The Path Of Hope: Part 1

Por MrsBrown_11

Everyone starts from somewhere right? Hope proves that when she takes us through her mom Kae's journal to tel... Más

Copyright 2014-present
Prologue
Chanced Meetings
A/N
Maybe We Should Take It Slow... Or Should We???
A/N: Kae's journal entries... or nah???
Drama On Date Night...
A/N
The Struggle Of Missing 'Them' When You're Apart...
A/N
A/N
A Reunion Filled With Secrets...
Four Years Later Calls For Some Wedding Drama...
A/N
Late Christmas Surprises Call For A Make-Up
A Good... And Bad New Year Surprise
A Disastrous, Almost Tragic, Baby Shower
Taking Matters Into His Hands
Story Rankings!!!!
Tour Drama
A Bittersweet Anniversary
More Rankings & New Story Sneak Peek!
🐬 Tales, Beach Weddings, And Life-Altering Decisions
Tenth Birthday Madness...

A Tour Tragedy

52 1 0
Por MrsBrown_11

Kae

A month later:

Chris had been on tour for a month now and with his next concert being in VA, Seiko and EJ were taking turns driving to get us there for me to see him. Being almost 8 months along now, and still on bed rest, I was mainly sleeping and eating during the drive. While I was awake, we had some pretty lit times though. And yes my doctor cleared me for the travel. She began scheduling my appointments for every two weeks now so I had one in Tappahannock. He missed his family so I couldn't say no when Mama J insisted on me joining them.

She, aunt Christine, and my sister-in-law Lytrell, all got together with my mom to plan a baby shower redo. That's what everyone wanted the stalker to think anyway. The plan was to cancel it at the last minute after August stages a break-in at Chris and I's home in LA. When I'm supposed to return, Tinashe will be there in my place, hoping they'll strike. Aug would be 'staying at a hotel' with her until I got back, which ends up being earlier than expected. Tinashe at that time would 'call him' to tell him I made it home safe.

My bodyguards would be following EJ, Seiko, and I on the drive back so she'd say when they stopped for food, they took longer so she was alone and it made her nervous. All in my voice because I recorded it. I just wasn't sending it to her until Tinashe sent me her cue via text. Everyone was nervous thinking it would backfire because my stalker was onto us. We weren't letting that stop us though! A phone ringing took me out of my thoughts and I knew who was calling. August for the millionth time on his burner phone.

That's what we all used when discussing the plan and he was obviously more concerned than everyone else... Everyone except for Tinashe that is... Anyway, Chris calmed Aug down and thirty minutes later, it was showtime. Things went as they should've and someone WAS arrested when it was all over! The thing that worried us all was it was the same one who we suspected. The one who could've killed Mel and met with Chris and Aug to help them find my stalker. It had me on edge; it was just too easy.

My husband and everyone else agreed but they wanted to let it go and take this win. They said that because who got locked up was involved somehow and hoped that him getting caught would make him talk and give us answers. While that's true, I just didn't want to let my guard down. My gut was telling me some shit was about to happen and if that doesn't mean anything, think Olivia Pope. If you've seen Scandal, you know how powerful her gut was and that was just at reading people! "Kae. Relax babe. Please?"

I rolled my eyes at Chris' pleading and reply: "Only for Hope. I'm tired so I'm going to get some rest, if she stops kicking me that is." He nods and kisses my forehead then heads out of the room he grew up in at his mom's house. He joined Trey and Tyga on the tour bus for one last VA concert in Virginia Beach. I would've gone but I've been on the road so much just to get here, I wanted the night off. I was at the first one anyway, the biggest with it being Chris and Trey's home state. A few hours later, Mama J barges in on me.

She was hysterical which had me sit up instantly and wipe my eyes to get the sleep out of them. "Mama J what's going on? What happened?" I was prepared to hear the worst but I wasn't going to show any emotions until I knew exactly what happened. "We have to go. NOW! The tour bus!" That was all she could manage to get out and all I needed to hear to get me of of bed and into my wheelchair, which I had to keep me off my feet because of my bed rest, and into the car. My bodyguards followed closely behind us to the scene.

