Let me go, Alpha

By CompassedShip

When your mate is in love with someone else. You should let him go. But what about those newfound feelings o... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20

Chapter - 10

9.3K 332 882
By CompassedShip

Notes:

Blame World Cup for the delay. ;)

Come, meet me on Tumblr :

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/compassedship69

+++

Harry twisted and turned on the air mattress. The afternoon sun was looming over the tent now, making the inside glow with orange ray. It was somehow warm inside the tent as Harry had closed the windows too.

Harry could not sleep. He pushed the blanket off his body and sighed, sitting up. The tent was getting steamy now. Harry looked at the draped window and sighed. He would have to keep it open at night.

Harry looked back at the hinged door, the curtain made a sound as it flapped because of the breeze. Harry knew, could feel, that the alpha was there, just outside.

"It was my mistake. I did not mean to kiss you, I am sorry."

The thing was... Harry hated people who could not take responsibilities. He hated those who would do something and then just never acknowledge it because they hated confrontation. Louis was just one of them. Was not he? He had kissed Harry and now he was running away. He said he was sorry.

Louis was sorry.

Was he sorry because he kissed Harry or because Harry was not up to the mark?

Harry's nostrils flared.

Was he not good?

Harry glared at the door. He would just ask Louis. Yes, he would just confront the alpha about the kiss if the alpha was not doing it himself.

Harry nodded to himself, heaving up on his feet. He walked fast towards the door and opened it. The soft and cold breeze touched his face as Harry peeked out. His eyes automatically found the alpha at some distance.

Louis was binding the hammock to a tree. His hands moved with skill as he tied the rope on a tree. His tank-top was plastered on his back with sweat dripping down his neck and shoulder-blades. Louis was working with deep concentration. His eyes were set on the knot he was doing on the rope. The alpha let out a ragged breath, closing his eyes as he tied one knot securely.

"Getting all sweaty, I see."

Harry flinched just like Louis. They both turned to face the source of the voice respectively.

Mason smirked from the doorstep of his tent. Those eyes were stuck on Louis' sweaty figure.

Louis shrugged as he gestured towards the hammock.

"I am almost out of practice. Can't believe that I forgot how to tie these knots."

Mason nodded, walking forward leisurely.

"I see. I hope you remember how to knot other things," he stepped in front of Louis and leaned closer, "or may I say, other people?"

Harry felt his fingers curling tightly on the door as he watched their interaction.

Louis chuckled, wiping his forehead with the hem of his tank-top. Harry noticed how Mason's eyes swooped down to look at the pudgy tummy under the alpha's top.

"Well, why do you think that I might forget that?" Louis asked, smirking.

Harry frowned. Wow! Louis was not offended.

Mason shrugged, gesturing towards the alpha in general, "You know, your omega hates you and all..." he stopped with a hint of something in his voice.

Louis laughed, shaking his head, "yeah, well. He does, doesn't he?"

Mason nodded, "pretty much."

Harry hated how they were talking about him as if he was an object and not there.

Louis quirked his right eyebrow, leaning against a tree, "well, what if I am doing the deed with someone else?"

Mason giggled, "Whom are you talking about?"

Louis shrugged, "you know, someone special. Someone who is way more handsome than Harry?" He eyed Mason with a playful smile.

Harry balled his fists so tightly that he could feel his own nails cutting in the skin of his palm.

Louis was openly flirting with Mason.

Mason laughed, swatting Louis' shoulder, "shut up, Lou!"

Louis laughed too, turning back to do the other side of the hammock.

"Do you need help?" Mason asked, leaning forward.

Louis shook his head, "Nah. I am almost done."

Mason nodded, "okay." Then his face brightened up, "hey? You tie the hammock. Then we can maybe drink some beer and talk about shit on it until the evening?"

Louis nodded with a smile, "sure, Mason. That sounds good."

Harry turned away, his breathing laboured.

As he threw himself on the mattress, his eyes welled up.

Louis was fucking other people.

He was surely flirting with Mason. Did they do something during the trip that Harry did not know of? Were they going to do something after they came back from the firework?

Harry wiped his eyes. It should not bother him. He should not care about Louis' affairs.

Then why was he feeling this gut-wrenching pain in his chest? Why were his eyes pooling with tears? His stomach rolled as he thought of Louis with Mason.

His omega was silent, mute almost. Harry did not know what that meant.

Was he affected?

Harry shook his head.

No. He was not affected. Louis did not affect him.

But...

Harry could not deny that at this point he was somehow, physically at least, attracted to the alpha. It was not like he was in love with Louis but he was attracted. Biology. It was simply their biology.

Harry loved Nick but it was not as if he was cheating if he thought that Louis was attractive, was it? He would never leave Nick for Louis. However, it was not bad to accept that he found Louis attractive.

He would forget Louis when he left the pack. As they said, out of sight out of mind.

Harry sighed, burying his face in the pillow. He did not sign up for this. He did not want this. He did not deserve this really. He felt pathetic as soon as he accepted that he was attracted to Louis. That was not supposed to happen.

All he wanted was a peaceful future where he was happy with his mate. All Harry wanted since childhood was someone who would love him without needing any reason. He wanted to fall in love with his mate and give everything to that person. He was ready to start a family with his mate.

Harry was tired. He was tired of his measured words when he loved rambling. He was tired of his hesitant stance in everything when he was always the confident one in their pack. Harry was tired of holding up that arrogant mask when all he wanted was to cuddle someone and just be the emotionally dependent one. He was done with the fake bravery he had to show when in reality, he was scared. It was as if the petals of the rose were falling one by one now. No matter what he did, his mask was breaking. No matter how hard he held it, the sand was slipping out of his fist. His control over his omega was slipping.

He loved being a little spoon, now he had to sleep alone in that big bed and pretend to be fine. No one asked him what his heart went through the night of his and Louis' mating. He was scared shitless. He was trembling when Louis had come in. No one was there to hold him close or ask if he was all right or not. Harry was not sure if Louis would force him or not and he knew that if the alpha forced himself on Harry, he would be helpless. That helpless feeling was never good.

No one asked him what he went through every day when Liam or anyone close to Louis would look at him with fury. He had no one to stand up for him. It felt like, someone was hammering him to the wall. No one asked him how he was. The pain intensified when he went home and his parents kept reminding him that he was supposed to be the submissive one and take everything Louis was giving him. Harry's anger had flared when Anne had told him how lucky he was to have Louis. No one really asked him if he really was fine or not.

The boy, who was raised like the prince by his parents, was suddenly descended to the level of a delicate homemaker or even worse, sex slave. No one came with him to the Tomlinson pack as his moral support. They just let him go. His parents just let him go. He had crossed the border with no known face beside him. His father had told him to not look back because the Tomlinson pack was his home now. They did not even call the next day.

He had felt like an abandoned child. It had felt like his parents were relieved, as he was gone.

And Harry had no one to blame but Louis. Louis was the reason he was dragged away from his family. Louis was the reason Harry had to leave Nick behind. Louis was the reason for Harry's tears. Louis was the cause of his distress.

He hated the alpha even before meeting him. For Harry, Louis was the golden chain Harry's parents were tying around his ankles and wrists. He was the gilded cage they were shoving Harry in.

