I Need You

By mysweetlordharrison

(Do You Want to Know a Secret book 2) More

1. I'll Be Back
2. And I Love Her
3. Misery
4. A Day in the Life
5. Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
6. Mad Day Out
7. Help!
8. You Can't Do That
9. Helter Skelter
10. I Want to Tell You
11.Run For Your Life
12. Fixing a Hole
13. Nowhere man
14. This Boy
16. Baby it's You
17. All Together Now
18. Lady Madonna
19. The Long and Winding Road
20. Shout
21. Aint She Sweet
22. Cry Baby Cry
23. I Will
24. Yer Blues
25. Love You to
26. That Means A Lot
27. You Like Me Too Much
28. Come Together
29. The End?
Book 3 Is Up!!

15. Little Child

4.2K 154 170
By mysweetlordharrison

To say the least John was upset.

Currently I was in the boys dressing room as they had just finished up their day of filming. John hadn't spoken to me for the rest of the day after I had explained to him, Ringo and Paul everything that had happened between my father since I'd arrived.

Ringo and Paul were very supportive however, they were so glad I had the chance to reconnect with my father.

"John d'you have a light?" Paul asked putting a cigarette to his lips.

John grabbed one off of his table and threw it to Paul grumpily, Paul catching it after fumbling it slightly between his hands.

Paul rolled his eyes at John before lighting his cigarette, taking a large drag and puffing out a large white cloud.

"How many days of shooting do we have left?" Ringo asked combing his hair in the vanity mirror.

"About a week or so." George replied pulling off his suit jacket.

"A few more weeks until the Virgin Islands Rings." Paul sang in a funny voice excitedly puffing out another cloud of smoke.

Ringo started to hum the tune of Moonlight Swim by Elvis Presley making me smile.

"Our lips and our arms close within each others reach will be, on a moonlight swim." Paul began to sing along grabbing a comb as a microphone then pretending to slick back his hair like Elvis while having his cigarette handing out of the side of his mouth.

"Fuck." John mumbled suddenly realizing something, making Ringo and Paul stop goofing around. I winced slightly at John's harshness.

"Are we still going to Tahiti George? Since, you and, Pattie," John looked over to George trailing off.

"Oh. Erm, I hadn't thought about that." George replied looking down to his feet.

I was slightly confused. I hadn't been told they were all going on vacation once they were done filming. Would I be back to Liverpool by then?

I had also felt a large pang of guilt realizing George had planned to go on vacation with Pattie and I had gotten in the way of their trip. I just felt so awful about the whole thing and I wasn't sure what I could do about it.

"We can figure it out later." John grumbled looking back to his own things.

"Poppy." Cynthia came in giggling as she held Julian against her chest with both arms.

"Yes?" I asked from the corner of the room I was in trying not to say anything to embarrass myself.

"Victor wants to speak to you." She motioned with her head to the door.

"Victor, as in Spinetti?" Paul smirked looking over to the two of us.

Cynthia nodded vigorously, smirking back maniacally.

"Penelope." Paul teased me gasping as if it were scandalous.

I blushed, my eyes scanning over the boys to see George's reaction in slight curiosity, seeing his jaw was clenched tightly as he shoved his wallet into his pocket and gathered his things to leave.

"Oh, alright." I whispered meekly following Cynthia out of the dressing room.

I saw Victor waiting as he fiddled with his thumbs leaning against the other side of the wall in the hallway.

My breathing hitched as my nerves began to get the best of me; What was I doing? I was allowing Cynthia to control my love life once again and I would probably come to regret it very soon.

"Hello Victor." I forced a smile as I looked at his lifting expression once he saw me.

"Hello Penelope." He grinned back warmly.

"I was wondering if I could get your telephone number so I can call you with details later tonight?" He looked down at me flirtatiously, his dark eyes illuminating with lust in the poorly lit hallway.

"Erm, sure," I agreed shyly before giving him my uncles home telephone number.

I realized Cynthia was still close behind me, watching the awkward tension filled scene with a large complacent grin that I couldn't quite understand, surly she didn't think this was going well and I was instantly falling head over heels with Victor. I couldn't help but wonder why she decided to set me up with him anyway, she seemed so sure before that I'd end up with George.

Swiftly, the metal dressing room door swung open again to reveal George with a sour look on his face, stopping in his place as he looked up to Cynthia, Victor and I.

"Have a good night George." I grinned contentedly at him to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Goodnight Poppy." His expression lightened.

"Goodnight George." Victor nodded cutting in, smiling smugly.

Georges expression dropped once again, nodding to him straight faced before continuing to walk away uninterestedly.

"Alright, I better get a move on myself." Victor smiled, brushing off the encounter.

I grinned slightly feeling as if a weight was being lifted off my shoulders.

"Until tomorrow." He spoke amorously.

"Goodnight." I smiled before he turned to leave.

I shifted my attention toward Cynthia and Julian, who was giggling as she kissed his head all over repeatedly in a playful manner.

"Happy Birthday Jules." She sang, Julian afterwards trying to hum the same tune she sang it in.

I watched in awe, completely forgetting what I wanted to ask her about before that had been lingering in the back of my mind ever since she had set me up with Victor in the first place.

"There's my birthday boy." John spoke kindly as he came out of the dressing room taking Julian from Cynthia gently, grinning widely.

