The Knave and the Champion :...

Von TheeOriginalEpicFail

An Alice/Stayne fan-fiction. I recently watched Alice In Wonderland, about five times, and when seeing the sc... Mehr

Chapter One - From Umbradge
Chapter Two - The Mysterious Girl
Chapter Three - The Encounter
Chapter Four - On The Prowl
Chapter Five - Interrogation
Chapter Six - Stayne's Discovery
Chapter Seven - Informing Iracebeth
Chapter Eight - Negotiation
Chapter Ten - The Beheading
Chapter Eleven - The Warning
Chapter Twelve - The Battle
Chapter Thirteen - A Valiant Victory
Chapter Fourteen - Collecting Alice

Chapter Nine - Marmoreal

1.6K 35 2
Von TheeOriginalEpicFail

 He waited for Midnight to fall, for each of the castle’s inhabitants to sleep, and he slipped out from Alice’s old bed chamber and down to the stables. He mounted his horse and began his journey. A distant journey which he expected would take up most of the night. He rode his horse far into the night, awaiting to reach Marmoreal.

 Surprisingly, the journey was shorter than Stayne expected. When he arrived, he slowed his horse from a canter to a slow trot. What he saw was such a beautiful sight; the White Queen’s castle. A road leading into the castle was lined with blossom trees, and ending at a magnificent marble castle, decorated with blue turrets. It was the most beautiful structure he’d ever seen. So much more welcoming and graceful than the Red Queen’s castle.

 He watched the marble walls glisten in the moonlight, and it’s beauty amazed him, almost like Alice’s did. He dismounted his horse at the large arched entrance. The undeniable astonishing beauty of Marmoreal was unlike anything he had seen in Salazen Grum. It was bright, and didn’t make you tremble with fear.

 Stayne looked up again at the wonder and had one thought on his mind; I do not belong here. Everything there, everything he could see, looked perfect. And then there was him; a dark Knave in black and red clothing, his long cape flowing behind him. He could not look more out of place.

 He stepped inside the courtyard and looked around for any signs of – human – life. His eyes met with those of the White Queen standing on the balcony above him. She gave him a grin and disappeared, supposedly to confront him on why he was here, before telling him to return to Salazen Grum.

 Mirana, the beautiful and pure White Queen, now stood before him at the entrance to her palace. ‘Your Majesty, I-’ But she raised her hand to stop him.

‘Come with me, Ilosovic Stayne.’ She said, returning through the grand doors she had emerged from.  Stayne was confused, for she owed him no kindness, he was the  handy-man of her evil, power-mad sister. How could she owe him any kindness?

 He removed his gloves and proceeded up the marble stairs, through the door the Queen had stepped through. ‘Come, I understand there is somebody that you wish to speak with.’ Stayne nodded. How did she know? He thought.

 Stayne entered, what he believed to be, the White Queen’s court. Like the exterior, this room was excellent too. Turquoise marble pillars were in place, either side of the carpeted path leading towards Mirana’s throne. Marmoreal was simply perfect.

 Without his noticing, the Queen had moved to a doorway leading to a grand helix staircase. It was winding up in circles to the top of this tower. ‘This way, Ilosovic Stayne.’ At the top of the staircase, was a beautiful study, again, decorated with excellence and marble. To its left, was a door, supposedly leading to a bedroom. To its right, the same, and straight ahead were the doors leading out to the balcony.

 Mirana guided him out onto the balcony, where he found a telescope and a beautiful view of waterfalls and the castle’s gardens. ‘I won’t be a moment.’ She smiled, and left the balcony, closing the doors behind her. With that, Stayne was alone. He thought of what he would say to Alice. He’d apologise for frightening her, first. Then what?

 Before he could decide, the doors of the balcony reopened, this time, there stood two people; Mirana, and the beautiful Alice. ‘I shall leave you two alone.’ She smiled gently again, before backing into the study, closing the doors behind her.

 ‘Alice.’ He said. The girl eyed him suspiciously, unsure whether or not to trust this man. ‘I mean you no harm.’ He admitted as she stepped cautiously towards him.

‘The White Queen told me that you would not bring me any harm.’ Alice stated. ‘Her highness said that you bring news?’

‘Yes.’

‘There has been a little…trouble, back in Salazen Grum.’

‘In what way?’ she said, tilting her head slightly.

‘The Queen has ordered the beheading of the dormouse and the Hatter.’ He sighed regrettably, failing to mention it was partly his fault. Alice face became even paler, if possible. Her pupils began to widen from shock. ‘When?!’

‘Tomorrow morning.’ Tears began to well up in Alice’s eyes.

‘Why would she do such a thing? I know she has a passion for decapitating her enemies, but I am the one she’s after, not them!’ Her voice wavered with sorrow.

