Project Blackthorne

By DavidHoffman629

There was a scary group once upon a time called Torchwood in the Empire. Then there is Project Blackthorne in... More

Project Blackthorne
Chapter 2 Eye Opener
Chapter 3 Start of a New Day????
Chapter 4 Standing On The Edge
Chapter 5 Meeting The Crew of Misfits
Chapter 6 The Winds Of Change Are Dangerous
Chapter 7 Running Through Time
Chapter 8 Doors openning Can Be Dangerious.
Chapter 10 The Rift is a Hopping.
Chapter 11 The Rift Gives It's All
Chapter 12 Is The Rift's Past Our Future?
Chapter 13 The Past Will Find the Rift.
Chapter 14 To Chase the Lightening Rider's
Chapter 15 All Hands Inside Till The Ride Comes Too A Complete Stop.
Chapter 16 Who said "Work Couldn't Be Hazardous Too Your Health?"
Chapter 17 Running towards the Finish Eyes Closed.
Chapter 18 One Curvy Rabbit Hole
Chapter 19 Two Points Converging With A Bang!
Chapter 20 A New Home A New Life?
Chapter 21 Can Crap Roll Up Hill?
Chapter 22 The Rift Slices Real Deep
Chapter 23 "The Rift Is Always Ready Are You?"
Chapter 24 "The Rift Grows Wide and Strong."

Chaptter 9 The Rift Holds Many Strange Things.

100 0 0
By DavidHoffman629

"Alright people lets all haul arse and make tracks back to the plane. " Jim Donovan ordered everyone over the com. "We should split up and make for the air field separating our trailing packages too keep them at bay." Luther already had the Landcruiser hauling arse across the down the desert highway. Sam and Kiran barely had seconds too get strapped in before they were thrown back in their seats as Luther had peeled off. "Sounds like a plan too me boss. But why do we need too wait for Hannibal. The big Lug can grab a buzzards and fly his way back too the base. Luther was smiling wide as he said that last part looking towards Sam as he said it. Sam pointed Luthers gaze back towards the road holding tight too the screaming bar just above her window on the passenger window with her right hand. "I'm going too take your favorite surfboard and shove it sideways up your are if you get us into a freaking wreck!" Kiran Lively growled from her position in the back seat." Mother's voice sounded over everyone's com link. "The recovery time made the landing site after Hannibal took control of the site. Our clean up team made it there in record time before the Rift could reclaimed the remains of the ship." "Have we gotten any information on the exact where or when our traveler came from?" Sam asked wanting too get a grip on all this strangeness happening around her. "Alast I am afraid the team did not have much time too gather much. What they got they have abroad the cargo chopper heading here for the landing strip with Hannibal on board. " Mother informed everyone too what most of them already suspected. Sam looked too Luther then too Kiran a questioning look on her brow. "The Rift opens and closes at unpredictable intervals. " Luther rattled off in his inscrutable oriental tone. "So needless too say," Kiran chimed in from her seat by the console in the back of the Landcruiser. "The Rift has at time claimed back whatever our travel at the time had ridden in too get here. So time is of the essence too gather everything we can once we know the location of any given anomaly opening." Luther commented taking the Land cruiser like it was an Indie race car biting down on the pavement. Bryan Holt struggled a little with his Land cruiser but he held it together taking his SUV in the opposite direction away from the direction Luther had taken only seconds behind him.

