Fragile Hearts

Af ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... Mere

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 42

1.5K 166 106
Af ShonaLover

Vivaan rested back of his hand.On his chin.Watching his wife.Like a baby.Eating noodles.In fast speed.His eyes were on her.Till she had hiccups.He rubbed her back.Made her have some water.She went for juice.Then soft drink.She ordered milk shake too.He hit his own head.She giggled.Continuing eating.Asked him why he was staring.

V-"Ramya food wont run away.Eat slowly.

You ordered half of restaurant.They will be happy."

R-"So what.Miser husband.When you are hungry.

Never waste your hunger.My love for food.Fails everything."

V-"Love for me too.Didnt offer me.Anything eating alone."

R-"Order for yourself.These are mine."

He made face.She giggled.He found her.Nearing spoon his mouth.He smirked.Had noodles.She fed up.He kissed her hand.She felt shy.After they were done with food.They came out.Of restaurant.Ramay stopped seeing.Woman with baby.Begging for money.Vivaan gave her some money.Ramya rushed shop opposite.Road and Vivaan was confused.Woman was happy tears.After few minutes.Ramya got biscuits and chocolates.For baby and some food.For woman too.She blessed her.Vivaan smiled at his wife.

V-"I was right.Ramya no one.Can be like you."

R-"Nothing like that.Vivaan there are people.Who need help.

But no one comes forward.If I can afford.I should help.It makes me happy.Im selfish too.

I want blessings.They are from true heart.Who knows.Someday they can.Save you from anything."

V-"You are yourself.Blessing.Im blessed.

To have this.Blessing as my life."

Vivaan came out of his thoughts.He was sitting in hospital.Outside operation theatre.It has been time.He rushed here.His heart stopped working.When he was informed.About Ramya.He didnt knew.How he drove way to hospital.Everyone were present.Prakash and Karuna came.While ago.Karuna couldnt stop tears.Same was with Shivani.Prakash was white with fear.Vikram gave support to him.Sata was unwell.Lata had to stay back.Their eyes set.On red light of theatre.Ramya was fighting for life.

R-"Anna have some water.Have been sitting.For an hour.

Anni will be alright."

V-"She has to be.Nothing will happen."

Vivaan drank whole glass.Of water.Reyansh could see.He wasnt normal.Vivaan gripped on.Reyansh's shoulder.His eyes on floor.He was swearing.His life.Ramya was blessed.She couldnt stop fighting.He has to get her back.She will be fine.He kept on sitting.With blank face.He didnt cry.His heart was bleeding.All could see that.Prakash came to sit beside him.He touched his shoulder.No one knew.They had to see this.They were arrive this week.In Hyderabad for wedding preparations.

V-"Nothing will happen to her.Appa I promise."

Prakash broke down.In tears.Holding Vivaan's hands.Just then Nandini came out.From operation theatre.With serious face.It was difficult.Her too to handle situation.She was doctor.Same time sister to Ramya.She has seen her happy face.Couldnt see her in blood.Fighting for life.Vivaan rushed to her.Held her from shoulders.Reyansh hold him.All eyes were on Nandini.When she broke down.

Shakthi looked at pale Varna.Unconscious on hospital bed.She was admitted in emergency.He wanted her stay back.She was stubborn.Go home.He shut his eyes.They had flight catch at night.Her health has worsened.He didnt knew.If he should handle this alone.He should inform.her family too.He had word with doctor.her reports werent positive.In sense.He cared for her.Get better.He heard his phone.Turning his back.Other side.His brother called.Shakthi felt phone.Losing grip from his hands.He widened his eyes.Turned to look at Varna.Ramya was hospitalized.After accident and critical.He came to knew.Bond was real.Fate played cruel game.

Sh-"Doctor I have to take her.Back home.Any how understand."

D-"Im sorry we cant permit.Her conditions is serious.

Warned you not take.Her back last day."

Sh-"You are not getting.Doctor she needs to be there.

She will be better.Please I beg you."

