MIAB

By Whims-of-Insanity-3

[After the events of Awakening of the Forsaken Fallen] Tyson is missing. Brooklyn is missing. Kaori is missin... More

Prologue: Solace In Darkness
Chapter 1: Missing
Chapter 2: Numb
3: Scream
4: Awake and Alive
5: Haunted
6: Reminded
7: Hero
8: No Reason
9: Beautiful Alone
10: It's Too Late
11: Piece of Heaven
12: With You
13: Sanctuary
14: Battle Cry
15: Rise
16: Reluctant Heroes
17: Comatose
18: Last Breath
19: Sweet Sacrifice
20: Tourniquet
21: Falling Inside the Black
22: Underdog
23: Rise Above The Storm
24: I Hate Everything About You
25: In The End
26: Overlap
27: Again
28: Fallen Angel
29: Epitaph
30: World So Cold

Epilogue: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

122 6 1
By Whims-of-Insanity-3

Japan, November 23 10:17 a.m. 

In an abandoned facility hidden in a dense forest that would've been overlooked by the visitors had they not known the way, a small group of teenagers were gathered, all of them placing flowers in a memorial that listed the name of several people that only some of them knew.

"I can't believe you finally decided to come, Ri-kun," Shun said, replacing the withered white roses for new ones. The boy was dressed in black jeans and a long-sleeved white shirt. He moved his bangs aside, revealing a scar on his eye, "I'm pretty sure that they're happy to see us." He leaned on Hikaru's shoulder, his twin wrapping an arm around him. With both of them wearing the same clothes, people would've confused them. However, Hikaru's scar on his cheek and Shun's scar on his eye now told the twins apart.

"You did take forever to visit," Aya answered, her blonde hair – plus her 'skunk' streak – tied up in a loose ponytail. She was dressed in a dark red sweater, a black skirt, knee-high white socks and a white scarf. She held in her hands a vase filled with fresh asters for the fallen children.

"I was tied up in a straight-jacket, Aya-mermaid," Riku said, Kaori holding onto the handles on his wheelchair. Riku's hair had grown past his ears and was wearing a dark blue sweater and black pants. He was knitting something, smiling down at it, "I don't know the excuses of the others."

"Cheeky brat." Kaori laughed. The brunette had kept her hair short, her mismatch-colored eyes no longer hidden by her long bangs. She was dressed in dark brown pants, a white shirt, a black vest and dark blue blader gloves while Arion's bit hung around her neck proudly.

"Let's not fight in front of everyone," Nami stated, chastising the others. The young girl didn't have her trademark twin ponytails, but had her long hair down. She was wearing a dark pink sweater, a dark blue skirt and white knee-high socks. She was also cleaning up the altar.

"We weren't fighting." Kaori answered back.

"So, why did we all decide to come here instead of helping the others organize Tyson's birthday party?" Raul asked, Julia placing small toys on the altar that served as a reminder for the others that had not survived. The twins, like Hikaru and Shun, were wearing identical black pants and red shirts, although Raul was wearing a black scarf.

"To pay our respects to our friends," Hiro answered, Ann clinging to him. The oldest of the group was dressed in a dark gray shirt, a red jacket and dark blue pants while Ann, the second eldest, was dressed in a black dress, as if mourning the death of the children. Her bangs covered her eyes while she remained silent.

"Right," Raul said, reading the names of the other children that had not survived the Forsaken Fallen. His eyes softened, "It's been ten years, huh?"

"Crazy, if you think about it a lot." Kaori said, pushing Riku so he could read the names. He crossed out Ann's name, the same way he had done to Rin's. It gave him some happiness to do that, at least.

"It all started in this place," Aya sighed, lighting incense candles. They were all silent, as there were no words to describe how they all felt. She kneeled down, the others doing the same, "This is where we all met. Us, Tyson and Rin. And Fuyu-san, of course."

"I always looked back on them as bad memories," Nami started before smiling, "Now, after all we've been though, I think I can see the positive thing about it."

"And that is?" Hikaru asked, hugging Shun closer to himself, as if keeping the boy away from his girlfriend, something Nami did not appreciate.

"Meeting you guys," She said, "getting to understand the beasts." They were all silent, glancing at the spots where Chaos had once branded them with his mark. Those brands had disappeared three days after the Forsaken Fallen had been defeated but it seemed they'd always feel its presence, no matter what.

"I guess that is a good thing to think about," Riku declared, pausing in his knitting. He hummed, "Where was Ty going to go, again?"