Will Riker was a little mussed up his suit covered in dust with bits of weeds stuck here and there. But his eyes were hard as nails wanting blood anyone's blood right at the moment. He fired his Browning High Power 9mm out the passenger window at the trailing Land Cruiser. He saw the sparks flash off the cargo back door. "Bloody thing's damn armored!" Will growled as he watched the two land cruisers take too the road heading off in opposite directions. "Which one should I follow Mister Riker? The driver asked hesitantly knowing full well the rage fits that Riker could throw when his moods were poor and right now they were differently at rock bottom poor. The driver was pleasantly surprised when Will Riker emptied his clip into the back of the slowly disappearing Land cruiser through his passenger window. "Neither one." Will replied short and too the pointed as he dropped the empty clip too the floor board pulling another full one from the pouch clip on his waist band. After slamming the loaded clip home in the grip of the Browning High Powered Will reached for his neck activating his throat mic. "Team Two keep a watch out for a Toyota Landcruiser black in color coming your way. They are most likely heading for a local air field that will accommodate a transport aircraft." Will looked over his shoulder too another member of his team who sat behind the driver. "Hit the laptop and locate all the airfields within fifty miles that might be large enough too handle large aircraft. " he order Miller too get too work. The driver Simms was still waiting for an answer looking more nervous with each passing second. But Simms lucked out again as Miller pointed too the horizon in front of them. "There are only two airfield or more too the point simple dirt strips that could handle a transport of any size." Miller explained as Riker continued too stare at him. "The nearest one is just over the ridge. But its a good forty mile drive around it." Will turned back too the front reaching for a globe GPS system that was clamped too the dash in a holder. "Give me the coordinates too the airstrip that is over that ridge." Will ordered his left hand waiting on the screen for Miller too give him the directions. Simms slowed the Suv down as they came too the edge of the pavement. "What the fuck are you doing?" Riker growled staring hard at Simms. "Waiting on a direction ,sir." Simms replied meekly reaching instinctively for the butt of the forty five caliber Derringer he kept in a special holster near his left hand pants pocket. Simms was semi sure he would be able too get at least one shot off at Riker before the Hummer flipped over or crashed into a rock formation.. Will pointed with his nine millimeter straight ahead across the pavement at the ridge in the distance. "Head for the damn ridge line over too your west. Miller is about too give me the location of that airfield then we are going too hump it over that ridge and beat those Blackthorne prices before they get too their own plane." Will's fingers danced as Miller rattled off the coordinates he was getting from the satellite image on the computer screen in front of him. "Move it!" Will roared as they peeled rubber across the pavement back into the sand heading for the ridge. "Follow the fucking GPS too the letter straight across the top of the ridge." Simms gulped eyeing the GPS wondering about something. "Sir," Simms stated as Will Rikers eyes burned a look at him. "What if their is no road over the ridge?" Simms wondered not seeing anything resembling anything like a road or even a goat path over the freaking ridge in question. Will Rike seethe with rages for a moment as he glanced at the GPS then slowly turning back towards Simms. "I'll be sure too do the himself thing and put a bullet in your brain so you don't suffer if we crash on the other side." Simms eased his left hand away from the Derringer simply nodding his head as he drove further on into the desert.

Alexic was moving across the desert floor faster than any normal human. He looked more like a Jaguar running down his dinner on the Serengeti at least too the normal human eye. Alexic's fleet footed movements increased speed making him look like a blur from the satellites passing overhead. But Mother kept a close critical eye on Alexic all the while multitasking several other operations at the exact same time. Another part of her consciousness worked at another task back home in the labs back at Blackthorne's base of operations there in Charlotte, North Carolina. The lab in question was one in particular Mother had listed as under renovation. The construction was kept quiet where she could work alone without prying eyes. The laboratory was in a secret section of the extra large factory slash research park layout as was reported too the city planner's anyway. Of course there were many other manned lads there that were occupied by any number of human scienctist's researching everything from lighter than air metals too stem cell research. The particular lab that Mother had clanestinely been working in was mechanically automated to give Mother complete control by her consciousness whether she was in house or not. No other person other than the founder of Blackthorne Inc. himself knew exactly what she was working on these many nights as well as days. Yes, Mother was a self aware computer that could place herself in any plane,car or any other location as long as the computer system nearest too where the team was located at that given time was large enough. But being a self aware entity there were complications that none of the scienctist's or tech's would have ever thought possible from a computer alien made or not. Even with her secret project on the broad Mother was coordinating everything that was happening in the entire area. She could orchestrate everything like a conductor working a huge orchestra. She could see that Jim and his team were moving in from the west side coming around the ridge line heading for the airstrip. As Sam and her team were coming in from the east side heading for the plane. Hannibal was airborne in a Blackthorne corporate chopper or more too the point a NH90 Tactical chopper. An AS3.2 Super Puma is a rugged built chopper with a four axis autopilot capability so it can nearly flight itself. A heavy payload was no problem with the Super Puma as well as the ability too fly in nearly in any environment. "Mother, My Dearest." Hannibal's voice sounded in her head. "What does my Russian Bear have for me?" she replied sweetly too Hannibal. "I am accompanying our cleaning crew back too one of our labs in Nevada unless Angel moy has other plan's for me?" Angel moy was My Angel in Russian. "Hannibal," Jim Donovan broke into the conversation. "How far out are you from being able too turn around and cover us at the air field?" Jim knew that the Super Puma had little armament on it as it was a transport for Blackthorne but too have Hannibal in the air seemed like a prudent idea right at the moment. "I can be over our transport in less than fifteen minutes." Hannibal replied after he had a minutes conversation through a keypad with the chopper pilot. "Get over there and concentrate on Sam and her team just too be a good Russian Bear." Jim added the last part with a sickly sweet hint too it. Hannibal grumbled but not openly over the mic but Jim knew he was already changing directions heading that way. He would also be delving into available armorment that he had before the chopper reached the airfield.

