Princess Charming

By repswiftly

Isabelle Quinn. A girl who treasures her education and aims high, unlike all those other girls in her school... More

Princess Charming
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-EPILOGUE-
E N C H A N T E D

-Chapter 7-

62.7K 1.3K 73
By repswiftly

-Isabelle Quinn-

“I look stupid” I moaned and looked at myself in the mirror wearing a frilly dress.

Caroline scoffed and got up off the bed. “You look fine, it’s beautiful. And people never look good in frilly. But you pull it off.” She winked and tugged at my dress.

It was an hour before the Summer Ball and like always, I didn’t want to go, but Nathan forced me and so did my best friend.

“It is lovely, but it’s not me.” I say and slump down onto my bed. I continue to look at my reflection, where I see a different girl with a purple frilly dress, diamond necklace and earrings, deep scarlet lips and hair in little curls. In my opinion it was a great look but I felt like someone else. I wasn’t used to being so pampered and wearing designer clothes. I was wearing a million dollars, and that was just the necklace and earrings.

“Oh,” Caroline brings be back to reality and I sigh. “Thanks for letting me come.” She smiles.

“No problem, but I didn’t do anything, you begged Nathan.” I point out.

“Yeah well, I’m sure your didn’t want to go alone.” She suggests.

She was right, I didn’t want to go to this Summer Ball unless I knew someone there. I gave a loud sigh and stood up. I felt a little more confident. I looked at Caroline wearing a long strapless dark blue dress with, with silver sequins and high heels. She looked amazing.

“Let’s go” she shrieked and we linked arms, exited my room. This was going to be a long night.

***

“Wow” was the first thing I said when I set my eyes on the venue. I’d seen nothing like it. A lovely glass chandelier above the guests, the tables displaying so many different canapés and so many glasses of champagne.

“It’s amazing, isn’t it?” Caroline looks at me with a beaming smile. She drags me to a table next to all the luxurious food.

“Look at all this delicious food.” She exclaims and squeals in delight. Nathan follows us to the table, he gives me a boyishly charming smile and I blush slightly.

He smirks and looks down at my dress. Does he think it’s ridiculous and too frilly? I knew I shouldn’t have wore this.

“I didn’t tell you how beautiful you look.” He compliments, followed by his smile. He puts his hands in his pockets and looks down at his shoes like he’d said something wrong. But I give a light chuckle and sit down in my seat. (Caroline still excited about all the fancy food).

“Thank you,” I reply and gesture towards the seat next to me. He takes it and just looks at me.

“You don’t think it’s too much?” I ask and look down at myself then back at him. He shakes his head and I take in his features. Soft, kind blue eyes, gentle full lips, messed up hair, he was handsome and he looked at me in such a caring way. Somehow I just felt guilty.

I push the thoughts back and grabed a glass of champagne from a passing waiter. I’d never had any expensive alcohol before so this was my first. I took one little sip and immediately drunk it in one. It shook my body and I felt wide awake.  I got another and downed it in one. It tasted amazing. I stood up to get more.

-Nathan Blake-

Wow, she really likes herChampagne. I watch her drink glass after glass enjoying every drop. But that’s not what causes me to stare at her perfect face. She looked divine in that dress, the little curls in her hair, her lips, deep red and very tempting. I cannot believe I’d never met her before until now. All them other girls were pointless, but not Isabelle.

Just that way she clumsily falls over or smashes something very easily. I chuckle at the thought and watch her drink more.

SMASH!

She’s dropped one of her glasses on the floor and jumped back when glass shards flew everywhere.

“Ergh, I’m sorry” she grumbled and looks up at me apologetically. I wave my hands to say it’s ok. The waiters come instantly and deal with the broken glass. I take Isabelle’s hand in my own and pull her up. She doesn’t question me but comes along anyway and we link arms and walk up the stairs leading upstairs where it’s much quieter. It wasn’t long when we get to a large room only lit with the moons light. It was rather romantic, but maybe that was exactly what I needed.

“Why are we up here?” She asks looking around the room.

“Not sure. It’s just more quiet.” I grab her arm and pull her back before she wanders too far away. She stares at me in surprise, he eyes so innocent that they send my heart racing. Why is it that she can do that? I gulp, my stomach turns and I dig into my tux pocket revealing a tiny box. She looks down at it, she tenses up at the realisation of what it is.

“Isabelle,” I whisper and see her stare at the ring, her mouth open in shock. “Will you marry me?”