"To visit the Forsaken Fallen, Riku," Kaori answered, "which is convenient for us because we need to head on over to the dojo and help out with the party."

"Do we have to?" Ann whispered. She didn't feel like leaving this place, as if afraid of abandoning the children here again. Hiro noticed, as the girl's grip on his arm was tight.

"Don't worry, Ann-bat," Riku answered, turning to face the girl, "we'll come back and visit them."

Aya nodded, heading out the door, "Come on, Ann, we got a birthday to celebrate."

~~~MIAB~~~

Japan, November 23 3:45 p.m.

Tyson walked a path that he remembered seeing in Chaos's memories, along with Dragoon's. He had never been here before and yet it all felt so familiar to him, as if this place was as familiar as the Granger dojo. As it was already the beginning of winter, Tyson had worn a warm red jacket, dark blue jeans and a black scarf that Riku had knitted for him when the other boy had been hospitalized and had given it to him this morning, as it was his birthday.

The now-sixteen year old finally got out of the dense forest and was now in a beautiful meadow that seemed untouched by pollution and the cool weather. In the middle of the meadow, there was a collection of stones. No doubt Saori had put them there, by Daichi's request.

He kneeled in front of one of the small stones that had a destroyed beyblade on top of it. He dusted the small stone and smiled, remembering who was the one the gravestone belonged to, "Hi Night. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

He placed a white rose on the grave and sighed, "Things have been pretty hectic over here. Hopefully, it's not like that in your case. I wonder what the bit-beasts do in the afterlife. Or, in your case, in the afterlife and in the hearts of two humans." He looked up at the still blue sky and thought it was a shame there were no stars up yet. He would have felt closer to Night, the holy beast of the gentle darkness.

"We've all recuperated, thanks to our bit-beasts so thank them too if you can. Aya, Kaori, Nami and the twins are attending my school now and they're trying their best to fit in. Unfortunately, they keep standing out because of their nature. Hikaru is already getting into fights, something Shun doesn't appreciate.

"Takao, Riku and Ann are living with me and Grandpa right now while Kai and Rin sort things out with the authorities concerning their legal guardians and all that. Hiro has been taking care of all three of them and has considered getting a cane for Ann." Tyson chuckled, "Of course, she wants a seeing-eye dog so they're still arguing over that.

"Good news, the protestors have stepped down and it seems that we're going to have our tournament after all." Tyson scratched the back of his head, as he remembered everything Mr. Dickenson told him, "Of course, we will have some restrictions but Mr. Dickenson will sort things out.

"Hey, in other news, Max and Ray like each other." Tyson sat down with his legs crossed after he got tired of kneeling, "Of course, they haven't confessed their feelings yet but they'll get there. Just like Riku with Hilary. And Aya with Hiro." Tyson rolled his eyes, "She's been a bit annoying since Max helped her get over Rin and Kai. Now she's trying to date Hiro. I wonder if he'll give her a chance.

"Speaking of Rin, he's well now. Maybe you finally helped heal him mentally so his physical recovery went by smoothly. He's part of the Board of Directors in the new BBA. Kai says that Rin might take the fun out of blading and Rin retaliated by throwing a shoe at him. They're friends again, I think. Well, does calling people bastard count as being part of a friendship?"

Tyson looked at the stones behind Night's grave. There were actually thirteen of them, eleven representing the Forsaken Fallen, the twelfth being Fuyu's grave and the thirteenth being Sasha's grave. The stones all marked the spot where the bit-chips had been buried, part of Max's idea. Max said that they had hated being sealed in the desolate temple where they had resided for thousands of centuries. Being in this peaceful place may calm them down. Well, it seemed to be working. Unlike Black Dranzer, who they had to put in a storage room because he wouldn't stop causing accidents in the dojo.

"Did you all get what you wanted?" Tyson asked, resting a hand on his chest where his heart was. Seeing their pasts made him sympathize with all of them, especially Chaos. Hopefully, they were in better prisons than the ones they had been in last time. They needed some solace, after all.

"Tyson, what are you doing here?"

Tyson turned around to see Rin standing behind him, carrying a bouquet of fourteen roses, along with a small flower bracelet. Rin, like Tyson, was dressed for the cool weather. He was wearing a warm blue jacket, a red scarf and black pants. Tyson said nothing while Rin sat down, lowering his scarf so his nose and mouth were visible, placing each rose in front of a stone, "I was talking to Night."

"Did you tell him about you and Kai?" Rin smirked and Tyson looked away. A downside of having Rin being freed from Dark Dranzer's grasp and having the chance to be happy again: he wouldn't stop teasing Kai and Tyson about their relationship. He had even called some maids from his manor, asking for the money from their bet.

"Shut up." Tyson groaned while Rin laughed. He seemed much more relaxed now than in years. Well, that's what Kai had told him. Rin laughed and smiled more and occasionally cracked jokes. He was still an introvert and a grouch but at least he talked with them more now. Night must have healed his heart better than they had thought.

"I'm just teasing, Tyson," Rin said, chuckling weakly, "Night saw it coming. Well, everyone saw it coming, even Daichi. Except those two maids I employ. They still owe me money."

"Geez, you're enjoying this situation, aren't you?" Tyson mumbled while ignoring the impish grin – Natasha's impish grin as she spoke with the child Rin that was always smiling – on Rin's face, "You still haven't stopped saying 'I told you so' to Kai. He's getting annoyed by that."

"Why do you think I do it?" Rin laughed, looking up at the sky, "The days are getting cooler, don't you think? It's almost winter. And yet, the flowers and trees in this place still think it's spring."

"Weird, right?" Tyson said before also looking up, the two seeing the clouds slowly drift in the large blue canvas called the sky, "It's as if they're keeping it like this."

"I wonder about that." Rin said softly before standing up, stretching lightly, "Anyways, we should be getting back. Kai asked me to bring you to the dojo. He's got a surprise for you, or so he said."

"Alright." Tyson said as he stood, stretching his arms above his head. He remembered something and turned to Rin with an excited gleam in his eyes, "Hey, can I ride your motorcycle this once?"

"Not a chance, Ty. I don't care if it is your birthday," Rin said before he began to walk, pulling his scarf up to cover his nose, "My bike, my rules. You're in the back and you get the blue helmet. The black one is still mine." Tyson rolled his eyes as they left the small graveyard. Before they left, Tyson felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see that there was nothing there. Rin stopped walking, lowering his red scarf to speak, "What's wrong?"

"I thought that . . ." Tyson shook his head, "Never mind. It was nothing. Now, let's get going! I have a birthday to celebrate."

"Oh, wait. I lied. You're riding on the side car of my bike."

"What?!" Tyson asked, looking at Rin in horror, "Why?!"

Rin smirked back at him and gestured at some place in the distance. When Tyson looked, he saw someone was waiting by Rin's motorcycle. When he saw the familiar white scarf flying like some kind of flag, he knew who it was.

"So you're the reason I'm in the side car?" Tyson asked his boyfriend, who smirked at him. Kai was also wearing a dark blue shirt, a black leather jacket and black jeans. He looked like the epitome of cool, which wasn't surprising.

"Adults go on the motorcycle, children on the sidecar." Kai said, tossing Rin his riding helmet.

Rin smirked, "Sorry, Ty. He called the seat." He got on top of the motorcycle, putting on his helmet, "Now, get on. We need to get going to the dojo. Everyone is waiting for us."

Tyson huffed, sitting on the sidecar looking upset. Rin and Kai shared a glance before Kai whispered something in Tyson's ear. The blunette blushed and the two Russian snickered. Tyson glared, "You guys are jerks."

"Yeah, but we do love you." Rin said, the helmet hiding the smile. Before Tyson could say anything in regards to that, Rin started the engine and the three drove off in the direction of the dojo, anticipating the birthday of the navy-haired blader.