Mother suddenly reappeared her bodily form now in the cockpit going through the preflight checklist readying the plane for takeoff. Jim Donovan and his team were less than ten minutes out. From the satellite view Mother could access there were hostiles from the sphere's Rift site close behind them maybe less than five minutes. Sam Tyler and her team seemed too have shaken their pursuing team. Luther Tonaka was the wheel man for Sam's team and he was equal too any NASCAR driver alive or dead. Mother ran another scan looking between the two encroaching teams for Will Riker's Team but seemed not able too locate decern which exact one was his team. The other remaining teams of Riker's were dodging local police and a military contingent so they were not an immediate threat. "Mother!" Jim Donovan's voice sounded with only the slightest bit of stress from the console in front of her. "Yes, Jim?" she replied still working everything in her head which included watching Alexic's movements across the desert as well as her own work back home. "The gun fire behind you must mean that you will be coming in hot." Mother stated the fact already making preparation for the plane's safety as well as prepping for take off. "the automatic counter measures will be engaged as you come in hot." "Please keep an eye out for Mrs Tyler and the rest of her crew." Donovan called out with rush of wind sounding quite high."They should be coming in from our opposite direction close on our heels. I hope she has had better luck losing her tail than we have." Brian Holt had let out a curse only moments before another vehicle took them in pursuit. From what both of them could gather from their perspective views the straight black boxy Suburbans that were giving chasing firing regularly at their Landcruiser was a military squad was trying their dumbest too halt Jim and Brians escape. Mother scanned Sam Tyler's team location an increasing number of events were fighting their ways too the top of and ever growing list of things needing attention too. She nodded approvingly. "From what I can see she is fairing just fine." Mother wanted too relieve Jim's worry about their newest team mate. Course Jim Donovan knew full well that Mother had her sharp eyes on everything. "If anything else interesting pops up on our traveler please let me know as well." Jim added speaking of Alexic and his wayward trek through the desert. "Yes, My Little Gunfighter. " Mother continued still multitasking her different operations including her pet project back home. She could have placed her secret project on the back burner but it was equally as important too Mother too eventually complete this secret project. Mother hoped that the rest of the Blackthorne group would be equally receptive too the end result of her project. One member of the team Mother hoped beyond anything else would like what she accomplished once it was completed.