Shakthi breathed deeply.Trying to catch his breath.he felt helpless.He has to do something.take Varna.Before its too late.He prayed everything.Falls in place.No mishap should happen.Else lives will be ruined.He received phone.From Prakash with shaky hands.

Ramya was shifted to emergency care.She was still unconscious.Vivaan opened door of room.Slowly entered.He was in broken state.His face fallen down.Eyes red with pain.Fear written on face.He run his hands.Through his hair.Shut his eyes.He couldnt dare.See her in this state.Pale attached with drips.On her hand.He sat on stool.He felt tear drop.from his eye.As he touched her hand.It was cold.She had blood loss.He kissed her hand.Remembered them planning.About this day.How they will embrace moment.Holding their baby.First time.Welcoming him with smiles.They didnt imagine.It would leave them.With broken hearts.

N-"Ramya gave birth.To baby boy.Condition is very critical.It was miracle.We could save baby.

After blood loss.Baby is fine.We have put him.In incubator.But Ramya.

Cant say anything about her.She is very critical.Due to blood loss.Head injury.And delivery.

Her condition worsened.Pray things get better.next few hours.She comes back to.Senses."

Vivaan remembered Nandini's words.When she came out.Informed them about arrival of baby.They had boy.Who was to come.With smiles and celebrations.In world.Came with uncertain hopes.For his mother.everyone was outside.Praying and waiting for miracle.Vivaan was sure.His love would.Fight back odds.He didnt sob.He stared at her.With black eyes.He was angry at her.For breaking promise.He told her.He would come back.Till then she should rest.

V-"Why did this to me.Ramya Im angry with you.

Not opening eyes.Our son is waiting.For you.Come back.Brat I will be.Very angry."

He shut his eyes.Holding her hand.Hiding his face there.He went silent.For some time.Till felt some movement.His eyes opened.Light smile came on face.Ramya trying to open her eyes.She moved her lips.Vivaan waited for her.He touched her head.Placed kiss there.Waiting for her.With eager eyes.He took her name slowly.She fully opened her eyes.Saw room.Her vision was blur.She felt weak to talk.

V-"Ramya Im here.Look at me.

I will call.Nandu wait.You are fine.Right tell me."

Ramya wanted to say.Something till she felt.Pain on her whole body.She felt pain to breath.She wanted.Vivaan to wait.Call for him.He reached door.When heard her faint voice.She groaned in pain.Tears came out of her eyes.He run to her.His heart pained.Seeing her like that.

R-"Vivaan baby.My baby."

V-"Its boy.You win.Im ready to lose.Everything Ramya.

Dont punish me.Like this.get up.Look at me."

Ramya smiled.She was happy.Know her baby was safe.She touched his hand.He kissed hers.She shut her eyes.She looked for someone.Vivaan sensed that.He told her everyone were outside.Shall he call them.She needs rest.Ramya frowned.He found her restless.She was trying to say.Something when Nandini entered.Other senior doctor.They checked her.Vivaan was standing there.

R-"Varna I want to.See her.

Call her."

Nandini heard doctor.She didnt look happy.She felt broken from inside.She asked Ramya to rest.Bumped into Vivaan.Who could hear Varna's name from Ramya.He looked at Nandu.With pleading eyes.

V-"Nandu she is fine.You said she will come to senses.

Means she will be alright."

N-"Anna please come outside.She needs rest."

Ramya was injected.To sleep for some time.Vivaan didnt want to leave.He was dragged out.He kept on looking at her.In deep slumber.His heart was shouting.For her.Nandini closed door.Others prayed after getting.News of Ramya coming to senses.Prakash saw his daughter.From outside.His tears didnt stop.Karuna went inside.Along with him.

Varna felt her throat dry.She felt pain.On her whole body.Her heart was crying.Shouting telling her something.She felt her eyes heavy.Wanted to open them.Ramya was smiling at her.Pouted and Prakash was smiling.At both of them.They were running in their garden.Dressed in same frocks.Ramya started crying.Getting hit by rock.On her knee.Varna felt pain too.Prakash rushed to Ramya.Before him varna put ice.On Ramya's wound.She smiled hugging her.

