️THIS STORY IS RATED 13+⚠️ What if shapeshifters actually existed? Sabrina, a young shapeshifter, has been a victim of what it truly is to be a shap...
15.4K 1K 27
(Sequel to Shapeshifter: A Shifter Novel) Skyler Everheart had discovered that she is a cursed child and not a miracle baby like they had all though...