Fragile Hearts

By ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... More

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 43

1.6K 168 53
By ShonaLover

Varna was running after her life.Trying to catch her.She smiled at her.Her face looked bright.Varna wanted to stop her.Ramya was being naughty.She slowed down.Varna caught her breath.Glaring at Ramya.She caught her tightly.Showing anger through eyes.Ramya was still smiling at her.She didnt say anything.Varna wished to give her punishment.She wasnt goign tot ake.Her smiles today.She was angry at her.

V-"Ramya Shetty you are mean.How dare you.Leave me.

No come back.Ramya you will.What Varna is."

Ramya was smiling.Her face showed no anger.Just one emotions.Her lips widened with smile.She was dressed.In plain white.Varna was in black.Ramya touched Varna's hands.Kissed it and let her.Touch her face.Varna shut her eyes.She was verge of breaking down.Ramya caught her.Wiped her tears.

V-"Cant do this.This is cheating.We came together.This world.

Wont let you go.Anywhere.Do you hear me."

R-"This is rul eof world Varna.We cant stop.Whats coming.

Should always accept.What life has for us."

V-"Im not going.To accept anything.Why always me.

I cant face anymore.You are only.One who belonged to me.Ramya no.

Dont leave me.First our mother.Now I wont.Let this happen."

R-"Im happy Varna.I met Amma.She is like me.Happy and full of life.

You have gone after Appa.Varna I have come.Left that world.You have to be strong.

Please Varna."

V-"No you hear me.I said no.Why should I always.Listen to you.Why I have to.

Fulfill promises.Always and not you.Come back."

Varna's voice was slowing down.She fell down.On knees crying.Loudly catching her hair.Ramya smiled.Her eyes were teary.She made Varna face her.Varna didnt want.To listen anything.She caught Ramya.Not wanting to leave her.She begged her.

R-"My life was beautiful.Got everything.I desired for.Now its also beautiful.

Dont hurt me.Varna by hurting yourself.Remember.Im part of you.

Varna is part of Ramya.Have to live life.for a part of me."

V-"No I wont live your life.Get it.Go away.

Not talking with you.Always cheat me.Go away Ramya."

R-"You will realize Varna.Whatever happened was written.Someday.

I wish.You take whats yours.Varna's life.Will always be.Connected to Ramya's."

Varna kept on crying.She realized Ramya was gone.She vanished.Leaving her alone.Face world alone.She cried till her heart.Dried off with deep pain.Varna didnt knew.Meaning of Ramya's words.She was not in position.Think about anything else.her life was ending.She felt.Dizzy and imbalanced.

V-"Ramyaa stop."

Varna woke up with.Shouting Ramya's name.She was sweating.She found her hand.In air.With no one around.In her room.Her face has gone white.She looked around.Ramya wasnt there.Her eyes fell on their pictures.On wall.She caught her head.Paining and remembered.Ramya coming.Her face smiling.She heard her voice.Varna wanted to threw everything.Away from her view.

V-" Wont forgive you Ramya.Never for leaving me.

I hate you."

Ramya's last rites were done.With heavy heart.dressed in white all were.Outside house.Men came back.Reyansh and Vikram helped Prakash.Sit with women giving.Condolences to weeping Karuna.Big frame of Ramya's.Kept on hall.Garland on it.her smiling face has left.World no one.Could take it.Vivaan sat in one corner.Away from everyone.Looking lost.He hasnt shed single tear.Since came from hospital.He has left Ramya.He didnt speak word.Vikram asked Reyansh.To go to him.

R-"Anna need to rest.Let me take.You to room."

Vivaan give cold look.To Reyansh.His eyes were red.Reyansh didnt knew.How to console him.He has seen love.Between lovers.Strong and how deeply.Vivaan loved Ramya.He wouldnt imagine.His brother becoming.Like this.Vivaan moved Reyansh's hand.From his shoulder.Left from room.Getting eyes on him.Reyansh wanted to stop.Till Vikram hold him.Vivaan needs time.

