13. Nowhere man

"Is it terrible if I back out now?" I whispered to George frightened as we entered the restaurant, it being far nicer than I had expected.

"I think we've come too far." George whispered back, motioning to my father who was waving over to us to join him in the table he was sat at.

"M-may I help the two of you?" The young man at the hostess table stammered recognizing George, gripping the menus closely against his chest with a shaky grip.

"We're meeting someone." George explained, watching with the corners of his mouth upturned slightly amused by the boy as the boy's mouth hung open slightly, nodding vigorously, brushing his long ginger hair from his eyes shakily.

"Go right ahead." His voice quivered as he spoke to George.

"Do I look alright?" I asked out of instinct, rubbing my sweaty palms against my black miniskirt.

"Yes." George replied nodding as his eyes examined me up and down slyly.

I laughed and hit him gently as he wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

My smile faded as I began to remember he was still with Pattie.

"Wait, hold on." He spoke with his wide smile dropping as he finally looked at my eye.

He placed his hand on the side of my head and fixed the makeup that was on my black eye with his thumb, making it blend in better with my skin.

I looked up at him, a smile rising to my lips once again as I watched him focusing on what he was doing very carefully, his pink tongue sticking slightly out the side of his mouth.

"There." He nodded stepping away after a moment.

"Thank you." I smiled meekly as we turned and began to walk over to my father.

I took a deep breath as we walked together side by side over to the table. I felt more at ease knowing I had George by my side to get me through the dinner.

Maybe it was a stupid idea knowing now how jealous Pattie could actually be, but I knew she hadn't a thing to worry about, surely if he's stayed with her through this he would stay with her through anything.

"Penelope," My father smiled to me as he stood up to greet the two of us.

He stuck out his hand for me to shake. I gulped, pushing my thoughts down to the back of my mind and shaking it, still slightly apprehensive.

He turned to George and shook his hand as well.

"I'm sorry I hadn't gotten your name the other day son. You are?" He asked merrily.

"-George Harrison." George nodded with a small grin.

"The Beatle?" His eyebrows raised.

"Yes sir." His grin raised exposing his teeth slightly.

He nodded impressed as we all sat down.

"Brian's your manager?" He asked already seeming to know the answer, having clicked the puzzle pieces together.

He seemed to have clearly known what Brian had been up to lately, yet hadn't contacted him to ever ask about me before, at least not to my knowledge.

"Yes." George nodded looking at me from the corner of his eye slightly uncomfortable.

Frank nodded with a giant merry smile, looking between the both of us.

Frank and George talked together until the waiter came and took our orders.

I watched with a clenched jaw at the joyful and carefree look on Frank's face.

"I'm going to be forthright with you Frank," I cut in abruptly.