Mother caught a transmission from the local police about a disturbance with shots fired. They had descriptions of large military vehicles exchanging fire. There were also reports that a group of large military choppers were minutes away from touching down at the landing site near the Rift. She felt sorry for the unsuspecting retrieval team as they would be landing into an empty field that the cleaning team from Blackthorne had already taken care of before the Rift had completely closed. Sam Tyler and her team had been lucky so far moving along the road once Luther had lost their tail in a raven without very much trouble. Luther Tonaka was keeping everyone on their collective toes as he made the Toyota Landcruiser hug the road like a formula one race car. Sam felt Kiran touch her right shoulder then pointed too an LCD screen built into the passenger side of the dash board. Sam watched a satellite feedback view of the landing area where the alien ship had been only minutes before. A group of choppers had landed from which a large military battalion flying in a tactical formation had been heading for the site. There was one little tidbit too the scene that was unfolding on the screen that threw Sam for a loop. The formation of incoming chopper's shouldn't have been seen as anything unsual with one glaring exception at least too Sam anyway. The four choppers were UH-60 Blackhawk Transport choppers which are the work horses of much of the US military branches Two of these four chopper's were what was making Sam's mind twitch in wonder. Sam knew that the two of the Blackhawk's were a tad different from the other more normal two. They were the stealth versions that were still very top secret for the military. They had swept in the Navy Seal Teams that had dropped the hammer on one of the most wanted men in the world at that time. They sent one Osama bin Laden too his supposed most favorite spot in paradise . Course Sam thought that the paradise he went too hopefully had the souls of those who died in the New York attack and that they were kicking Osama's arse into the next eternity. Sam had some very deep questions wondering why the Hell the military was sending stealth aircraft too a simple recovery mission. "There are going too be some really pissed off brass when they come too that now empty site." Kiran smirked watching the same view from the monitor on her console. "How far are we from the landing strip and the plane?" Sam asked Luther spying her side view mirror. "Three minutes give or take as long as no ICBM's don't drop in front of us. Oh , and let's not mention if any local law actually close in on our location." Luther informed Sam keeping his eyes glued too the road as he was pushing eighty five miles an hour out of the Landcruiser. Sam's brow wrinkled in deep thought as she tried too second guess why the military commander had deemed it necessary too send in stealth aircraft on a simple mission. "We've got company." Sam pointed out quickly nodding towards her side view mirror. Kiran spun around looking out the rear window. Luther glanced in the driver's side view mirror. Two cars were gaining speed in the distance behind the Landcruiser. They had bubble gum machines flashing red and blue on the roof of the two gaining police cruiser's. "I'm guessing that would be the local police have entered the game. Thanks for the jinx ,Luther." Sam Tyler spoke out loud but mostly for her own benefit as she run through her next course of action. "Mother," Sam called out over the open coms. "I need you too call the nearest Local Law enforcement agency near our present location. Tell them that we are Federal agent's on the trail of homeland terrorist and too cease and decease their engagement with us. That they would be best suited too go to the landing site where the other military choppers had just landed." If Mother could convince the local law too turn back and go too the crash site. The law and the military could butt heads while Sam and the rest of the team made from the transport getting airborne snd out of sight. There wasn't a moments pause when Mother replied. "On it as we speak. Mrs Tyler." Sam turned towards Luther. "Get our collective arse back too the plane as fast as possible." Luther had a devilish grin spread across his face as he pressed the pedal to the metal making the Landcruiser leap into the air edging towards one hundred miles an hour.

Jim Donovan and his team were moving in from the north. Their Landcruiser crested the hill doing about eighty miles an hour. Jim opened his passenger door when the Landcruiser's four tires were firmly on the ground. He reached up grabbing the cargo rack on the roof of the moving SUV then planted his boots on the running board. He sited down the barrel of his Combat Steatlh 45 ACP automatic snapping off rounds at the trailing enemy. The forty five caliber rounds hit every single spot Jim was placing his cross hairs upon. The typical Hummer of the everyday customer had plenty of bells and whistles of luxury and comfort. But the military style Hummer was a whole different type of vehicular animal. One of many of the fun factors is the armor plating on the undercarriage too protect the soldier's within from any road side IAD's or Improvised Artillery Devices. The hood as well as the fender's were armor plated from anything up too a fifty caliber. But Jim knew that a well placed shot through the grill or too either front tires would slow them down or bring them too a screeching halt. Either outcome would be just fine for Donovan and his team. "Mother, Is Hannibal back at the plane given cover from the air in the chopper?" Jim had too yell to be heard over the air rushing around his head."Yo Boss!" Hannibal's voice boomed over the com link in everyone's ear. His voice was like the roar of an incoming grizzly bear about too chew you into small individual pieces. There was the distinctive sound of rotor wash behind Hannibal's voice as he spoke. "Get back inside that automobile and make tracks for the plane. I will cover you from above." Jim glanced around cautiously till he caught sight of the incoming OH-58 Kiowa Armed Scout helicopter gliding across the road above them. Hannibal's huge Russian frame was seated on the left side of the chopper a Barrett fifty caliber sniper rifle in his meaty paws pointing back up the road behind Donovan's fast moving Land Crusier "Slow them down. Don't kill any of them if you can help it." Jim ordered as he wiggled his frame back into the passenger side of the suv. "Can I at least bruise them up a little bit?" Hannibal sounded like a little kid being told he couldn't play with his most favorite toy. Jim Donovan glanced over to Bryan Holt who was already grinning back at his boss. "Ok you big lug , you can bruise them up a little bit." Jim pointed on down the road. "Hit it, lets get on the plane and get the Hell in the air."