How was all this his fault? Why was everyone blaming him or telling him to rethink about Louis?

Did they think about his position? Ever?

He was given no reasons or excuses before Desmond announced that he was getting married in one week. Harry was not even granted the questions he had in his mind because it was announced at a party where Harry had to keep up his, "happy-go-lucky," expression. He did not even know that he was promised to someone! Desmond did not even tell him personally. He announced it like Harry was a national property, not his son.

No one asked him what he wanted. Everyone praised him for securing such a huge position. The Luna of the Tomlinson pack! It was like; Harry was born to be a baby making machine or a stress reliever for Louis.

No one really paid him any attention. No one really noticed those red-rimmed eyes as he was just literally dragged to the chapel for his marriage. No one even asked him why he looked so pale that day. Why was he not eating?

No one cared enough. It was like; he was raised for this sacrifice. He was just an alluring trade for their pack. He was not supposed to have feelings or emotions.

What was Harry's fault, really? He loved Nick. Why was it a fault? Was it his fault that he wanted to live his life on his own accord? Was it his fault if he was the aloof one? Harry's opinion was never really treasured so he had stopped getting involved. He was called aloof, emotionless then. He was not emotionless but it was good to be aloof if getting involved meant hurting yourself. Harry had learnt it in the hardest way possible.

Why was everyone asking him to change or just give in? Why would he?

No one really loved him. No one really cared about him. Everyone, even his parents, was using him for something profitable.

Desmond used him for the safety of the Styles' pack. Louis used him for the dominance he had now on the Styles' pack. No one really stopped for a second to just ask him, "How are you? What do you want? Are you happy?"

No one.

It was like; he was thrown into the burning charcoal by everyone as the sacrifice. No one really jumped in it with him. The feeling of aloneness was the worst kind of feeling but Harry had accepted it.

If in that situation, Harry thought about his own self-respect and dignity, was it really his fault?

.

Harry wiped his eyes. No. He would not cry. It was not his fault. He would not give in. Nothing was really his fault. If they thought that he would just take everything thrown at his way, then they were wrong. Harry had his own life and he would be damned if he let someone else lead it.

He would die before giving up to their wishes.

+++

Someone was patting his shoulder when Harry blinked his eyes open.

His eyes settled on two blue orbs of his friend. He whined, turning away.

"What is it, Niall?"

Niall chuckled at his whiny voice, "get up. It is almost evening. We need to go to the peak of the mountain to see the fireworks. Everyone is almost ready to leave. Louis asked me to wake you up."

Louis!

Harry yawned. His eyes fell on the omega in front of him. Niall was looking at him, waiting for him to wake up.

"You go. I am coming," Harry said, rubbing his eyes.

Niall nodded, standing up.

"Don't just drift off again, yeah?"

Harry chuckled, "no, Niall. I will join you all. Give me a minute."

Niall nodded, leaving the tent.

Harry stood up with his mouth forming a yawn. His eyes were bleary as he blinked them, trying to focus.

Harry tried not to think too much about the fact that Louis had come in to get ready but he did not wake Harry up. Instead, he had sent Niall.

The alpha was deliberately ignoring Harry. Was not he?

+++

Louis was talking to Liam about a mail he got from the pack's security team when the omega emerged from the orange tent. Louis tried hard not to stare when Harry joined them and apologized to the group for the delay.

Louis was just not sure where to go from here. Was he supposed to just ignore what happened? Well, was not that what Harry was doing?

The Omega did not even look at his way since he came out of the tent. Louis looked down at Liam's phone where the team had sent him a photo of the lone wolf. Louis squinted to see who the wolf was but the image was so blurry that he could not really figure it out.

"Any clue?" Liam asked, furrowing down at the phone.

Louis shook his head, "Nah, mate. I can't even see the wolf clearly."

From the corner of his eyes, Louis saw Harry smiling at Niall and Perrie as they talked.

"I can't either. It can be a rogue or maybe some lone wolf. What do you think I should tell the team?" Liam asked.

Louis shrugged, "just tell them to be more alert. I don't want an unknown wolf anywhere near the pack. They should be more alert but don't shoot the wolf. I don't want to kill it even before knowing who it is. Just, if they get it, tell them to keep him in custody. Ask Stan for daily updates. I want photos. Clear ones."

Liam nodded, already typing. Louis watched him type, just to pass the time.

"Can we go now?" Niall said, "We all are ready."

Louis turned to see that yes, Zayn was finally out too. He nodded, gesturing for Liam to follow him.

Zayn and Liam stepped beside him as they walked. Liam was telling Zayn about the mishap as they walked. Zayn was not really concerned like Liam. He knew that the security team was just A class in their pack so they were fine. He said that much to Louis and Louis agreed with him. He was thinking the same.

Louis took a sideways glance to see that Harry was walking with Niall, his head ducked.

The evening sun was setting on the horizon. Louis could feel the chilly breeze. The night was going to be really cold on the hammock. He hoped it did not rain.

"Are we doing bonfire when we come back?"

Louis looked at his left to see Mason entangling his arm in Louis'. Louis shook his head, looking down at where he was stepping.

"Not really. The firework goes on 'til at least midnight. We will be knackered to do anything else when we come back."

Mason whined, resting his head on Louis' shoulder with a pout.

Louis chuckled when he looked down at his friend. He knew how much Mason loved bonfires. He kissed the omega's hair with a soft smile.

"We will do it tomorrow, Mason."

Wide, excited eyes looked up at him as they walked, "promise?"

Louis nodded with a smile, "promise."

Liam and Zayn were talking beside Louis. Louis could hear they were still discussing the wolf from the pack. It was making Louis think too. He looked back to see the others.

Niall and Perrie were discussing something funny as it looked. They laughed while gesturing wildly. Louis shook his head with a smile when Niall squeaked.

His eyes, however, gravitated back to the omega behind them. Harry was walking all alone. His head was still bent. Those curls were hiding his face as they flopped on his forehead. Louis watched how the omega shivered under the chilly air.

Why was he not wearing something woollen?

"Oh, the stairs," Mason complained as they reached the stairs.

Harry looked up then. Louis was losing his balance as he kept taking backwards glances. He almost stilled when the omega's eyes found him.

Harry stilled too. Their eyes were locked on each other as they waited. Louis could see that Harry was shivering, his hands shoved in his jeans. Those green eyes moved over his face, searching something. Louis did not know what to say or do. His mouth felt dry as Harry blinked at him.

Louis was the first one to turn back to face the stairs ahead.

"Just thirty steps and we will be there, folks." He called out behind them.

Everyone muttered their agreement or discomfort but followed nonetheless.

Louis pulled Mason with him, laughing when the omega complained throughout the journey.

+++

Niall huffed after just ten steps. He would like to take a break but Perrie was talking to him and he could not simply just sit down after just ten steps. He was going slowly anyway, Harry just collided with him some time ago. Now the omega was climbing the steps ahead of them.

"You look exhausted. Are you fine?" Perrie asked, worried.

Niall nodded, trying to calm his breathing down, "yeah. Yeah. I would just sit here for a moment and then climb again."

Perrie stopped too, watching Niall, "okay."