K-"Evening has come.Prakash bp has gone high.He is sleeping.After taking pill.

What should I do.With this girl.She hasnt spoken word.Since came to know.News.

Varna is sitting.Like stone.She will die too."

Karuna bust into tears.In Shivani's arms.They have seen Varna.Shakthi brought her.Home in a dreadful state.They were told.She fainted.Soon she saw Ramya's lifeless body.All forced her to come near.Varna pushed everyone.Her eyes went blank.Not shedding tears.She run upstairs.Closing door of room.She didnt see.Ramya for last time again.

Sh-"Have to be strong.Now for Varna too.She must be pained.

Sisters were too close."

Lata was trying to console.Pranush crying loud.He didnt knew.His demand for mother.Couldnt be fulfilled.He came to world.Didnt knew.Had to face this.New born needs mother.Most and he couldnt.helped by anyone.Karuna caught her head.Shivani took her grandson.Trying to talk to him.Making him understand.They tried feeding him.From bottle.His face gone red.Due to crying.

L-"How will he survive.Without mother's care.Warmth at this stage.

Why did he get punished.Ramya was an angel.Why is she taken.Away so soon."

K-"Our girl.Was blessing.We knew she had weak heart.

Looks like.We were demanding too much.She left.Too soon.Burdening us."

Next morning guests.Were coming.Give condolences.Prakash was coughing.He had fever.They stayed back.In Reddys place.No one was in state.Go on their own.Vivaan was back.Early morning.No one knew.Where he was gone.When he came.Till he attended.Prayer after taking shower.he was talking.If necessary.Varna's health.Worsened after she fainted.She was burnign with fever.Taking Ramya's name.Doctor advised her.Eat something.

N-"I think we need to.Take him hospital.If condition.Gets bad.

Rey he is just days old.So small."

Nandini hid her tears.Pranush was on her lap.Having fever from night.Whole night.Couldnt sleep.Seeing small baby sufferring.One side.Varna was moaning in pain.baby cried whole night.Reyansh held her.His heart pained.See his nephew.Like that too.Vivaan came to room.Nandini was about to.Put Pranush back to his cradle.Ramya's wish was.See her baby there.Vivaan stopped her.Taking his son.In his hold.He made face.Crying when Vivaan cradled him.Shutting his eyes in pain.His cried tore his heart.

R-"Anna we have to take him.Hospital if fever doesnt.Come down.

Dont worry."

N-"Yes I have talked with.My senior.Who is very good.

With babies.He will be fine."

Reyansh and Nandini looked.Each other.Vivaan was busy.Rubbing Pranush's back.He didnt say word.

V-"Nothing will be fine now.He has to suffer.

Till he becomes.Strong to realize.His mother is not.Here to handle.His antics"

Vivaan's voice cracked.Remembering talks with Ramya.He wanted her.Pamper their baby.Like he did with her.He promised.To her.He will do same.Pranush was only.Light of his life now.He wont lose her.He will do anything.for him.Be it living normal life.

Karuna held Varna's shoulders.Shaking her strongly.Shaivani saw that.She didnt believe her eyes.Girl has become so hard.She needed to cry.Her face still white.Dark circles under her eyes.She was looking in lost direction.Karuna slapped her.Shivani stopped her.

K-"Cant you see.Your Appa is sick.Im not able.Handle anything.

Varna you have to eat.Cry to become normal.Kill me then.I cant.

Beg you to stop this."

Varna frowned.Still sitting like stone.Shut her eyes.Feeling dizzy and weak.She gulped down.Hard pain.her body was shivering.Shivani took Karuna's place.Touching Varna's hands.Felt them cold.

Sh-"Varna we have to accept.Decision made.Cant become statue.Have to live.

For Ramya.For your family.They have broekn down.You have to hold them."

She tried to give her food.tray remained untouched.Karuna shouted at her.She tried every possible thing.Varna was adamant.On her stand.Pain shocked her to such.Limit she wasnt.Normal anymore.Whole house was.Worried for her.Pranush was crying.He wasnt having.Milk from morning.Nandini made calls.Hospital for taking him there.When Shivani took him.Pacifying him.