~~~MIAB~~~

Chaos didn't expect to wake up in a meadow surrounded by so many flowers. He also did not expect to wake up under a huge tree on Seventeen's lap, her hands running through his hair the way she used to when he was first created, in the good days before he had been confined to his hell tower. He sat up, looking at her in wonder, "Are you real?"

Seventeen looked down at herself and patted her face and laughed, "I think I am." She patted his back, not missing the look of happiness the beast had, "Calm down, Chaos. You look as if you found out you're getting a puppy or something." She was cut off from saying anything else when Chaos hugged her, burying his face in her shoulder. She was surprised before she hugged him back, running her hand up and down his back.

"You're not dead." Chaos whispered.

"Eh, First pulled some strings with Yggdrasil's help," Seventeen replied, "No one wanted me dead and no one wanted me alive. The compromise is that I was exiled and I now have to live here, if you can believe that." She motioned at the place, Chaos getting out of the hug to take it all in.

The sky was so clear that he could see Earth and several planets, galaxies and stars from here. The air was so fresh, it reminded him of his home. He could see a lake in the distance and see that it was crystal clear. This tree seemed to be the only one for miles but he could see mountains in the distance. He could hear a harp playing in the distance while he could hear a water from a cascade. Flower petals danced in the air, one falling on his nose. This place . . . was better than home.