Niall shook his head when Perrie went to sit, "no, no. You go on. You might miss the opening firework otherwise. I will be fine."

Perrie shook her head, "no. I am fine. I have seen the fireworks before. I will do without watching the starting of the fireworks."

Niall shook his head vehemently, "just go. I don't want to ruin your romantic moment. Zayn might pout throughout the trip."

Perrie giggled, "Are you sure?"

Niall nodded, resting his back on the rock, "hundred per cent!"

Perrie hesitated for a moment and when Niall glared at her mockingly, she stepped away. Niall watched her go, sighing when she took the turn.

He closed his eyes, trying to ease out the knot at the base of his spine.

.

Niall was not sure how long he was sitting there when he felt a presence in front of him.

His eyes flew open to see that Liam was watching him. The alpha was standing just in front of him, leaning against the rock at the opposite side.

Niall gulped, staying silent under the alpha's observant eyes.

Liam was simply watching him, his eyes calculative as they roamed over Niall's face.

Niall was trying not to squirm as he stared back. He was trying not to hide his stomach with his arms and pull unwanted attention on him.

"What the fuck is going on in your tiny brain?" Liam asked, slowly. He looked so composed that Niall knew how angry the alpha really was. It was like watching a storm building inside the alpha.

"No-nothing, what are you talking about?" Niall fumbled for words, looking at the alpha with baited breath.

"Why are you getting all wounded as soon as you are in front of me? Why are you hiding your stomach? Is it hurting?"

Niall shook his head, trying to find out words. Nothing came to his brain.

Liam pushed his back off the rock and walked closer. When he was standing just in front of Niall, he leaned closer, eyes skimming the omega.

"Are you fine?"

Niall's eyes met those brown ones and if he was not sure that Liam hated him, he would mistake that look as of a concern. But Niall knew Liam. Liam hated him. He was not concerned.

"I am just tired. You go ahead, I will be there when I can manage to climb the steps," Niall gestured towards the rocky path.

Liam sighed, "You will miss the starting that way."

Niall shrugged, "I can't even stand up now. My legs are shaking. Might as well take some rest. You go ahead. You will miss the starting too."

Liam said nothing but Niall could feel those eyes scanning his body. He tried not to squirm when Liam stayed there, looking at him.

"Fine, I might leave as well. I don't want to miss the beginning," Liam said, stepping away from him.

Niall sighed when Liam turned away. His eyes closed on their own accord as he leaned his head back on the rock.

.
Niall squeaked when he felt himself being lifted from the rock. His hands flared for a moment until they were looped around someone's neck. Niall's eyes flew open to see Liam carrying him bridal style.

"Wh-what are you doing?" he asked, stammering.

Liam was facing the front when he answered nonchalantly, "carrying you."

Niall arranged himself closer to the alpha's chest, hiding his face at the crook of Liam's neck, "you don't have to."

Liam shrugged, not looking at him for once, "I know that."

Niall said nothing more. He was tired and his alpha was carrying him. His omega was preening as he inhaled the alpha's scent. Niall had never felt so secure. His eyes scanned Liam's impassive face.

How was it possible to be threatened by someone and at the same time feel like that person was the biggest assurance in his life?

Niall did not know. He did not ask.

+++

Harry watched.

Harry watched Louis lighting up the Sparklers. He watched the alpha giving one of them to Mason and watching him with a fond smile as Mason moved it round and round.

He watched Louis lighting up some more and giving them to Zayn and Perrie.

Harry blinked down when Perrie handed him one of the sticks. He was not in the mood.

"Can I light the ground spinner?" Mason asked.

Louis shook his head, "no. You are wearing synthetic socks. You might catch fire."

Mason pouted, blinking up at Louis innocently.

"Harry? Do you want to light the spinners?" Perrie asked, pointing at them.

Harry shook his head, "no. I am fine here."

He watched Zayn stepping ahead to do the work.

His eyes fell on Mason again. His heart pulsated in his chest when he saw Louis holding Mason's hand and they both making shapes in the air with the sparklers.

Harry looked back to see a lot of couples were around them, lighting spinners or sparklers and having fun. Some of them were taking selfies with sparklers lighting up their faces. His eyes fell on Niall and Liam, they were standing side by side, both holding a Roman Candles in their hands and watching it colour up the atmosphere. Niall was leaning against Liam's side, Liam's hand slowly came up to cage Niall's waist.

Harry looked away, sighing.

Harry loved sparklers. He loved to watch those flakes lighting up the dark surface of night. He loved those spinners too. He remembered dancing around the spinners with his sister and cousins. He was always so eager to light up a fountain and watch it reach the peak of the sky, well, he imagined it to be the peak of the sky. Harry loved the shooting sound of these crackers.

No one really asked him again to light up the spinners or the fountains. His eyes fell on Louis when the alpha ran back to their group after lighting up a rocket. They watched it blasting in the sky, leaving behind golden hue.

Harry wiped his eyes when they started welling up for no apparent reason. His chest was feeling the void of something unknown.

Harry pulled the thin jacket tightly around him.

"Shit, Mason," Louis' indignant cry broke Harry's thoughts and his eyes fell on the couple.

Louis was holding Mason's face, the omega wincing.

"What happened?" Liam asked, not leaving Niall's side.

Louis cupped Mason's face and blew air in his eyes, "shit! He got flakes in his eyes." he blew some more, "blink rapidly, Mason."

Harry let out a breathy chuckle, shaking his head.

"It hurts, Lou," Mason whined, his eyes getting redder.

"Splash some water," Perrie said, trying to pull out a bottle of water from her bag.

"Why don't you kiss it better, Louis?"

Everyone stopped for a moment around him. Louis stilled. His shoulders tensed up as he held Mason's face in his hands.

Then all of them were facing Harry, questions colouring their eyes.

Harry was not looking at them though.

His eyes were stuck on the alpha who finally let go of Mason's chin and turned to face Harry almost in slow motion. Those blue eyes were finally on Harry.

Harry wanted to laugh at Louis' perplexed expression. The alpha looked white at face. His lips were trembling as if Harry might break the news in front of everyone. He looked like he was ready to run for the jungle.

"What? You know you can. Distract him from the pain, Louis. Kiss him," Harry gestured towards Mason who was blinking at him now, his pain forgotten.

"What are you talking about?" Liam asked, confused.

Harry did not break the eye contact with Louis as he answered.

"Oh, Louis can kiss away your pain or fear, Liam. Trust me he is a pro at that. No, Louis?"

Louis' jaw tightened, his eyes settling for something icy as he stared at Harry. Harry could see the alpha getting riled up.

"What?" Perrie asked, her voice low. She sounded hesitant but curious at the same time.

"Mason," everyone jumped around Harry and Louis when Zayn called Mason's name, louder than necessary, "splash some water on your face. Shit, your eye looks painful."

The beta broke the trance around them expertly. Everyone turned back to help Mason.

Well, not everyone.

Harry was still staring at Louis and the alpha was glaring back at him. Both of them were waiting for the other to say or do something. Harry could feel his heartbeat picking up when Louis gritted his teeth. His omega was whining in him, trying to force him to submit when Louis just hissed under his breath.

