Taken

By _Just_Nikki_

Amberlynn Grace has been best friends with Niall Horan since she was 5 years old. When she was 15, Niall left... More

Taken
Introduction
Chapter 1: Graduation
Chapter 2: Dinner, A Party, and a Reunion
Chapter 3: Packing Up and Moving Out
Chapter 4: Plane Ride
Chapter 5: Welcome Home
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Five Best Friends
Chapter 8: Amusement Parks and Wave Pools
Chapter 9: Sweet Revenge
Chapter 10: Something's Different
Chapter 11: Tours, Tigers, and Dares, Oh My!
Chapter 12: Off With The Leg Hair
Chapter 14: You Found Me
Chapter 15: Party Time
Chapter 16: You Again
Chapter 17: Let Me Love You
Chapter 18: Not How Expected
Chapter 19: Can We Work it Out
Chapter 20: A Promise I'll Keep
Chapter 21: This Changes Everything
Chapter 22: Nothing I Do Better
Chapter 23: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 24: Leave it All Behind
Chapter 25: I'm Gonna Make You Mine
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
Sequel

Chapter 13: I Wish That Was Me

223K 1.1K 445
By _Just_Nikki_

Authors Note: I am not to blame if this chapter sucked. I was taking a small break from writing, because that's all I ever do, and then I was going to plan out the next chapter, then write it, and type it. But, that all failed because I was being rushed. I'm glad you guys love my book. I do. But all the emails, i.m's, and posts on my message board telling me to update or asking me when I'm going to update is too much. I want you guys to respect that I need time to myself, and then time to make a chapter good so I don't dissapoint you guys! And another thing: I never know when I'm going to update. I don't like setting a day because I usually don't get the chapter done on time. I just update when I get a new chapter done.
I still love you guys though! No matter how many messages and stuff I get 'harrassing' me to update. Lol.

Anyways, enough of my mouth. Here's chapter 13. Enjoy!

"So, you got kissed." I said. It was more of a statement than a question. I was laying on my side of the bed. He was in the bathroom, getting ready so he could go to sleep. Niall poked his head out of the bathroom doorway, toothbrush in his mouth.

"Yeah." He said, taking the toothbrush out. "I did." He went back into the bathroom. I heard the water running in the sink.

"Did... you like it?"" I asked when the water shut off. I felt weird asking, but I wanted to know. My stomach jerked. I was afraid of his answer. Niall walked out, turning the bathroom light off before he exited. He lifted up the cover, and sat down on the bed.

"I guess." He said.

"Niall. Either you did, or you didn't."

"Okay. Yes. I did. It was... spontaneous. Ya know?" He said. "Anyways, you're coming to the next concert right?"

"Unless I'm in the hospital or physically unable to make it, yes." I said.

"What if you fall asleep again?" Niall asked, cracking a smile. I glared playfully at him, then grinned.

"I give my permission for you to throw me over your shoulder, and stuff me in the van. Wake me when we get there." We laughed, and I slid down to a laying position. I pulled the cover up to my face. Niall turned the lamp on his side of the bed off, then shifted so he was laying down too.

"Night, Ambi Bambi." He said quietly.

"Night, Nialler." Not long after, I heard soft snored emanating from Niall, telling me he was asleep. I, however, could not sleep. I lay in the dark beside Niall, staring at the wall, as I listened to him snore. All I could think about was that girl, kissing Niall. What did she look like? Was she pretty? Did she love Niall like I did? No, of course she didn't. Maybe she was a fan that loved him, but she didn't love him like I did, because she didn't know him like I did. There are no words to explain how much I wish that was me.

*                                                                       *                                                                      *

"Amber, get up." Niall said the next morning, bringing me out of my dream. I sat up, confused. I looked around, blinking my eyes, trying to get the sleep to clear from them. I was trying to remember the dream I had been having.

All I could remember was a girl, kissing Niall, her hair color constantly changing- because I didn't know what she looked like-, as I stood back and watched. Just as I was starting to get really upset, I was looking into Niall's bright blue eyes. He smiled, and his eyes closed as he leaned down to kiss me.

"What time is it?" I asked the real Niall. He pulled his phone out of the pocket of his sweatpants.

"6:19." He answered.

"In the morning?!" I asked, my eyes widening. Niall yawned and nodded. "Why are we leaving so early?"

"I dunno." He said, running a hand through his hair. "We gotta gte to the next town for the next show."