"If this is the place where you were exiled to, why couldn't they exile me here centuries ago?" He asked before frowning, "I was sealed away, wasn't I? I remember the last attack before everything went dark."

"As I said, First pulled some strings," Seventeen said before standing up. Chaos looked at her properly and saw she was wearing her Elder clothes – a pure white robe – while her hair reached the back of her knees. Before his eyes, she changed into a light blue dress with long sleeves that was long enough to hide her feet while her hair shrunk so it reached up to her back.

"And what does that mean?" He asked, standing up. Once he was up, they both began to walk. Well, Seventeen looked as if she was gliding rather than walking. He noticed he was wearing his familiar looking black robes with white trimmings and, to his delight, he was still wearing Sasha's flower bracelet.

"Well, you were going to go back to that dark prison where you were sealed into," Chaos made a face before Seventeen patted him, "So were the others. But I guess you can say that certain people asked First to not do that."

"So the other members of the Forsaken Fallen-?"

Seventeen smiled at him gently before looking up at the sky, "Sealed in another dimension where they can be happy. A world that they desperately wished for. I am certain they'll be happy there." She picked up a flower before she threw it into the sky, making it transform into a thrush that flew to the distance.

"So why didn't I go with them?"

Seventeen hummed, "Because there is something here that you'll like." At Chaos's questioning look, she huffed, "I'm not telling you yet. It's a surprise, you know. Don't be so boring."

"Right, right," He rolled his eyes, having forgotten how childish Seventeen was. He heard soft singing in the distance and looked around, "So, who in the world is singing? And who wanted us to be in better prisons?"

"Well," Seventeen stopped to grin back at him, "I can only answer one of those questions, okay?" She continued to walk, occasionally catching the flower petals that danced to close to her, "The ones that asked First for you guys to be in a better place was Tyson."

"He really requested that?"

Seventeen nodded, "After the battle, Tyson's astral projection appeared in the Chamber of the Elders, the first human to ever land in there and we're still wondering how he did that. He asked for you to be given better 'prison digs' and all the Elders seconded that."

"All of them?"

Seventeen stuck out her tongue, "Everyone but Fifteen."

Chaos rolled his eyes, "Of course." The music seemed to be getting louder and it sounded familiar to him. He cocked his head to the side, a puzzled expression in his eyes, before asking, "Who's singing?"

Seventeen pointed at a cherry blossom tree, "When we reach that place, you'll find out who it is." They continued walking to the cherry blossom tree and Chaos could hear the harp clearly now, the familiarity of the melody eating him up.

"That tune. Is that-?"

"One day, you will realize

The stars you are chasing

Shine bright deep inside you

But will you ever let it

Shine from within and cast all of your fears aside?

You'll see the light but until that day comes."

Chaos stopped right in his tracks, his eyes wide. He turned at Seventeen, not knowing if this was some kind of prank to haunt him or if this was real. By the look in Seventeen's face, it was real.

"My dearly beloved,

Be strong, I shall be there

Always, here beside you

So keep your head held high

The shadows of this world will try to steal

You away into their arms

But you belong in mine."

"Are you serious?" He whispered, as if he was afraid that he'd wake up in a dark prison instead of here. He was afraid of finding out this was a dream. Because, damn it, this was his dream. A dream he thought would never come to life.

"We are one within a dream

So hold me close and count the stars with me

All our scattered memories

I will find the pieces, one by one."

Chaos ran, ignoring the look on Seventeen's eyes. If this was real, then he wanted to see that with his own eyes. As he approached the cherry tree, he could see the silver harp with someone very familiar playing it.

Much to his embarrassment, he started to cry.

"Ocean waves drift over me

I'll keep you in my memory

This dream that lives within your eyes

I wish to see it come to life."

"It's really you."

The person that Chaos had cared so much for was real. The person who was his dream, the one who had been ripped out of his grasp because of his own selfish desires. That person was real.

"A thousand blades unto the sky

Reach out and link our worlds, yours and mine

Let the tide rush over you and one day I know

We shall meet again

My dearly beloved, be strong, I shall be there

Always here beside you, so keep your head held high

The shadows of this world will try to steal you away into their arms

But you belong in mine

My dearly beloved."

Playing the harp, as if nothing had ever happened to him, was none other than Night. Chaos stopped right in front of him, hand over his mouth to avoid releasing the sob he was holding. Night smiled, his eyes as gentle as always. He was wearing a pure white robe while he was surrounded by a silver aura. He looked unreal.