Harry turned away, resigned. He was not having fun here. The main firework ceremony had not started yet but Harry was sure that he would not enjoy that one either. He was just tired. Simply exhausted.

He would just go back to the tent and sleep.

Harry hung his head as he walked away from the group, expertly sidestepping Niall who was looking back at him worriedly. Harry would talk to him later. Now was not the time.

His eyes were getting hazy as he walked. He wiped at them profusely. Why did the alpha affect him so much? How did it matter if Louis was acknowledging the kiss or not?

It mattered though.

It mattered because, throughout his life, Harry was always the neglected one. Not really worth any attention. Maybe that was the reason Harry sought acknowledgement that much. Maybe that was the reason Harry wanted to be someone's centre of attention. He did not know. Harry was worth at least some words. Not the dismissal Louis served him. Harry was worth more than that.

+++

"Just give him some time, yeah?" Zayn mumbled.

Louis could feel his head throbbing with pain and he was feeling anger boiling through his veins. He watched Harry leave. His eyes followed the omega until he could not.

Harry had a way with words. He was always hurting Louis' core. He was always stabbing Louis where it hurt the most. He was slicing the part that sizzled the most.

Why did he have to say that? Was he mocking Louis? Was he mocking Louis' concern for him? Was Harry mocking the kiss?

What was Louis' fault in it? He was trying to help! For fuck's sake.

"Where are you going?" Zayn asked, placing his hand on Louis' chest to stop him.

Louis pushed Zayn's hand away, his eyes fixed on the curve of the rock where Harry had disappeared.

"Louis, don't," Zayn warned, his voice urgent.

Louis was already leaving Mason's hand to follow Harry. He ignored Liam's questions, Zayn's warnings and Mason's tug on his wrist.

He needed an answer.

Fuck it.

+++

It was like instinct. Harry could feel Louis.

His omega keened in him as he stopped on his track.

He turned to see Louis coming down the steps towards him. Harry was standing at the foot of the steps. His eyes were set on Louis and how the alpha was almost flowing down the steps. His legs were effortlessly hopping off step to step as he descended. Louis was looking effortlessly gorgeous under the dim lights of the path.

Harry turned back towards the trail that would lead him to the tents. He stepped forward. He would not wait for Louis.

But Harry just took four or so steps and then Louis was holding his wrist back, preventing his further steps.

Harry did not turn to see the alpha this time. He stared ahead.

"Fuck this," he heard Louis swore.

A gasp tore out of Harry's lips when he felt a sudden push. His whole body jerked before he hit the tree beside the path. Harry reached his flaring hands out to hold on to anything that was stable, his eyes closing with fear. Cause, his own feet were a tangled mess, he was falling. His head hit the tree and his hands touched someone's shoulder. Harry gripped it desperately.

When he opened his eyes, they connected with a pair of blue ones. Louis was standing just in front of him, holding him in place. His hands were burning Harry's skin where they touched him on his waist.

Harry balanced himself on his legs with Louis' support and sighed. Then his eyes widened.

Harry tried to push the alpha away, just to have Louis pressed against him.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Harry shouted, struggling to be free.

Louis growled, his chest shaking with the sound.

It was all it took for Harry to settle. His head fell forward in a bowing motion, his omega puling in him.

Well, until Harry's rational mind kicked in. Was the alpha really forcing him to submit?

Harry pushed harder at Louis' chest, managing to shove the alpha away some steps.

"What the fuck?" he shouted again.

Louis growled again, "what were you saying there? Why did you say it?"

Harry scoffed, "why? I was not supposed to break the news to your lover?"

Louis furrowed his brows, looking at Harry disbelievingly, "what lover? What news? What are you talking about, Harry?"

Harry was feeling the fire of anger rising in his stomach, slowly climbing higher.

"Stop being so naïve, you fucker!" he screamed, stepping forward to jab his index finger on Louis' chest, "you have the guts to kiss me then you should have the balls to accept it! What? Can't you accept that you really kissed me?"

Louis did not bulge under Harry's jabbing finger, he enclosed his fingers around Harry's wrist instead, holding Harry's fist hostage.

"When did I not accept it? I told you it was a mistake this afternoon. Don't you remember it?"

Harry wanted to scream and thrash. So he did.

He stepped forward to breathe almost on Louis' face as he screamed, "Why was it a mistake? Because it was me? Not Mason? Why are you avoiding me? Do you regret the kiss that much?"

Louis was speechless for a moment and then he let out a breathy, disbelieving laugh.

"I regret the kiss? Me? Or you regret it? You think that it was disgusting. Don't you? You would turn back time and have it erased if you can, no? Why are you blaming me for that?"

Louis was screaming too.

The road was not jammed with pedestrians as almost everyone went to see the fireworks. They were not making a scene at the middle of the path anyway, they were on the trail.

Harry shook his head, "don't you fucking dare blame it on me! I am not the one who practically ran out of the cable-car as soon as we reached the station. I am not the one who fucked off with Mason. I am not the one who called it a mistake. It was you!"

Louis held Harry's shoulders and gave him a rough jerk, his eyes wild. Harry had never seen him so angry before. Louis was always calm. He was always the clear-headed one.

Harry hissed in pain when Louis' grip on his biceps hardened. The alpha growled again, unabashedly.

"I said it so I am the villain now? You felt the same, didn't you? For you, it was a mistake too. Wasn't it? Just because I said it aloud, I am at fault? Where do you keep such hypocrisy, Harry?" The vein at the side of Louis' throat was visible as he screamed, his eyes bloodshot.

Harry shook his head, his eyes welling up for no apparent reason. He tried to come back with a reply but Louis was already in his space, crowding him against a tree. Harry shivered when he felt the cool surface of the tree against his back and the warm touch of Louis' chest on his.

Their faces were almost in touching distance.

"You are the hypocrite, Louis!" Harry hissed, his eyes set on the raging alpha, "you fucking kissed me. You had the guts to do it and then you regret it? Why? Was not it up to the mark? Was it not seductive enough for you?"

Louis' eyes searched his face, his jaw tight as he spat his words, "I was not trying to find pleasure there. You were on the verge of panic attack. I can't believe you are shouting at me for saving you!"

Harry shoved the alpha, failing to push him away when Louis gripped his hips and stood his ground. Harry shoved down the tingling feeling he got when Louis' hands held his hips.

"So what shall I do, Louis? Bow down to thank you for saving me? Oh, you are such a hero, Louis! You saved a fucking damsel-in-distress! I was lost there. So," Harry reached out to grip Louis' collars, jerking him forward, "how are you feeling about it? Regretful?"

Louis snarled, "Who told you that I am regretting it? What the fuck!"

Harry stomped his foot on Louis', ignoring how Louis did not even flinch.

"You said it. I am not dumb, Louis. I understand what you mean."

Louis let out a disbelieving laugh, "do you really, Harry?"

When Harry just stared, Louis pulled him closer, "do you really understand what I actually mean?"

Harry nodded, maintaining the eye contact, "yes, I do. You regret it! You regret kissing me! You just ignored me after that. You just left me there! How selfish of you..."

Harry's head was smacked against the tree in a second. Louis' lips were on his, pressing him against the tree.

Harry's eyes were wide, his hands stiff on Louis' collar. He could feel his knees going limp as the alpha groaned in his mouth.

