Pushed To The Edge (Bon X Rin)

By LunarShadowKnight

For the first time in his life, Rin finally had friends. He had people who he could rely on, people he could... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18

Chapter 17

5.9K 198 420
By LunarShadowKnight

Rin's POV

    Have you ever met someone, and the moment you first spoke to them you just felt this click? Like some switch inside you was suddenly flipped? Well, that person for me was Kai. I know, maybe I sound a bit crazy but just hear me out. Around him it was like... well... it was like I was seeing the world in colour for the first time. It was as if everything before him was gray and then suddenly he just appeared in my life, this little ray of light, and suddenly the grays became yellows and purples and just this whole mess of colours.

  The afternoon after he saved me from Rey we went out for lunch. Not a date or anything, obviously, but it was still a memory I'll hold dear to me forever. Usually during lunch I'll find a quiet place to sit alone and eat my lunch because, let's be honest, who'd want to eat with me? Yeah, Bon and the others have been trying to make an effort to be kinder to me, but that doesn't mean we're going to suddenly be best buds and start eating lunch together.

But that day I wasn't alone, I had Kai. We sat under a tree in the courtyard talking about anything that popped into our minds...

"Look Okumura, you seem nice and all but I really don't think this friendship is gonna work out..."

"Yeah," I snorted in agreement. "Definitely not if you have stupid opinions like that!"

Kai tossed a glare in my direction, "My stupid opinion?! You're the one who thinks Batman is better than Superman! Like, I think the hell not! Batman is just some rich playboy who has a hero complex!"

"Bitch no." I was horrified! To think, someone who seemed so nice could have such a terrible opinion on DC heroes... "Batman is obviously superior to Superman! Superman can literally be killed by a rock! If I threw a rock at him, he'd die!"

"It's not just some random rock! It's kryptonite!!!" Kai screeched, flailing his arms around.

"It's a FREAKIN PEBBLE!"

Kai let out a long agonised breath. "Fine... you know what? Fine. How about we just agree that Spider-Man is the best?"

"...." I stared at him quietly.

"What?"

"Spider-Man isn't DC!!!!"

Kai rolled his eyes, "Yeah, but he's still better."

I couldn't disagree with that. "Okay fine, I can agree with you there, as long as we're talking about the Tom Holland version. Cause like... Tom Holland!"

"Okay good, we can agree on something." He crossed his arms and nodded approvingly.

I smirked, trying desperately not to laugh. It didn't work.

Kai smiled when he saw me start laughing. "What? Is there something on my face? Wait I know what it is. It's my face in general isn't it... yep that's what it is. Well darn, guess you're gonna have to get used to it cause you'll be seeing it quite often from now on."

I could feel myself smiling idiotically, "I guess I can learn to deal with you and your weird face."

And that's how it started. Random conversations like that over lunch escalated into texts after school, which became secretly texting memes to each other in class, which then turned into late night calls. I'd never truly known what I was missing out on while not having friends, but now that I had one, I was terrified I'd loose him. I made sure my sleeves were always long enough to cover all my scars around him and I tried my best to keep up my smile no matter how bad the day was. If I wanted to keep up this friendship, I'd have to make sure he never found out about my dad nor all my issues.

Honestly, having a friend helped my mental state a lot. Obviously I still had plenty of bad days, but, I noticed that there were less bad days than there had been before meeting Kai. Sadly, Yukio didn't seem to notice... or maybe he just didn't care.

"Rin! Goddammit put down your phone and listen to me for two freakin seconds!!!"

I set down my phone, which I'd previously been texting Kai on. "Yes, Yukio?"

"I said, I need to talk to you," Yukio hissed out through his teeth, obviously angry that I didn't hear him the first sixteen times he called my name.

"Okay... and that is..." I prompted, making an 'out with it' kind of motion with my hand.

"Are you sure you want to be getting so close with this, Lai, kid that you're always texting?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Kai. His name is Kai, and yes, I am quite sure that I want to get close with him. Why do you ask?" I could already sense I wasn't going to like where this conversation was going.

"It's just.." he sighed. "Well, you've never really had a friend before and I'm happy and all that you've finally made one but... how well do you really know him? Maybe he has ulterior motives?"