All I saw when we got to the scene of the crash was the CBE logo on the bus which was turned over and on fire. I then saw Tyga with charcoal on his cheeks and forehead, his clothes torn in random places but otherwise unscathed. I then saw the coroner putting a body bag in the back of their company vehicle and heard Ms. April, Trey's mom, screaming. That's how I knew it was him. I couldn't even take that in because my concerns were somewhere else. Where was Chris?! Mama J gasps and I turn in the direction she was facing to see the worst image of this nightmare.

My husband was in the back of an ambulance, not moving and unconscious. If he was breathing, it was shallow and he was barely hanging on. I couldn't even attempt to go to him before Tyga saw us and when he did, so did Ms. April. They came running over to us, Trey's mom to my mother-in-law and Chris' best friend to me. "Michael... What happened?!" The shock made me use his real name without thinking and his kept him from speaking at first. When he did find the courage to talk, his mouth quivered and his voice was shaky.

"I don't know. One minute we were on our way to you, to drop Chris off, and the next, the bus was skidding on the road and when it flipped over, a window broke. The glass went everywhere including right into Trey's chest. I heard them say it severed his aorta and it-" "Oh God, my baby," Ms. April shouts cutting Ty off. Both of them were so emotional. It just hit me that Trey was gone so I was too. I was also terrified to hear what happened to my husband. Mama J couldn't get the words out if she tried, so I asked anyway.

"And- And Chris?" "He hit his head when the bus flipped over and hasn't regained consciousness since. I blame myself too; he was hurt pushing me to safety." All I could do was gasp hearing that. It caught me off guard and had me more worried than before. "Wh- What was he protecting you from? Did he see something?" My mother-in-law managed to ask seeing how speechless and in shock I was. None of us liked the answer either. "I'm not sure... All I remember was him screaming look out and pushing me out of the way."

"So it's possible," Ms. April asks for us. "Yeah... We won't know anything until he wakes up though. How are we going to tell him about Trey? He's gonna be devastated bruh; I'm still in denial!" All of us were crying now, we couldn't hold it back anymore. That's when we realized we were all still at the scene; NOT at or on the way to the hospital. Ms. April went her way seeing Trey's brothers while Tyga, Mama J, and I went in an ambulance. Mama J went in one and I went in the other.

One reason was space, the other was the stress going with Chris would've put on me and the baby. The news was out by now, and viral at that with no updates on if everyone was ok, so I took this opportunity to give the fans some piece of mind by going live on Instagram. I know it'd make Team Breezy more at ease to do that when my husband was awake but I didn't want to keep them worried either. Seeing me and knowing I wasn't on the bus with everyone would have to be enough. With that said, I go live before changing my mind.

"Hey everyone! No need to panic over me being in an ambulance, I'm fine and so is the baby; I WASN'T on the bus. So is the crew since they were on their own bus headed to the next stop on the tour. I just wanted to check in while I'm headed to the hospital to be there for Chris... Mama J is with him now and I'm with Tyga. You know too many people can't be in one of these things at once. Say hey Ty, Chyna's watching with King," I say to greet everyone as my views are rising and see his ex's comment asking if he was ok.

The crew didn't even cross my mind until right before I mentioned them but I was glad they and Tyga were ok. Chris also had to be; I couldn't lose him like this. It's already bad enough that I lost a dear friend tonight with Trey's passing and it could be because of my stalker; proving my gut feeling right. Back to this live, and Tyga and Chyna. I was glad that after their break-up, they co-parent so well. As that thought crossed my mind, I see a comment from Lauren London, Trey's ex, too but Trey's family hasn't made the announcement yet.

I didn't know what to say to her because of that and even if I did, I definitely wasn't going to tell her like this. "What's up y'all," Tyga finally says taking me out of my thoughts. Everyone could clearly see he was ok and I made it sound like Chris was because no one asked if they could request him to join. Not that I could because he wasn't watching this or even logged in. He was unconscious and fighting for his life right now! I didn't want it to seem like I was hiding that though so I let that show in my next statement.

"Ok, so when I have an update on Chris, everyone will know. He might even go live himself knowing him. As for Trey, Lauren I saw your comment-" "You'll be updated soon," Ty tells her when he cut me off. "That's not gonna raise any alarms Michael;" I silently, grit through my teeth off camera. Why did he do that?! He basically told everyone watching he's in bad shape or worse! "You mentioned him!" "Because I wasn't going to be rude and ignore her dumbass!" After that little disagreement, I focused on my viewers again.

