Promise Me ╫ H. Styles A.U {O...

By Kleehe13

"So long as a canvas is empty, its potential is infinite… The empty canvas can become a gateway into the land... More

Disclaimer
COPYRIGHT
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen*
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty*
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five*
Author's Note
A/N: Revisions

Chapter Seven

77 4 3
By Kleehe13

=Chapter 7=

I wake with my face nestled into someone's neck, they're arms wrapped securely around my torso.

Aww, not again!

I thought I was done sleeping around with random guys; I thought I was over that phase of living alone. Ugh, how the hell am I supposed to go to the bathroom now?

I try to wiggle myself out of his hold, but to no avail.

"Oh, so help me god. If you do not let me go, I will piss on you." I growl as I shove him away, my hands on his chest.

A muffled groan leaves his lips as he releases me and spins to face the opposite direction, taking the covers with him. I quickly climb out of bed not taking time to really look at the guy. I quickly waddle to my bathroom and shut the door loudly behind me.

I really don't remember anything from last night- my memories all cloudy and fuzzy from the one too many drinks I consumed last night.

As I stand in the mirror I take in my appearance: hair all over the place, hazel eyes red and swollen, lips chapped. Hell, it looks like I've been partaking in the apocalypse. I shrug my shoulders and finish washing my hands before collecting a purple fluffy towel from the closet near the sink, and lay it on counter space.

I open the bathroom door and look over at my bed. A large lump lays lifeless, buried under my zebra printed duvet. I'm about to walk over and check his vitals before a loud snore rips through the quiet room.

"Well, at least you're still alive."

Walking over to my closet, I push the door open and step inside. I grab a pair of grey yoga pants and a pink Aztec print tank top before heading back towards my bathroom and run my bath. I pour in some lavender scented bath salts and swirl around the hot water letting them dissolve a little before climbing in.

I finally emerge out of the bathroom and glance at the alarm clock. 1:06. I thought it was a lot later than that. I must have woken up around noon. I see that my bed is smoothly made. Hmm, he has manners. The dull thrumming pain in my head drives me out of the room to the kitchen where I freeze and stand wide-eyed.

A shirtless guy stands in front of my stove cooking, his back muscles ripple with every movement. A mess of brown ringlets fall from his head. Harry? I slept with Harry? Of all people? Oh god.

What have I done?

I reach up and pull down a mug. I grab a tea bag out of the canister and set it in before filling the kettle and pushing Harry with my hip so I can heat up my water.

He doesn't say anything but he glances over at me every now and then as I lean against the counter, watching him.

"Did we have sex?"

His green eyes noticeably widen and bulge from his head. "God no!"

"Oh, good." I feel a stab of pain in my chest as I remember him shutting me out last night and being cold. The kettle whistles and I pull it off without another word to him.

I take my tea and sit down on a chair. He's still cooking and I never have had this before. He's the first guy in my life that has voluntarily made breakfast- well, I guess it's lunch time now but same difference.

"What are you making?" I ask between sips of tea.

"Bacon, eggs, toast."

"You're good at cooking right? I won't die will I?"

"Who said I was cooking for two?" He turns around and gives me a small smirk before turning back.

"Rude." I mumble under my breath. "Please make me some?"

"Already was. I'm not rude."

I chuckle before drinking the rest of my tea. He places a plate full of food in front of me, and I practically drool. He places his own down and sits across the table from me.

"Would you like something to drink? I have orange juice, orange juice, and orange juice." I announce as I stand in front of my poorly stocked fridge.

"I don't that's a tough decision, can you repeat-"

"Harry."

"What?" He asks while chuckling.

"Orange juice or nah?" I ask while fishing the carton out.

"Do you gotta bae, or nah? Is you tryin to date, or nah?"

"Harold!"

"Katherine!"

"It's too early for this." I snide and roll eyes. "And it's too early for me to put up with you."

"It's almost 3 in the afternoon, babe."

"Don't call me that."

"Don't call you what?"

"Babe." I say it as if it is infectious and will cause a decease.

The first five minutes of out meal are silent until he breaks it.

"Can I call you Kathy?"

"What?" I ask, chocking on a piece of bacon.

"Kathy, can I call you Kathy?"

"No! I'm not in my forties."

"Well, that was rude to all the Kathy's under forty." He says as he chews a bite of toast. Like me, he smothered it with the god-sent Nutella.

"I'm sorry all Kathy's under forty." I chuckle and eat the rest of my bacon. Instantly I look over at Harry's plate and eye his bacon.

"No." He immediately shuts it down.

"But please?" I pot up at him.

"No means no." He finishes his toast and smears a bit of Nutella on his chin. I giggle and be furrows his brows.

"What?"

"You have some Nutella on your chin."

"Oh, okay. I'll save it for later." He chuckles and I continue eating my toast.