Was he seriously suggesting that Kai was using me? I bit back a growl. "So you think... what? That he just wants to gain my trust so he can stab me in the back? Or do you think he's a demon?" I could hear my voice raising in octave.

"I'm just worried," he said quietly. "I don't want you to get hurt."

I growled in anger and pushed passed him. "Well he's not going to hurt me and even if he did, I can handle it myself!"

I grabbed my jacket and headed for the door, needing to take a walk to cool down. I reached for the handle...

"Can you?"

And froze.

"Can you handle it? Cause I don't think you can."

I stayed frozen, my hand still on the knob. "Oh really? Is that why you're suddenly so worried? You think I'm gonna try to kill myself again if something happens?" I practically feel him flinch behind me but I couldn't care less. By now my voice was loud enough that if this weren't an abandon dorm, half the hall would be able to hear me.

"Well newsflash, sensei," I sneered. "I'm not so fragile that one word is going to send me off the edge of a building." I opened the door. "And if I did decide that I really wanted to take a dive off the roof again, trust me, nothing you could do would be able to stop me." And with that, I stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind me.

I turned to walk down the hall, only to come face to face with Izumo. She looked at me, her usual blank face replaced with one of heartbreak.

"Izumo..." I whispered.

A tear slid down her check, landing on the floor with a soft thud. We stood there, silently looking at each other. No noise other than the tears dripping from her face to the floor.

"You," her voice cracked as she finally spoke. "You tried to kill yourself?"

I looked away. I couldn't bare to see the pain in her eyes... or maybe I was too ashamed, I don't know. I could tell by the choking noise she made, that my not responding was answer enough.

"That's why you were out for so long... I should've noticed." Her quiet voice wavered. "I should've paid more attention to the way your smile never quite reached your eyes."

"Izumo-"

"I did notice sometimes, ya know." She cut me off. "I'd notice sometimes how you'd scratch at arms, or sometimes when you'd laugh, I could hear something off about it... but I never said anything."

I stood there, unsure what to do, just watching her silently cry. She suddenly rushed toward me and pulled me into a hug.

"I should've said something. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. And that night when Bon had to take you back with him, I should've- I should've-" She broke off into sobs, unable to finish her sentence.

I sighed and smiled sadly, wrapping my arms around her and letting her cry into my shirt. "Shh, its okay, Eyebrows," I said causing her to stop crying long enough to lightly punch me. "There's nothing you could've done, and I don't blame you at all. You never said anything to hurt me, so really, none of this is on you."

She leaned into my chest, still crying. I sighed and pulled her off me, forcing her to look at me. "Hey, this isn't your fault okay?"

"O-okay," she sniffed before wiping the tears off her face. "And ju-just so you know. This is the only time you'll see me cry! And you better not bring it up ever again!"

I chuckled, but nodded nonetheless, "Of course not, I'd never dream of it."

She nodded approvingly, "Good. Then, you can go do whatever it is you were on your way to do, sorry I held you up."

"It's no big deal," I replied, waving off her apology. "I just need some fresh air. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," she waved, still trying to wipe some of the leftover snot from her face with her other hand.

___________________________
I'm probably either going to double update today or update tomorrow to make up for the lack of recent content. Lo siento!

In the meantime... anyone seen Boku No Hero Academia (My Hero Academia)?

If so... who're your ships?

Also, I recommend the song at the top and I SUPER recommend listening to pretty much every Bars & Melody song in existence cause THEY ARE AMAZING!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 1K 12
this is my first attempt for making Rin Okamura and Ryuji Suguro (Bon) fiction. there's gonna be mature content, but mostly love and all well back t...
144K 5K 69
❝ A smile formed on my face, and for a moment, it seemed like the city went quiet as if they'd really heard me. And maybe, just for a second, the...
5K 152 13
I suggest you read the rewrite, this one ain't good. That ones also finished properly. What if Rin had a demon form but new nothing of his heritage...
180K 6.1K 24
41,653 words: (First Rendition, the Revised ICBH is currently ongoing) Rin is neither human nor demon, he fits in nowhere. His so called "friends" m...