Louis growled in the kiss as his lips moved over Harry's. His hands rubbed the omega's hipbones, squeezing them.

"I," Louis hissed, "Don't," another kiss, "regret," his teeth bit down on Harry's lower lip, "this!"

When Harry did not kiss back, Louis backed his head away to look at the omega in the eyes.

"I don't regret kissing you, Harry. I don't regret a moment of it and if you would let me, I will kiss you every time I see you!"

Harry could feel his body going lax, chill running up from his fingertips and spreading across his chest. Something like a feather was tickling his stomach as it rolled in him. His eyes were locked on Louis'. Those blue orbs were fixed on him, not moving. Louis was not even blinking as it seemed.

It was like; finally, his tensed muscles were relaxing. Finally, Harry's shoulders were hunching forward as unexpected relief ran through him.

Harry let out a breath and pulled Louis closer, "fuck you!"

This time the kiss was rough. Their hands grappled each other. Louis pushed Harry more against the tree, his hands kneading Harry's waist. Harry whimpered when he felt Louis' beard scratching his chin, leaving behind marks.

They both pulled each other's hair. Harry's hands gripped Louis' nape, pulling at the hair. Harry whimpered when the alpha growled on a certain rough pull. Louis' fingers were woven in Harry's curls, pulling at it. Harry leaned in the touch, his lips moving as fast as he could manage.

He was no match for Louis though. The alpha was dominating the kiss from the start. Harry was just following him. Their lips smacked again and again. Harry was breathless; his hands were gripping Louis' collars so tightly that he was sure that he left crinkles there. Their noses were bumping from time to time. He could taste the alpha in his mouth now; his nose flaring to take in the alpha's grounding smell. Uneven breathing was heard as they panted against each other's mouth.

.

.

There was a shooting sound.

They broke apart to look at each other, both of them breathing raggedly.

Louis still held Harry closer, his hands unforgiving on Harry's hips. Harry's hands were now resting on Louis' nape, moving softly through those soft threads.

The shooing noise was of shooting willow firework. Blue and green trails were spreading all across the sky. Harry looked down to see Louis' face was glowing with the lights as the alpha watched him. Those blue orbs were gleaming under the fireworks.

Harry let out a shaky breath when Louis pulled him closer. Their lips met slowly this time, skimming each other. Harry's hands were cupping the alpha's nape, rubbing his thumb against Louis' ears.

Louis was the demanding one. He bit Harry's lower lip, pulling at it. Harry let him, whining when the alpha caressed his bare hips under the jacket.

The firework went on as they kissed against the tree.

"Fuck," Louis swore when they pulled apart. His eyes closed when he rested his forehead against Harry's shoulder.

Harry had no words. His heart was hammering against his chest as he tried to calm his breathing. The alpha's scent was intoxicating as he nosed Harry's neck. Harry could feel tickle going down his neck. He bit down on Louis' shoulder, hiding his face there.

When Louis pulled away finally, their eyes met.

Louis was the first one to take a step back, his hands falling from Harry's hips. His eyes were set on Harry, alarmed. Harry could see that the alpha was ready to run again. His eyes were scared, hesitant.

"I don't regret it either," Harry whispered, his eyes focused on the ground. His hands were shaking as he pushed them in his pockets. The air around him was suddenly chilly as Louis took two steps back.

"What about Nick?" Louis sounded tentative, measured.

Harry met Louis' eyes, "It is not like I am cheating on him. We are married."

Louis gestured to Harry, "You love him!"

Harry nodded, "I do. Of course, I do. But this is just physical, right? We both are around each other so much. Our wolves want it. We are just giving in to the physical needs. Right?"

+++

It felt like hot pins were pushing through Louis' heart, trying to take away his last breath. It was painful like someone was rubbing salt on his open wound. Those words itched like a skin infection.

Louis felt like shouting. He felt like shouting at Harry and ask him what was wrong with him. What was biology? Did he not feel the way Louis felt when their lips met? Was it really just physical? Did not his heart skip even one beat? Well, Louis' skipped several.

But Louis said nothing. He was pathetic. He wanted it all. Whatever he could get. Whatever Harry would give. If the omega wanted something physical then Louis was desperate enough to give in. He would take it and say nothing. He would choose Harry in any way he could get the omega.

So he nodded, looking down at their boots.

"Yeah, it is just physical," he murmured, not meeting Harry's eyes.

Harry sighed, audibly. His hands reached out to touch Louis.

Louis tried not to flinch when the omega pulled him closer again, their mouths meeting for another round of kisses.

Louis just closed his eyes, letting the omega lead the kiss this time.

If he just imagined it to be more than it was, Harry did not have to know.

+++

Niall clamped down on his clattering teeth when the cold air blew again. His hands were shaking as he clasped them in front of his chest. He watched everyone around him enjoying the fireworks. Couples were snogging as time went on.

He jumped when he felt someone pulling him against a solid chest.

"Turn around," the alpha ordered.

Niall followed, his eyes meeting Liam's calculative ones. Liam said nothing as he hugged Niall closer, their chests meeting. He pulled off his leather jacket, much to Niall's confusion. Then he was covering Niall with it, pulling him closer in that embrace.

Niall hid his face at the crook of the alpha's neck, inhaling the soothing scent of his mate. His heart lurched in his throat when he thought about never feeling this warmth again. His heart lost several beats as he realized that he would never smell Liam around him again. He would never come back and Liam would never search for him. Niall would never see the alpha again.

Liam held him tightly against his chest, purring to soothe him. Niall tried not to cry, his eyes welling up.

"Let's go back," Niall whispered against the alpha's chest.

"Now? It has just started," Liam said, confused.

Niall shook his head, "please, Liam."

Liam pushed away slightly, just to look down at the omega. His eyes were focused on Niall.

"Are you fine?"

Niall nodded, "just take me back. Please!"

Liam said nothing for a moment, just staring at Niall. Niall stared right back, his eyes taking in the alpha.

"Okay, let's go," Liam said then, sighing.

They turned away from the group after Liam told Zayn that Niall was not feeling okay.

As they came closer to the steps, Liam stopped. Niall looked at him quizzically and Liam gestured towards the path.

"It is a long way. Hop on."

Niall did not understand what the alpha was saying, so he just looked at him questioningly.

Liam rolled his eyes, "hop on me. I will carry you."

Niall wanted to question him. He wanted to protest but his omega was craving the alpha's touch. Anything. He would take anything right at the moment. So he did. He jumped on Liam, locking his ankles around Liam's hip and hiding his face in Liam's neck.

The alpha held him under his bum and started walking.

"Are you sure that you are fine?" Liam asked again.

Niall said nothing. He kissed the alpha's cheek, lingering there.

When he pulled back to look at Liam, Liam was staring right back.

"I am sure."

+++

Harry was not sure how they ended up on the hammock. He lay flat on his back and Louis hovered over him. Their hands were merciless as they touched each other. The alpha was a demanding lover. Harry was putty in those expert hands.

Louis was sucking a bite on his neck as Harry tried not to whine too much. He was losing it. His legs were parted open as Louis lay between them. A thick blanket was over them.

"Som-someone," Harry mewled when Louis pulled at his jugular with his teeth, "someone might see."