I gulped as I stared at him, hoping he'd say something to me and break the silent treatment.

"Poppy!" Brian called from further down the hallway beckoning me to follow him.

"Have fun at Julian's party." I smiled squeezing Cynthia's shoulder lightly before leaving to follow my uncle out.

"I have brilliant news." Brian beamed.

"What is it?" I inquired hoping it would make me forget about John's silence.

"I've got a new assistant." His smile grew tremendously making my heart sink.

"Y-, I-Huh?" My mouth gaped open.

That seemed like anything but great news. That meant I hadn't an excuse to stay longer and that I would go back to Liverpool.

"But, I want you to stay." He smiled proudly down at me.

"Brian, I can't." I spoke breathlessly, feeling overwhelmed suddenly.

"Why not?" He frowned as we walked out of the studio and began to walk in the parking lot to the car.

"I have a job. A-and our house. I was going to school, I can't leave that all behind for good." I shook my head begging to bite on my fingernails.

"It can all be taken care of." He still seemed confident that I would stay.

"One of the most prestigious art museums in London wants one of your paintings I had shown them for two hundred pounds." He looked at me with a growing smile.

I felt like all the air had just been knocked from my stomach.

"Two hundred?" I asked completely blown away. I had never been paid for my art before, especially not for that kind of money.

"And you family is here, your father." He spoke quietly. I pursed my lips in contemplation, This was a lot to think about.

"I don't expect an answer today, but I'd like you to think about it." He spoke making me feel slightly less nervous, still feeling a tremendous amount of anxiety.

                      ________________

The ride back to the flat was deadly silent and it followed throughout the rest of the night.

The next morning I decided to stay in the flat since Brian had found a new employee to help him go about his business today going from one boring meeting to another.

The boys had a day off from filming today so I decided I would go down to Ringo and George's flat to see what they were up to.

Knock knock knock.

"D'you wanna get that?" I heard Ringo yell.

"I'm in the shower!" I heard George yell irritatedly.

"Well I've got, company." Ringo yelled back loudly.

"You're unbelievable!" I heard George yell back before hearing him turn off the running water in the shower and the sound of footsteps approaching the door.

It opened suddenly and I was met face to face with George, who was wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. I gulped seeing his bare chest and wet brown hair and feeling like I was about to swoon.

I scolded myself mentally for feeling the way I did but I couldn't seem to help it.

"Poppy?" George questioned blushing slightly.

"I wanted to know what you were up to, but it seems to be the wrong time." I shook my head flustered turning back to the elevator.

"Wait, no, come in." George stopped me opening the door for me.

I obeyed walking in to his and Ringo's messy bachelor pad, clothes on the living room floor and many fan letters piling up on tables.

My eyes landed on Ringo and Maureen snuggled up on the living room couch, my eyes widening in delight.

"Mo!" I exclaimed excitedly.

She stood up and ran over to me, wearing one of Ringo's button up shirts and embracing me into a hug. We laughed together excitedly, it felt like I hadn't seen her in such a long time.

"It got lonely back in Liverpool without ye'." She smiled warmly as we broke away from each other.

"Well we're both here now." I smiled making her giggle.

Ringo walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, placing a trail of kisses along the side of her face sweetly.

"Ritchie and I are going to start looking for houses." She leaned back into him biting her lip full of joy.

"Congratulations." I beamed.

"I'm going to get dressed." George informed us before walking to his room.

"Are you back with him yet?" Maureen questioned brashly with a smirk as soon as George left the room.

"No, she's going out with an actor this afternoon." Ringo smiled as he looked over to me.

"Oh?" She asked, an eyebrow cocked.

I blushed looking down to my hands.

"But he broke up with Pattie?" Maureen inquired.

Ringo nodded looking down at her.

George reentered the room wearing a turtleneck and dress pants.

Maureen whispered something in Ritchie's ear and they went to sit down on the couch once again in attempt to stay out of George and I's way. I shifted uncomfortably.

"Can I get you something to drink?" George asked walking over to his kitchen that was connected to the living room.

"A tea would be lovely." I grinned following him to his kitchen and sitting down at the dining room table as he opened up his almost empty cupboards only feet away.

"Is something wrong Poppy?" He asked as he turned back to me, setting a box of tea bags down on the counter, examining my expression.

"I-I don't know." I shook my head thinking back to everything Brian had said to me yesterday.

"Well, If you need to talk about it I'm more than happy to listen." He grinned genuinely not forcing me to tell him anything, before turning his back to fill the tea kettle with water.

I smiled to myself as his words rung through my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378 32 13
!requests open! -george -john -ringo -paul *any other beatle will have to be requested* *smut included* key - fluff: ^...^ smut: !...! angst: #...# ...
9.3K 92 47
Some nice little stories for you all.///Requests are OPEN AGAIN! IF YOU DO HAVE IDEAS DO SEND THEM IN PLEASE!! I'LL BE HAPPY TO WRITE ANYTHING!! :) P...
76.6K 1.4K 49
-"𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛, 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑤𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑙𝑑𝑠"
7.6K 189 26
𝐀 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐚𝐮𝐥 𝐌𝐜𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐬 / 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 / 𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐬! 𝐓𝐨𝐩 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬: #𝟏 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐭...