ᴅɪsᴘᴇʟ ᴍʏ ʙᴏʀᴇᴅᴏᴍ | ᴍᴀʀᴀᴅᴇᴜʀs...

By sombertzen

"maybe I'm looking for a little danger" "well, stick a needle in your ass" ↪ WARNING: slight au, some details... More

[Intro]
Chapter 1: Resumption
Chapter 2: The Game Begins
Chapter 3: The Right of the First Strike
Chapter 4: Detention
Chapter 5: Business offer
How Emily and Remus first met
Chapter 6: Naked Truth
Chapter 7: A Little Journey
Chapter 8: The Empire Strikes Back
Chapter 9: Revelation
Chapter 10: Halloween
Chapter 11: Reconciliation
Invitation for Amelie
Chapter 13: The Christmas Ball p.1
Chapter 14: The Christmas Ball p.2
Chapter 15: The Dark Times
Chapter 16: Place Your Bets
Chapter 17: After St. Valentine's Day
Chapter 18: The Origin of Werewolves
How Lily Evans fell in love for the first time
Chapter 19: Trump Card
Chapter 20: Peter Pettigrew's choice
Chapter 21: Forest of Dean
Chapter 22: Got you, Black!
Chapter 23: Adventure Time
Chapter 24: Midnight Deal
Chapter 25: Pawns
How Sirius Black learned to fly
Chapter 26: The Belt of Sirius Black
Chapter 27: Career Day
Chapter 28: Victims
Chapter 29: Anchor
Chapter 30: Shapeshifters
Winners
Chapter 31: Werewolves attack
Chapter 32: Hard Cases
Chapter 33: Hogwarts Brothel
Chapter 34: Lynch Law
Chapter 35: The Trap for Potions Master
First lesson
Chapter 36: Bindweed
Chapter 37: An Eye for An Eye
Chapter 38: Expelled
Chapter 39: Confetti for Hogwarts
Chapter 40: A Girl from Nowhere
Chapter 41: Post-Mortem
Chapter 42: Malfoy Masquerade
Chapter 43: Farewell Party
Chapter 44: The Right Side?
Chapter 45: Confrontation
Chapter 46: Plans for Holidays
Chapter 47: Blackshire
Chapter 48: Their Little Secret
Chapter 49: Gone
Chapter 50: Little Bird in a Big Cage
Chapter 51: Family Issues
Chapter 52: Entertainment For A Pureblood
Chapter 53: Help from Unexpected Sources
Chapter 54: Following The Trail
Chapter 55: Reason To Live
Chapter 56: Parting Gift
Chapter 57: The Hunt Begins
Chapter 58. Game of Survival
Chapter 59: Salvation
Chapter 60. Family reunion
Chapter 61: Comeback
Chapter 62: New Life
Chapter 63: The Last Prank
Chapter 64: AB revealed
Chapter 65: Farewell
Epilogue 1: Lily and James, June 1980
Epilogue 2: Remus and Emily, November 1980
Epilogue 3 : Lucius and Narcissa, February 1981
Epilogue 4: Peter and Eliza, October 1981
Epilogue 5: Sirius, November 1981

Chapter 12: Hatred

223 5 0
By sombertzen

"Black! Dammit," Beata hissed, trying to catch up with Sirius, who had disappeared behind the next turn just a second ago. "Padfoot!"

The guy slowed down and turned in surprise. "Sprinkles, I don't have time to explain again why you should admit that you're in love with me. I'm in a hurry."

"I noticed. Hell, I hoped you'd give me another chance," Beata sighed and then smirked at Sirius's skeptical face. "Last night, when I couldn't sleep-"

"Merlin! Spare me from describing your adventures!"

"I'm not Merlin, Black, although I think the guy was a hell of a himbo... What was I saying? Oh, I decided to look out the window-"

"There are no windows in the Slytherin dungeons."

"But there are doors through which you can go out into the hallway leading to the rooms where the windows are," Beata replied, rolling her eyes.

"So what?"

"I'm not the only one who wasn't sleeping tonight. A very suspicious dark figure ran from the changing rooms towards the castle with something like a broom."

Black's face cleared.

"But, judging by yells of your horned friend, this broom was his most precious, incomparable and unique broomstick, right?" Beata smiled innocently.

"Do you know where it is?" Black jumped to the Slytherin, grabbing her by the elbows. She automatically yanked her hands back and sharply raised her leg bent at knee. Poor Sirius doubled, slowly settling to the floor.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't calculate the power of the blow," Sprinkles' voice was sympathetic, but her eyes were frankly laughing. "I wanted to follow after that funny broom thief, but... Wow."

Sirius recovered and rose from the floor. Outside, braided with a charmingly-repulsive pink ribbon, James's broom floated in the air. Potter himself, loudly swearing and cursing, ran down the pitch and was already pulling out his wand, shouting Accio.

"I need to see this," predatory smile on Beata's face.

"Hey! Wait for me! Oh, what a..." Black staggered after the Slytherin, wincing from pain.

✨✨✨

"Why. Is it. Pink?!" James once again cursed at unknown, but obviously very creative personality.

Sprinkles, unceremoniously pushing through the crowd, whistled when she saw James's broom in a new guise. Snarky remark was ready to fly off her lips, but when she looked at James's face, she restrained herself with an incredible effort of will.

Lacquered handle and entire shaft of the broom were covered with small hearts and moving inscriptions. They glowed and crawled on each other forming phrases like "James Potter - my love", "James Potter, AB will never forget you", "It's impossible not to admire you, James!".

Pink ribbons lay on the ground, ruthlessly ripped off by the Gryffindor, uncontrollable in his rage. But suddenly screaming very humanly, bright scraps flew into the air and then again "attacked" the shaft, braiding it in every possible way. The iridescent lilac-pink twigs in the tail of dyed broom occasionally flinched and released small crimson bubbles with a persistent aroma of roses.

"I need a new broom!" James stormed to the center of a small circle, while his whole team and other casual spectators were looking at the shame and crushing fall of the Gryffindor king. "How can I show this to Slytherins? How?! Game is in ten minutes!"

Sirius kept looking at the broom, panic in his eyes mixed with gradually growing animal hatred.

