Someone Just Like Her

By Lilyinnes

"I'm an idiot. I know I'm an idiot. I could list a hundred pieces of evidence that I'm an idiot from this nig... More

Road Rage Affects Every Age, Granna
Who is Chris and Why Does he Trust in Me?
I Cant Speak to People
You're Just Really Strange
Bitches
You're Still Alive
Dipshit the Guinea Pig
Stale Pasta With the O'Briens
Snow and Pervy Bosses
Life of the Party (Part 1)
Life of the Party (Part 2)
Life in the Sky House
Some Rando in my Bed
Sarah the Photographer
Always
Hospital
The Heart Monitor Went Flat
This is Wrong
Saving Him
Happy
And the Winner is...
Simple Little Life
Epilogue
•Cast•
Author's Note ~ Sequel?

Things arent Awful

36 1 0
By Lilyinnes

I look at Chris with curiosity as he drinks from his water bottle, biceps bulging.

I've never really spoken to many boys in my life since I got past the age of ten, and even then, I've never been very sure on how it's done.

And then suddenly, out of nowhere, this mysterious boy sacrifices his own solo so I can see the nationals.

"So," he says, "How are we going to do this?"

I look at him blankly.

"How are we going to practice?" He rephrased.

"Oh," I flush slightly, "Well I'm free just about every day of the week, so just pick-"

"Ok," he says, walking away, "Everyday then. 6:00pm, here,"

"Oh ok then," I have to almost shout back, "Starting from tomorrow?"

"Is tomorrow included in 'everyday'?" He asks, rhetorically.

"Shut up," I say playfully.

I hear him laugh slightly, then walk down the hall and call back faintly, "You're a good dancer by the way, Indigo,"

I smile and exit the studio.

Thankfully, it's my Mum waiting for me outside the studio and not Taylor. I really don't feel like dying tonight.

"You look happy" she says with a smile. I just laugh and nod and smile continuously.

The alarm clock went off again this morning, but I didn't hate it this time.

I threw on another of the outfits that isn't as nice but oh well.

I viciously rub some acne cream on my acne, which has worsened drastically since last night. I sigh.

Then I think about dancing - the nationals - Chris.

My acne covered face lightens.

Granna honks her horn gracelessly outside the apartment.

I barge past Taylor, who is drinking his cereal from the bowl.

He spills some down his shirt.

"Indigo! You bitch!" He says angrily.

I jog to Granna's car and manage to get myself in the front seat before Taylor comes lumbering outside, giving me a cold stare and squeezing himself into the back of the car.

The other classes I have don't have assigned seats, so I sit as close to potential friends as possible, but never actually say anything.

I must look like a freak, following them, then never speaking.

I cringe at my own actions frequently.

Before I know it, I'm almost at lunch, English.

I honestly won't lie to you, I loved English at my old school.

I was shit at maths, my science teacher hated me, my French teacher called me "Eendijo" and my history teacher was only slightly insane.

Only. Slightly.

But this English is really awkward. Especially since I sit next to two boys.

At least one of them looks nice.

I accidentally make another awkward eye contact and he gives me another warm smile. It's nice to see someone that looks that nice.

The teacher begins to speak. I try hard to focus but all I can think about is dancing, and Chris.

"MsMalcom," the English teacher says with an unreadable expression, "Now would be a good time to present your project to the class, seeing as you told me you'd have it finished today,".

A black haired girl in the front row goes red, "It's at the house, Miss, I promise. I swear to God I done it"

"Did" I corrected her under my breath. For a moment I went red remembering the people around me could here me, then I realised I wasn't the only one that had spoke.

The blonde boy next to me had said the exact thing.

He looked at me and gave another shy smile, which I managed to return slightly.

"Now," the teacher clapped her large hands, "On the note of school projects, we're going to be doing one!"

The class groans in union.

"...with a partner,"

Their faces lift. Girls are quickly making eye contact with each other, confirming that they'll be working together.

"And everybody will be doing it with the person next to them,".

I put my head down on the desk. I wish I could just evaporate into nothing.

