Love After Marriage

By missk11_

The insecure on relationships, American-Indian woman, gets to be the CEO's secretary on temporary but she had... More

Prologue - First Job Interview.
Chapter 1 - Overqualified But Hired.
Chapter 2 - Replacing The Secretary.
Chapter 3 - Mesmerizing Eyes.
Chapter 4 - Handsomeness.
Chapter 5 - Becoming Friends.
Chapter 6 - Urge To Kiss.
Chapter 7 - The Feelings In Need.
Chapter 8 - In Between Confusion And Revelation.
Chapter 10 - The Passionate Kiss.
Chapter 11 - Insecurities.
Chapter 12 - Proposing Her.
Chapter 13 - An Agreement.
Chapter 14 - His Killer Beauty.
Chapter 15 - New Beginning.
Chapter 16 - Wedding Day 1.
Chapter 17 - Wedding Day 2.
Chapter 18 - Free Bird To Love Bird
Chapter 19 - Always Mine.
Chapter 20 - One In Millions.
Chapter 21 - Missing Him.
Chapter 22 - A Mere Mistake.
Chapter 23 - Look Of Distant.
Chapter 24 - The Family Trip.
Chapter 25 - Meeting An Old Friend.
Chapter 26 - Stealing The Heart.
Chapter 27 - Falling In Love.
Chapter 28 - The Little Minx.
Chapter 29 - Winning The Husband.
Chapter 30 - Bitter Truth.
Chapter 31 - Letting Him Go.
Chapter 32 - His Love Confession.
Chapter 33 - A Chance For Love.
Chapter 34 - The Comprehension.
Chapter 35 - Fear Of Losing Her.
Chapter 36 - Beliefs In Love.
Chapter 37 - Two Hearts Unity.
Chapter 38 - Taking Her Home.
Chapter 39 - Meant To Be.
Epilogue - The Little Family.
Bonus Chapter - Sweet Kisses.

Chapter 9 - Rejection And Tears.

11K 424 6
By missk11_

Ishita Hassan

It's been 3 days since my last meeting with Nathan and he was really busy as I knew his schedule for this two weeks. I don't have to reschedule anything unless if he wants me to but for now I guess there's no any changes.

Mrs Lau is still in her holidays and she doesn't fail to ask about my work here to make sure that everything's smooth for me. She is really sweet and caring as she sees me as her own daughter and I missed her a lot.

I am free now after rearranged some papers on my rack so I decided to have a coffee. The connection between me and Nathan was less now, maybe because I never bump into him but still a small part of me wanted to meet him. Just a small part of me, I swear.

I make my way to the pantry to make a coffee and I walked passed his door that obviously showing his name board on the door. Looking at his name on the door while walking passed it make my inside bloom and I wonder what was he doing right now.

The pantry is just few steps away from his room and the only thing that separating us from seeing each other was this walls between us. Thinking about him made my memory to revise again to the past that happened in his room.

His gaze were still fixed in my mind and whenever I close my eyes, his attractive face that formed with a sharp jawline, thin lips, shaped eyebrow and his hazel brown eyes which is trying to communicate with mine appears every time on my mind.

Those eyes made me lost in them with only a look. Woah, did I just describe him? But when did I notice this? Questions started running wildly in my mind again as I shook my head to vanish those decriptions of him.

I return back to my room without even glancing on his door while sipping my coffee because to not get affected again. I sat on my chair and put the coffee on my table while leaning against my chair.

A buzzing sound irrupted from the company's computer and I take a look on the screen. Its the reminder that saved by Mrs Lau 3 weeks ago and now its buzzing again showing that he's is needed to attend a dinner party that organised by one of his dealer coming this weekend and that was just in 3 days?

Oh, my. I should really thank this reminder right now and now I had to remind him about it.

I got up from my chair and stopped in place when the thought that 'its not my work to do' strucked in my head. I'm not his PA and she might be informing him now but she said that she's new. Then how come she could know about this?

Now, there's two choices for me to convey this reminder. Either telling his PA to remind him or reminding him by myself. But the second would gives me a bad idea so I'm going for the first one.

I noted down the details about the dinner that going to be held and when I was about to stand up with my notepad on my right hand, I heard a knock. I asked the person to come in and his PA appeared in my vision.

"Hey, I was just coming to meet you. 100 years for you. " I said with a smile and she laughed.

"Really? So crossing the same path then. " she joked while smiling and I laughed.

"Yes and you know what...I need your favor? " I said.

"Wait. Wait. But before that I need to talk to you." she said in a manner tone.