Beata, unable to stand it anymore, burst out laughing, "Easy, guys. Even if you hide this masterpiece from my house, I will give them my memory for Pensieve. Learn how to lose!"

"Sprinkles!" James rushed in fury to the Slytherin, but tall figure of Professor McGonagall suddenly rose between him and cheekily laughing girl.

Head of house looked thoughtfully at the broom from handle to tail, her lips twitched and her eyes became noticeably darker, but she didn't show either her surprise or irritation.

"Mr. Potter, I'll be very grateful if you begin to express yourself as senior student should. What an example you're settling!" professor's voice rose menacingly.

"But, professor," James looked helplessly at the broom. "Do you see - "

"Yes, I do. New, um, image doesn't quite match your usual style -"

"Doesn't match?! Usual style? Professor, do you -"

"Mr. Potter, watch your tone!"

"I beg your pardon, professor. But I urgently need a new broom."

"You know perfectly well, Potter, that you can take any of our school brooms," professor said gently, but noticing James's grimace, she added, "Although, of course, they don't match the level of speed you may need."

"Yeah, exactly," Beata chuckled. "It's easier to make a stone fly than that junk."

"Miss Sprinkles, what are you doing here?"

"Aesthetic pleasure, professor," the Slytherin instantly reacted. "I get an aesthetic pleasure from contemplating such... unique creations, as well as their lucky owners."

McGonagall only shook her head, turning back to James.

"Can I get a broom from someone else? Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff?"

"Theoretically it's possible, Mr. Potter," McGonagall hesitated, "but someone else's broom will require adjusting for you. Especially though nominally brooms are not living objects but, like magic wands, they don't like being touched by wrong hands. If your friends had suitable brooms-"

"Would you give your broom, for example, to me, James?" Beata utterly tactlessly interrupted Professor McGonagall again.

"For you, only the Draught of Living Death," the Gryffindor grumbled.

"Pretty generous," Sprinkles smirked. "But I'm afraid by the time you make more or less decent Draught of Living Death, I'll die of natural death."

"Miss Sprinkles," the voice of head of Gryffindor became cold as ice. "In the muggle section of the library, there is a book called Etiquette and basic norms of behavior in civilized society. Don't be surprised. It's specially written for students like you. By next Thursday you personally, personally!" professor raised her index finger, "will retell me the first three chapters. Am I making myself clear?"

The Slytherin nodded in reply. Her eyes were frozen with all the agony of the world at once. Sirius, standing near to Beata, slyly smiled but remained silent, fearing his head of house.

"Mr. Potter," McGonagall said softly, "I'm afraid you'll have to accept situation and use what you have."

"But... Professor! Honor of Gryffindor team can suffer, and... what if it's enchanted?"

"Don't worry, I've already called Professor Flitwick and Professor Berch - they'll check your broom for dark and other spells. And you," she turned to the crowd, "take your places in the stands and don't bother Mr. Potter while he's preparing for upcoming match."

"And one more thing," McGonagall added gently, looking at dejected James, "being strong when everyone around you is applauding in advance is easy. But to be strong when everyone is against you - much more difficult. So, prove to your offenders, James, that you are much worthier than those who come up with such stupid jokes."

James looked at her for some time, then nodded confidently. He was ready.

✨✨✨

"Beata?" Emily stared at her friend in surprise. "What are you doing here? You never go to Quidditch."

"Came to admire magnificent game," Sprinkles rejoiced. "I feel like this isn't the end!"

"What is it about?" Remus asked, leaning to Black's ear.

"You'll see," he said grimly.

Fans in the stands shouted slogans and sang hymns. Everybody was looking forward to fascinating performance - after all, the game Gryffindor vs Slytherin couldn't be boring. Hubbub above the Quidditch pitch probably reached even centaurs in the Forbidden Forest.

Players entered the pitch, mounted their brooms and one after another took off into the air. Procession of Gryffindor players lacked only the captain of the team.

James was the last, despite the fact that Madam Hooch announced him at the very beginning. Uncertainly mounting his broom, he lifted into the air.

As he approached the fans, the voices gradually subdued. Everybody looked at what James was sitting at. Parker's eyebrows rose slowly. Remus unconsciously clinging to his hair froze with a raised hand.

Emily's eyes flashed and then she opened her mouth to say something.

"Emily, don't," Remus whispered, glancing at Sirius.

"Hmm, pink... Very... delicate color. And what do you prefer, Black?" Remus closed his eyes wearily.

Sirius slowly turned to the girl and coldly answered, "Combination of white and black, Parker. Perfect for dead men and for you."

Emily rolled her eyes and Beata bit her hand so as to not burst out laughing.

Madam Hooch announced the beginning of bloody duel. Quaffle rose into the air and both teams jerked to the center, splintering into an incomprehensible tangle of red-green lightning. What happened next plunged the audience into hysterical laughter and most Gryffindors into uncontrollable fury.

Repulsive, squeaky voice, blocking the roar of the fans and commentator's words, spread over the stands.

James groaned when he fully realized what was going on. As he had feared earlier, AB couldn't only disfigure his broom.

"Oh Merlin!" a voice said. "When did you grow your ass, Potter? Do you have any idea what it takes me to lift you into the air? You're stupid idiot!"

Ringing silence that enveloped the stands reminded a calm before the storm - terrible and irresistible storm.

"What, are you frozen? Do you think it's easier for me to hold your weight hanging in the air than on the fly? Use your eyes! Look, Quaffle is on your right. It's falling already, butterfingers! Are you going to throw it in the hoop or not? Merlin! Anyone? Mr. Malfoy, well, at least maybe you can save the situation?"

The broom was talking. The same nice and pink broom, which released multicolored bubbles during the flight that floated everywhere, amusingly bursting. The one at which none other than James Potter was sitting.

Reddened either with shame or rage, disheveled, trembling with anger and humiliation, the Chaser and the captain of Gryffindor team, didn't know where to put his eyes, only to not look at Slytherins. He knew that the moment, when everyone would understand what's the matter, was not far.