She brought Pranush to Varna's room.Karuna looked at her.Confused.Lata and Nandini came there too.Shivani made crying Pranush.Throwing his hands and legs.Closer to Varna.She kept him on bed.His cries reached Varna's ears.Shivani observed both.baby and girl sitting.Varna's eyes shifted to baby.He has become red.With fever and crying.Pranush didnt knew.When he touched Varna.She shut her eyes.Something tore inside her.She couldnt stop.Her heart.

R-"Whenever I need you.Will be there.Promise me Varna.

I will be angry with you.bad sister."

Varna felt pained.Remembering Ramya's face.Angry at her.She remembered.Everything her anger.At her.After marriage for losing.Contact with her.Moments they shared.Ramya's touch.Their hugs.Last her heart.Felt stabbed to death.When she realized.She didnt get chance.See Ramya last time.Meet her and hug her.Tightly.Ramya left her hands.Breaking promise.Which they came to world together.Eevrything went silent.In room.Only Varna's loud.Cries were heard.Her pain in voice.Made everything feel.Miserable and couldnt believe their eyes.

Varna was hugging Pranush.Closer to her heart.Crying loudly.Her moans.Were heard whole house.Karuna broke down again.Shivani gave smile.Through tears.Her heart knew this would work.Ramya's last bond.Could make her.Most precious bond.Awake from grief.She touched Varna's head.Varna's sobs didnt stop.She looked at baby.Who was in grief.Like her.She kissed him.Pranush stopped crying.Shocking everyone.He felt he was.In safe place.He hid his face in Varna's bosom.He couldnt take.Longer his hunger.Shivani gave bottle.To Varna.She looked at her.With questionable eyes.

Vivaan went to get his things.He was going.To take Pranush hospital.Went to Nandini.She wasnt in her room.he heard loud cries of.His son.He wanted to go there.Stopped by some feeling.He shut his eyes.Standing few steps away from room.Everyone went to.He has gathered himself.After lot of.Struggles and difficulties.He wont be able to.See same face.His Ramya's face.He remembered this only.When felt someone hand on shoulder.Shakthi gave knowing look.Vivaan have seen him yesterday.Too but he didnt stay long.

Sh-"Hope you are alright.Know what you must be.Going through.

Be strong Vivaan."

V-"Thanks.All are inside.

Can go."

Both heard voice.Varna was crying.Loudly and Shakthi rushed.To room leaving Vivaan.confused to go or not.He caught his head.Till he reached room.Pranush was taken there.He didnt knew.Didnt like.He went to take him back.His health was.Be treated at any cost.When he stopped on door.Shakthi was there too.Step ahead than him.Their eyes caught.Soothing sight.Varna's face.Drenched in tears.She was breathing.Heavily and Pranush.Was in her lap.She kept on crying.Feeding baby with bottle.Vivaan was shocked.See his son.Calmly having his meal.When he tried he didnt.

Week has passed the incident.Slowly all trying to forget.Which wasnt possible.Prakash and Karuna went to.Their house in Hynderabad.They wished stay.Till Prakash and Varna's health.gets better.Karuna gave milk to Prakash.When they heard.Varna's voice.She was going upstairs.To her room.Her face had faint smile.Slowly lulling Pranush to sleep.It was miracle.For everyone.Seeing speedy recovery.To infant who was.At worsened health.

Varna's love and care.Made him better.When they came to this house.Varna didnt wish.Leave him behind.She knew she had no right.Shivani's decision.Made everyone lip tight.No one said.Except Vivaan who was.Groaning from inside.He didnt wish to send.His son away.To someone else.Burdening her and he tried.Talking with his mother.For some time.Everyone suggested it was better.Varna handles Pranush.He is better with her.She is only one.Who handle him.

