Ignored // Jonah Marais

By imagineifwhydontwe

"I'm sorry" "if you were really sorry...you wouldn't have turned any of us in, in the first place. just leav... More

01

02

31 2 0
By imagineifwhydontwe

Stephanie and I were lucky enough to have first period together. Meaning all period we'd talk and the teacher would have to kick us out for it. Practically a routine in our everyday lives. My dad wasn't a big fan of it though.

"So, the new kids name is Jonah. He just transferred schools here from this really fancy school."

We walk into class and take our seats.

"Why would he want to transfer here? He clearly hasn't seen the Google rating or images or yelp."

She laughs, "True. Maybe just in it for the girls. We do have a lot of cute guys and girls."

"You only like my brother, which disgusts me but yeah."

"And you like Zach so what's new?"

I put my backpack behind me and start getting out a notebook.

"I just hope Jorden isn't the one showing him around."

"Oh no. That'd be the end of it for him."

We laugh it off and I could feel multiple eyes staring at us.

I turn around as I get my science book out. A dark blue notebook covered in doodles and a pink pen that I took from Stephanie.

"Just pray he doesn't have first period with us" I say facing forward in my seat.

"Why? That's the only time I look good and not sweaty and gross."

"True for both of us but still."

"Speaking of the devil" she says smirking and turning around to look through her backpack.

I close my eyes and try my best to stop the temptation to look over to the door.

"So that side is leaast important kids and over here is the most important" it was Jordens voice.

"More like, the smart side over here and over there is the dumb side." Stephanie mumbles for Jorden to hear.

"Won't you look at that, Jack Avery's little sister." I see him. Standing there next to her. I knew it. She'd be the one showing this innocent soul around this horrible school.

'shit' is all I could say to myself.

"It's Elle, blondie." I say looking at the door.

"Yeah whatever." She says continuing to explain where he could sit and everything we've done in this past week.

-------meanwhile in class--------

"So, your assignment consists of three people. One person will be doing a paragraph..."

Mr. William's voice was fading as I noticed my phone light up.

'look outside the door of your science class' - Jack

I look up from my phone and outside the little window the classroom door contained and saw no one but Jack.

He was sticking out his tongue and spinning.

'what are you doing?? Get to class.'

'ok mOm.' - Jack

'dont call me that. I will literally kill you.'

'calm your tits' - Jack

'👺'

'you're gonna get caught.' - Jack

'no I'm not.'

"Give me your phone, Miss Elle."

There were three knocks on the door. Mr. William's went over still looking me dead in my eyes.

"Yes?"

"I came to drop this off for my sister."

He had a piece of paper in his hand. I look over to Jonah and see that he isn't amused with what he's doing. Being the clown like always.

"Here." He says walking through the rows of desks to get to mine.

"Who's phone is this?" I whisper to him.

"It's Corbyns. I made you get in trouble. Plus he owes me"

"You're such a smart dumbass."

"I'll see you at lunch." I laughed and looked at Stephanie who was practically drooling.

"Bye Steph" he winks and smiles at her. Pretty sure she fainted at this point.

"Ew." I gag and she just glares at me.

"Save the gagging for Zach." I smack her arm and she laughs. I open my notebook hoping that Mr. Williams would forget about taking my phone from me. It'd be weird to use Corbyn's although I'd like to know what he says about me.

Jack walks out and smiles at Jonah since he's new. Jonah looks away and Jack doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Maybe Jonah just didn't like Jack. I don't blame him. He can be annoying sometimes.

Mr. William forgot about my phone and continues to explain the project. He let's us choose who we want to work with. I obviously chose Stephanie as one of my partners. We needed one more person but we weren't social butterflies at all so Stephanie went and explained her reasoning as for why it would be best if her and I worked in pairs of two.

He obviously declined and looked around the room for people that weren't in groups. I look down at notebook and begin to doodles Zach's name all over it like I usually do in all my notebooks.

"How about Jonah?" I look up to look at Mr. William and then at Jonah. He smiles at me and looks me up and down.

"You have a group, Mr. Jonah?" Mr. William proceeds to ask.

"I do not." He says smiling. Stephanie looks back at me like 'um wtf' and I chuckle.

"You can work with these two ladies." He continues looking through his papers.

Stephanie walks over to her desk and motions for Jonah to sit in the empty desk that was in front of me.

He grabs his belongings and starts walking through the rows getting to the seat where Stephanie had motioned. Stephanie sits beside me, going through the instructions. I try my best not to look at him and make weird eye contact but he seemed to be social and I didn't really feel like talking.

"Morning ladies" he says sitting down, facing both of us. Mostly to me. I try covering my face with my hair and lean my cheek on my left arm.

"Morning. You're new here, right?" Stephanie says, getting her water bottle from her backpack. I close my notebook before he questions whose name I'm writing down. I look at his side profile then turn to face Stephanie.

"Yeah. Moved here about 4 days ago. This is a really big school. Lots of cute girls too" he says turning to face me then Stephanie. "What are your names?"

I look back down at the cover of my notebook and answer him, "Elle."

He smiles as he hears my voice and then looks at Stephanie waiting for her to respond.

"Stephanie but you can call me Steph" she says smiling at him, putting her water bottle back in her backpack and picking up her jeweled pen from her moms work place.

"I like your pen" Jonah points out.

"Thanks! I could get you one if you'd like" she says jokingly but he took it seriously.

"Sounds like a plan" he then turns his attention towards me. I look at him and slightly smile trying to break the awkwardness.

"Let's work on this project? I'll do the poster." I open my notebook up to the page with all the doodles of Zach's name by accident. He looks down, reading it.

"Zach...Herron" he says turning the paper in order to read it right side up. "Looks like you have a crush"

I close my notebook really fast and blush. I grab a whole different notebook and rip out a paper, starting a lay out for the poster.

"Two people need to do the poster and one, the paragraph" she says reading the instructions. The paper covering her face and slowly lowering it, waiting for Jonah to say he'd do the paragraph or at least some work.

"I'll do the poster with her" his foot touches mine and I look at our feet then at him. He did not just say he wanted to do the poster with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
651K 14.6K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
353K 17.2K 78
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
304K 28.2K 65
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...