Louis pushed off, his eyes set on Harry. Harry tried not to pull him back down. The alpha looked predatory with those blown away eyes and those thin, sinful lips. Harry's hands tightened on Louis' hair as they watched each other.

"Want to stop?" Louis asked.

Harry wanted to smack him for sounding so smug. Louis knew that Harry would not. He glared at Louis anyway.

Louis laughed, dropping down to work on the bite. His left hand was on Harry's chest, travelling downwards. Harry arched off the hammock, his hands settling on Louis' shoulder blade. Louis grinded down on Harry, growling in his chest.

When Louis stopped this time, the alpha rolled away. Well, as much as the hammock supported. Their sides still touched. Harry closed his eyes, trying to even out his breathing. His hands were shaking, so was his thighs. Louis' uneven breathing was somewhat grounding. Knowing that the alpha was affected too, made Harry smile.

He blinked up at the sky. It was clear. Harry could see stars shining across space. His head turned to see that Louis was watching the stars too. Harry tried not to feel squirmy when he saw the dishevelled state of Louis' hair. The alpha was pulling out a cigarette and lighting it up.

Harry watched Louis inhale the smoke and then let it out.

"Are we doing the right thing?" Louis asked, thoughtful.

Harry turned sideways to face the alpha completely.

"Yeah. I mean," he shrugged, "it is just kissing. Nothing... we are not attached or something."

Louis nodded, his brows pulling down as he sighed.

"Nothing attached. Like, no string attached snogging?"

Harry tried not to think too much about the way that tasted in his mouth. He nodded stiffly.

"Yeah, something like that."

Louis nodded, eyes still fixed on the sky, "and we are free to have physical relationships with other people?"

Harry looked down at the ropes of the hammock. That was not something he wanted. The thought of Louis kissing someone else, having sex...

"No."

Louis turned his head slightly to look at Harry, his expression thoughtful.

"No what, Harry?"

Harry shook his head, "you can't go off to snog someone else. No."

When Louis said nothing, Harry looked up. Only to see that Louis was staring at him, the right side of his lips twitched upwards.

"Exclusive no string attached snogging then?" the alpha asked.

Harry bit his lips, nodding. His stomach flipped when Louis' eyes fell on his lips. Harry caressed them with his tongue, looking at the alpha.

"Is it going to be a secret?" Louis asked next, his eyes still set on Harry.

Harry tried not to dwell on it too much. He wanted to keep it a secret. He was not really ready to kiss or touch Louis in front of everyone. But at the same time, he wanted Mason or anyone who had eyes for Louis to know that Louis was coming home to him.

The things were going really fast for Harry. Harry needed time to think but he wanted it to be a secret. At least, for now.

"Yes," he said finally, "I mean," he gestured with his hands, "we don't really owe anyone an explanation, right?"

Louis nodded, "of course."

They were silent for some minutes after that. Louis threw the cigar away after a long drag and closed his eyes, letting the smoke roam around in his lungs. He wanted to feel the burn. He wanted to remind himself that the arrangement was not what he wanted. He would be the only one to get hurt at the end when Harry would end it but Louis was not ready to just back off.

Kissing Harry was addictive. He was not ready to let go yet.

"What is snogging for you?"

Harry jumped at the sudden question and furrowed his brows at the alpha.

"What?"

Louis blinked up at the sky, "like, just kissing? Something more? What?"

Harry could feel his cheeks heating up. He felt his heart hammering against his chest as he tried to bat away the image of Louis and him doing something more than kissing.

"Just kissing," he whispered.

Louis nodded, "okay."

.

They both stopped talking when they heard footsteps approaching them. Harry looked over his head to see that Liam was coming towards the tents. Niall was almost wrapped around him. Liam did not look affected though. He was looking quite composed.

He stopped when his eyes fell on the hammock. Those thick brows furrowed.

"What are you two doing?" he asked, voice hushed.

"Resting? Having a drag? What do you think, Lima bean?" Louis said, dancing his brows.

Liam winced, "Shh! Lower your voice. Niall is sleeping."

When Louis just arched his brow, Liam sighed.

"He is already tired. Might as well let him sleep."

Harry looked at Niall with concern, "is he going to be fine?"

Liam looked at Niall, something like a soft smile on his face, "yeah. I will not leave his side. He will be fine."

Harry wanted to say that it might be the problem, Liam staying with Niall all the time. But he stopped when he saw the look on Liam's face.

The alpha had his eyes stuck on the sleeping omega as he started walking towards their tent.

"Good night, Liam," Louis called out.

"Night, you two!"

Harry turned back to face the alpha, "might as well go to the tent. Others will come back soon."

Louis nodded, "yeah. You go, get dressed for bed. I will sleep in these." He gestured towards his clothes.

Harry hesitated for a moment. His eyes took in the alpha. Well, knowing the alpha, he might be able to stay here the whole night but...

What if Louis fell ill? The night was chilly.

Harry hopped off the hammock. He would just go and get changed.

+++

Louis was thankful that Harry did not stay or ask him to come along. He needed time to think.

He needed to go back through the evening and see if it was the right thing they were doing.

Louis knew that it was not. They both were just riled up and this, "no-strings-attached," thing would fail as soon as Harry realized it.

Louis needed some time to talk to his wolf too. Since the evening, it was on high alert. It was thriving in him. His wolf was taking over his mind, which was not a good sign. Louis was not ready to lose himself like that yet.

He was not ready to push his luck. He was not ready to just fuck everything up even before it had started.

Harry was tentative in his touches. The omega was shy as he kissed back. He was soft and delicate against Louis' rough approaches. Louis did not want to hurt him.

"Louis?"

Louis fluttered his eyes, trying to sort out his thoughts as he looked at the orange tent. His breath hitched when his eyes fell on Harry.

The omega was wearing a greyish bat-baggy shirt that reached his upper thighs. The backside was a little longer. That reached Harry's knees. Louis was not sure if Harry was wearing any shorts or not but he wished the Omega did. Louis would do something sinful if Harry did not.

Those milky, smooth legs were on display. Harry stood there with his legs crossed around the ankles and his hands were hidden in those long sleeves.

"Yeah?" Louis asked, wincing when he heard his own voice. It was huskier than needed.

"I can't sleep," Harry said, his eyes set on Louis.

Louis sat up on the hammock, his eyes set on the omega.

"Oh," he said dumbly, almost dropping off the hammock as he followed Harry in the tent.

+++

"You cuddled with Harry?"

Louis looked over his shoulders to see that Zayn was staring at him with wide eyes. Louis looked over at the culprit, Liam, who was looking anywhere but at Louis.

"Good morning to you too, Zayn!" Louis said; his eyes stuck on Liam. Liam took a glance at him and looked away, hiding his embarrassment.

It was a sunny morning and Louis had decided to take a walk around the jungle. He did not even notice Zayn and Liam creeping up on him.

"No, seriously," Zayn said, "you cuddled with Harry?"

Louis sighed, sitting down on a rock; his eyes were taking in the river in front of him. He would like to take a swim here.

"We kissed."

Louis waited with baited breath for their questions.

Nothing came.

He looked at his friends to see that Liam was gaping and Zayn was just looking at him, expression blank.