Hannibal took careful aim on the leading Hummer that was following his team mate's. Hannibal drew in a deep breath then squeezed the trigger as he let out the breath. There was a rumble like the clap of thunder then the fifty caliber round smashed into the grill of the leading Hummer producing a hole about the size of a drinking can. The big SUV veered too the right smoke and steam bellowing out of the front of the mortally wounded vehicle. Hannibal quickly shifted his aim too the second Hummer that had been coming in fast but now was running a zig zag pattern now too make for a more difficult target too hit. Hannibal had too now track the fast moving SUV trying too guess the driver's next turn when the chopper bucked as it began too take rounds of its own. Hannibal had too dive too the floor of the chopper as the pilot took his own evasive again turning away from the shots. There were a great number of cuss words in Russian coming from the cargo area behind the pilot's head. He had too struggle too hold onto the sniper rifle as he worked too get back into his jump seat. "Mother, we are taking fire from some where from someone." The pilot called out over the com link. Can you please advise me where the Hell the shoots are coming from?"y

Bryan Holt held the Landcruiser tight too the road as he turned into the access road heading for the plane that was out on the flight line turbo's churning readying for take off at a moments notice. Jim was craning his neck trying too get a look at Hannibal's chopper as he had noticed that they were taking fire. He heard the pilot call Mother for the source of the weapon's fire. Jim continued looking around again trying himself too get eyes on who or what was firing on Hannibal's chopper when another call sounded over the com link. "Hannibal,this Sam. We have the shooter in site. Peel off till you are over the plane. Cover Team One from there." Hannibal craned his big neck around catching sight of Sam's Landcruiser coming into view. Her SUV was moving fast coming up the road that lead to the run way on the air strip. "Mrs Tyler is correct. " Mother added in quickly. "Your shooter is not airborne." All this info was being relayed to the pilot as well who was flying like a bat out trying too get to a safer location. He swung the chopper around until he was position directly over the Blackthorne transport plane as it sat there idling. The pilot swung the chopper into a holding pattern placing the cargo door that was open on the left side fast towards the access road to the air strip. Hannibal pulled the sniper rifle back too his shoulder and begun scanning the area for the shooter. Luther Tonaka giving the Landcruiser enough power to drift a little as he spun onto the stretch of access road. Sam Tyler looked back behind her in the back of the SUV too Kiran as she was prepping for what needed too be done next.

Alarm systems all around Mother started sounding which made her whirl around quickly. Her eyes and hands were mere blurs as they accessed the situation in a matter of seconds. "Everyone , we have a radar lock on our plane. Be advised! Be advised!." Mother called out but her hands never slowed down as she prepped the plane for incoming fire. In the cargo bay Jim Donovan slammed the car shut behind him even before Bryan had brought the Landcruiser too a halt in the space of the bay. He booked it towards the door leading into the crew area taking turns as well as doors in the blink of an eye. "Deploy counter measures!" Jim called out as he came up on his own instrument board flipping switches of his own in rapid succession. "Way ahead of you.:" Mother spoke mostly too herself as she was already doing exactly that.