R-"Varna you are my angel.Always be with me.

Will call you.When I need you.With me.Promise you will come."

Varna's eyes opened.She was sitting.With sweat covered face.She found no one.In room.She knew Ramya was not well.She wanted to go to her.Realized her situation.She was in pain too.Didnt matter to her.She found nurse entering.Asking her to lay down.She didnt agree.Till Shakthi came inside.Room with shock face.He was caught.badly in situation.Held Varna's reports in hands.He saw her crying.Begging hem to leave her.Taking Ramya's name.It was heart connection.Her sister was suffering there.Varna sensed it.

Cries of new born filled room.Shivani and Karuna stood.Hiding their grief.Tried smile for Ramya.Shivani held Karuna.Asking her not to break down.When Ramya was awake.She asked see her baby.Karuna passed baby to her.She couldnt get up.Cried thinking she was weak.Hold her baby.Kiss him.didnt stop mother's feelings.Shivani placed baby.Closer to her heart.Ramya kissed her boy.Baby yawned.Made relax sound.He knew he was with mother.Ramya smiled seeing his features.She could hardly talk.Without oxygen mask.Her vision not clear.She kissed baby again.Holding his tiny hands.He opened mouth.Asking his mother.Give him his meal.Ramya felt tired.Shivan took baby.Outside as he started crying.

R-"Aththai My baby.He needs me.

He is crying.Has gone after father.So impatient."

Karuna broke down.Wiping her eyes with end of her saree.She smiled touching.Ramya's head.Sat beside her.She didnt have heart to say.To mother she cant.Feed her baby too.Ramya was slowly.Losing her every breath.Doctors have given.Final call.Injury proved fatal for her.Blood loss made her weaker.Her heart condition made it worse.It shook everyone.Except Vivaan who.Was found sitting.Like statue since he got news.

K-"Ramya rest now.Shouldnt talk so much.Appa will be here.

He has gone.To pray for you.We all are here."

R-"I will be fine.Please dont.Cry I feel watching movie.Dramatic.Aththai.

Where is Varna.Vivaan went missing too.why did it happened Aththai.wanted to hold.

Baby with Vivaan beside me."

K-"He is here.I will send him.Baby is weak.He also needs rest.

You get better.Everything can happen."

R-"Cant wait.Have less time Aththai."

Ramya's breath went slow.She held on Karuna's hands.Tightly and asked her to sit.Karuna looked at her.Kissed her head and hands.Ramya smiled.Remembering her moments.In life when heard door.Prakash got in.They sat for some time.She talked with them.Till doctor asked them.To leave.

Night came.It was dark for everyone.Vivaan and Reyansh sent them home.Nandini stayed back.Vivaan asked Reyansh leave too.Come with others in morning.Reyansh took Nandini in his arms.She broke down completely.Doctors cant cry.She was human too.She couldnt see much happening.In day and she was one.Seeing and not reacting.He wrapped his arms around her.Wiping her tears.He loved Ramya.She was light in their home.If something happens to her.It will go dark.

N-"I dont know.Rey what will happen.As doctor.Want miracle.

To happen.Ramya is an angel.How can she."

R-"She is an angel.have to be saved.

For us.For her baby.Who just stepped this world.I can imagine.Anna's state Nandu.

He havent said word.I fear.He has made.Shell around himself."

Both looked at Vivaan.Sitting beside Ramya.Holding her hand.He didnt spend few minutes.With his new born baby.He held him.For few seconds.Gave him back.He was in some.Different world.His eyes didnt shed tears.He wanted his wife.He was begging himself.

Ramya was sitting.On bed with her baby boy.Who was up from sleep.Wearing clothes.Selected for him.By his mother.She cooed her son.Closer to her.Kissing him with heart.Shivani came to her.Hiding her sad face.She smiled at her.Looking at her grandson.Ramya was kissing baby.Till she felt weak.To move.Baby held her wedding chain.Not wanting leave her.Ramya sobbed inside.In deep pain.Shivani took baby and hand it over to nurse.She took seat.Rubbing Ramya's hair.