"But I wanna sleep, Niall." I whined, flopping face first into the pillows. I pulled the cover over my head, and closed my eyes, ready to go back to sleep. I heard him sigh. The cover was taken off of me, and I felt his arms go around my waist as he pulled me from the bed.

"We all do, Amberlynn." He said, and began to walk out of the room. I stuck my arms in the doorway, so he couldn't exit the room.

"No, Niall! I wanna sleep."

"Amber, let go." He grunted.

"No!"

"Amberlynn. Let go. You're gonna get us in trouble."

"What's going on in here?" Louis asked, walking from his suite into ours. Niall stepped away from the doorway, and then tried to go through it again, but again I stuck my arms out.

"Amber, come on. This isn't funny."

"Actually," Louis said. "It is." I looked at him to see him recording it. I was too sleepy to care.

"Let me go back to sleep."

"Amberlynn-"

"You can sleep on the bus." Louis said. My head snapped up.

"I can?" Lou nodded.

"That's what the bunks are for."

"Oh." I yawned, and dropped my arms. Niall carried me through the door, and sat me down.

"Is all of your stuff packed?" Niall asked. I shook my head. He ran a hand through his hair, a sigh escaping his lips.

"Okay. Finish packing. I'm taking my stuff to the bus. Just come down when you're packed. Louis walked out with Niall following behind him. I walked back into the bedroom and picked up my clothes from the day before up off the floor. I decided I probably needed to change. I pulled a pair of blue areopostale sweatpants out of one of my suitcases, and a white tank top with some Puma tennis shoes.

I put my pajamas and yesterday's clothes into one of the suitcases. Then I went into the bathroom to get my contact solution, shampoo, and everything else I needed to take shower, then put it in my toiletries case.

Not wanting the hotel staff to think we were messy, I made the bed. I pulled my suitcases into the living room. I was going towards the door, but stopped. I was so tired. A short few minute nap wouldn't hurt anything. I would take a five minute nap, then get to the bus without the guys even knowing.

I sat down on the couch, and leaned back against the cushions. My eyes closed.

--Niall's P.O.V--

"Dude, where's Amberlynn?" Louis asked, sticking his head out of the tour bus window. I looked up at him from loading my bags onto the bus.

"She's packing the rest of her stuff up." I responded.

"And it takes her fifteen minutes to do that?" Harry asked, appearing in the window next to Louis. I sighed, and ran a hand through my hair.

"I'll go check on her." I said. "She may have lost something." I turned and started back towards the hotel. I heard shoes slapping against the pavement. I looked over my shoulder to see Lou running towards me.

"Wait up!" He called. I stopped, allowing him to catch up with me. "I forgot my camera." I nodded, and started walking again. We rode the elevator up to our floor. The two of us entered through Lou's room. He grabbed his camera, and went through the still open door that connected his room to mine and Amber's.

"I know what she lost." Louis said.

"What?"

"Her ability to stay awake." I looked to see Amberlynn sitting on the couch, asleep. I sighed and laughed.

"You try to get her awake. I'll check to see if she packed everything." I looked around the living room, and then into the bedroom as Louis tried to get her awake. "All ready." I called, as I walked back to the living room. I stopped when I saw them.

Amberlynn was on Louis' back. Her arms were wrapped loosely around his neck, and his arms were tucked under her legs which were wrapped around his waist. Her head rested against his neck.

"I could only get her awake long enough to get on my back." He said. Heat flooded through my as my blood pressure rose. "You okay, Nialler? You're turning red."

"I'm fine." I said, my voice hard and angry. I cleared my throat, realizing how hostile I sounded. "Just hungry." Louis laughed.

"You're always hungry, mate. Come on. Let's go to the bus so we can get to the next town. I'm sure we can get something to eat." I shut the door that connected our rooms, then opened the door that led out of mine and Amber's suite. Louis walked out first, and I grabbed Amberlynn's bags, and followed after Lou.

I loaded her bags onto the bus, as Louis took her inside. I closed the thing that held our luggage, and climbed onto the bus. Louis walked down the hallway, coming back from where the bunks were. I sat down on the couch next to Liam.

"She won't be up for a while." Louis said. Liam, Zayn, and I laughed. Harry must have went back to his bunk. I yawned. I was pretty sleepy myself.