In a second, the stands exploded. Slytherins applauded as best they could. Someone waved a wand, releasing a green ribbon that formed words "AB, we love you!" Malfoy, looking dumbfounded at the broom of his rival, burst out laughing, wiping tears from his eyes.

Gryffindors were casting hateful looks at Slytherins. One of the Beaters shook a bat in his hand, looking unequivocally toward Slytherin team. They just outstretched their hands, not even trying to restrain laughter.

McGonagall rose to her full height in the stands and was explaining something loudly, trying to calm her students.

Ravenclaws laughed, apologetically spreading their arms when they met James's eyes. Some of them looked with interest at the broomstick, waving their wands as if trying to figure out the formula of the spell. Hufflepuffs giggled, barely suppressing a loud laugh.

When everyone more or less calmed down, Madam Hooch strengthened her voice with a spell and announced that the game was in process and that she didn't see anything particularly interesting in what was happening.

But the broom didn't stop.

"So, incomparable James Blotter, ugh, Rotter, ugh, what's the difference! Mr. Wide Ass steals the Quaffle! But what is it ahead? Oh Merlin, Bludger is rushing at us at full speed, but does it matter? The head of James Snotter took stronger blows! Soooo... Goal! Incredible! Toss Quaffle in the goal post unprotected by Keeper, for he bent in a fit of laughter at the sight of menacingly approaching Snotter - what a unique technique!"

Stands were crying, even some Gryffindors wiped tears of laughter from their eyes. Not to mention the Slytherins, who agreed to each new replica of the broom.

James, pursing his lips and not paying attention to annoying comments, already rushed after the Quaffle. He desperately tried to focus on the game. But one nasty thought spinning in his brain seemed to drill his melting confidence from within: Lily! Lily sees it all! It was truly unbearable, but he still tried to convince himself that he could stand up against all the attacks and that would prove that the Gryffindors ain't so easy.

"And one more Quaffle! But what is this? Interception! Delightful in his elegance and inexpressible manner of playing, Nott takes the Quaffle from gaping Snotter! Ouch! This fool is breaking my twigs! Well, beware!"

The broom suddenly shuddered from the handle to the tail and let out a whole swarm of colored balls that lined up in the air and recited in nasty voices, "AB says hello, James Potter. Admit your defeat or you'll see that all this is just the beginning!"

Then bubbles exploded, wrapping unlucky James from head to foot with violet pollen. Bursting balls let out a certain amount of paint, making James blend harmoniously with his own broom. Growling, the Gryffindor sharply dived down, jumped off the broom and furiously went to the exit from the pitch.

The nasty voice didn't stop, "My poor little boy! You give up so quickly! But all is not lost yet - you can always hit the enemy in your new, improved way! Personally, I would've, out of pity, just flew to the side, giving you at least some chance to throw the Quaffle in the goal post. Sure, I understand that even this won't help you, but... Ouch! He's breaking me again!"

Madam Hooch whistled, announcing time-out.

"Mr. Potter," McGonagall, who suddenly materialized in the changing room, hissed at James. "Who do you think should replace you and defend the honor of the team?"

"The one who did it, professor!" he said angrily. "Freaking honor?! They made me a miserable object of ridicule!"

"We will definitely find the culprit-"

"Yeah?! Like all previous times?"

"Mr. Potter! I didn't continue your battle with AB. I didn't arrange the visit to Forbidden Forest for students! Yes, I'm perfectly aware of this. What were you thinking when you endangered students?! If it were not for Albus, Mr. Potter, you wouldn't have studied here!"

"I'm sorry, professor," James said humbly, biting his lip with anger and helplessness.

"Professor! I'll replace James," a familiar voice came from behind them.

"Mr. Lupin, you? But-"

"I can do it. I'm his best friend - broom will take me without much trouble."

"Moony?"

"Professor, if you'll excuse us, James will give me some advice on the game."

"Of course, of course. Merlin, Lupin! You can't imagine how grateful I am!" Professor McGonagall smiled quite unusually and, in sudden fit of affection, patted Remus on the shoulder.

"What's up with her?" James stared in surprise at the departing head of house.

"Who knows," Remus shrugged. "Maybe made a bet with Slughorn on our victory."

"Moony, pal, are you sure?"

"Not really," Lupin replied embarrassedly. "But Emily said that with reaction and coordination I possess thanks to my... my... feature," Lupin winced, "I can be a good Chaser."

"I hate to agree with your gloomy girlfriend, but she's right about that. If it were not for absolute lack of passion, you would've been a great player."

"You know, James, all this noise and hubbub is not my thing. But you haven't found substitute player yet, as far as I know, and who after that will decide to switch with you."

"But you did," James said, shaking his head.

"I don't care about AB's caustic comments, I heard enough from other students back in those years when after each full moon my face looked like pressed mince."

"We'll see about that," the broom commented.

"Will you shut up, huh?"

"Prongs, don't," Lupin said gently. "So, what about advice?"

"Um, tactic is as follows. Watch out for the Quaffle - as soon as you see that one of the Beaters aims at the Slytherin bastard's head, fly closer and wait. The Slytherin will try to pass the Quaffle to his partner, but you shouldn't let him do it. Either fly across or leave it to the closest Chaser. And don't try to take the Quaffle away just before it's thrown into the goal post - you'll just lose time and energy. Besides, if Keeper deflects the Quaffle, it will certainly be much easier to intercept than to pull out of hands. And one more thing, use fraudulent moves - like, if you fly at full speed to the right hoop, the Keeper will move and open the left and partially the middle one. Then, you'll have to not miss the moment and abruptly change the direction, so that the Keeper wouldn't have time to change position. But I wouldn't advise doing this - you don't have the experience, and if the broom-"

"I can handle it, James," Remus nodded reassuringly, stopping an endless stream of words. "A few years ago, I woke up at the top of fir-tree in the early morning," Lupin smiled sadly. "That was an adventure. I'll deal with Quidditch. Give me this elegant creation."

"Look at yourself," the broom grumbled in reply, but its voice stopped being so nasty.

"Thank you, buddy," James said with a gentle smile.

Lupin only nodded.

"And be careful with Bludgers!" James shouted after him. "And don't bother other Chasers! And-"

But Remus has already disappeared behind the turn.

