Resentment [Jacquees]

By PrettyYungTalented

Naimah Taylor had a rough life growing up. She saw her mother get mistreated by men and unfortunately it beca... More

1: Here We Go
2: Just a Friend 2014
3: You Need Me
Author's Note
4: If It Isn't Love
5: I Need a Doctor
6: I Need a Doctor Pt. 2
7: Motives
8: Confessions
9: Think About It / Rain
10: We Should Be
11: We Should Be pt. 2
A/N
12: I Feel Beautiful
13: Not Gon' Cry
A/N
14: Understanding
15: Video
16: No Angel
17. Wrong Side of a Love Song
18. ....Or Not.
3.2K reads
19. Maybe I Deserve
21: Amnesia
22: All The Things Your Man Won't Do
22: Broken Hearts
23: Love Comes Love Goes
Quick Message
24: Another Relationship
25: Another Relationship Pt. 2
26: Back to You
27: Epilogue
NO sequel.
ANGEL IN DISGUISE!! (:

20: When A Woman

7K 309 34
By PrettyYungTalented

"But then he noticed a change, she no longer had tears on her face..."

-Tamia

Jacquees

The moment Naimah opened her front door my mind went blank. I had no idea what to do or say but I knew for sure what I had to do was make things right. Maybe the initial conflict wasn't my fault but the conversation that transpired last night was my fault for sure.

"H-hey, Naia." Those were the only words I found myself able to utter.

"Hi, Que. Come in, it's cold out." Naimah moved to the side and allowed me to enter her apartment. She walked into the living room and I closed then locked the door behind me.

When I stepped into the living room Naimah was sitting on the love seat feeding Rani from a bottle. I sat on the sofa and just observed. She seemed so natural at it. I could tell she has a beautiful bond with our daughter and I began to get pissed with myself for allowing the situation to get so out of hand. Whether I was the reason for the separation between us or not I should have to the responsibility as a man to see what was bothering my girl and try to help her healing but I didn't. All I did was fuel the fire and things just worsened.

Naimah finished feeding Rani then lay her over her shoulder to burp her. While doing so she looked up at me and we just stared at each other. In the moments our eyes locked she had a look of sorrow in her eyes. I knew at that moment I had to make the first move.

"Babe..."

"Oh, so I'm your babe again?" She side eyed me and twisted her lips.

"You never stopped being my babe, what do you mean?" I replied knowing what she was referring to but simply avoiding that road.

"Oh, I could have never imagined. Not today, not yesterday and damn sure not six weeks ago when you left your fucking family at the hospital!" Naimah retorted to me raising her voice yet calmly continuing to run Rani's back.

"You're right."

"Oh, I know."

"Hold up, you're right about that, Naia. Do not sit here and act as if it wasn't partially your fault!" I slightly raised my voice at her.

"So, it was my fault you went fucking with other bitches?! Rodriquez, please."

"No, I never said that was your fault but,.." I quickly covered my mouth realizing I failed to deny messing with other females.

In that same instance I saw tears begin to form in her eyes. Naimah got up off of the sofa and walked towards the back of the apartment where her room was.

"Fuck!" I yelled, punching the sofa cushion knowing I just complicated things even more.

I just got up and left out of the apartment, I completely had no idea what to say now. How am I supposed to fix this now? If I didn't give my family up before I damn sure lost them now...

Naimah

I can't believe it. I CANNOT FUCKING BELIEVE JACQUEES. Here I was anxious to apologize for my actions and this nigga has been with other bitches. Then again, what am I to expect? I knew he was this way before, same old same old. We were on a break and all but fuck that, I was here worrying about our daughter so I'ma make that nigga pay. Although initially I teared up those tears quickly went away, I could no longer cry. It's all too familiar.

I needed to clear my head and I wanted to get out of this apartment so I texted Soraya and told her to meet me at the mall. We have not really had any quality time with each in a while so this was very much needed. I decided to hurry and shower while my baby girl was asleep.

After a quick 20 minute shower I stepped out and grabbed a robe carefully wrapping it around my body. I walked into my closet and looked around. It was pretty cool in Atlanta right now but it's mid-October so it's expected. I found white long sleeve v-neck and some light blue Levi jeans. I was thankful for nearly being back to my prenatal body. Of course the fact it was obtained through stress was not exciting but you get what you get. I put lotion on my body then a matching bra and boyshort set then my jeans and shirt. I found a tan leather jacket and a white scarf with gold and brown accents. I put both on then slipped on my riding boots that matched the jacket and walked out of my closet. My bra-strap length curls were a mess so I applied a bit of my shea butter moisturizer to it then brushed through it and put on a beanie to call it a day.