"I'm going back to sleep." I said, climbing to my feet. "Wake me when there's food." This earned another chuckle from the boys as I went back towards the bunks. Amber was on the bottom bunk, curled up. I could tell by her lack of movement that she was sleeping peacefully. She hadn't had a nightmare since that first night.

I turned around to see Harry curled up on the top bunk across from Amberlynn. I looked back to her. I leaned down and pressed my lips to her forehead.

"You have no idea how much I wish you were awake when I do that." I whispered before climbing onto the bunk above her.

*                                                             *                                                               *

--Amberlynn's P.O.V--

"Niall!" I heard someone yell. "Come on! We've stopped for food." I was still basically asleep so the word food didn't register in my mind. However, I'm pretty sure it registered in Niall's. The bunk above me squeaked, and there was a loud thud as his feet hit the floor.

"Amber! Wake up! It's time to eat!" He said. I only rolled over. "Amberlynn!" Niall whined. "I'm hungry. Come on!" He tugged on my arm. I finally opened my eyes and looked up at him. He was staring at me with puppy dog eyes. I laughed.

"You look happy." I said. I took Niall's hand, and allowed him to pull me to my feet. Niall turned, and began towing me off the bus.

"I'm hungry."

"Niall, wait! My shoes." He slowed long enough for me to grab my Pumas. Niall climbed off the bus, and waited impatiently as I put my shoes on at the top of the stairs. I made my way off the bus, and took the hand that Niall was holding out to me. I smiled at him, and we began walking across the parking lot to one of the restaurants. The others went to Dairy Queen across the road, but Niall was leading me to Burger King.

"Oh my gosh! It's Niall!" I heard someone squeal.

"And he has Amberlynn with him!"

"They're holding hands! OMG! They're so cute together!" I turned to see a group of girls staring at Niall and I. I pulled on his arm, and motioned towards the girls. He smiled, and pulled me over to them.

"Hello, loves." He said.

"Hi, Niall." They answered shyly. I notice dmost of them had video cameras, recording us.

"Can I do anything for you? Pictures? Autographs?"

"Yes, please!" And he began taking pictures.

"Hi, Amberlynn." One of them said to me.

"Hi. How do you know my name?"

"Everyone knows your name, of course! I saw you on the interview. You're Niall's best friend."

"Oh. Yeah, I am."

"Can I get a picture?" She asked.

"Sure!" The two of us stood there for at least fifteen minutes, taking pictures individually with each person, then the two of us with each person. Then individual group pictures, and finally the two of us with the whole group. We even signed some stuff. I got twitter names too.

I know Niall was hungry, but he didn't complain once, and the smile never left his face. He was extremely happy, however, when we were actually able to get inside the restaurant to eat.

"That was... exciting." I said, watching Niall take a bite of his burger. "And strange." I ate a few fries, and took a sip of my drink as Niall chewed then swallowed.

"What was so strange about it?"

"They wanted pictures of me. And my autograph. I'm not famous, and I'm not anyone special." Niall looked up at me, a fry half way to his mouth. He put the fry down, and slid his hand across the table to take mine.

"You may not be famous," He said, his light blue eyes staring deeply into mine. "But you are special. You're my best friend, and you mean so much to me." My stomach dropped, at the same time my heart beat faster.

I'm special, I thought to myself. But not in the way I want to be. I'm just his best friend. That's all I'll ever be.

"Thanks." I said, giving him a smile that was half forced and half sincere. I removed my hand from his, and began eating again.

*                                                           *                                                            *

"Amberlynn! Hurry up!" Louis shouted. "We gotta go!"

"Almost ready!" I called back to him. I buttoned my denim shorts, and pulled a red short sleeve shirt with angel wings on the front over my head. I went into the bathroom, and clipped my curly hair back on one side. I walked back into the bedroom, and slipped my feet into red low top converse. I grabbed my room key, and opened the door, then walked out.

"Ready! Let's go." I walked out the suite door ahead of the guys, and hurried to the van waiting to take us to the show. I climbed in first, and watched as the boys hurriedly exit the hotel. They got in, and we drove off.

*                                                          *                                                                    *

"Okay! Next question." Louis said. It was no the part of the concert where the boys answered twitter questions.

" 'Niall, you were spotted with  Amberlynn today. Is she here? Can you bring her out? BTW, I love you guys!' " Harry read out. "Niall? I believe it's for you."

