Smitten

By englishrose19

NEW! What happens when Mrs Lovett meets someone else.... More

Edward
Method in my madness
Temptation
A life of crime
Devil's eyes
Hesitation
The Party
He knows...
The Gunshot
Flowers
Just between us my dear
Darkest Secrets
The Ugly Truth
I Love Him, That Will Never Change
Wait
Monster
Revenge is payback
The Better Man
Possession
So much for waiting.
We're the same Evil
Margo
The Dinner
Best liar in all of fleets street
The Picnic
Soon my Love
No bloodshed
The Letter
The Truth - Part one
The Truth - Part Two
The Getaway
You and Me
The Law
What to do
Decision
Edwards Plan
Old Ghosts indeed
Revenge
The Past
The End

Blackmail

398 31 33
By englishrose19

Sitting across from Edward on the very long dinning table, Mrs Lovett glared at him as he tucked into the biggest banquet she had ever seen. She knew he was rich but never this rich. They had food stretched out along the table to feed a whole army of men let alone just two people. She had no idea why he had gone to all this effort, it was rather over the top. Not to mention the candles lit along the table to make it more... 'romantic'

She bit the inside of her cheek and looked down at her plate. She was so caught up in her anger and hate right now that she couldn't bring herself to eat a bite and so she just swirled her fork around the plate not wanting to have one bite of her dinner knowing that Sweeney was probably getting nothing.

"You look beautiful Eleanore" Edward said sweetly to her from the opposite end of the table whilst sipping at his red wine. She hated that she was made to clean herself up and change for tonight. Not that she's didn't want a bath and wash her hair, but she didn't want to make an effort for his sake. True, she did feel a lot fresher after a soak and scrub, hair washed and brushed, but having some lady do her makeup and dress her in a dress he had picked out made her angry. She had said no to makeup, had agreed to the bath just as the woman was so persistent and didn't let her go without one.

The dress and makeup came second and after being told countless of times that it was instructed for her to provide these services for her, Nellie finally gave up. She did look beautiful, her makeup was not to heavy but was flattering and very well done. She had never warn a red lip but even Nellie had to admit she did like the colour on her. Her dress was also a deep red, laced with black ribbon around the corset. She had always wished she could make such an effort looking like this for someone. She always dreamed of nice clothes and being taken care of but not to impress Edward. He was the one man she certainly wasn't out to impress. Once maybe, but not anymore.

As she looked over at him she stared him straight in the eye from the long distance she was sitting from him. "Where's Mr Todd?" She asked directly not blinking once nor hiding the anger in the eyes.

He didn't respond. Simply sighed and wiped his mouth on a napkin. "Where he belongs"

"Where!" She snapped banging her hand on the table loudly making the cutlery jolt loudly in the process.

Looking at her he could see the tears brimming in her eyes. It was so clear how much she loved the barber. He hated that....

"He's in a cell" He said darkly his eyes turning hard on her hating that she kept going on about the bloody serial killer!

A cell, Mrs Lovett felt herself gulp. She could picture Sweeney alone and hungry with no idea what was going on or where he was. She needed to see him. She had to be with him...

"Please take me to e'm" she whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"No"

"Why" she cried holding back the need to let her tears spill from her eyes.

"Because I don't want you near him!" He yelled making her flinch at his authoritative tone of voice. Standing up from the table Edward threw down his napkin in irritation and headed over to her. "He's a murderer Nellie! He has killed hundreds! Maybe THOUSANDS OF MEN!" He barked at her placing his hand on the top of her chair and leaning forward to look at her in the face. "He deserves to die!"

"No!" She yelled back "I'm a murderer too! I've killed in the past and 'ave 'elped him every step of the way! You hang him you have to hang me too!"

"I won't listen to this..." he sneered not believing her and moving away.

"It's TRUE! You just don't wanna hear it!!"

"No matter what happens I'll make it my job that he doesn't walk away with you! I'm the Judge now and by tomorrow morning I will sentence that bastard to hang!" Edward yelled again making her more furious and scared.

"WHAT DO I 'AVE TO DO TO KEEP E'M ALIVE!!!" She cried tears running down her cheeks not being able to hold back now.

"Marry me!" He turned to her again walking back over to where she was sitting to look at her dead in the eyes.

"If you become my wife I'll let him walk away free" he said calmer meaning what he said. He hated Sweeney so much that killing him gave him pleasure or keeping him alive knowing Eleanore was married to him and not Sweeney would hurt him just as much. It was an win win in Edwards eyes. Revenge had never been so sweet.