"Sorry about that guys. Anyway, we just got to the hospital! Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes already sent Chris' way and please keep them coming. And Lauren, I was going to say I don't know anything before SOMEONE rudely interrupted me" I said glaring Tyga's way. "Anyway, I need to tend to my husband so Team Breezy, remember you'll be hearing from me when I have some info to give. Until then!" I get off live as we finally reach the hospital, ready to see Chris, and Tyga helps me out of the ambulance truck.

Outside are nurses ready to check on me and baby, with a wheelchair, and when I thankfully got the ok, they rolled me to my husband's private room. I thanked God when I saw he was awake. Ty, who also got an all clear when he was checked on, was already there with Mama J. I got her son's arms around me just as Aunt Christine and his dad came running. Austin and Mijo not far behind. "You scared us bro! We thought you-" "Well as you can see, I'm fine Mijo. Made of steel. Now where's Trey? Can I go see him now?"

That's when I pulled away from him. I knew this was going to be hard; but you never realize just how difficult until the moment presents itself. "Babe, what's going on? He is ok... right?" I prepared myself to give Chris the news and started to but Tyga stopped me. "I got this Kae. It will go better coming from me since I was at the scene." "Now you're scaring me... Where is he?!" I could tell my husband was desperate for answers and Ty was regretting not letting me give him the news. He didn't back out though; he just took a moment.

"When the window shattered, some of the glass ruptured his aorta. I didn't know that's how serious it was until I overheard the doctors talking but I saw the whole thing. He was gone instantly." The look on my husband's face was something I'd never seen before and it broke my heart. "That's funny. You almost got me but I'm not falling for Ashton's tricks and getting Punk'd a third time. Now really, where's Trey?" Using his defense mode and trying to act as if he was in denial didn't surprise me. I knew my husband.

He was hoping Ty would take back what he said; even if he believed it. I took his hand and got closer to him on the bed. "Babe... This is real." "I'm so sorry angel but it is. His mom was waiting for us to tell you so she and his brothers can make the announcement but Tremaine is gone," Mama J announced as gently as she could. "You're lying!" At this point, he was beginning to let his emotions come out while still in denial. He was heartbroken to lose his VA brother from another mother. Trey was his family; mine too.

This whole damn situation sucked and I hated to see him hurting. "Chris baby, please. Relax. I know this is hard to hear but you need to keep your blood pressure down after the accident," I pleaded with him. "Fuck that! Trey's NOT dead! I was just with him damn it!" I tried to find the words to comfort him but Tyga spoke first: "How do you think I felt seeing you unconscious and him lifeless? I thought BOTH of you were gone until I went to check your pulse like I did with him. This shit isn't easy for any of us and I don't believe it either!"

Tyga paused there a moment to compose himself then finished getting out what he had to say. "And I'll be damned if you don't listen to Kae resulting in me losing you too! So calm down, let it out so we can announce we're cancelling the rest of the tour, and focus on getting you out of here. Justice for him can wait until then." While he was right, I couldn't shake that feeling I had on the ambulance. That this was my stalker's plan; only they intended on Chris being the casualty. "What if I was right about what happened in LA too easy?"

I wasn't going to keep it to myself; they had to know. "Hold on; Aug is calling..." Chris answers then puts his phone on speaker before asking me to repeat myself. And that was after relaying the news about Trey. "She thinks her stalker did this! Trey wasn't supposed to get hurt Breezy; YOU were!" Everyone let Aug's words sink in before Mama J spoke. "All of your warnings about how easy catching your stalker was... You were right. They went after my son to get back at us for trying to catch them. How are we going to tell April?"

"Are you KIDDING?! We're NOT telling Trey's mom about ANY of this! She'll hate us! What we're going to do is find out who's behind this and give Ms. April justice when they're behind bars" Tyga announces. I agreed with him too. "Mike's right. We lost Trey; I don't want to lose his family too; it's not what he'd want. And if she understands by chance, she'll be involved by helping us catch who did this; not taking no for an answer. We can't put her or Trey's brothers in danger," Chris explains, speaking my thoughts aloud.