A minute later, I can't take it anymore. I get up and walk over to him, grabbing his chin I wipe off the Nutella with my thumb.

"Thanks mom." He grumbles but before he looks down I seize my opportunity and grab a piece of his bacon. I quickly shove it in my mouth before he can take it back.

"Kathy!" He glares at me and I shrug, turning to sit back in my chair.

"Were you mad at me last night?" I ask after I finish my toast.

"No." Harry says bluntly after his sip of orange juice.

"Oh, okay. It just seemed like you were."

"Yeah, just forget about it. I'm secretly a girl, so sometimes I get all PMS-y and shit."

I chuckle at his words and eventually he joins me.

____________________

Four hours later, we're pulling up in front of Harry's house. After Harry's brunch, there was no way I wasn't going to not have him cook me some dinner. He turns the car off and hands over the keys. Our hands brush and where my skin touched his, fire slowly dances.

"I don't live alone, just a warning." He says before he climbs out.

The light drizzle of rain and chill air makes me pull my coat closer as I follow Harry up his path. He unlocks the front door and holds it open for me.

"Ladies first."

"Thanks."

I enter in to a small hallway with white walls and dark brown wood floors. On the right is a door, which I assume is a coat closet. On the left is a small table: keys, coins, and other small trinkets lay on top.

"I'll take your coat." He says and helps me take my coat off. I flatten out my white shirt and quickly pull up my light blue distressed skinny jeans- all before Harry turns back around and kicks off his boots.

"Take your shoes off, please. They're muddy and I'm the only one that cleans here." He says with a chuckle and I quickly slide off my white vans.

"Better?" I ask him with a smirk.

"Better." He confirms and ushers me to walk down the hallway in front of him. There's a single door on the left before I walk into the spacious modern living room.

Man cave.

That's the first thing that fills my mind.

An excessively large flat screen t.v hangs on the white wall above a massive, complex looking stereo system. A big black leather sofa in the shape of an L, and two matching reclining chairs are placed around a glass coffee table.

Sports jerseys and sporting event posters liter the walls.

A tan man with dark hair an dark eyes walks out of a room that appears to be the kitchen. An unopened bag of food in his hand.

"Oh, hi. Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" He asks, his face scrunched up, looking confused.

"I'm Katy, Harry brought me along for dinner." I say nervously and play with the hem of my shirt.

"Well in that case, I'm

Calum." He sticks out his hand that isn't holding the crisps and shakes hands. "Where is that old man?"

I look around and shrug my shoulders. "Bathroom? Bedroom? I'm not sure."

"I'll go find him. He shouldn't leave a pretty girl like you alone, including if the other boys are coming over."

"Is it just you two that live here?" I ask him before he starts going up the stairs.

"Yupp. Just old grumpy Harold and I." He says over his shoulder.

I chuckle at the boy and walk over to the sofa and flopping down on it. It's surprisingly really comfortable. I lay on my back and put my arms over my eyes.

"So, d'you meet Calum?" Harry asks, scaring the absolute shit out of me. I jump up and end up on my ass on the floor with my hands over my heart.

"For the love of all that is holy! You can't just come out of nowhere like that!" I scold as I take his offering hand. He helps me to my feet and I dust off the back of my jeans.

"I can too. It's my house." He says and sits down, turning on the t.v.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and lay back down. A few minutes later I feel a warm, fuzzy blob on my feet. I quickly look at my feet and see a black cat with a huge white spot on its back.

"And who would you be?" I ask, my voice going all high pitched on me.

"That would be Spot."

"Spot? Guess you thought long and hard about that." I tease Harry.

"Aren't you just a little cutie!" I coo at the cat.

"Oh, I know I am, you don't have to tell me."

"Harry. I was talking to the cat." I turn my face towards him, scowling. Arrogant jerk.

"Of course you were." He winks at me. I have to hold myself back from gagging.

___________________________

Around 8 the other guys showed up. Turns out, I have a class with one of them. His name's Michael and I always noticed him because he seems to die his hair every other week and it's always different colors. Luke seems like a quiet guy. He hasn't really said that much, but maybe that's because Ashton has been doing all of the talking.

Around 9, Harry strolls out of the kitchen and tells us that the food is done, but before we're allowed to eat the table needs to be set. Everyone besides Luke and I call out that they're not doing it. So, poor Luke and I head to the dinning room to set up the long table.

"How do you do the silverware?" Luke asks while I walk around the table setting a plate down at all the places.

"Uhm. . . I don't think it really matters?" I say skeptically and he shrugs, setting down all the utensils on one side.

"I'll go get some glasses." Luke announces while I place bowls on top of the plates like Harry asked us to do. Luke walks back in and I grab a few glasses from him and place them around the table.

I skip out the dinning room and through the living room and straight into Harry's chest.

"We have got to stop doing that." I groan as I rub my nose, looking up at him.