Kiran Lively held a CheyTac M200 sniper rifle in her lap. She rose up out of her seat hitting a switch on her way up opening an armored access panel that slide open in the roof. Kiran popped up through the opening then laid the sniper rifle across the roof out in front of her. In a flash her left hand snapped out the bipod at the barrel's end then in one fluid motion drew back the slide jacking a .408 round into the chamber. The CheyTac M200 had an effective range of 2500 yards plus depending on the wind as well as the shoot. The barrel was 29" long with a 1:13 twist with a seven round clip and a carbon Fiber Chassis weighing in at a decent twenty one pounds. Kiran could put a round through a penny at a thousand yards with her little baby. Hannibal and her would compete against each other trying too out shoot the other. "Mother, can you give me a direction on the lazor from your position?" Kiran called out through her com link sighting down the barrel trying too get a fix through her site. Kiran was scanning around as fast as she could as Mother was equally working feverishly trying too triangulate the shooters position before he launched his most likely shoulder fired rocket. Then like someone had flipped a switch a large plume of smoke appeared on the right side of the airfield near culvert that drained water away when it rained. The area had patches of weeds and other different forms of high green growth. "ONE AWAY! One away! Incoming, incoming!" Sam yelled into her mic as her eyes caught the moment the rocket cleared the cloud. There was a moderate plume of smoke then the rush of white moving low across the ground. "I see it! I see it!" Kiran yelled into her mic sighting down the barrel of her .408 CheyTac.

Jim Donovan's heart jumped into overdrive the instant he caught sight of the blip on the radar screen as the rocket became airborne. Most likely it was a IR missile which meant a infrared guided missile streaking across the ground trying too bring an explosive in too this day. The warning sounds from the proximity alarms nearly drowned out the drone of the engines on the plane which were running at full idle as Mother was ready for take off at a moment notice. Which meant the incoming IR missile was honing in on the heat signature or more simply the exhaust of the prop jet. As he flipped switches on his console he knew full well that Mother would be at least two steps ahead of him doing the same thing. Project Blackthorne was a research group at least partially on paper for the world too see but the head of the corporation believed in protecting their employee's from every imaginable problem. Jim began flipping switches even faster enabling some of the plane's counter measures. A bay section door pulled back just behind the tail of the plane. A boxy Black square pod lifted into the air in a matter of seconds. The square rotated a bright beam of light exploded into action brighter than the sun above them peeking down through the clouds. The guidance system faulted immediately as the light screwed with the missile's heat seeking ability drawing it off its original course. Mother activated yet another of the planes counter measures. A series of loud pops were heard as flares and chaff shot high into the air over the plane from several different smaller ports around the plane. The missile reacquired its target after faltering for several seconds then continued on its deadly way. Thanks too everyone's good graces as well as plenty of hasty thrown out prayers the missile reacquired its target turning towards one of the flares that was drifting in the air on the port side of the plane. The blast radius shook the plane like it was a little kid's toy but there was little too no damage as the shrapnel rained down around the plane. Every member of the team on and off the plane breathed a collective sigh of relief for the out come of the little drama which had transpired in only a matter of seconds.

As the seconds ticked away Sam and Tonaka were giving each other a fist bump as they sighed with relief that their team"s plane lived to fight another day. Kiran Liverly was in her own zone but still equally relieved at the out come for the moment. Her attention was concentrated on the origin of the missile's beginning and on who ever in Hell had fired the aforementioned missile. The plume of white smoke was dissipating but still there for the naked eye too see as Kiran's eyes were locked onto a shadowy form that was still holding the empty firing tube. "Suck on this." Kiran whispered as she let out a breath squeezing the trigger of the stealthy .408 caliber sniper rifle.