Sh-"Have been sitting.From morning.Ramya please.

Should rest now.Vivaan will come.From home.We have to force him.

Get home."

R-"He was here.All night.Worried for me.

Everyone is sad.First time because.Of Ramya.I never thought."

Sh-"Not sad.Worried for you.We will be happy.

Once you get back.To normal."

R-"Will that happen.No one knows."

Shivani became mum.She felt running outside.Ramya had faint smile.On face.She knew death was nearing her.She touched her mother in law's hands.She was always.Her mother.Didnt get strict attitude from her.Her heart pained.Thinking she would.Leave so much happiness.Behind and she feared.If she goes away.People behind would fall back.Vivaan and Varna.She was horrified.Her baby will be orphaned.

R-"Mom I want to request.Promise from you."

Sh-"What is it.Say."

R-"Your son shows he is brave.Strong no one can break.He has weak heart.

More fragile than mine.Please handle him.He wont be able.Manage alone.He shouldnt.

Make my son.Deprive of his love."

Sh-"Ramya you will be there.Nothing will happen dear."

R-"I know Mom.I dont have time.Promise me.

You will see.Vivaan and Pranush.has life after me.Life goes on.Make sure that.

You will give them reason.To live and.Not fall down."

Shivani felt defeated.She shut her eyes.Ramya smiled.Getting promise from her.She hugged her.She could already.See darkness engulfing her.Shivani made her rest on bed.When Ramya caught her hand.She frowned.Ramya gave her something.It was three envelopes.Had written names.Vivaan,Varna and Pranush.Ramya shut her eyes.Giving to her weakness.She asked Shivani.Not tell about letters.Anyone now.Keep with her safely.

Shakthi held Varna's cold hands.She couldnt walk.He helped her to get.Till they boarded flight.He didnt have heart.Tell her truth.They were bombarded with calls.Informing about Ramya.She wants to see Varna.He still kept Varna's health secret.Told them they are already on flight.Varna had blank face.It would take them.Few hours more to reach.She gripped Shakthi's shirt.He looked at her.She has gone.In some silence.Her heart was giving her.Some signals.

Sh-"Sleep Varna.We will be there.

Soon."

Vivaan and Ramya were on same bed.Eyes on ceiling.Ramya was smiling.Her face she looked.Serene and content.She entwined her fingers with Vivaans fingers.He held them tightly.Kissed her cheek.Ear and lips lightly.He took deep breath.She wanted to be closer to him.Every second was getting heavy on her.She has seen everyone.Individually till she made them last.Maybe for last time.

V-"I was like question.You became answer to me.Do you know Ramya.

I never thought.Will marry a chirpy girl.Like you.Who cant stop talking.Love is unexpectable."

R-"Love is uncertain.Believed to get man of my dreams.I fell for you.First time saw you.

You came my life.Showered me with love.Unending happiness.I cant thank you.Enough Vivaan.

Thank you.For being my man.I want my son.Be like you."

V-"You have to make.Him like me.But more like you.

Naughty brat.Pranush."

R-"Pranush."

Both said name same time.Smiled thinking about their baby.Their heart faced.Weird sensations.Ramya was in pain.she didnt show.Kept on smiling.She touched her wedding chain.Kissing it.Vivaan kissed her head.He went top of her.Covering her fragile body.With his huge frame.He dig his head.On her neck.She felt weak.But her hand touched his head.He wished moment to stay.For life time.held her strongly.In his arms.He wanted deny truth.Ramya smiled.Remembering wedding vows.

R-"have given me everything.What girl desires.From her husband Vivaan.I wish you.

Love life and happiness.For life time."

V-"Lies in you.Idiot girl.Dont you know.

Stop blabbering.Ruining moment."

R-"Bad husband.Can I make demand.