A minute later, Remus was already on the pitch. At first somewhat clumsily rising into the air, he quickly figured things out and, apparently, felt quite confident.

Looking back at the stands, he waved to Emily. She smiled and drew with her wand a graceful and frightening black wolf in the air.

"Why the wolf?" Beata asked. "Why not a lion?"

"Too trite," Emily muttered in reply. "Don't distract me."

"And where's our geek?" Beata ignored the request. "Why they just don't play without James? After all, this isn't prohibited by rules."

"Because AB challenged us, Sprinkles. Do you think we should've run away with our tails between our legs?" Sirius replied.

"Well, James did exactly that."

"Sprinkles!" Sirius turned to Beata, his gray eyes dimly darkening as if filling with magic.

"Okay, okay!" she raised her hands in a conciliatory manner. "I'm capitulating! Parker, what capitulation means?"

"Ending the resistance of armed forces to one of the opposing sides and-"

"What?"

"You surrender. And don't distract me!"

Meanwhile, the match went on.

Slytherins, at first making fun of Remus, were surprised. The Gryffindor didn't pay any attention to attacks of the broom, which was claiming that he was ugly, skinny and hopeless like forty-year-old virgin.

Moreover, gradually getting excited, Remus occasionally intercepted the Quaffle, always accurately throwing it into the goal post. He dodged Bludgers with a truly magnificent grace.

"Merlin's beard! This reaction!" Beata said in a slightly husky voice, when Remus suddenly tilted his head, avoiding the Bludger rushing to him from behind, and simultaneously sent the Quaffle to victorious flight. Gryffindor stands once again burst with applause.

"What a man," Sprinkles dreamily added.

"He's out of your league, Sprinkles," Sirius snorted.

"Indeed," Beata agreed sadly. "Guys like you are the best I can get."

Emily chuckled, glancing at Sirius's indignant face, but again went back to contemplating the match.

The stands emitted an exhaled breath when Remus didn't manage to dodge the Bludger and it hit his side at full speed. Lupin bent down in pain, clutching the broom with an iron grip.

One of Gryffindor Beaters glared at the Slytherin, who had sent the Bludger into Remus. Dangerous confrontation ensued. Professor McGonagall has already started to stand up, expecting that she'd have to calm players of her team. Madam Hooch, following her example, reached for the whistle.

But Gryffindor Seeker, as if roasted by magical lightning, rushed from his spot, noticing Snitch in the distance. The small ball carelessly flapped its wings, but as soon as Seeker had approached it closer than five meters, it rushed away. Slytherin Seeker didn't lag behind.

Both teams froze for a second, then rushed after the Quaffle. The score was 100 to 250.

A fierce battle for the Quaffle began and on the other side of the pitch two Seekers were fighting for possession of an elusive golden ball. The hand of the Gryffindor was already reaching for the Snitch - a little further and his fingers would touch alluring victory.

Suddenly, rushing forward, squeezing every last drop out of his broom, the Seeker in silvery-green robe overcame a decisive distance in less than a second and grabbed the Snitch.

And yet, just a moment before, having developed an unprecedented speed, Remus snatched the Quaffle from the hands of the Slytherin Chaser and sent the ball to its last for this game flight. Slytherin Keeper, distracted by struggle between two Seekers and not expecting a dirty trick, rushed to defend the left hoop. But the ball has already gone right through and long-awaited whistle of Madam Hooch announced the end of the game.

Smiles slowly slid out of Slytherins' faces as they started to realize what had happened.

"250 to 260. Gryffindor wins!"

"Moony scored a winning goal," Sirius sighed ecstatically. "Nice job!"

Emily jumped in a completely uncharacteristic for her manner and clapped her hands joyfully. Sirius looked at her in surprise and smiled oddly.

"Too good reaction, too good," Sprinkles thoughtfully mumbled to herself.

"What?" Black turned to the Slytherin.

"Nothing... Keep admiring those whose level you'll never reach."

Gryffindors' applauses drowned out even the voice of James's broomstick. He himself was already hugging Lupin, slapping him on the back and shaking his hand.

✨✨✨

"It was awesome," Beata sighed, taking another sip of tasty smelling coffee.

Peter stared with interest at the Ravenclaw, "I didn't expect you can make such a delicious coffee, Emily."

The girl lifted the corners of her lips in a smile and shrugged vaguely, "Perks of being born a muggle."

"Parker," Beata sipped her coffee again, making Sirius to twitch and close his eyes wearily, "make me another one, only with cream and liqueur."

Emily, crossing her arms, glared at her friend gloomily.

"What?"

"Perhaps, Sprinkles," Sirius said sarcastically, "your friend would like to hear your, um, request more politely. McGonagall advised you that book for a reason. Although... do you even know how to read?"

Beata rolled her eyes and dramatically drawled, "Would you, o pretty woman-"

"Nothing will ever teach you manners, Sprinkles," Emily sighed and turned away, placing jezve with a fresh portion of coffee on fire.

Friends were sitting near the Black Lake. Remus made a bonfire. Emily surprised everyone with deliciously brewed coffee and butter buns with cinnamon.

"I thought," still painted in pink James said, "it's against your principles to steal food from the kitchen."

"I didn't steal," Parker shrugged. "I've been visiting house-elves since fourth year, because drinking pumpkin juice three times a day ten months a year is unbearable."

"And what's that?" Peter looked inside Emily's bag.

"Marshmallow. We can roast it. And bread, sausage, butter," the girl started to rummage enthusiastically among numerous packages.

"Pity, there's no butterbeer," Black sighed.

"There's wine," Emily said carelessly and the next second she was pushed aside by Black, zealously rushing toward the bag.

"It was a hard day," the Gryffindor said in response to Parker's skeptical gaze. He stretched with pleasure on the sand, drinking wine from the bottle.

"Oh, yeah, you overworked," Beata teased him, but Black surprisingly was silent.

"You were great, Moony," James repeated for the twentieth time. "But these AB... Oh, what I'll do to them!"

"And what will you do to them, Horny?"

"Sprinkles! Stop calling me Horny!"

"But they call you Prongs! And these are synonyms."

"They are my friends, you idiot. Who are you?"