Reddys made visits.Everyday to house.See Pranush.Nandini and Reyansh.Shivani and Vivaan came too.Vikram spent time.With Prakash.Vivaan wasnt happy.Seeing Varna spending.Time with his son.He wasnt sure.If he should let this happen.In his heart.One thing disturbed him.No one should take Ramya's place.Pranush was their son.Varna didnt talk with anyone.Her days and nights.Were busy with baby.She felt him.Giving breath to her.Shakthi felt awkward.Paying visits.He sat with Prakash and others.What hurt him.Seeing Varna behave.She has lost sister.He understood.He didnt knew.What place he holds.In her life.

2 weeks passed like that.Pranush's health is.Fine now.He was healthy baby.Varna was giving him bottle.Upstairs kissing him.Playing with him.He smiled at her.He was happy.In her hold.Gave him warmth craved for.Doorbell rang.Karuna opened to see.Vivaan standing with unsure face.He greeted her.Touching her feet.Came inside see Prakash.He touched his feet.His eyes went to.Ramya's picture.After while he was sitting.Karuna gave him glass of water.

Vivaan felt his hands.Wet and he was confused.Say matter he came for.He looked at stairs.Up in the room.Asked for Pranush.He didnt come for two days.Truth was he couldnt bear.See sight his won.With Varna.Unknowingly it pricked him.He glared at stairs.Karuna saw that.Vivaan shut his eyes.She informed him.How Pranush was better.Telling him what he does whole day.At nights how he wakes up.Sleeps and plays.Vivaan couldnt bear.Hear about his son.He was born.Few days ago.He should be with him.He was only thread.He could hold on to.

V-"Aththai I come here.Say something.

Appa I want to.take Pranush back.To his home."

Prakash and Karuna.Shared confused look.They knew.Were expecting too much.It was true they.Lived seeing baby's face.Still fresh wounds.Were from Ramya's demise.Vivaan made hard face.With frown keeping glass on table.He got up.Karuna and Prakash too.

K-"Vivaan I know.How you feel.We lost our daughter too.

But Pranush.He feels good here.With Varna.How will he live."

V-"He has to live Aththai.His father is there for him.His whole family.

For how long.This continue.Some day he has.To be back.So why not.Today please.Get him here.

I have to leave."

Prakash asked Karuna call varna.She has seen Varna.Showering love and affection.To infant and.Love was for her sister.Ramya's going have left.Deep impact on Varna.Karuna felt relieved see.Pranush was healing her wounds.Now she didnt knew.How she will handle.Once he is gone.She didnt have heart.Go and tell her.She wiped her tears.She turned around see.Varna standing in staircase.Vivaan and Praksh saw her too.Vivaan glared not giving her look.What Varna did next.Shocked them.She run upstairs.Closing door of room.Falling down sliding her body through door.She cried and went to.Pick Pranush in her arms.She kissed him.

She didnt stop.Showering kisses on him.Till heard knocks on door.Karuna first.Then Prakash's voice came.She didnt open door.Hugging baby close to her.She shut her eyes.He was Ramya's symbol to her.She cant let him go.

Sh-"Varna open door.What behavior is this."

She opened eyes.Hearing Shakthi's voice.She was in disheveled state.Shakthi was startled see her.Hugging baby like that.His face softened.When Varna could see.Vivaan from back.Glaring at her.He went to her.Crossing Shakthi.Who tried to stop him.Varna glared at him.With red eyes.Both had some deep.Emotion towards each other.Vivaan took baby.From her and hugged him.Kissing his head.He turned back.Leaving for home.Till he heard thud.Noise and found.Vara lying unconscious on floor.

..............................................................................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

807 75 6
Join me on this journey of Vivaan and Avni to see them fall in love and face the various obstacles that come in their way. Copyright © 2024 freelanc...
13K 1.2K 24
A short story A story of two brave military personnel from different armed forces. A Combat Medic and A Navy Officer. A regular love story with a p...
104K 3.6K 31
A Shivika Rikara Rumya SS + Priveer It's a short story revolving how the four couple realize their love for each other..
207K 9.4K 52
Aditya is a modern architect. Looking forward for a love marriage. Vaidhehi is a homely girl who loves to spread positivity They cross each others pa...