Give me french kiss."

He looked at her face.Kissing her lips.She didnt have.Strength to open her eyes too.She kissed his head.Held his strong shoulders tightly.Their breathes became slow.Ramya felt hard to breath.Vivaan was losing.His will and everything.He kept on looking at her.Begging her not to do this.She smiled at him.He hid his face in her neck.Again hugging her closely.The machine started giving alarms.Ramya's heartbeats slowed down.

V-"Ramya no.Cant do this to me."

R-"Ramya loves Vivaan.What Ramya loves.Vivaan will do.

Love them.Whom Ramya loves.Give me word Vivaan.

Bad husband."

V-"you wont.Do this."

He was clinging to her.Like a baby.Till felt her breath.Going high.She was sweating.He cried in her hold.Ramya smiled clutching on sheet.Remembering good and bad.Moments of her life.Single tear came from her eyes.It reached Vivaan's skin.She thought life have given.Her time to see world.Live happy life more.Than she was destined to.With fragile heart.She came to thsi world.She is leaving.With strong heart.Her breath went high.For last second.

R-"Vivaan Varnaa."

Last two words came from her mouth.Vivaan felt dead silence in room.His heart stopped beating.Throat nearly dried.With horror pricking him.He opened his eyes.His ears heard machine.Going dead.Alarming heartbeats stopped.His Ramya's heart stopped.He went to look at machine.Shut his eyes.Looked at Ramya.Her hand was loosely.Down on bed.Face still beautiful.She had smile on face.He caught her hand.Closer to his heart.Kissed her.Fiding wedding ring.

V-"Ramyaaa."

His shout wasnt confined to room.Everyone rushed inside.Deep shock.Grief covered them.Prakash saw machine.His daughter lying lifeless.With smile on face.Like when she was born.Given to him.Shivani covered her face with palms.Karuna shouted taking Ramya's name.Prakash fell down.Vikram helped him.Nandini rushed inside.With doctors to check.All knew.Nothing could be done now.Vivaan sat like dead body.Holding his wife's hand.For last time.

Shakthi came out of airport.Waiting for car.He was keeping.Check on Ramya's health.Praying they reach soon.Varna will never forgive him.For not informing her.He has observed her.Going silent.Last few hours.She didnt say word to him.He held her hand.They started walking.Varna felt pain.On her body.Something leaving her.She felt her heart.Ached badly.Like some intuition.She felt like throwing up.Her vision blurred.She gripped on Shakthi's jacket.He received call.Phone fell from his hand.Ramya was no more.

Sh-"Varnaa."

He shouted taking her name.She has collapsed in his arms.He patted her cheeks.Thought about call.News he received.Varna's condition.Was justified to him.Part of her left her.He didnt knew.She will be able to handle this.Sisters are separated away.For life time.Shakthi dreaded.Varna will break down.

.....................................................................................................................

Im getting messages for reading books.Some complaining Im not reading their work.Not commenting.My apologies but.I have two options on hand.Health issues and time constraint.Read and comment.Participate other things.Or update my books.I love writing.I have taken option to write.Because it gives me feeling.Cant make anyone understand.

I love my books.Live my characters.Can understand I havent cried.For story ever.But writing this.I have cried.Ramya will be in my heart.One of my most loved characters.Please give this story chance.For my hard work.If I made you cry.I feel I have something.In my writing.

Thank you.

:(

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

214K 10.1K 56
A simple love story of two childhood frnds, they depart from each other, and finally when they meet again... did they have their old feelings now...
13K 1.2K 24
A short story A story of two brave military personnel from different armed forces. A Combat Medic and A Navy Officer. A regular love story with a p...
80.6K 5.2K 46
Jai Prakash Raj is a dashing superstar. heartthrob of many girls. Darling of the industry and the Greek God for everyone. Srishti Preyansh Verma is...
6.1K 284 22
A peak into the future with our beloved Darling and Sweety. The short series revolves around pranushka and what the future holds for them. Prabhas a...