"Okay, what is it?" I said while tapping her shoulder to assure her knowing that she might be nervous right now like the first day when I saw her.

She sighed and I assured her with a smile. "The CEO needs you." she said and my eyes went big in shock. He needs me?

"Why do he needs me?" I asked awkwardly. She saw my reaction and laughed as I narrowed my eyes at ger

"He said that he needs your coffee. I mean...you know from your hand. Because he said that he loves your coffee so you should make him now. And he is waiting." she said innocently.

He loves my coffee and he need it now? Okay, that was strange but he just needs my coffee but not me?

Woah, why I'm going that far? We aren't even a couple to need each other. I mentally slapped my face.

"So what favor that you need from me?" she asked curiously.

I'm going to meet him anyway so why don't I tell it by myself. But what if it turns awkward? No, I guess it won't or if it does, I will be straightforward.

"Nothing actually and I will make a coffee for him and let me give it by myself, okay? " I asked.

"No problem, Miss Ishita." she said as if she just met me.

"Okay, Jen. Its really nice to meet you, again." I said and we shook our hand.

We both laughed at our act and we left my cabin. I make my way to the pantry and she walked into her room which is next to his. I made a coffee like the same I did last time and I took the mug on my left hand while my notepad lays on my right.

When I was about to knock his door, it swung open revealing himself with a blue shirt and his long sleeves were rolled up. His black pants compliments his shirt perfectly and he looked so good.

"Are you missing something?" he said amusingly.

"I'm not. I'm here to give you the coffee. " I said in the serious tone.

"Okay. Come in. " he moved to the side from the door to let me in.

I walked in and made my way to his desk while placing the coffee mug on his table and turned to face him. He was only standing a feet away from me and his hand came up to put a strand of my hair behind my ear, just like that day. This time, I moved away quickly and his smiley feature dropped.

I felt bad for what I make him feel and he lean in closer to my ears.

"Is there anything you want to say, my friend? I really missed you. " he whispered and inhales my smell.

He...He missed me?

Again I stood there with my breath getting stucked and my eyes widen. Oh, right. I'm his friend already but how can I feel strange with a friend and how can he behave like this with a friend? I backed away and my back hit his table.

"I wanted to say about the dinner party on this Sunday that your to attend. " I said in a gulp of breath and his face lost it's vibe the moment I backed away.

"Yeah, I know. So be ready at 8." he said blankly as he began walking away to his chair.

"Why do I have to be ready?" I asked knowing that I don't have to actually.

"You have to Miss Ishita because for now your my secreatry so I want you with me. " he said while running his finger on his hair.

"Okay." I said shortly and turned to left but I had another thing to say now.

"Hurmm...You have to stop being like that around me. " I said strictly and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Being like what? " he asked and stood up from his chair while making his way to stop infront me.

"Like what? Okay, I know that we are friends but you don't have to come near me like that...like leaning next to my ear and whispering or putting my hair behind my ear. I can do it myself and your not...needed to do that for me. " I said in the same tone.

"You don't want me that near?" he said and I can clearly notice worry in his tone. Worry? What is he worrying for? Didn't he do that to every girls then why do he have to be worried when I stopped him?

"Okay, you know what...Just don't do this again. And I'm honestly saying that...I don't like to be this near with you or any other guys even it's a friend. " I lied because the truth is I like when he was near me but I don't know why that I couldn't accept the truth.

Maybe because I don't want him to get a wrong idea about me or I don't want this strange effect that invading in me.

And with that, I left the room and walked to my own. I closed my door and lean my back against it. He looked like a heart broken man when I saw him on the side of my eyes while I walked past him to the door. My heart screamed in pain after looked at his blue feature and I felt really bad now.

I sense a liquid lingering on my cheek and what am I crying for? My hand quickly came up in contact with my eyes and I felt tears on my them.

Whoa, this will be the first tear that descend from me in my work place. I won't cry that easily unless its really hurting from my beloved ones. But why am I crying for him? Did this really hurt me? I definitely need a listener now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.4K 29
𝗔𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗡 - Beautiful ✨🤍🪷🦢🌻 This is a collection of Desi Short Stories. The stories: 1. Dilkash ✨ [Complete] 2. Mukhtalif 🤍 [Complete] 3. I...
139K 3.1K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
13.2K 481 15
Indian bl romance story. What's between the Boss and the Secretary !!!! " When admiration turns into love and then affection grows. l can't stop...
2.8K 98 14
A 22yr old girl Madhu Chauhan from a middle class family with ambitions , wants to live her life for herself , loves her family . Then her li...