Louis furrowed his brows, "what?"

Liam was the first one to recover, "you kissed?"

He sounded sceptical. His eyes set on Louis. He did not really believe Louis.

Louis nodded, his heart still skipping beats as he remembered last night. Harry had slept almost on him, kissing, cuddling. They had touched each other in the darkness, nothing really explicit but Louis was over the moon. Harry had scooted closer when he had heard Mason calling Louis from the other side of the tent. They had talked, discussed and came to an agreement that it was fine. If both of them wanted it then being physically attracted was fine.

Louis did not tell Harry that his heart was on the line too. He did not tell Harry about the dull ache whenever Harry had said it was just biology.

He did not say that he was desperate to have anything Harry would grant. He did not tell Harry that his heart was breaking piece by piece as Harry had touched him. Louis did not inform Harry about those tears he had shed when Harry was asleep in his arms.

He did not tell Harry how he had felt used and cheap for settling for something like that.

Louis was happy; of course, he was but was it enough?

No.

Louis knew that now his heart would break more when Harry left. Louis knew that he would be broken when Harry finally came to realize that it was not worth it.

He jumped when Zayn's hand touched his shoulder. Louis looked up to see the beta was looking at him with a mournful expression.

"Are you fine, Lou?" Zayn asked, his voice soft, knowing.

Liam came to sit beside Louis, hugging him closer.

Louis snuggled closer, "he wants to have a no-strings-attached relationship with me. Just kissing and all. Nothing really serious. It is just biology."

Liam's hands tightened around him, "are you fine with that? Did you agree?"

Louis nodded, "I can't say no, Liam. I love him so much," his voice broke on the last words.

Zayn sat down at his left, scooting closer, "this is a recipe of disaster, Lou."

Louis nodded. He knew that, did not he?

"I want to see where it goes. I can't stay away from him, Zayn."

Much to Louis' relief, Liam and Zayn stayed silent. They watched the day getting older together as they sat on the rock.

+++

Harry watched Niall making coffee on the campfire. His eyes were set on the firewood, watching the heap turn into ash as the fire consumed them.

He watched how the fire slowly licked over the wood and swaddled it completely. Harry saw observed how the fire blazed through the woods, leaving behind whitish ash and no trace of the wood. The woods became dust as time went on.

Harry was the wood. Was not he?

Louis was consuming him, slowly, gradually engulfing him in a web of arousal. Like the fire was consuming the woods and leaves. He was luring Harry in and Harry was defenceless. He was following the alpha. He had just given up his promise to stay immune to the alpha's charm last night.

His resolve was breaking with every touch from the alpha. Louis' lips were erasing boundaries Harry had created around himself. Those hands were wiping away any sane thought Harry had. Harry was putty in those arms and he was lost in those eyes.

And where was it going?

When the time came, Harry would leave. Louis would not stop him and Harry did not want to stay either, but...

He would leave behind pieces of himself. He would leave behind moments shared with that blue-eyed alpha. Harry would know how it was like to be with Louis.

Maybe they would never meet again. Or maybe they would meet again, look at each other from afar. They would see each other with someone else, in love. Harry would be the Luna of the Grimshaw pack. Louis would have someone else as his mate. They would just shake hands politely. No one would know that they had shared themselves with each other.

Would Harry be able to leave the arrangement unscratched? Tip top?

Would he be able to just leave and never look back? Would he compare Nick to Louis whenever they shared a kiss in future? Would he miss Louis?

"You look broody."

Harry blinked up to see Niall was looking at him, stirring the cattle.

Harry shrugged, "did I do the right thing, Niall?"

He had told Niall everything. He had to. Niall was like the companion Harry craved since childhood.

Niall contemplated Harry's question and then shrugged.

"Did it feel right?" when Harry looked at him confusedly, Niall gestured at him, "did it feel right when Louis had touched you?"

Harry looked down, his cheeks heating up as he nodded.

"Then it is the right thing, Harry. You should always enjoy the time you have. No one knows what might happen in the future." Niall said, smiling.

"I hated him 'til yesterday and now I am having this physical relation with him..." Harry stopped when Niall snorted, shaking his head.

"What?" he asked, indignant.

Niall coughed, trying to hide his smile, "you never really hated him, you know? It was just frustration at first. Then confusion and then simply denial."

Harry did not reply. He was not sure if Niall was right or not but he was not going to brood over it.

Right.

He was going to retort back anyway when they both heard Perrie's voice.

They turned around to see that Perrie and Mason were coming from the jungle, followed by Zayn, Liam and Louis.

Harry watched how the alpha was walking beside Zayn, talking in a hushed tone. His lips were pressing down on a white stick.

Harry frowned. Louis was smoking so much today!

"There is a river in the woods. The one we crossed at the start. Remember?" Perrie asked, her face bright with happiness.

Niall nodded, "yeah?"

Harry nodded too. How could he forget?

"We have decided to take a swim there. The water is really warm for this weather and the river is not that deep. We just came to ask if you two want to join us or not?"

Liam sat down on the makeshift chair slash rock and sighed, "Niall is going. He loves swimming."

Harry watched how the alpha looked down at his omega. Something like fond was colouring Liam's eyes as Niall glanced up.

"Yeah, I will..." Niall said, looking down at the cattle.

Louis sat on the ground, leaning against Liam's legs, "is the coffee ready? I am knackered!"

Harry watched Mason sitting beside Louis, taking the mug from Niall with hot coffee in it. Louis smiled his thanks as Mason handed him the mug and took a sip. His eyes closed as he groaned.

"Damn, Niall. You make the best coffee ever," the alpha said.

"Thanks, Tommo," Niall grinned at him, handing out the mugs.

Harry took the mug and sipped, watching how Mason whispered something in Louis' ear, making the alpha smile at him. They talked among themselves. Like no one else existed.

"Can you drink fast? We need to go!" Perrie whined.

Zayn pulled her closer, "she can't wait."

Liam held Niall's hand, making him sit on his lap as they sipped their coffee. Niall was staring as Liam kissed his cheek, smiling up at him.

Harry looked away.

+++

The river was not really wide but the tides were relentless. The flow had current. It was coming from the peak of the mountain. Obviously, it was not as warm as Perrie begged them to believe.

Harry stood at the bank, watching Liam and Zayn dive head first into the water. Mason pulled Louis with him, giggling when the alpha splashed water on him. Perrie was swimming on her back, her eyes closed in pure bliss.

Niall looked at the water and then back at Harry.

"Don't like swimming?"

Harry shook his head, "I do. But the water is really cold for me."

It was. He stood there with his ankles under the water and he was feeling how cold the water was. Harry hated anything cold. He was more of a warm bath kind of boy. The ponds or lakes in their pack were calm and at the same time, not really that cold.

"Just walk down the rocks. Get accustomed to it, yeah?" Niall said.

Harry nodded and hesitantly took off the white tank top. His eyes immediately fell on Louis, who was now looking at him. Harry gripped the crumbled top in his hands as he watched Louis looking at his upper-body.

Harry was wearing red shorts, his legs completely on display and he had to apply a cream on the marks Louis had left last night around his collarbones. His heart fluttered in his chest when he saw Louis' eyes gliding over his chest and then the alpha was turning away, swimming over to Mason.

