Night in the Ruts

Par Aerosmith_intheruts

People always asked me how I ended up here. And sometimes I ask myself that same question. I mean, I was shy... Plus

How It Began, in a Nutshell - Charlie
The Walrus - Charlie
Penny Lane - Steven
Trouble - Charlie
My Boyfriend - Charlie
Grilled Cheese - Nicky
Bad Trip - Charlie
I Know - Steven
The Issue With Gearshifts - Charlie
DOESN'T ANYONE SPEAK AMERICAN?! - Nicky
Nicky - Charlie
Ms Patty Flannery Scares Me to a Point Where I Should Consider Help - Steven
I'm Not Really Sure if this is a Date or Not and I'm too Scared to Ask--Steven
I am my Father - Charlie
My House - Nicky
4 Letters in the Dictionary - Charlie
Shovel and a Shotgun - Charlie
Something Amazing - Steven
The Girl in the Yellow Corvette - Steven
Fairytale Shit - Charlie
Hey Man, That's MY Popsicle - Nicky
Interesting Indeed - Steven
Not You - Charlie
The Funner Funnest of Fun - Steven
Truly, An Amazing Spectacle - Nicky
Only Me, Yeah? - Charlie
Something About Her - Nicky
Shit - Steven
Milkshakes - Charlie
Quite the Conflicted Protagonist - Steven
Lightweight Gone Wrong I - Charlie
Lightweight Gone Wrong II - Charlie
Well the Thing is... - Nicky
Fifth Grade Black Belt - Steven
Unexpected Guests - Charlie
Jumping Ahead - Steven and Nicky
Broken Glass - Charlie
It's Just the Universe's Way of Fucking You Up - Nicky and Steven
All Night - Charlie
All Right--But I Guess the 'I'm Cheating' Fact Kinda Cancels it Out - Steven
Hypothetical Slush - Charlie
All Right - Nicky and Steven
Admittely, I'm an Ass - Steven
Easy - Charlie and Steven
Epilogue - Charlie
Right in the Nuts - M

Not-So Company Car - Charlie

338 24 7
Par Aerosmith_intheruts

Roller-skating!  We went roller-skating!  Aerosmith took me roller-skating!  I love roller-skating!

        But Steven's never done it before ever.  Obviously.  He fell, and it was pretty funny, but then I fell, and I said, "shit," and I instantly apologized for it because I'm so stupid and used to not swearing.

        Oh, and he walked in on me while I was singing and playing.  Oh my God, I wanted to die of embarrassment.  Right then and there I wanted to crawl under my bed and never show my face to him again.  It was horrible.  But then he had the nerve to tell me I was amazing.  Not just good, but amazing!  I'm self-taught–how is that amazing in any way?

        Anyway, so we were roller-skating and his arm was around me, and he smelled nice, and it was all so much fun.  I never wanted it to end.

        I've gotten used to being around Steven.  So it's easier to crack sarcastic comments whenever I want.  Well, I call them sarcastic comments, but when Jess listens to my phone calls (when Steven calls her phone, she doesn't allow me in her room all by myself), she calls it flirting.

        I was sucking down a vanilla milkshake, sitting at a small table across from Steven.  We had finished skating, and called it a draw when he couldn't seem to win at Pong at the little arcade thingy in the corner.  Now we were at the little table, as mentioned.

        "I had no idea you were such a good skater," I said, not wanting silence.

        He shook his head, grinning, looking down at his hands folded on the tabletop.  "I am pretty great."

        "You need, like, training wheels."

        He laughs.  It's not fucking funny!  "Nah," he says, "I've got you."

        "Whatever," I say, smirking.  He just kind of stares at me with this mixture of happiness and something else in his eyes.  But then his smile falters.  "What?" I ask, immediately reaching to wipe my mouth.  Is there milkshake on it?

        "I was serious, you know," he says, still not smiling.

        "About?"  He confuses me.  A minute ago, we were laughing and talking and having a good time, but now I'm worried.

