Redemption

By MrsDv8

Book 2 Blades story More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 12

668 35 0
By MrsDv8

What were you thinking? I have explained to you both how important it is that Dagger receives therapy. You do realise Tessa's reports may be presented to the counsel if Armstrong tries to take him back?” Tessa heard Ian Evans demand as she woke up.

“I know I messed up” sighed Alpha Sutherland. “I just thought if she had some time to bond with the boy before she spent time with Blade she might be less likely to reject him”

“WAIT WHAT?” Tessa exclaimed from the bedroom.

“I think you just woke the lady in question” she heard Tim chuckle.

Tessa quickly jumped out of bed and grabbed some clothes before heading into the bathroom. Ten minutes later she stepped back out to find Ian and Tim waiting for her.

“Alpha Sutherland believes you may be Blades mate. He has agreed to let you observe the family this morning and promises not to interfere any further regardless of whether you are or not”. Ian informed her before she could ask. “I suggest you head up there now. Rumour is Armstrong is going to contest custody of the pup. Your going to have to work intensively now to stop that”.

“I thought we were supposed to remain impartial” Tessa commented as she gathered a few things into a bag.

“Perhaps” Ian conceded “But we both know that little boy should be with family rather than used as a political pawn”.

“We’re not supposed to refer to Alphas as meatheads either, but sometimes we do” Added Tim teasingly as she headed out the door. “Don’t worry I’ll start planning the wedding” he called after her as she started jogging towards the packhouse.

Before long Tessa stood waiting before the Alphas double doors.“Thank you for coming” The Alpha greeted opening the door. “I just want to apologise for earlier”

“It's fine Alpha Sutherland” Tessa reassured him. “I think it would be best to put it behind us and concentrate on Dagger.”She said looking around the room searching for him.

“He is still asleep with Blade at the moment, do you want me to wake them?”

“No that's fine. Does he normally Sleep with Blade?” Tessa asked as she spotted the childlocked Ipad on the couch.

“Not usually no. Blade fell asleep next to his toddler bed. Looked like he was comforting him.

As the housekeeper a sweet older she wolf named Helen bustled around the kitchen, Tessa checked for any open apps and video history on the Ipad. Accepting a cup of coffee, she looked around the room trying to pick a spot where she could watch the family without getting in the way.

Blade woke up to Dagger tapping him on the arm. “Hey little wolf, are you ready to get up? Come on let's change your bum then get something to eat.”

A few minutes later they walked into the kitchen. He popped Dagger into the highchair and put some toast on the tray.
“I’m just going to go get changed” he told his Uncle who was already at the table.

He quickly jumped in the shower and got changed, 10 minutes later he was back in the kitchen. He found Dagger already laying  on the couch staring at the tv with his teddy.
“Did he eat anything?” He asked his Uncle.

“No I am afraid not” was the tense reply.

“Something wrong Uncle Andrew?” Blade asked concerned at the older mans tone.

“Miss Torrent is observing us this morning” he replied pointing to the open doors. Outside sat a beautiful brunette woman, seemingly relaxing in the morning sunlight.
“I think it's best if we have a quick word before I introduce you.” He said leading Blade back down the hall.

Tessa waited and watched. When Helen left the room Dagger sat up and looked at the table. Then the kitchen. He slipped off the couch and down the hallway. Quickly Tessa got up and followed him. She discovered him standing outside a door crying. Inside she could hear the muffled arguing voices of the two alpha men. Unable to sit back any further she gathered the little boy in her arms. “Don’t cry sweetheart everything's going to be ok. Would you and Teddy like to sit outside with me?”
The little boy nodded in return. How about we watch some more videos on the iPad with teddy?”

A few minutes later the men returned the room. Blade was shocked to see Dagger curled up on Tessa’s lap playing with an iPad while she was talking to Aidyn. He kissed her on the cheek before walking away. Blade felt a pang of jealousy at the sight, then annoyed at himself. He had no idea if she really was his mate

He followed his Uncle out the door. “Tessa this is my nephew Blade. Blade, Tessa.” his Uncle introduced. Taking her offered hand they both gasped as tingles erupted up their arms. Dagger jumped in her arms almost dropping the Ipad.

“Dagger can you and Teddy show me your room?” As he slipped off her lap she looked over at Blade. “I think you should be in here for this”. She quickly bent over and grabbed a couple of bags and Blade couldn’t help but check out her luscious ass. As he followed her through the house he was so mesmerized by the sway of her hips he nearly bumped into her when paused in Daggers doorway.