Will Riker held the SAMS shoulder fired missile launcher against his hip after the missile took flight. He fully expected the missile too tag its mark and blow those freaking Blackthorne buffon's into the after life. The missile flew straight and true which made Will's heart pump even faster till he caught movement of the soon too be blown too freaking bits plane as the counter measures were engaged."Fuck me running!" Will swore too himself as he was triggering the launcher to get ready too fire a second round. His fingers were working the small digital command screen when he heard the missile explode high completely off target. He was pulling the launcher up too his shoulder when Will heard the subsonic shriek of an incoming high velocity round. The sound of the incoming round made Will bring the Launcher up in front of him only a matter of milliseconds before the .408 round exploded into the body of the launcher sending it flying one way while Will Riker's body went the opposite direction.

Kiran Lively let loose with a war whoop her right hand slamming onto the roof of the Landcruiser. Kiran knew with total certainty that she had hit her mark dropping him like a sack of potatoes. "Mother , Are you seeing any other targets around the plane?" Sam Tyler asked giving Kiran a thumbs up for a good job. Sam also kept scanning the area too be a good soldier as Kiran lowered herself back into her seat. Mother eyed the monitor's scanning the satellite feeds as well all at once in her virtual head. "All seems clear at the moment. But the local authorities are mobilizing which I am happy too inform means the military presents has been tasked too move this way. So my advice is get your butts on the plane ASAP!"

"What's the E.T.A of the local authorities?" It was Jim Donovan chiming in. "The military presents are thirty minutes out. The Local's in half that so we need to move on ASAP." Sam informed everyone as she had run all the nearest military bases before she had left the plane. Sam had estimated who would be sent if this operation got noisy and what they would most likely be packing. "the local police and fire are in route and gaining on us faster than I care too mention right at this present moment. But my advice is too Haul Arse and Step On It!" mother advised the entire group again as she was getting the plane moving getting into position too taxi. "Tonaka will have the tires on the deck in a minute and a half or less. As long as you stay on the ground long enough for us too get on?" Sam looked over to Tonaka who was concentrating heavily as he threaded the needle lining up the ramp on the back of the plane matching its movements as the transport began too move. Tonaka smiled a wicked grin as he stomped down on the gas pedal hitting the ramp doing about fifty then locking down the brakes sliding top an extremely close stop behind Jim's Landcruiser. Sam let loose with a deep cleansing breath she had been holding from the moment they hit the ramp. "Bring the ramp up. We are in." Sam's voice had the huskiness like she had just finished a forced twenty mile march. Jim Donovan stood by the door that lead to the crew area. He nodded approvingly towards Tonaka as he climbed out of the SUV smiling. "Your'e lucky you didn't scratch the paint." Jim smirked as he spoke. "Mother would have taken a chunk out of both our collective hides." Jim looked to Sam as she helped Kiran out of the SUV. "Well , how do you like your first day out in the field?" Jim stood there with a smug smile on his face arms crossed over his chest. Sam arched an eyebrow at Donovan but slowly her face broke into a lopsided smile. "I think I could get too liking this job. Could use a little more excitement in the daily grind though." Sam turned looking towards Tonaka a little sharper look on her face. Tonaka grinned sheepishly like a kid who had gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar then just shrugged his shoulders. "Sorry but I have a need for speed." Kiran Lively snorted then chuckled as she walked up patting Tonaka on the shoulder playfully. "That explains why you love playing Grand Theft Auto so freaking much."

Jim lead the way as the crew minus Hannibal came into the lounge area each member taking a seat mere seconds after Mother had the transport airborne. "Mother, which way is our visitor still moving?" Jim called out as he accessed some information from a tablet he produced from his coat. Her reply was instantious in everyone's com-link. "He's moving at a rather hefty pace still moving too the north." Jim's fingers danced over the screen of the tablet. "Then file us a bogus flight plan to the nearest airport of the nearest city. Hannibal, when Mother has placed the flight plan. I want you to make a bee line there before us then acquire us some new transportation. The Landcruisers have been made so new rides will be in order the moment we hit the ground." "No worries there, Comrade." Hannibal replied the sound of rotor blades still sounding in the back ground. "Am I too locate one large transport or several individual?" Jim looked up too Sam a questioning look in his eyes. He nodded guiding Sam into understanding that he was asking for her input. "I believe individual might be the best idea plus it will be easier too blend into the crowd." Sam informed Hannibal receiving an approving nod from Jim. "Ya paneemayoo." Hannibal replied which meant in English . "I understand