        "About you singing and playing the guitar.  I was serious.  You're amazing.  Hasn't anyone ever told you?" I shake my head, trying to be modest.  I mean, I think I'm pretty damn good, but compared to famous people or people with lessons and well, talent, I suck ass.  "Honestly, when I walked up there, I thought you were playing some record that I'd never heard and needed to buy.  I thought, shit, I gotta buy that... Now!  But then I saw you with a guitar and singing and I was like, Oh my God.  How can something so perfect get even better every time I see her?"  I don't think he meant to say that last part.  No, he definitely didn't mean to say it.  He's gone back to staring at his hands until the pink color in his cheeks fades away.

        "Perfect?" I scoff.  He looks up at me.  "Yeah, right."

        He scowls.  "Stop."

        "Stop what?"

        "Stop doing that!"  What am I doing?  "The whole... I can't play guitar or sing, I'm not perfect thing.  I'm saying you can and that you are, so you are!"

        "You think I'm perfect," I state, still unable to believe it.

        "More and more every time I see you," he replies truthfully, staring right into my eyes.

        "Thanks," I say quietly.  He smiles slightly.  I return it, getting up to throw away the rest of my milkshake.  "And you're not so bad yourself."  In all actuality, you're the most perfect human being on the face of this planet.  No, you're more perfect than that.  You're the most perfect being in the universe... Maybe even better.  But I can't say that out loud, can I?  I also can't kiss him, no matter how badly I want to.  That would be terribly wrong and way not my style.  I turn to the trash, but think about the whole fifty cents the milkshake cost.  "Do you want this?"

        See, look at that!  Fifty cents saved!  Steven takes the other half of my drink with a heart-fluttering smile.  Seriously, it sends a shiver down my spine.

--

"Guys, we gotta go."  Brad had rushed up to the table, still in the skates.  I looked up in vague curiosity.  Steven was telling me about touring.

        He looks slightly annoyed.  "And why is that?" Steven asked.

        "Joe's having an... Issue... And we need the other half of the... Bargain," Brad says quietly.

        "What?" I say.

        "How is he sick already?" Steven demanded.

        "I don't know!" Brad exclaimed.  "I don't think he was there when we did it before we left."

        "Dammit.  Where is he?"  Brad shrugs.  "What time is it?"

        "A little after eleven."

        "Shit!" Steven says rather loudly.  I was thinking it.  "Yeah, go get him and the others.  We gotta book."

        Brad ran off, but Steven didn't get up.  "I bribed them with some dope before we left.  Apparently Joe didn't do any, and now he's paying the price," he explains to my curiosity.  His face morphs to worry and conflict then, rather than annoyance.  "Before we go– I like you, Charlie."

        I get up.  "Are you making fun of me again?" I ask, smirking.

        He smirks too, and pulls me quite close to him.  I can smell him again.  He smells so good.  "What're you doing?"

        Apparently, I had closed my eyes and started inhaling the scent rather deeply.  "Uh, nothing?"

        He tries not to laugh at me.  "But no, I'm not making fun of you.  I like you.  And, well, it's a little strange telling girls that I have a maybe-girlfriend named Charlie."  He smirks adorably.  "How about I just say I have a girlfriend named Charlie?"

        I pretend to consider this for a minute, though on the inside: Yes, yes, I'm your girlfirend!  I'm your girlfriend!  "Only if I get to tell people that Steven Tyler's my boyfriend," I reply smartly.

        "I would be okay with that," he says back, just as smart.  Can I kiss him now?  Please, please, please?

        Thank you!  He pulls me even closer and kisses me.  I like how well we fit together, like we're meant to be.

        When we were back at my house, Steven didn't come inside, instead I said goodbye in the car and he pulled me close once again, but I didn't get to smell him much seeing as he kissed me quite pleasantly.  I didn't want it to end, but Joe cleared his throat a few times and I eventually got out of the car.  After, of course, thanking him and the rest of the band as well as telling Joe to feel better.