"Come on," Niall said, already in waist deep water.

Harry nodded, reluctantly stepping ahead.

+++

Louis ducked down into the river, letting the cold water wash away the heat on his face. He tried to calm his breathing down under the water. His alpha was on high-drive, trying to take over his senses as he watched Harry.

Harry was wearing that flimsy shorts and swimming around other wolves. Louis' alpha wanted to hold Harry against himself and teach him some lesson by growling at him.

But it was not something Louis could do. That would be very caveman like and Louis was never going to be the dominating alpha. He came up when his chest hurt, desperate for some air.

The first thing he noticed was Harry bobbing in the water, laughing with Perrie and Niall. Niall had his arms around Harry's shoulders from behind.

Louis closed his eyes, exhaling and inhaling.

No!

He had initiated every kiss they had shared 'til now. He had led the way last night when he had touched Harry. He was the one who had ripped open his heart and placed it under Harry's feet for Harry to kick.

Louis was done being the leader. He was done being the initiator. He wanted to see if Harry wanted it as much as he did or not.

So he turned to swim closer to Mason, listening to him talk about a guy he met last night.

Louis smiled when he saw Liam taking a hold of Niall and pulling him away towards the bank.

He tried not to see how Liam hid them behind some rocks. He knew what was going to happen behind those rocks.

Louis shook his head, smiling.

Idiots!

He jumped when he felt Mason's arms around his neck. He looked up to see the omega was smirking at him.

"What? What is it?" Louis asked, clueless and uncomfortable.

Mason swam closer, "don't look but Harry is glaring at you."

Louis' shoulders went stiff, his hands stilling on Mason's waist.

"What are you doing?" he asked in a hushed tone.

Mason leaned closer, "helping you."

Louis closed his eyes when Mason hugged him, hiding his face at the crook of Louis' neck.

Harry would not give a fuck. He did not really care that much. Did he?

+++

Harry could feel his eyes burning as he saw Mason hugging Louis. The alpha's hands came up to hold him closer.

Harry could not believe this.

Something like fire was ignited in his chest as he watched the alpha closing his eyes in Mason's embrace.

He could feel his breathing escalating as Louis bobbed with the tides but did not let go of the omega, their bodies colliding.

Harry could not take it anymore but what could he do? It was not as if Louis was his to feel sad or furious about. Harry had said it himself. Their arrangement was nothing more than physical. But it was exclusive. Was not it?

How could Louis just touch that omega like that?

Harry turned away, swimming over to the curve of the river where the river was taking a swift turn towards the right.

No one was really there as that part was rocky and not really swimming friendly.

Harry leaned against a rock and hid his face in his palms as hot tears pricked his eyes. He could not believe he let Louis touch him. He could not believe that the alpha was such a hypocrite. But...

Could he really blame Louis? He should blame himself for caring. He should not care. Right? Why was he so upset over the fact that Louis was with someone else?

The splashing sound of water came into his ears and when Harry uncovered his face and looked up, Louis was there. The alpha was watching him from a distance.

Harry kicked the water in frustration, "can't you just leave me alone? What do you want?"

Louis looked shocked as he stared at Harry. His mouth opened but then closed with nothing coming out of it.

"What?" Harry hissed, "Have nothing to say?"

Louis swam closer, crowding Harry against the rock to stare at him.

"What are you talking about?" Louis asked, his eyes clearer as the river reflected the sunlight on them. Harry could see the alpha was trying to breathe properly as he floated on the water. Water droplets were dropping from those chocolaty locks.

"Nothing," Harry said. What could he say? He was the one who wanted to keep it simple and now he could not just blame Louis. Could he?

As he went swimming past Louis, the alpha held his wrist. Harry looked down at their joined hands under the water and then looked up at Louis.

Louis said nothing as he pulled Harry back, shoving him against the rock. Harry yowled as the rough surface hit his back. He looked at Louis to see the alpha was glaring at him.

"What?" Harry asked, hurt.

Louis swam closer, his chest hitting Harry's, "fuck you."

Harry could not retort when he felt Louis' mouth on his. The omega flung himself at Louis, holding him as close as possible. The water splashed around them as they tried to scratch each other or just grasp each other.

"Why are you affected when I am with Mason?" Louis said suddenly, his lips pressed against Harry's ear.

Harry's eyes rolled back as he mewled, nosing the alpha's neck, "I am not. I don't give a fuck about you and your Mason!"

Louis looked up at him, smirking, "Okay then."

Harry's eyes widened when Louis tried to pull away. Harry parted his legs, caging the alpha's waist between them and pulling him closer by looping his arms around Louis' neck.

"What is it, Harry?" Louis asked, tone impassive.

Harry bit Louis' cheek faintly, hugging him closer.

Louis held his waist, trying to push off, "say it or let me go."

Harry's eyelids fluttered as he hid his face against Louis' temple, his lips touched the alpha's throat. Harry could feel the steady beating of Louis' heart and his face was heating up as he imagined Louis feeling his erratic heartbeat too.

"We are exclusive," Harry whispered, placing soft kisses at Louis' Adam's apple, feeling the rough beard on his lips.

Louis sighed, "So?"

Harry's brows furrowed, he looked up at the alpha through his eyelashes, "so you are not going off with him!"

Louis said nothing but Harry could see the left corner of his mouth pulling up slightly. Louis shook his head, biting his lips together.

"Your wish is my command, sir."

Harry smiled, hiding his face in Louis' neck, "shut up!"

The rambling laugh Louis let out was soothing. Harry bit down on the vein of Louis' neck, feeling satisfied when the alpha choked on a laugh, his hands tightening around Harry.

+++

Niall was laying on the rock, his chest heaving as he tried to breathe when he heard Liam's phone ringing.

Liam was beside him, almost sleepy as he tried to catch his breath too.

"Pick up the phone," Liam said, his phone was in his pant and his pant was beside Niall, in a haphazard mess.

Niall pulled out the phone, sighing when the call was cut off.

But there was a message the next second.

"Who was it?" Liam asked, his hand thrown over his eyes, another one on Niall's stomach.

Niall looked at the screen, "Sophia. She has left a message too."

Liam nodded, "read it to me. What is it?"

Niall gulped, his body suddenly too cold.

"Yeah." He said, unlocking the phone. He tapped on the message and opened it.

.

"What did she say?" Liam asked.

Niall could not voice the message as he stared at it.

"Liam, I am pregnant!"

+++

Notes:

How was it? Let me know. :) Leave votes and comments, please.

Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.4K 32
• completed • 56.9K words • explicit • Harry stalks towards Louis, grabbing his hips. He wishes he could burn Louis with his fingertips the way Lou...
24.6K 854 37
harry is 21 and louis is 23. they are music students in manchester. niall, who is harry's best friend, hangs out with liam and zayn who happens to be...
815K 26.6K 29
Harry is gay. Louis is straight and has a girlfriend. Well. At least that's what Harry thought, until Liam blabs his mouth about Harry's sex life a...
129K 6.1K 32
maybe all isn't fair in love and war, especially for a werewolf-witch hybrid like harry. his overwhelming feelings for louis might just show him that...