"Hello there, Chaos." Night whispered, letting out a chuckle. He walked forward, standing a couple of feet away from Chaos.

"You bastard." Chaos sobbed before tackling Night into a hug, much to the other's surprise. Chaos sobbed, "Do you have any idea what you did to me when you died?! Do you know how long I mourned you?! Do you know how I felt when I saw you help Tyson and Dragoon?! And you have the gall to just say 'hello there?'?!" Night felt Chaos punch him in the stomach, making him cough a little as he got winded, "You're such an idiotic moron!"

Night patted Chaos's back, "I apologize. I suppose I should have been more tactful." He untangled himself from the other beast's embrace, wiping Chaos's tears from his cheeks, "If you reacted like this, I am afraid to see how Max and the others would react to seeing me like this, in my physical form."

"I hope they kick your scrawny ass so badly, you die again." Chaos replied, obviously peeved.

Night pouted, "Chaos, I thought you missed me? Now you are wishing for my death again? That is cruel."

"Of course I missed you, you idiot." Chaos responded, scowling, "Don't you ever make me go through that again or I swear I'll go to the land of the stars and drag you here!" He wiped his tears away before smiling, "I really missed you, Night. I'm glad that I can see you again."

"I feel the same way." Night answered, grabbing Chaos's hands and closing his eyes, "I do apologize for causing you all grief. But it was not like I knew the manner in which I would die."

"Says the one that can read the stars." Chaos grumbled, Night rolling his eyes and smiling. Seventeen watched from the distance, seeing how happy the two were. Chaos and Night, one of fate's favorite pair of marionettes. She was glad that the strings on them had been cut and so they could be happy together once more.

"I apologize for that too, Chaos," Night answered before turning to Seventeen, "We also wanted to bring Sasha's spirit here but it seems that her fractured spirit is still missing."

"That's okay." Chaos answered, sitting down and tugging Night down so they could sit down together in the ground. He turned to Seventeen, "How did First make this happen? Getting Night's spirit here, I mean?"

"She asked Yggdrasil for his spirit. Luckily, some fragments of his soul are in Tyson and Rin so that tied Night down to the physical world. As such, he can appear here, in the world between life and death." Seventeen answered.

"So this is my permanent prison?" Chaos asked before closing his eyes, the gentle breeze making his dark locks of hair move slightly. His grip on Night's hand tightened and he took a deep breath before opening it, "No. This is my paradise." He leaned on Night's shoulder, "I have the two people that hold a piece of my heart here with me, people I thought I had lost forever because I was a fool. This is not a bad prison."

"Right," Seventeen agreed, looking up to see the Earth, reaching up for it, "This is our home. And it's just you, Night and me here. Might get boring for me being a third wheeler after a while but I think I can handle that. I'll just have to entrust the Earth to Third and the brave bladers that have saved it for so long."

"The Earth is in good hands, Seventeen, Chaos," Night answered, also looking up, "I trust them. I know that they will protect that world until the end of their days."

Chaos smiled before looking up to the sky to see the world he had nearly destroyed. The world Sasha and Night loved, the world he and the others wished to make beautiful once again. It seemed, however, that it was just as beautiful as the first time he had seen it. Perhaps it was more beautiful because he had left the world knowing that there were still light in the hearts of the humans.

"Take care of that beautiful world, everyone."

In Earth, in a certain dojo in Japan, Tyson was busy opening his gifts when he felt a sudden breeze, some white petals floating inside. Riku noted that there were no blossoms in bloom at this time while they all distantly heard a voice in the breeze that had passed by.

"We will," Tyson muttered to the wind, causing Night, Chaos and Seventeen to smile from their dimension so far from them. The world was in good hands, after all. After so long, Seventeen finally relaxed while Night sighed in relief.

Everything was going to be fine after all.

END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 191 23
Sleeping didn't come as easy as it used to. Bokuto knew this, and now Akaashi did, too. A Haikyuu Hospital AU . . . This is not my fanfic. I do not o...
6.4K 259 24
they had heard about each other, but they hadn't met. so when they finally met, it felt like they were already familiar. playful teasing and snarky c...
2.5K 126 13
This is a story of a girl named (Y/N) McGregor who is very passionate about Beyblade and is an excellent blader. What happens when she falls in love...
24.3K 1.4K 35
❝ Rule no. 1 - No secret dating. ❞ ❝ The problem is that I don't know what problem I have with him! ❞ When the new BBA team, the bladebreakers was ma...