"I agree. Besides, if we're right, we need to slow down or someone else can get hurt. Trey wouldn't want that; and neither do any of us." Everyone nodded in agreement and there was silence as we waited for the announcement about our friend until Tyga broke it. "I hate to do this now but it's damn near haunting me so I need to ask... what made you push me to safety like that? What the hell did you see?" Everyone's attention was on my husband to hear the answer the question. Just when he was getting ready to speak, it was on the news:

"Trey Songz and CBE bus driver dead after deadly crash" I made it my mission to call Lauren since she was literally asking about Trey when I went live earlier and saw Chris prepping himself to do so as well. Once he could get a hold of his emotions that is... If he even could long enough to go live... When I hung up with Lauren, he was ready and wanted me and Tyga in the camera with him once it started for support. It took him a moment to officially start it; knowing he'd lose it once he saw all the viewers coming in and talking about Trey.

For the fans, he knew he had to do it so he pushed his pride aside and pressed the button. Everyone was sending him love; saying they were glad he was ok at first; but once they mentioned our fallen friend in the comments, he lost it. I held his hand for comfort; even if it wasn't helping right now, as I cried with him. When Chris couldn't speak, Tyga did and when neither of them could, I had their backs. We were on Insta live for about an hour; so we could talk to both Team Breezy and Trey's fans, his Angels.

Ms. April texted Mama J that they had a special window starting tomorrow until his funeral to donate to the Angel foundation or send something to the Songz family to show their condolences. We relayed that message and said Ms. April as well as the foundation's social media was going to give that announcement for those who weren't watching. After that, the nurses gave us the cue that it was time to call it a night. It didn't take long from there for it to be just Mama J, my husband, an unborn Hope, and I in the hospital room.

Chris

I was just numb. Everything felt like a dream from Trey being gone, just like that, to me being in a hospital bed almost having died myself. The feelings that were taking over my body right now were ten times stronger than any pain my injuries could've caused. I didn't feel any of it hence why I hadn't taken any pain meds. Not like they'd work; what's hurting the most right now is my heart. My mom, Kae, and I were just silent. Even if we thought of something to say, the words just wouldn't come out. We were just stuck in silence.

Mainly from the shock and sadness of our loss, and the fear of just the sound of another's voice causing us to break down again. It couldn't get any worse. "Mr. Brown? I know you planned on canceling the rest of the tour before deciding to just postpone it and add a second show for each of the remaining cities so some of the money from the ticket sales and clothing go to Trey's Angel Foundation. Sadly, you won't be on that leg dancing like you do until next year." Just like that, it DID get worse. I couldn't even react.

At this point, my face was just blank and I felt like I was all out of tears. "H-How bad is it," Kae asked the doctor and the nurse. It was a miracle anyone could understand her words; that's how upset she was. I couldn't even get mad knowing it was the pregnancy hormones. "His leg was broken in three different places and his ankle is sprained. That second injury is easy to come back from but if he doesn't take it easy so everything can heal properly..." The doctor stopped and my mom finished his statement:

"He won't be able to dance again will he?" It took a moment before they replied; to put their words together the right way. Then the silence was yet again broken. "Not like he was less than twenty-four hours ago. That leg just won't be the same anymore after tonight... I have my fingers crossed for a positive outcome though. You took me on as your doctor when you got admitted because I'm a fan and Team Breezy has your best interest at heart so for all of us, hang in there. We'll get through this together." All I could do was nod.

I just didn't have the energy for anything right now and my doctor took that as their cue to head out for the night. Once they did, I turned over and closed my eyes. While I attempted to sleep, I just kept seeing Trey's face. It kept me wide awake for what seemed like the entire night, just being haunted by him and his memory, feeling like it'd take a lifetime to get over this loss. Granted it wasn't my mom, Kae, or our daughter which would've pushed me over the edge, but we were VA brothers who's careers started the same year.

Shit; I remember meeting him for the first time when he made a cameo for my Yo! video like it was yesterday. We've been cool ever since and it's just hard to believe while I'm reminiscing about good times over the years as well as recently during the tour that in the blink of an eye, he was gone. I knew it was real; I just couldn't wrap my head around it still being in denial. My mom and Kae we were fast asleep by now, just drained from this whole ordeal, so I just laid here in silence; thinking until I finally faded into blackness.