"For starters, I believe I speak for all of the boys when I say we leave you too. I was spotted with Amberlynn today. And yes, she is here. Should I bring her out?" I sat backstage, watching the concert on a television.

"No!" I shouted at the same time the crowd roared 'yes!'

"You heard 'em, Amber! Come on out." Niall said into his microphone. I didn't move, hoping he'd get the hint. The boys looked at each other.

"Let's not be shy, Amberlynn." Harry said.

"Maybe she needs some encouragement, yeah?" Liam said.

"Amber! Amber!" Zayn started chanting. The other boys copied him, and then the crowd joined in. They watched the area where I should emerge.

"Keep it up, guys." Niall said before disappearing backstage. I jumped to my feet as the door burst open. "Let's go." I shook my head. "No? Okay then." He stepped towards me.

"Niall, don't. I don't wanna go." He kept walking towards me. "Ew, Niall, no. You're sweaty!" I said, just as he picked me up, and threw me over his shoulder. He took me on stage, and then put me down.

"Got her!" Niall cheered. The whole crowd roared. I could tell, however, that not everyone wanted me there. "Say hi, Amber!" He handed me the mic.

"Hi, everybody." I said, giving the crowd a wave, before turning to Niall. "Niall. Was that totally necessary?" I asked, handing him the mic back.

"Yes. You were requested on stage." I rolled my eyes, and went to sit on the couch next to Zayn and Lou.

"Next question. 'Are you and Amberlynn dating, Niall?' " Niall read out. "Okay, who picked that question to be in there?" Harry gave a cheeky smile, and raised his hand. His tone of voice kind of made me sad. "Why would you put that in there?"

"We're all curious if you and her are secretly dating." Harry said.

"No. We aren't. Why would you think that? We're just best friends." I could feel the tears coming. I had to get out of here before I started crying. I stood up, and started backstage. "Hey." Niall said, catching my arm. "Where you goin'?"

"I- I'm feeling kind of sick. I just... need some air." He nodded, and I pulled away from him. I walked quickly out of his sight, and then ran as fast as I could outside.

*                                                                  *                                                                  *

"You okay?" Louis asked, sitting down next to me on the steps. I shrugged. "Niall said you were feeling sick."

"Yeah."

"Do you feel well enough to go to the meet and greet? Some fans are asking for you." I sighed.

"Sure." Louis stood up, and pulled me to my feet. He led me back into the building where the meet and greet was.

"Over there." He said, pointing to a group of fans. I walked over to them.

"Hi!"

*                                                                 *                                                                     *

We talked for a while.

"Who do you think would win an eating contest," One fan asked. Louis Harry, Liam, and Zayn had migrated over to me and the fans. "You or Niall?"

"Oh, that's a tough one. What do you guys think?" I asked the boys.

"Niall." Harry and Liam said.

"I don't know about that." Louis said. "Amberlynn can eat a lot."

"I agree with Lou." Liam answered.

"I wonder what Niall thinks. Hey, Ni-" I looked over my shoulder, and stopped when I saw them. Her hands were knotted in his hair, and his arms were tight around her waist. I didn't see their faces, but I didn't need to to know that they were kissing. No one gives hugs like that.

I turned back around.

"I'm sorry. I'm feeling sick again. I need to go." I rushed away. Unlike before, I wasn't able to keep the tears away, and they spilled over before I was even out of the room.

Author's note: Awe! :'( That's kinda sad. Anywho, let me know what you think! And please, don't just comment 'update.' or 'update soon' or 'update please.'

'Update when you can' is better cause I don't feel like I'm being rushed. I really want to know what you think of this chapter, and just saying update doesn't tell me what you think. Let me know you're favorite part! And don't forget to vote! Some of you comment, but don't vote!

Oh, and if anyone knows a song that would fit this chapter, please tell me!

Love ya! :)

~Nikki~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 160 26
Sixteen year old Jeniffer Page moved to London to live with her Father. Her parents got into a divorse when she was 6. Her father works on X-factor a...
73.3K 2.6K 42
It wasn't suppose to happen like this. She was nerdy. Small nerdy little Emma. Always being picked on by people bigger than her. People like Harry fo...
11.2K 286 32
Arianna is just your typical girl in college. She's kind, caring, and doesn't get into any trouble, but she's still growing up and doesn't know much...
2.1K 122 41
Stephanie's life hasn't always been easy. When she was only 8 years old, she had to move from her town of Holmes Chapel, England to the state of Wisc...