1 | mágoa → gilbert blythe

By cllanuu

im sorry, but i have to. - Anna shirley a fourteen year old orphan with her sister, anne shirley. they didn... More

character
- arrival
- excited
- him
- concern
- fire
- biscuit
- amen
- coffee
epilogue
appreciation

- mood swings

1.4K 23 4
By cllanuu

chapter seven
mood swings
(n.) an abrupt and unaccountable change of mood.

Anna

Anne bust the door open not waiting for me to catch up as she was really pissed, for god knows why, but she storms into the house — putting down her stuff and take out her coat — while Marilla seemed to be sewing something that I can't quite see.

"Afternoon girls." Marilla greeted as she minds her own business.

"Yes, I am aware that it's the afternoon." Anne retorted as if Marilla said an offensive thing.

As Marilla stopped what she was doing and turned around to face the once happy and cheerful to a moody and nasty girl. " I beg your pardon?" Marilla said shocked. And I just shook my head and began to take out my coat.

"Why doesn't anyone say what they mean? 'Oh hello, you're still having the world lousiest day, oh well yes! Thank you, I am!'" Anne shouted the last few words causing me and Marilla to shake our heads.

"I thank you to mind your manners." Marilla scolds.

"What does that even mean!" Anne said pausing at every word while fully removing her coat — aggressively.

Marilla gave the 'oh well' face and continued, "Did you manage to talk things out with Diana?"

"Well, I talk to Diana, every day! So obviously I did." Anne snaps and I just facepalmed myself as I excluded myself from the conversation and walked up to Anne and I shared room.

"I don't feel very well." Anne sulks as she hasn't touched any of her dinner while her hair is all over the place, "Since it's Saturday, would it be okay if I go to bed for a little while?" Marilla replied with a yes and began cleaning up the dining table and I went to wash the dishes.

"I will be leaving for Rachel's soon if you like to invite Diana for tea today, you may."

After Marilla said that, Anne started blabbering non-stop and started to be all excited but soon dropped when she realised she didn't have anything to wear. "You have two perfectly good dresses." Marilla tried to help.

"But they wouldn't do for tea without puff sleeves! Matthew tell her!" Anne exclaimed looking at Matthew.

Matthew turned to look at Marilla, " She've been dreaming of having it since the day we met."

"Can you add puff sleeves to my grey dress?" Anne turned to face Marilla again, but Marilla rejected her, " But it wouldn't take too long. Please, Marilla, please. I'm the only girl without them!" I just cough trying to make her remember that I am still here.

"Do you want tea today or not." Marilla shuts Anne down and walks away which made Anne worried and chase after Marilla apologising after and after as Matthew looks at me confused and shocked and I just shrug and continue to do the dishes.

Afterwards, I heard Anne skipping around and smiling ear to ear.

What a mood swing.

" This is the last time Diana will ever step foot into this house!" That was the first thing I heard once I walked into the house, I quickly hanged up my coat and rushed to where Anne, Diana, Marilla and Diana's mother were. I take a look around and Anne and Diana looked messy — hairs are sticking out everywhere — and a strong smell of liquor coming from both of them.

My guess, they accidentally drank wine and Diana's mother caught them. "Please Miss Berry, I didn't mean to set Diana drunk!" Anne plead.

"You're not a fit little girl for Diana to associate with!" Miss Berry continued.

And I stepped in the argument, " Miss Berry, I'm pretty sure Anne wouldn't do this kind of stuff."

Miss Berry turned to me — I was standing behind Marilla — and stared at me wide-eyed, " As an older sister, you were out and letting your younger sister drink wine and getting my daughter drunk!" I just stared at her shocked, as usually a comeback would come out of my mouth but words couldn't leave my mouth at all.

What Miss Berry said was true, I let Anne and Diana drank wine, it was my fault to blame. "Whatever, the girls are forbidden to sit together at school, they are not to fraternise with each other at any place and any time!" Miss Berry shouted and Diana and Anne stared at each other, both trying to hold back their tears and sobs.

"I don't disagree that the girls should be punished," Marilla spoke up while Anne and Diana hold hands as if it was the end of the world to them, " Might I suggest the duration of two weeks?" Marilla tried to bargain.