"Would you shut up?" Peter interrupted them. "Emily, can I have another one too?"

The girl smiled and nodded.

"Sprinkles?"

"Mhmm?"

"You said that you saw someone sneaking up at night with James's broomstick."

"Yep. But no, I didn't know it was Potter's broom."

"Where did he go?"

"Do you think I have nothing else to do than watch out for any suspicious individuals?"

"As if you're so busy," Sirius sat cross-legged and looked skeptically at the Slytherin. "By the way, we were looking for you that night. To settle a bet."

"Don't even start, Black!"

"Why?"

"I want to drown them in the lake," Emily drawled, settling herself next to Remus.

He smiled, hugging the girl with his free hand and cunningly said, "Love knows no boundaries."

"What?!" Black and Sprinkles cried out in a tandem.

"Did I say anything? Oh, it slipped accidentally. Thoughts aloud," Remus kept smiling slyly.

"Don't even go there, Moony," Black said glumly.

"So, what bet?" Peter asked with interest.

"Beata still can't admit that she's in love with me head over heels."

"Well, you have something in common," Parker commented.

"Do you think I'm in love with myself?" Sirius immediately rebelled.

"Um," Emily shrugged. "I meant that you're in love with her... But that's right too."

"Stop-stop-stop!" James waved his hands. "Let's start from the beginning."

"As you wish, Prongs," Sirius sighed heavily. "After Halloween, Beata and I talked-"

"He passionately pressed me to the tree, unable to resist-"

"Yes. That is, no! In short, we made a bet-"

"This stubborn ram voluntarily entered lost case."

Black closed his eyes, with an effort returning a peaceful expression to his face, and continued, "The bet was that as soon as I start dating a girl - no matter which one-"

"Well, yes, the main thing is that the girl. He screws anything that breath-"

"Beata!" everyone cried out.

Black chuckled. "As soon as I start dating a girl, Sprinkles will immediately come running to me, that will prove not only her jealousy, but also a hopeless love for me."

"So, did she come?"

"Of course not!" Beata immediately cried. "One nice autumn day, I was walking along Hogsmeade and saw Sirius shoving his head into the noose! Figuratively speaking. But I didn't know that when he was talking about choosing the most worthless girl, he was so serious! I just saved him from the agonizing fate and-"

"Communicating with you is an agonizing fate," Parker growled. "All over the world, it's hard to find a punishment worse than to lock someone in the room with you."

"And who forced him to communicate with me, eh? He voluntarily ran away with me from that date. From the Shrieking Shack to Hogwarts, he walked me on his own will. And I kept walking and thinking - how could I get rid of him... Pressed me to the tree also voluntarily. And on the Quidditch pitch, when we stole broomsticks-"

"Wait-wait! Just tell us exactly what happened," James grinned. "It was you two who had broken the broomsticks and blown up Sprout's greenhouse?"

"No, Horny," Beata shook her head. "I stood by and enjoyed performance as this wacko was running around the greenhouse, stepping on-"

"Really? It was I who hit me in the eye with a broom?"

"It was her!" a cry from Peter and James immediately followed. "She gave you a black eye?"

Both laughed, looking at disheveled Black.

"Not true!" Sirius immediately stood up, angrily looking down at his friends. "It was a ridiculous accident, because Sprinkles is unable to mount the broom, even if it was just lying on the ground."

"Uh-huh," Beata snorted. "And you decided to keep in secret that you started to fall to one side and I just wanted to help?"

"You fight like an old married couple," Emily said melancholically before biting a bun.

"We?"

"Yah you!"

Simultaneous exclamations of both culprits of the dispute caused a new fit of laughter among listeners.

"My verdict," Parker said, "stop blowing our minds, at least. Date if you want, if not - continue fighting as long as you like. But if you both don't have the courage to be honest with yourselves, then I can only sympathize with you."

Remus glanced sideways at Emily and added, "Mel meant that, obviously, you both lost the bet. Don't interrupt, Sirius!" Remus raised his hand. "Beata couldn't stand it right away. Well, you didn't even last one date. Make conclusions yourselves."

Sirius stared gloomily at his friend and Beata merely lifted her eyebrows in surprise.

"What the hell do I need him for?" she pointed a finger at Black.

"And I her?" Black echoed her immediately.

"No way!" they said in chorus and like enraged rhinos dispersed in opposite directions, cursing and pinching the sand with their feet.

"And the funniest thing is," Peter said, "they went around the lake. And that means..."

"...that in ten or fifteen minutes they will meet face to face on the other shore," Remus finished.

"Guys," James smirked, "does everyone remember Spyglass Spell? Gonna observe the most enchanting performance for past few years."

✨✨✨

"Have you seen cowboys movies, Black?"

They stood opposite each other at a few meters distance, legs wide apart and hands behind their waists. Sirius looked as pretentious as Beata.

Emily waved her wand, zooming the picture. "I can't hear a damn thing!"

"Who are the cowboys, Sprinkles?" Black arrogantly cocked an eyebrow.

"Cool guys in the Wild West."

"Oh," Black nodded though he had no idea what she was talking about.

"Am I the only one who thinks that they look like two mediocre actors from some third-rate western?" Emily whispered.

"No," said Peter. "Why do you whisper?"

"What if they hear us?"

"But we don't hear them."

"But that doesn't mean they can't hear us."

"Would you shut up," James hissed. "I can't concentrate and enjoy."

"There's only a cactus missing behind you and a bullet hole in your head," Beata continued melancholically.

"Cactus?"

"Well, the Wild West!"

"Oh," Black said meaningfully. He shook his shoulder, then his hand and threw back his hair. "And these... cowboys. How long they stay in this idiotic pose with such dumb faces?"

"Until they decide who's cooler," Sprinkles shrugged.

"How long do they decide?"

"Until someone get a bullet in the head."

"Oh... Oi! You're not cooler than me!"

"Oh really?"

"Merlin, could they scream at each other louder?" Emily said quietly.

"They're arguing about who's cooler," Remus said, peering at Black, then at Beata.

"So? They always argue about that."

"Exactly."

"Idiots," James sighed.

The dispute, meanwhile, continued in raised voices.