Ok, this seemed highly pathetic since we hardly knew each other, but I was asking her to marry me anyway. It doesn’t matter how many girls I’d slept with, I still wanted this to be romantic and done properly.

“I-I-you-“ she stutters, eyes flying from the ring to my face constantly. For a brief moment I thought she’d stopped breathing, she was so still.

“Isabelle?” I ask, worried that someone might be wrong, but she runs. Runs to the door and disappears. I sigh and lean against the wall. What did I do wrong?

-Isabelle Quinn-

I must find Caroline, must find her. Where is she? I push past everyone in my way to find her but I can’t see a tall brunette in a long blue dress.

“Isabelle!”

I spin around and slam into her eating something.

“Woah” she exclaims. “Watch out!”

“Where have you been?” I bark at her and she stares at me.

“Why, what’s wrong?” She takes my hand and looks at me, my inside burn up and a lump forms in my throat. I see him walk down those steps I just ran down, his messy blond hair visible in the crowds. His eyes were searching for me and I hid behind Caroline.

“WHAT?” She yells.

“He just proposed to me” I burst out.

“And?” her eyes fall on Nathan who is still looking through the crowd. “You’re getting married, so what if he did. I know it’s late but don’t you think he had a good reason for it?” Her eyes give me a questioning look and I exhale.

“I froze up and ran from him. I can’t do this Caroline. I can’t.” I say and Nathan’s eyes finally meet mine, but he doesn’t try coming over he just looks upset and walks away. Now I really felt guilty. I understood what Caroline meant but I honestly don’t have the confidence for all of this.

“Yes you can. I don’t know if you know, but he looks at you like that.” She smirks and takes a bite of some fancy looking food that I have no idea what it’s called.

“Like what?” I ask, not understanding what she means.

That! The way a guy looks at a girl when he’s falling for her.” She explains and leads me to a table full of food and drinks.

“I wish he didn’t” I breath and receive a glare from Caroline. “Only because I don’t want to hurt him.”

“You’ve already hurt him by slapping him.” She reminds me and I roll my eyes. I grab another glass of champagne when a short waiter walks past.

“Wait” she yelps and I seize drinking. “Did you not even say ‘Yes’ to the proposal?”

“How was I meant to, I ran for it.” I gulp my drink down and sigh after quenching my thirst. “But I feel so bad that I ran, but I would have said ‘yes’. I just wish I hadn’t run.” I mutter and put the empty glass down and reach for another.

“I wished the same thing.” I whip around at the sound of his voice, Caroline too and she’s half way stuffing her face in some soufflé. It was Nathan, at least smiling. He gently takes my left hand in his and slides the ring onto my finger.

His touch was soft and I shivered at the touch. I give a nervous giggle and mutter ‘thank you’.

Our hands are still touching, are fingers get entwined and we hold on, it was a pleasant feeling having someone to hold onto but I abruptly let go and go for another drink. It washes down my throat, and I give a low burp. I get a bit dizzy, I see a distorted Nathan, laughing. I think it’s Nathan. I stumble and someone grips my arm, my head feeling so heavy that I collapse. Luckily someone holds me up and I hear a distant ‘Whoa’.

I give a shrill giggle and do my best to stand up straight, failing at the process and slapping Nathan (I think it’s Nathan) in the arm. “I’m fine” I exclaim and I hear another voice. Caroline?

“She’s had a bit too much to drink.” Someone says and I laugh.

“I’m fine” I say but instantly my head goes blank. The chatter of people fades away, my head spins and I’m lost.

____________________________________________________________________________

Did you like this Chapter?! It wasn't one of my best and It seems short, but I will do my best to make the next chapter longer and more Isabelle and Nathan in it.

Please vote and comment! It'd mean a lot to me! Byye!

P.S. The song at the side ---> kind of shows how Nathan likes Isabelle. It's a good song!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 384 53
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS IN NEED OF EDITING. READ ABOUT CLICHE EVENTS AND EXPERIENCE PLOT HOLES AT YOUR OWN RISK "The kiss that started everything yeste...
398K 9.3K 16
Kole Asher the good looking soon to be prince of Botnia has to choose his wife soon. On a whim he runs into a girl on the street, he thinks she's bea...
479K 14K 47
"Hey, sorry I didn't mean to bother you I was just wonderi-" I was cut off " Huh ? Who are you ?" I froze right there at the female voice on the o...
213 10 9
Evie was a dreamer, a lover of the written word. She was known for her wild imagination, her endless stories, and her love for literature. But as muc...