"I must preserve my Diana from the contamination with further intimacy with such a child." Miss Berry said while walking towards Diana pulling her off the grip that Anne and Diana had, " My judgement is final!"

Miss Berry started pulling Diana away from Anne while Anne and Diana plead not to happen while I just stayed silent, Miss Berry pushed me away with her shoulder — giving me the death stare afterwards — and left the house as soon as possible while Marilla and I just stared at the crying mess which ran into our room after a few seconds.

"This was my fault Marilla, I shouldn't have left the house, I am to blame here, not Anne!" I said sitting down on the dining chair looking into space as Marilla came to sit beside me speechless.

School finally ended, Mr Phillips separated Anne and Diana setting arrangement by switches Anne and Ruby's place and given Anne duties to complete at the end of the school for the past few days as her punishment — which I found ridiculous — but I stayed back to help out which surprisingly Mr Phillips allowed, maybe because I was the fault that it happened. Maybe, maybe not.

" Anna, take this lessons to Gilbert Blythe." Mr Phillips snaps his finger — as if I was a dog — to catch my attention, "He has been missing classes, and I don't want him to fall behind, he's my best student." I simply just nodded and took the books and walked to Gilbert's house like how I remembered.

Once I reached Blythe's doorstep, I knocked on the door waiting for Gilbert to open up the door but no one did. After a few minutes, I knocked and called for Gilbert. Soon the door opened which I thought would reveal the boy with the brown messy hair and hazel eyes but instead a man who is bald, a shrunken face and using the door to support him — as he was too weak.

"Sorry to make you wait." He started, breathing in and out strongly.

"No no! It's fine." I said quickly don't know whether I'm at the right house, " Sorry, I think I got the wrong house."

"Gilbert is out back chopping wood." He breathes for air for every word which it suddenly came to me, this is Gilbert's father. " You're the Cuthbert's new charge aren't you?" I nodded and smiling sweetly, " I heard nice things about you. And how's Marilla? Still feisty I hope." He jokes which made me giggle.

"Yea-" Before I could say finish a familiar voice which I missed so dearly.

"Dad! What are you doing?" Gilbert said worriedly dropping the firewood, " You shouldn't be walking."

"My son worries too much. It seems like this beautiful lady has some urgent business with you. " Gilbert rushed to support Mr Blythe, " Well, I'll go inside now." Gilbert offered to help but Mr Blythe kept rejecting insisting for Gilbert to talk to me.

Gilbert turned to face me looking into the basket that has all of his lesson notes, " Those for me?" I nod suddenly getting rather nervous and stumble getting Gilbert's books out and passing to him. "Well uh, it's very nice of you to bring them by." He starts to get more awkward which made me even more nervous.

"Mr Phillips doesn't want you falling behind." I stuttered before giving a small smile.

"I don't either." He smiles, " You and Anne are going to beat me in class. I wanna do it fair and square." I smiled looking down at my boots, "Um, thanks a lot. I'll see you."

I nod and turned to walk away but turned back to find Gilbert staring at me, " If you want, I can always stop by after school to help you." He smiles.

"Just like you did." I gave him a small smile before turning away and walked home.

OH MI GARD ANNE SEASON TWO IS COMING IN 7 DAYS! 7 DAYS!!!!!!

okay I hope you liked this chapter!! and I don't really have much to say other than, share this book if you want too! comment what you think about this book and favourite it if you like it!

okay love u MUAWH

[ edited ]

i just watched anne s2 till ep 6 cause it's like 1:30am and i need my sleep
basically, i have it all planned out!!

i don't know if i should write a second book but comment below!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 1.1K 36
𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 | ❝ BUT IF I HADN'T FALLEN, I WOULDN'T HAVE MET YOU. ❞ Lavinia Laurent has lived in Avonlea for her entire life. She was adore...
9K 192 23
This story has been abandoned, I started writing it when I was 15 and I'm 20 now, it would be weird as an adult to continue writing it considering th...
618 25 5
Gilbert has just lost his father, he is alone and lost, he doesn't know what to do or what his future will look like, he hesitates to leave Avonlea. ...
662 12 5
Gilbert can never escape Anne Shirley Cuthbert, he's reminded of her wherever he is. But, how far is he willing to go to get her back after a misunde...