‘Alice, believe me when I say this; I tried. I begged Iracebeth to reconsider, to reason with her, but there was no use. She’s stubborn.’

 The both of them said nothing for a moment. Stayne looked deep into her eyes, and she stared back in to his. Her eyes began to puff up as she held back the tears. Stayne saw the confused look on her face. She was curious, and was determined to ask him one question.

 ‘Why would you try to stop her?’ Stayne found it difficult not to smile at how oblivious she was. Oblivious, curious, beautiful, intelligent Alice. His Alice. He placed his hands on her delicate shoulders, feeling her flitch a little beneath his fingers. She feared he was going to pin her against the wall again, but the she remembered the Queen’s word, and she trusted Mirana.

 ‘Alice,’ Stayne smiled without revealing his teeth. ‘Have I not told you before? I like you, Alice. Very much so.’ His voice was calm, and Alice found it soothing, very unlike the tone he used back in the Red Queen’s castle.

 Alice could hardly believe what she had just heard, and Stayne could see this in her eyes. ‘How can I trust you?’

‘Well, I’m here, am I not?’ He sighed. She then threw her arms around the back of his neck and hugged him tightly. Stayne did not expect such a positive reaction, though he liked it. After a moment of hesitation, he hugged her back, not wanting to let go.

 This moment was one of the best that Stayne had lived to enjoy. Both his and Alice’s heads rested against each other, both of them happy, both content. This was the happiest Stayne had been in a long time. In fact, he was sure, this was the happiest he’d ever been. He cared for Alice so deeply, that he was prepared. Prepared to protect her, to fight and – possibly – die in Frabjous Day battle. Everything was perfect.

 Then, Stayne realised something. He lifted his head, causing himself and Alice to pull away. ‘Alice, correct me if I am wrong, but were you not taller the last time we met?’

‘Yes,’ She smiled, a slightly chuckle in her voice. ‘I had consumed a little too much Upelkuchen, and that is how I became ‘‘Um’’.’

‘So, I naturally tower over you.’ Stayne grinned.

‘Yes, this is my normal height. Or, this is what I believe to be my normal height.’ She smiled. ‘I am not too sure of what to believe about Underland anymore.’

 He held out his palm, and she took it. Stayne guided her to the balcony’s wall. The two stood there, his hand gently clasping hers, as they looked over their surroundings. Alice sighed. ‘It’s a beautiful place, don’t you think?’

‘I agree. I have never come across a place with such outstanding beauty as Marmoreal.’

He felt the urge to twirl her golden locks between his fingers, but he felt he should maintain his stature. He didn’t want to go from Ilosovic Stayne, Knave of Hearts, feared by many, being the right-hand-man of Iracebeth, to the love-drunk fool, with his heart melting for Alice Kingsleigh.

 She smiled up at Stayne, before looking back out over the landscape. He wanted to stay there, with Alice, forever. He loved being in her company, in her presence, inhaling her scent, feeling her warmth.

 But sadly, he had to leave. He had to return to Salazen Grum, whilst his absence was still un-noticed. He apologised, and at that moment, Mirana reappeared on the balcony, perfect timing, to inform Stayne that he should be leaving now if he wished for his visit to remain secret.

 ‘I must go now, Alice. But I will return, if you wish of me.’ She nodded, and he kissed the back of her palm. Stayne gently dropped her hand, as she let it gracefully hall to her side. He bid her ‘Goodnight.’ And bowed slightly.

 ‘Goodnight, Stayne.’ She reluctantly dismissed. ‘Travel safely.’ He nodded before following the White Queen back to the castle’s entrance. He, too, kissed hand before striding across the courtyard to find his steed still standing as noble and patient as ever. He mounted his horse, and raised his hand in a salute, and as a ‘‘goodbye’’ gesture.

 ‘Fairfarren, Ilosovic Stayne.’ She said, gracefully, waving him off, before re-joining Alice on the balcony. Stayne saw Alice smile and wave goodbye to him, before he raced off on his horse, back to Salazen Grum.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.2K 41 8
**** fun fact Absolem is of Hebrew Origin and means "father is Peace"☮ 😁**** Chitose (meaning 'ascend with the strength of a thousand' origin Japane...
53.2K 2.8K 34
Anna Holland is a college freshman with strange empathic psychic powers that she has managed to keep hidden. She senses auras, feels what others feel...
50.6K 1.5K 25
"She's been here all along, Willy." "And so have you." You've met a man. A magic man. Strange; charming; peculiar. Though, he somehow managed to get...
9.4K 261 15
*MAJOR SPOILERS!!! READ THE FIRST THREE STORIES* She missed the boat, she watched as everything sailed away from her. But she wasn't going to let...