"I have never met such girl in my life! You're absolutely insane!"

"Have you seen yourself? No, just look! Arrogant, insolent, haughty! What makes you better than any Slytherin?"

"I know what a friendship is!"

"And we know what a family is!"

"Yah?! How would you know-"

"I know! I know that Regulus regrets that you both fell apart! I know he defends you before Malfoy when he calls you a miserable blood traitor! I know-"

"He defends me?" Sirius's face immediately acquired a surprised expression; anger was gradually escaping from eyes, giving way to misunderstanding and uncertain hope.

"He did," Beata replied coldly. "Until you told him that he's not your brother and that every second of your life you regret that the same blood runs through your veins."

"I had reasons," Sirius said stiffly. "You should mind your business and stay out of someone else's-"

"Family?" Beata snorted. "Is he your brother or not?"

"Sprinkles!" Sirius howled so loud that Emily jumped up and stepped on Peter's hand. "How do you do that?"

"What exactly?" an expression of holy innocence on Beata's face could compete only with the icon of Christ the Savior. Although, the Slytherin had no idea about its existence.

"We were talking about the fact that someone doesn't want to admit her obvious defeat in the dispute, and as a result, I'm justifying myself because of a fight with my brother? Don't you think it's-"

"Wow, it works," Sprinkles smirked and yelled, "Parker, it really works!"

"What?" Remus asked in surprise, turning to Emily.

She closed her eyes wearily and replied. "Psychological approach. In case of tense conversation, dispute or any other situation when saying the truth to interlocutor is undesirable, you need to put opponent on edge and then, at the peak of his emotions, press on the most painful spot, forcing him to turn inward. With proper tactics interlocutor eventually focuses on his own problems while trying to conceal them from his 'attacker'. As a result, in attempt to hide the truth and avoid conversation, the opponent breaks it off and leaves, feeling not only a complete defeat, but also fear that someone can control him with partially revealed truth. In addition, for some time interlocutor completely forgets about original topic of conversation, which gives gain of time and-"

"Parker," Peter interjected gloomily, "Even Remus will fall asleep on your shoulder now. I don't believe that Sprinkles listened to it from beginning to end."

"Of course not. She fell asleep in the middle. And that's why she couldn't bring the matter to its logical end - Black figured it out as she pressed too hard and too sharp on him. His brain had not yet fully switched to a new topic and, trying to get away from an unpleasant conversation, returned to original problem."

"Parker," James said sadly. "Parker, please, shut up."

Emily frowned and turned away from James. Remus watched her with a slightly stupefied look, trying to figure how often different psychological techniques were used on him during the whole time of their acquaintance.

"Merlin, Parker, you distracted us!" Potter looked back to the other side of the lake. "Where are they?"

Suddenly came the roar of an engine and famous Black's motorcycle took off over the lake. Beata happily squeaked something about wonderful sky, sparkling stars and freaking awesome bike. Black was surprisingly silent, although, perhaps, he was drowned out in enthusiastic screams of the Slytherin.

Then, the two disappeared from sight and the roar of engine subdued in the distance.

"Well," Peter sadly stated, "we missed the climax."

"And everything because of stupid-"

"James," Remus interrupted. "It was quite interesting and informative."

"I can tell you more!" Emily exclaimed.

"No-no-no," Remus shook his head. "I mean, maybe later, huh? We're all tired, better go back to the castle, don't you think?"

"You're right," still gloomy James rose from the sand, grabbing Emily's bags and distributing them between friends. "Hope they won't crash into any tree when they start to fall."

"Fall?" the Ravenclaw asked anxiously.

"Well, actually, levitation powder in the engine needs to be changed once a month to prevent the malfunction. I don't remember that for the last three weeks Black touched his bike at all."

"Don't worry, Emily," Peter said carelessly. "If they fall, I'm sure Beata will be able to quickly coordinate and fall on Black, not under him. At least one of them will survive."

The three widened their eyes. Then Emily bit her lip thoughtfully and said, "Yeah, you're right. If she breaks her head, I won't have to follow her to repair all the things she destroyed. And Black will settle down..."

On that note, Emily along with Peter cheerfully went ahead, leaving dumbfounded Remus and James behind.

✨✨✨

New morning was marked by a new headache. An incomprehensible and very bad premonition stirred somewhere on the edge of consciousness, forcing Remus to wake up. He sighed heavily and struggled to open his eyes.

As expected, Black's bed remained untouched. Although the absence of best friend an hour before the beginning of classes was a little disturbing, Remus knew - the reason for his concern was different.

Paper hummingbird flew into the half-open window - Marauders used this way of communication for a long time. Small enchanted paper birds were indispensable for short distances. Usually they were made from a sheet of paper with a brief message immediately written on it. Unlike owls, they were faster and didn't require any care. The only problem was that they couldn't resist strong wind gusts, bad weather and could get lost somewhere, not reaching the addressee.

Remus unfolded the little bird and read the note written in Peter's handwriting: go down to the Great Hall. The message didn't look particularly disturbing, but Remus decided that he should hurry.

✨✨✨

"No, you don't understand!" Emily Parker lectured Regulus Black. Looking extremely irritated, he occasionally said something sarcastic back. "This is insane!"

"Well, how did she manage to fight with Regulus?" Lupin thought sadly.

The whole school watched them with obvious interest.

"No, insane is that you set Slytherin common room on fire," Regulus hissed, leaning to Emily's ear. Only those who stood close to the epicenter of the "explosion" could hear them.

"And one more thing," but then his voice fell to a very low whisper, which made it impossible to make out the words, even for Lupin. He heard only short fragments: "revenge", "Malfoy" and "I'm warning you."

"No, I'm warning you!" Emily hissed. "You're better than him! Better than that arrogant bastard. It was you who saved me, and he... He... You don't belong amongst people like Malfoy!"

Although Emily lowered her voice, her words were still audible, and Malfoy himself was already making his way through the crowd from the other side of the hall.

People around started to whisper. Despite the tension of the situation, some girls giggled, discussing Regulus-savior and already coming up with some senseless but romantic story with his participation. Remus looked nervously at the Slytherin. He was very interested to know from what Regulus saved his girlfriend, but he couldn't risk it.