“Wow what a cool room!” Tessa exclaimed. “Is that a racing car bed?” She asked Dagger.  Dagger just looked at her. “I wish I had a racing car bed like that. Can I sit on it with you?” taking his silence as a yes, Tessa sat next to Dagger. “Your daddy asked me to get somethings for your room. Would you like to see them?” she asked putting one of the bags on her lap. “This is for your wall, handing him an empty multiframe. This so you can put up pictures of you and daddy. And this one is special memories with your mummy”.  Dagger grabbed the frame and ran a hand over the face of his mother. “Mummy” a little voice said. “That's right. That's your mummy. And there is Mummy and Dagger having a cuddle” Tessa said pointing to another picture. “Your mummy loved you so much. And when you miss her she is always here right in your heart. Here is a way to give your mummy a cuddle” she said pulling out the printed cushion. Dagger looked down and pulled out the second cushion from the bag. He pointed to the picture of a man. “This one is for my bed” she told him. “This is my daddy. He is in Heaven just like your mummy. When I miss him I like to cuddle him just like this” she said hugging the cushion. “Lastly she pulled out a book. “This book is about a little boy just like you. It’s called Mummy went to heaven.” Pulling Dagger onto her lap she read the story to him in a gentle calming voice. Before she had finished Dagger had fallen asleep in her lap.

**********************************

While Dagger rested Blade and Tessa left the room. “That's the first time I have heard his voice not crying. Thank you for that” he commented.

“You’re welcome. Are you busy now or do you have some time to talk?” Tessa asked.

“Yeah I don’t have anything on today.”  he replied leading her towards the couch. Sitting next to her, his mate, he took a minute to study her. She was stunning, her hourglass figure paired with those full lips that made her look sultry without even trying. She was a walking wet dream come true. As she took in a deep breath, his eyes were drawn to the hint of cleavage that highlighted her generous breasts.
Having closed her eyes to gather her thoughts, Tessa was shocked to find Blade staring at her boobs. “Ugghhh I wanted whether the behaviour I’ve witnessed with Dagger has been a accurate representation of how he has been the last few weeks?” She asked trying to ignore the heat his gaze had stirred in her.

“Umm yeah mostly. For the first week he cried if he was put down at all but he is ok now to settle on the lounge. He replied dragging his eyes up to meet hers.

“Does he play with toys much?”

“No he mostly just cuddles that teddy and follows me around most of the day. I try work out here and put the tv on kids shows.” he replied gesturing towards the tv unit.

“He likes to sit on my lap in my office” The Alpha added from behind them. He had just entered the room as she asked her last question.

“Alpha if you would please join us, I think we should discuss some ideas before I complete my assessment”.

“Of Course, perhaps it is time you call me Andrew”.

“Thank you Andrew. Dagger is a very sweet little boy. The fact that he is physically comfortable with you both is great and a really good starting point. His health records show he was a good eater and possibly advanced in his speech so we know he is capable. Sometimes trauma can cause selective mutism in young children, and while I can’t rule it out I believe he is more likely expressing his distress through behavioural regression”

“What do you mean?” Blade asked

“I believe he is acting out behaviours more common in younger babies. It maybe his attempt to try bond with you both. I filmed him yesterday and when we left the room he fed himself and was displaying much better fine motor skills then what I saw this morning a breakfast”.

“So what should we do?”

“I agree with Doc Evans that you should concentrate your efforts on meal times. I would suggest offering him a picking plate, then if he doesn’t eat offering him puree or custards. I would also I would even offer him some food off your plate if he shows interest in what your eating. But also maybe a snack plate on the coffee table. As for speech, just keep talking to him using loving language. Perhaps consider a speech therapist assessment if he doesn’t start communicating in a few months”.

“Thank you Tessa, that's a great starting point for us. I really need to head into the office but feel free to stay and observe” Andrew offered as he stood.

“I’ll meet you later after Dagger sees the doctor” Blade told his uncle pointedly.

They lapsed into silence as Andrew left the room. Unable to restrain himself any longer Blade leaned forward and kissed Tessa. Gently coaxing her into responding he groaned with pleasure as she began to to kiss him back. Suddenly Tessa stiffened and pushed away.
“We can't do this” she said standing up.
“You’re my Mate” he replied.
Before she could respond Dagger entered the room. Mentally switching into professional mode Tessa stepped back and smiled at the little boy.
“You two have fun, I’m just going to try get some work done”. Tessa said heading back out to the patio.
She sat and observed the pair as Blade got Dagger ready to head out for the day.
They walked to the pack clinic and Tessa excused herself when it was time for Daggers check up.
Blade nearly let out a howl as his mate walked away. His wolf instincts were riding him hard to follow his mate, but his human side knew his son needed him. He hadn't ever felt as torn in his life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 602 28
Check Profile For Request Info There are 2 stories in book 2
1.4K 81 26
Book 2 of the Trilogy 💔
7 0 1
The first three chapters of my book The Twin which is the second book of The Blades of Kin series.
249K 13.1K 32
gxg BLOODLINE | BOOK II G!P Book I - F.A.N.G.S Book II - BLOODLINE If you haven't read the Book I, please read it first - Victoria and Dawn Ivanov V...