I dressed Rani carefully so I would not wake her but made sure she was covered enough to stay warm. It was 2 PM now and I told Soraya 3 o'clock so I needed to leave. I grabbed my phone, wallet and keys and grabbed Rani's carseat then went to the kitchen to pack her diaper bag. After making sure I had enough breast milk, bottles and diapers I placed my things in the open compartments of the bag. Being a mommy meant there was really little need for my own purse anymore, the diaper bag simultaneously serves Rani and I.

I grabbed the bag and Rani's carseat covering it with a blanket to shield her from the cold then proceeded out of the door.

******

"So, you're telling me he cheated?" Soraya questioned me looking up from her salad for a reply.

"I mean yes but no."

"Yes but no? What the hell does that even mean, Naimah? Either he cheated or he didn't."

"I mean we were broken up so."

"So, he was just fucking with other bitches?" She asked in a matter of factually tone.

"Yes, but it hurt." I replied sort of offended by the fact that she was taking his side. She's supposed to be my best friend.

"Oh, damn it, Naia." Soraya dropped her fork and rested her elbows on the table crossing her hands, "Look, I love you to death and you know that but you're being a bit of a baby. You two were broken up so it wasn't cheating, that's just Que and you know it. What you also should know is that nigga loves you. I have never seen him act the way he did when you two were on good terms, no one did and you did that, but at the same time you messed that up when you pulled that pill bullshit. Hell, I wanted to fuck you up for that. You've been through a lot Naia believe me I know but you cannot just run away someone who loves you because you're scared. Now, I don't know if y'all will work things out or not but the both of you should quit acting all childish."

I stared at Soraya because I didn't know what to say, she was totally right. I was pondering a reply when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a guy walking in our direction with his eyes on me. He was about 5'10" with a beautiful caramel complexion and a low cut. I didn't know what to do so I just tended to Rani hoping he would see I was a mother and walk away. He didn't.

"Excuse me?" He spoke in the most attractive baritone voice.

I pretended to think he was taking to Soraya but of course she gets a little ghetto and threw a balled up napkin at me.

"Naimah! You have company!" She smiled eyeing him.

He laughed and I looked up to be met by the most gorgeous light brown eyes.

"Hi." Was the only thing I could think of to say because when I tell you this man was gorgeous. God damn sure took a few years on him.

"What's up? I don't mean to interrupt you but I saw you from over there and your beauty completely captured me. I'm Dustin." He flashed the most gorgeous smile and showed a set of dimples. Lord. This man could not get more perfect.

"Awe, I'm flattered. Oh, and I'm Naimah."

"Well, Naimah nice to meet you. I see you have your hands full so is it cool if we exchange numbers?"

"Uhm, I'm not-"

"YES!" Soraya yelled out before I could object, "Yes, she'll take your number."

"I have a daughter." I flashed her a "what the fuck what that" expression while pointing to Rani's stroller.

"I have a son." Dustin added in and I looked at him completely shocked because there was no way I could get out of this now.

"See, it was meant to happen." Soraya replied with another matter factly tone.

"It wouldn't have worked anyways but take my number, think about it for a few days and you can make that decision if you want to give me a call." Dustin smiled while jotting his number on a piece of paper. He handed to me and I accepted it with a smile.

"She will." Soraya spoke again before I was able to.

"Ha, alright. Nice meeting you?" He looked to Soraya for her name.

"Soraya." She smiled and they shook hands.

"Okay, alright. And it was very nice meeting you, I hope to hear from you, gorgeous." He grabbed my hand and gently kissed it.

All I could do was blush as he let go my hand. I bit down on my straw while we held a brief staring contest before he flashed another heart-stopped smile and walked away. I felt my face turning hot and looked over at my best friend who had a devious smirk on her face as if she knew something I didn't. I have no clue what just took place but I could not call him. Was he fine? As wine. I just could not allow myself to complicate things anymore, but Jesus, was that man fine. Maybe a break is what Jacquees and I need and I could break Dustin's fine ass. No, I mean, no. Lord, what the hell is going on? I don't know what I'm about to get myself into...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.2K 1.1K 42
Ray'ne Young (played as Karrueche) was a Seventeen year old normal girl tryna make it out. Her aunt took care of her the best way she could but when...
93K 3.7K 17
With a new year comes new beginnings. New beginnings may bring rain, shine or both, you never know what to expect. Just 6 months after giving birth t...
321K 5.3K 42
Morgan has known nothing but hurt her whole life- it's no fairy-tale. That's where Jacob comes in. Grown and mature more now than ever, he knows exac...
58.4K 1.2K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...