"Emily!" he called to her.

She turned to the voice, still not moving away from the fierce argument. "What?"

"Let's get out of here, please," he nodded cautiously at Malfoy.

Emily looked at the Slytherin, then at Regulus and said coldly, "If I have to, I'll tell your brother everything and make him talk to you. Think about it."

She sharply turned on her heels and flew out of the hall, knocking down several students on the way and almost crashing into Lucius. He jumped aside and said nothing, although his face expressed a mixture of disgust and unusual for Malfoy curiosity.

Remus shook his head, closing his eyes wearily - he didn't like all of this at all.

✨✨✨

"How's Black?" Emily asked nonchalantly, walking in, or rather bursting into abandoned classroom.

"We had sex under the moon on Mallorca beach, then he gave me a ring with an emerald and we got married in the nearest chapel."

"And where is the ring?"

"I've drank it away."

"When you were cheating on Black with hot Spanish guy?"

"Probably. I was so drunk..."

"Sprinkles!"

"No, seriously, don't pretend that you're interested in what's going on between Black and me."

"For now - not really. But I'm looking for Black. What you did to him? Boiled, fried-"

"I sold him to the gypsies," Beata said carelessly. "So, what do you want and why such urgency and conspiracy?"

"Diary," Emily said grimly. "I need to know what was in there. Did you find anything interesting?"

"Hmm, I read it, but these are brief excerpts. Here - I brought it!" Beata pensively leafed through the pages. "Lucius is not a fool, he understands that even the cipher won't save him if someone finds this valuable notebook. There is... about you."

And what exactly is written there?"

"About you?"

"No, about Dumbledore!" Emily looked annoyed.

"Are you sure you want to hear what's written here?"

"I've always been interested in seeing the situation through the eyes of this Slytherin scum."

Beata stared at her friend, then shrugged.

"As you say. So, the first most meaningful note with your participation... Here, found it! 15th of September. Should I really read it? Read? Well, okay, okay, don't look at me like that... Aha, here... "We cornered this lost sheep and talked. Her lips trembled so much that I thought she was going to cry. Restrained herself. How can one be so naive?! She doesn't belong amongst us, she has dirty blood."

Beata stopped, looking at Parker. She stared out the window blankly. Her lips were tightened, but her face remained calm.

"Next, 17th of September. "I have a great plan! But it takes time. I don't know if I can stand it for so long. Moreover, it's risky. Doesn't matter. It's necessary to point out the silly girl in her place." Do I really need to read further? And where did you get such a desire for psychological masochism... Well, as you wish."

Sprinkles sighed and continued to read. "27th of September. "In every possible way I help this naive fool with her homework. She sincerely believes that I really want to help her. A week ago, even pretended that I apologize. She believed. No brains, no abilities, no talents. Things are moving faster than I thought. I'd rather go to the final part - I want to look into her eyes when she realizes that all this friendship is a pathetic fake."

"10th of October... "We must be more careful. Headmaster watches over new girl, worries. He looks at me suspiciously, probably guessing. But she believes. A little time and it will be possible to strike a final blow."

Beata stopped short, glanced at Emily, but kept reading, "20th of October. "She thinks of me as her friend. It's incredible! After all the ridicule and mocking. She's insane. I think it's time." 1st of November. "Today is a significant day! Snow fell, surprisingly beautiful, although I don't particularly like the cold. However, I've lost my train of thought. Oh yeah. I invited her to meet my friends. Ha. She decided that we will take her to our company. Well, let her get to know them... closer. I've never met a naiver fool. How could the Hat sort her in Slytherin?"

Emily was motionless. Her back straight; face calm, without a shadow of emotion, but unnaturally pale.

"9th of November. "She's asking when the meeting is. If she only knew, she wouldn't aspire so much. Idiot." 12th of November. "Today is a significant day. Later about everything." Next one... next entry only on the 25th of November, the last one on this topic. "It's amazing! That old man transferred her to Ravenclaw! I was afraid that she would tell him everything about that... fascinating walk. But no. She didn't say anything for some reason. There is no danger. Honestly, I expected another reaction. I thought she would yell and hate me, but she just stopped talking as if had forgotten how to speak. Only looks with blank eyes and shies away from people. And, however, what difference does it make to me? Won't be an eyesore and a shame of the house anymore." That's all. There's nothing else here."

"Do you want details?" Emily turned to Beata, and the latter recoiled in horror. Anger boiled in the eyes of the Ravenclaw. And pain. A lot of pain. "You always had a great imagination - think it out."

"There, there," said Beata quietly. She wanted to get closer to her friend, pat her on the shoulder, but knew that she wouldn't tolerate pity for herself. "What did they do to you?"

"Nothing... special. We were thirteen, they didn't have enough imagination for something global. Only it was cold," Emily shrank unwittingly. "There, in Forbidden Forest."

Beata shuddered. "In Forbidden... Forest?"

"Terribly cold," Emily muttered again. She didn't want to think about it, but the memories came back against her will.

"One, two, three, four, five. Ready or not, here I come. You can't hide."

Smug, angry, mocking voices. Loud laughter.

The young girl was running away. Tried to run, but the roots of trees, so thick and scary, constantly blocked her way. She fell, getting up and running again. And the voices pursued her and seemed to keep pace.

"We'll find you anyway! You can't escape!"

And again laughter. Malicious, cruel.

The robe was torn by thorn bushes. Her face, probably, was in scratches. Hands were covered with blood. But she didn't feel the pain. Only fear. The crackling was so deafening that, probably, it wouldn't be difficult for Malfoy gang to find her.

How could she believe Malfoy? How?!

But this was unimportant. Mostrous and frightening Forbidden Forest was around her. Something rustled in the grass. Somewhere in the depths of the thicket, there were strange sounds as if there was a monster that had never been seen before. Probably predator.

She needed to hide. Run further into the Forest, to the very depths. She didn't care who she would meet there, just not them...

Suddenly, a howl sounded in the distance, very much like a wolf, only drearier, filled with despair and pain. The full moon, melancholy hanging over the Forest, looked indifferently at the girl. Emily stopped dead, trying to choose what was best - a monster in an animal form or a pack of monsters in human form.