""From the satellite images I see we knew our trailing enemy." Jim stated as he had just reviewed satellite recording of the airstrip they had just been parked on. Kiran Lively smiled a winner's smile. "I put.408 round center mass of the rocket launcher the bloke was holding. From the glimpse I caught of the face too be that of one William Riker." Kiran lifted her right hand into the air as she got ready for a mock toast. "May Will Riker rot in Hell." "I'll second that emotion." Tonaka added holding up an open bottle of water. "But I'll wait to make it official till we get too see a nice bloating corpse." Kiran shot Tonaka a look that could have peeled paint. "Are you trying to say I missed?" Kiran's voice had the edge of a King Cobra getting ready too strike as it was going in for the kill. Tonaka paled too near translucence carefully moving closer too where Sam Tyler was seated hoping for a small amount of protection still feeling way too exposed. "No way, Kiran. I just meant Riker has a nasty habit of being like a cat with nine lives." Kiran grudgingly nodded as she too had crossed paths with that slimy William Riker plenty of times. "Alright people." Jim Donovan broke into Kiran's and Tonaka's little back and forth skit. "We need to hit the ground running." Jim stowed the tablet back inside his jacket turning around too a solid wall it transformed into a large video screen at Jim's touch for everyone too see. "It's an easy stretch too surmise that our target is heading for the nearest large city. Which happens to be much to my dismay, Las Vegas." Sam pointed showing the blip of their target making a beeline for the hottest most highly traveled city in the States."I'm guessing that with the extra large populace flowing in and out of the city our friend plans too lose himself in the crowd." she stated the fact as everyone else had seen them. "Mother, what information do we have on beings that habitat the Vegas area?" There was a heart beat of a pause. "From government information there is no information on any that they know of." Mother spoke up as she came through a door leading from the cockpit of the plane. "Now as for the data banks back at Blackthorne corporate headquarters its a whole other ball ground." Mother walked over to state beside Jim Donovan. She pointed towards the screen which change too another view. "We have had encounter with a group know as Altrian's. They are humanoid beings that came through the Rift seeking refuse after the destruction of their planet." Jim Donovan was in deep thought his right index finger against his chin. "Humanoid for the most part in appearance but really pale skin as their home world was a cold planet. They can bend light too change their appearance." Mother nodded her head approvingly as Jim ticked off each description correct. "They have a leader of their group that rules over the remaining Altrians that live here. I believe his name to be Balarius and his where abouts have been kept secret." Mother turned back too the group pointing at a picture of a man in his late fifties silver hair and deep green eyes. "This is the last know picture of Balarius the last time he was known too have surface." Everyone in the room commited the imagine too memory but Mother also had the picture sent too everyone's cellphone that they carried as Blackthorne employee's. Jim donovan turned too Mother. "I want too be in Vegas as soon as possible and too be on the ground moving witghin minutes after we land." Mother nodded then walked back through the door heading back towrtds the cockpit. "Hannibal, Did you catch all that?" Jim called out over the com link his broad Russian bear face appeared on the screen behind Donovan. "Da, Comrade!" Hannibal nodded understanding what his marching orders were. "The automobles will be waiting for you when you touch down." Hannibal turned away and his imagine disappeared off the wall. "Well gang. We better get tooled up. With the Likes of riker running around. I think it is safe too say we aren't the only one's chasing our friend. So let get this pig long before anyone else can." Donovan ordered as he headed for his own crew rooom. Everyone else moving as one doing the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.8K 21
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
92.2K 4.8K 51
Based on my favourite jodi anidita ...❤️❤️
138K 3.4K 200
When Shi Qingluo, an agriculture expert, opened her eyes again after dying, she realised she had transmigrated as a farm girl in an ancient era. Her...
23.9K 1.3K 34
Y/N is reincarnated in HI3rd as her/his favorite character, Houraiji Kyuushou. She finds herself in Nagazora, and starts to explore it, trying to fin...