"The project will be on one quote," she continues, "One quote from any book that you and your partner agree on. You should do a large paragraph on what you think the quote represents, and an A3 poster on it, including illustration, the quote in large text and key words and phrases. You'll be given about five weeks to complete this, which is more than enough time for excellent papers and posters. And be careful, because this project counts for a lot of your end of year grade!"

The class falls into a sea of outraged conversation.

"Starting from now!" The teacher yells.

I look at the boy, he looks back.

"Hi," he says, hiding his shyness, "I'm Adam,"

I smile half heartedly, "Hi, I'm Indigo,"

We fall into another awkward silence. This time I break it.

"So, what quote should we do? I feel like we should do one from a classic,".

"Ok," he says, "have you read 'Of Mice and Men'?"

I shake my head, "Have you read 'Treasure Island'?"

He shakes his head, "Have you read..."

We go about all this asking and shaking for almost five minutes then he says, "Have you read 'Animal Farm'?"

I laugh with relief, "Ugh, thank god! Yeah, I have,"

He smiles as well, "Awesome!" He says.

We fall into conversation about animal farm, and then we drift into other things and before I know it.

"So, did you have like, a boyfriend back in Scotland that you had to leave behind,".

I blush slightly, "No, never,"

His eyes widen, "You're kidding,"

"Nope," I say, popping the 'p'.

"You must have left behind a lot of friends, though,"

I smile sadly, "Actually, my last set of friends were pretty bitchy. It was probably a good thing me leaving them. It was getting pretty toxic,"

"Jeez," he says, "sounds harsh,".

"Yeah," I say, gaining confidence, " But I'm moving away from all that now. I'm going to be happy this time,".

"Whoop whoop," He choruses unenthusiastically.

I laugh. "I'm not really very close to finding new friends,"

He looks insulted, "You've got me,"

I smile. He's so nice. He could be a good friend.

I decide to tell him about the whole 'Chris thing'. He nods and listens intently.

Once I've finished speaking he thinks to himself for a while.

"He's so into you," he simply says.

I go red and give him a look, "Into me?,".

"Well, Obviously," He says which makes me go even redder, "Imagine - a pretty, funny girl joins your class. He's even willing to give up his national solos just to spend more time with you!"

I think about it. And end up smiling like an idiot.

He laughs at me.

Then the bell rings.

"Hey," He says before I walk away, "You should sit next to me and the guys at lunch," he sees my expression, "there's girls there as well," he says quickly.

"Yeah, ok," I say, "It's not really like I've got anything better to do,"

He leads me to a cute little table in the corner of the room, with two boys and two girls already sitting there. They smile at me.

"Indigo," Adam says, "This is Jenny ( Her and Thomas are a thing )and Hope," he says pointing to the girls, "And that's Thomas and that's - "

"I'm Daniel," the brown haired boy says, "But you can call me , anytime,"

I laughed and sat down.

Jenny and Hope started talking away to me, asking me about Scotland and telling me the gossip on everyone one table at a time.

"... And that table," Jenny begins, "That's the popular table,"

"They're all a mixture of bitches and sluts," Hope says, "But do you see that girl in the middle, with dark brown hair with highlights?"

I nod.

"That's Melanie McCoy. She's the most horrible, slutty, selfish and back-stabbing person you'll ever meet in your life,".

"She's hot," Daniel says quietly.

That boy is in a world of his own, I swear to God.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 36.9K 42
#1 in roommates tag 03|12|2018 #2 in new adult tag 12|12|2018 #3 in drama tag 23|06|2019 *Originally titled 'The Art of the Bartender's Heart'* "Can...
35.7K 2K 35
[WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST] Oliver Osborne is known to most as impulsive, nonchalant, and just downright stupid. That said, it came as no surprise when...
460 9 47
Who knew you could get into an amusing conversation with a guy you just met at a coffee shop? Not Heather. ~~ "Why do you keep on following me?" "Bec...
5.5K 223 26
"Em I'm in love with you so bad I can't think straight when I'm near you! I want to shower you in gifts and kisses and stupid sappy stuff like that a...