--

I didn't fall asleep until late.  I was thinking about Steven's soft, velvety lips against mine and how much I loved it.  How much I wanted to do that all the time.  But I eventually did fall asleep, and woke up late.  After being hounded about the Something Amazing, I went about my day.  I took a shower, dressed myself in something Led Zeppelin and jeans.  "Where're you going?" Alice asked, flipping urgently through the newspaper with a pen.

        "Buy some records," I stated, tying up one of my shoes.  "Boston's got, like, triple what Woonsocket's got."

        Alice chuckled.  She worked in stocks, and currently wasn't having much luck.  My dad did something with insurance.

        "I'll be back in a little bit," I said.

        "Oh, Charlie, wait!" Alice called.  I knew they were keeping something from me.  No, it wasn't a hunch; I had actually seen my surprise.

        You see, a few years back, when my dad lost his job, he drove home one day in this bright yellow Corvette Stingray from the sixties.  I think the year was a sixty-four.  I thought it was the coolest thing ever.  He said is was a company car.

        Turns out, it was Alice's old car, but it was broke somehow.  She was going to sell it, but my dad started driving it around to see what was wrong with it.  He and I used to spend the summers at Alice's house working on it.  We never finished.  But now...

        "Here, out in the garage, remember the car you and your dad were working on?" Alice asked, leading me outside.

        I grin.  "Yeah."

        "Well..."  She rips a flowered, dusty sheet off the old car.  But it's new!  Like, the paint is all shiny, the wheels are nice, it looks brand new!  "You did good work."

        "Is it..."

        "Well, you helped fix it, didn't you?"  Oh my God!  Did I just get a car?  "Go on, buy something good!"

        "Seriously... Thank you, Alice!  Thank you!"

        Alice laughed it off like it was nothing.

        I felt like the coolest, most badass person in all of Boston driving through the city with my aviators on and the radio cranked with the top down.

        At the record store, I ran into no other than my boyfriend, Steven Tyler.  He had come up behind me, holding something by the Chain Reaction and stuck it in front of my face, saying in some accent, "I recommend this one."  I spun around and he pulled me into a kiss–a pleasant surprise.

        We walked outside together, and he had to stop to gawk at the yellow Corvette.  His face was priceless when I unlocked it and got inside.  She hummed to life.  I grinned at my perfect boyfriend through the windshield, patting the space next to me when he didn't budge.

        I slid on my sunglasses and he looked even more amazed.  "Where to?" I asked.

        He didn't say anything, so I just started to drive.  I made an attempt at talking, but there wasn't really a need.  "How's Joe?" I asked, thinking about how he got sick for some reason involving cocaine.

        "He's good," Steven replied.

        For some reason, I found myself at the movie theater.  "A movie?" he asked.  I shrugged.  "Why not?  Let's go."

        I think I've found myself the best boyfriend in the world.

--

-

A/N: Ah yes, filler chapters.  Gotta love 'em.  But this was dedicated to Tylerbabe17 because as I've mentioned before she is fantastic.  She also told me to not change anything in this story, and that's like a major compliment to me (basically saying it's perfect...) so, uh, thanks for that xx

        Anyway, the update problem has been solved and... Ob la di, ob la da!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

Band Oneshots Par Raven

Fiction générale

40.8K 451 104
A bunch of Band one shots I will take some request just message me some ideas and ill see what I can do! I will be updating this often if I can daily...
4.3K 176 31
1983. Rachael, recently divorced from Steven Tyler, bumps into old friend and newly single Joe Perry. Will they be able to keep their boundaries? or...
9K 447 31
Imagine falling in love with your best friend. Well, that isn't exactly difficult for musically gifted & quarrelsome best friends, Steven Tyler and J...
89 3 3
In the vibrant yet gritty rock scene of the early 80's, Nikki Sixx, a bassist with a troubled past, and Tommy Lee, a free-spirited drummer, find one...