"And if not we, then someone in the Forest will find you!" Loud laughter again.

Ahead was darkness and almost tangible fear. Behind were seven creatures, unworthy to be called human. She realized that there, in the Forest, it was safer than in that terrible school, where such bright and kind people actually turn out to be horrific, ugly monsters. As in fairy tales, only the opposite. And there will be no prince to save her.

But she will take revenge. She promised herself that she'll take revenge.

"Mel? Amelie Viviana Parker!"

"Huh? What?"

"You were in a deep trance," Beata frowned. She wanted to joke, but the eyes opposite her didn't seem to be able to laugh.

"How did you get out?"

"There was a prince," Emily laughed bitterly and Beata stared at her friend in confusion. "Regulus. He followed them, found me, took me back to Hogwarts."

"Pffft, prince! He had to stop them, not-"

"He's not an idiot, Beata! He was twelve. What could he do against seven of them? He found me, got me out, explained what to do, how to behave... And it was scary in there... and cold. Unbearably cold," the girl shivered.

"Why didn't you tell Dumbledore?"

"And what would he do? He already did too much for me: accepted me to school and transferred to another house. If I did tell him, he'd put pressure on Malfoy. Malfoy would complain to his father; his father is on Hogwarts Board of Governors - he'd simply say that Dumbledore is insane. And how can you believe the words of little mudblood? And then Malfoy wouldn't be satisfied. He would've bullied me out of school. And I wanted... I wanted revenge," Emily finished angrily.

"Got revenge?"

"Well... partially. Everything got confused even more. So now I need any clues-"

"You've experienced such a shock!"

"It was three years ago."

"Yeah! You were a child and-"

"If I want to talk about it, I'll let you know. Now shut up and say something really important, if you want to help."

Beata sniffed with displeasure. "In addition to the diary, I discovered that Mr. Platinum Hair is very interested in Animagi."

"Really?" Emily twitched sharply.

"Yes. Is it important?"

"This explains a lot."

"What exactly?"

"I wanted revenge," Emily repeated as if to justify herself. "Wanted him to feel like I did then. Helpless, frightened to death, trembling with fear, knowing that no one can help."

"And?"

"I tried to turn him into a bug or a worm... I don't remember exactly," Emily said dully.

"Bug?" Beata smiled uncertainly. "Well, so what? That's-"

"Turn him into a bug forever. For the end of his lousy, meaningless life. So that he became the one who he really is - miserable insect."

Sprinkles stopped, looking in disbelief at Parker. "You... You were not yourself. He is to blame for-"

"I was myself," Parker snapped. "I was fifteen and I had two years to come up with a punishment for him. And I was sure that the spell would work. And then - I would've locked him in a jar and wouldn't let him go, at least for the next ten years or more. Don't justify me, my soul has long been not as bright as I'd like."

Beata was speechless. Then she was pacing around the room, while Emily watched her thoughtfully.

"Okay," she shrugged. "A lousy revelation, to be honest, but I always knew that you were a little... deranged. Now that I know all this, I won't let you do another idiotic trick."

Emily looked at Sprinkles - she spoke quite seriously, without jokes, and who of them was more deranged was a big question.

"But he doesn't look like a bug. Definitely," Beata pondered. "Something went wrong?"

"Everything. This assho... Malfoy turned into a wolf."

"He's a werewolf?!"

"Stop being hysterical about werewolves! Of course not! I thought that something was wrong with the spell. Rather I had no time to think. He tried to bite me and almost managed to do it. I remembered in time that a wand worked well on rabid animals."

"You saying..." Beata started to guess. "Are you saying that he was already an Animagus then? And Animagus can't be turned into any animal except for his own alter ego."

"Exactly. I didn't know about that then. But now everything falls into place - I just forcibly turned him into a wolf, what he was already able to do. But what's next... I did something else, but I don't know what exactly. Something obviously went wrong. He's very angry with me because of consequences of the spell, which I even have no idea about!"

"Demands to disenchant him?"

"Yeah. And I don't even know what I need to do. I have no counter-spells. Not a single one."

"He'll suffer for the rest of his life," the Slytherin said with pleasure. "Is he threatening you?"

"Not really, except that he was trying to poison me," Emily said calmly.

"When?"

"On sixth year."

"And you didn't say a thing?!"

"Then I'd have to tell everything!"

"You know," Beata said after short silence, "you're both deranged, mentally unbalanced maniacs. You tried to condemn him to eternal suffering of living like some disgusting insect, he tried to poison you... Hey, idiots! You're only seventeen! What the fuck? Are you out of your mind?"

"Beata, stop it -"

"Look, Parker, I can do a lot of things; if I don't understand then, at least, I can accept and forgive. I can understand the reason for your revenge. You are insane. Lunatic! I'm not a role model either. But the way you both feel about it... It's not a game, you know?! That's life! Life, Merlin's beard! You like high stakes, I know, but it's too much."

She paused for a moment and continued quietly, "I'll be going now. Will try to think... to understand the course of your thoughts, no matter how sick it is. And you do some thinking too. Now you have Remus. At least think about him - he doesn't deserve someone like you next to him. Revenge is not the meaning of life. This is poison, and for four years it poisoned you so much that you almost lost humanity. What makes you better than Malfoy now? It hurts, sucks - I understand. If you want to share, go ahead. But stop this crazy game!"

Beata stepped out of the classroom, slamming the door behind her, and Emily flopped down thoughtfully on the sagging desk. Now they really had a fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798 84 10
𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐏𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐬 �...
262K 2.1K 142
ℍ𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 ℍℙ 𝕓𝕠𝕪𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕥 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕩 ℍℙ 𝕓𝕠𝕪𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖: • 𝕊𝕞𝕦𝕥 • 𝔸𝕟𝕘𝕤𝕥 • 𝔽𝕝𝕦𝕗𝕗 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡...
120K 2.6K 24
ೃ⁀➷ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘙𝘦𝘨𝘶𝘭𝘶𝘴 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘩𝘦 �...
742K 15.2K 33
❝ L O V I N G Y O U I S T H E W I L D E S T A D V E N T U R E I ' V E E V E R B E E N O N ❞