Wiping her tears Mrs Lovett stayed quiet. She felt her heart was breaking, slowly and painfully knowing it was down to her decision. Looking at him now that they had both calmed down a little she shook her head sadly. "I'll never love ya, and you want to marry someone that will always pine for someone else?" She asked continuing to shake her head sadly. She actually had pity for him. Was he really this sad? Did he really not have anything better to do then ruin her life?

"I don't care, I want you to be mine. I was planning on asking you all along before I found out you were fucking him behind my back! So now I have the upper hand and if you do decide to give us a chance I'll let him free. Other then that I will enjoy watching him hang tomorrow morning" She grimaced at him and his awful words.

"Ya even more evil then Turpin" she hissed her eyes disgusted and hateful.

"Turpin is dead, besides he was the one that got me here today" Edward smirked moving away again and heading towards the door.

"Think about it Eleanore"

————————-

She must have been sitting there for over half an hour now. She hadn't moved. Just sat at the dinning table grovelling in her sadness soon after Edward had left her. She didn't know what to do, she didn't want to marry him but she didn't want to lose Sweeney either. She contemplated whether to say no to him and try and work out a way to free them both but there was nothing she could do.

"Mum?" Toby's timid voice sounded making her realise he was now standing in the dinning room. He held his head down whilst twiddling his thumbs nervously together.

She had been so caught up in her thoughts she hadn't even heard him enter. But now that he was here she felt nothing but broken trust and dis-loyalty when she looked at him.

"How could ya Toby?" She whispered in despair, her eyes watering again with tears. "I can't believe you would do this to me" She practically whimpered like a hurt puppy.

He felt his own tears springing to his eyes when he looked at her. He wanted to run over and jump in her arms telling her how sorry he was. But he had hurt her, he knew she didn't want him near.

"I thought I was doin' what was best" he mumbled his bottom lip quivering as he held back the tears. "I can see now I was wrong, I'm so sorry Mum honest I am" he couldn't help it now. The tears were falling thick and fast.

As much as she wanted to hate him right now her motherly nature made her get up from her chair and walk over to him. Kneeling in front of him she placed her hands on his shoulders. "Why did ya do it?" She asked softly her tears brimming again in her eyes.

"I was tryin' to protect ya, Mr Todd is a murder Mum I didn't want e'm to hurt ya" he sniffled wiping his tears as he cried with the back of his sleeve.

"I am too" she whispered revealing for the first time to him she wasn't as innocent as he thought. "Huh?"

"I helped him love, I was part of it all" she confessed making him finally see the bigger picture. "I love e'm Toby, more then me own soul an I would do anythin' for e'm, I wanted to be apart of his life...."

"But he got ya into bad ways Mum" he continued to sniffle trying to comprehend what he was hearing. "I made that choice, I'm no more innocent then he is....But i loved you, always wanted a son and always craved a life by the sea with me own family....That's what I wanted for the three of us" she ended on a whisper, the pretty picture she had made up in her mind was hurting her more knowing that it may never come true for them all now.

"I'm sorry" Toby cried running his arms quickly around Mrs Lovett's neck and burying his face in her shoulder as he cried.

Swallowing the painful lump in her throat she hugged him back. Stroking the back of his hair she kissed his cheek. "It's alright love, I knew in me heart you weren't doin' this maliciously" she whispered soothing him as he cried his poor heart out at what he had done. 

Pulling him away a little Mrs Lovett wiped his eyes with her thumb and held back her own need to break down in tears. "Can you take me to Sweeney? Do you know where he is?"

Toby nodded. "Yes"

A/N : ok so I'm officially back to writing this story!! Hope you liked this chapter!! Please please please tell me your thoughts!! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 691 48
Instead of killing Mrs. Lovett at the end of the film sweeney relises his affection twords the baker but still hurts her but she lives. Can Mrs. Love...
11.1K 473 18
It's been 5 years since Sweeney left the pie shop behind and Mrs Lovett again for that matter. The Judge was dead, his revenge was now over. However...
7.4K 261 16
Sweeney Todd finds himself having to hurt the only person on this miserable earth that ever loved him. Yet in order to protect Mrs Lovett there would...
11.2K 433 21
Short Sweenett story... What if Mrs Lovett knew much more about Mr Todd's past then he first thought. What if she was in fact closer to his family t...