_______________________

"Go ahead, take him! All he does is piss on my clothes!"

Calum exclaims as he finishes up his soup. Harry made split pea and green pea smoked ham soup, might be one of the best things I've had in a long time.

"Don't just offer my cat up like that!" Harry counters back. Everyone just laughs at the exchange and finishes eating.

"What's for dessert chef Styles?" I ask as I look up at him. Calum and Ashton sat at the heads of the table while Harry and Luke sat on one side, Michael and I on the other.

"There's still some red velvet cake from your girlfriend's birthday party." Harry says as he looks over at Ashton.

"Five day old cake it is!" Ashton claps his hands together and heads to the kitchen with Harry.

"So, are you two dating?" Luke asks me once clanking is audible from the kitchen.

"Oh, no!" I chuckle and shake my head profusely.

"I've never seen him look at someone so much in the past hour than I have the entire time

I've known him." Michael announces and I can feel a slight blush fill my cheeks.

"Cake!" Calum and Luke yell in unison once Harry sets a platter down on the table.

__________________________

It's around midnight when I find myself lazily leaning against Harry as the six of us- well seven if you count Spot laying on my lap- watch Anchorman: The Legend Continues. I feel like Niall would absolutely love this movie so I send him a quick text asking if he's ever seen it and for sure, he texts back a positive response with a bunch of smiley faces.

"You could stay here tonight. You look really tired." Harry says as he watches while I yawn.

"No, I really should go home." I say and try to move Spot into Harry's lap but he hops right back into mine.

"Look, even Spot wants you to stay."

"Are you saying that you want me to stay?"

"Well, I don't want you to leave, if that's what you mean."

I look up at Harry and his jade eyes look right back into my hazel ones. A small smile plays on his lips and I smile back. His eyes cast down to my lips and he leans his head down to mine. Our lips almost touching until Spot jumps in between our faces and on to the back of the sofa. Harry looks at the cat, absolutely flabbergasted and I giggle.

"Alright, I'll stay." I smile and Harry turns back to me, his answering smile breathtaking. He leans down and I think he's going to kiss me but instead he kisses my cheek before getting up.

"Anyone want more popcorn?" He asks and a chorus of yeahs sounds.

__________________________

"Are you sure? I wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor or the couch." Harry says as he stands in front of me in only black sweatpants.

"You slept with me last night." I remind him as I tighten the drawstring of the shorts he let me borrow.

"True." He smiles a lazy, tired smile. We both climb into his bed, a fair amount of space in between us. I'm so uncomfortable. I don't sleep in a bra. . . Maybe, just maybe if I-

"What are you doing?" Harry asks and my hands freeze.

"Nothing." I say quickly.

"You're doing something, the whole bed was jostling."

"I'm uncomfortable." I admit. As soon as I said that Harry makes his way out of the bed.

"I'll see you in the morning." He walks around the bed and I leap out, almost falling on my face because the navy blue duvet tangled around my feet.

"No! It's not you it's me!" I say as I grab onto his arm do support. Oh, it's really muscular. . . Katy stop it!

"Not the first time I heard that one." He says and a smirk places itself on his face but it doesn't reach his eyes. Wow, someone actually has told him that before. Stupid twat she was.

"No. it's just that-" it's now or never "I can't sleep in a bra." I blurt out and look anywhere but his face.

"Oh." He chuckles and I feel my face blow up into flames. My hand falls from his arm as he pulls me to him. I feel the back of the black Rolling Stones t-shirt he gave me lift off my back and rough fingers graze my lower back.

"I don't mind." He whispers into my ear, voice low and husky. My body responds before my brain can stop it and my lower body clenches as my insides burn with want. His fingers continue a slow, torturous path up my spine. They stop over my bra clasps and he expertly undoes it. Since I'm conveniently wearing a strapless bra because of the sheer shoulders of my white shirt, one tug from his swift fingers and it's laying between our bare feet on the grey carpeted floor.

"Better?" He asks and I'm well aware of the feeling of his muscles pressed against me. I slowly back away, nodding my head.

"Goodnight." I whisper as I face him. He reaches over and tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Goodnight."

_____

A/N:

Please comment and vote, it is greatly appreciated. Cake. Did you see what I did there? Haha bromance. Okay, I'm sorry haha xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 8.1K 43
"Life is full of almosts. You almost had me and I almost had you, but it wasn't enough. It was never enough yet we kept trying anyways. I kept tellin...
1.5M 10.4K 140
Requests are open :) Preferences written by xLexiGurlx
2.7K 192 5
» 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 « ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀᴍᴀᴢᴏɴ ᴀs ᴋɪɴᴅʟᴇ ᴏʀ ᴘᴀᴘᴇʀʙᴀᴄᴋ [ 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘪𝘰 ] In a world where everyone is trying to survive, a healer and...