"Chris?! Nigga wake yo ass up!" I open my eyes to Trey's voice. That's when I clicks; he was gone. Before I could even process my thoughts, and shake that voice that was still so clear out of my head, he spoke again: "If I wasn't here, could you hear me let alone see me right now?" "What the fuck is going on," I managed to get out, my confusion clear as day. "You're with us right now for a reason; just accept the shit and listen!" I knew that accent... It wasn't their voice but it reminded me of- "That's because Aug's my brother. I'm Mel..."

Just like that, I jumped up out of my sleep covered in sweat. Not even being able to process what, and who, I just saw as well as how they could hear my thoughts and cut me off before I could even finish one entirely. That definitely was Mel though; and I'd know because of the picture Aug shared of him. "Babe, you're burning up... Let me get you some water and get one of the nurses to get you a towel for your forehead ok?" I nod and thank Kae, who I should be taking care of, feeling not only exhausted but guilty about it.

I wasn't going to dwell too much on that though so I just kept an eye on my mom while waiting on my wife to return with the nurse. It might not have been too much time that flew by but due to how exhausted I was, it sure did feel like it. Me being as tired as I was; I was too lazy to grab my phone to keep track of it. That reason being why I eventually couldn't wait up anymore; my eyes started getting heavier by the second until my body won it's fight and I fell into another deep slumber.

"About time you rejoined us nigga! We don't have all night, or forever, for that matter! You DO know that right?" Once again, I saw my friend. I was still lost but this time, I didn't even care. "I know. Just tell me what I need to know. Who killed you and did they-" Mel cut me off. "Not that easy! You're not wrong; we just can't tell you." How the hell does that even make sense?! "Just trust us! Each of you has a piece of the puzzle; just put your heads together to put it all together. Here's a hint: what made you push Tyga to safety plays a big part."

My friend's words had me speechless and I didn't have time to respond before Aug's brother spoke first. " That action saved your life, and his, by the way. And to answer your question, yes Kae does know more than she let on. That's all I can tell you. If you can get that out of her, you my brother, and your other friend will be one step closer to ending this. Now get back to your wife and daughter. They need you." I still didn't know what to say so I nod while thinking : "There's no way I could explain this shit; and Aug will never believe me if I told him!"

Trey's last words to me were: "You're right; he won't. And one more thing; when Kae's water breaks and she goes into labor, pay attention. If you don't, you'll regret it and don't ask what I mean; you'll know in the moment." Now I was forced to let those words haunt me, along with Trey's memory, as I tried to figure out what they meant as he couldn't just come out and explain. It frustrated me somewhat but I didn't let it get to me and just continue to come to a conclusion to what he meant until Mel and Trey were gone and everything once again faded to black.

I open my eyes once again; the nurse, my mom and Kae hovered around me. "Why are y'all crowding around me? What happened?" "Babe, you passed out and we couldn't wake you up. They were about to get a doctor to run some tests to see if you fell into a coma. This is the second time tonight I thought I lost you; DON'T make it a third," Kae warned me. If only she knew what really happened... I wasn't telling her about it if she wouldn't tell me what Trey and Mel meant though. She also might not believe me anyway...

      Speaking of my friend, I just realized I never called his family after I got the news of his passing. Even if it was late, I'm sure they couldn't sleep, especially Ms. April, so since I was wide awake, I decided to reach out and check on her. I know Trigga would've done the same for me if the roles were reversed. With that said, I manned up and dialed that number. I knew she'd contact me sooner rather than later to see how I was holding up after everything with her looking at me as one of her own anyway.

      We stayed on the phone until almost sun up and once I hung up, I carefully adjusted my self. I was finally feeling the pain in my leg so it took longer than I expected to get comfortable but once I did, that was it. I glanced over at my mom once again to see her sleeping peacefully as I pulled Kae into me to wrap my arms around her. From there, it didn't take long to fall back asleep. This time for real; there was no third interruption from Trey and Mel to stall my slumber. It was just me and my dreams.

Hope

      I was just getting back home after visiting my Meme, who was worried sick about dad when I picked up where I left off earlier in mom's journal. This was the first time I've ever heard about my uncle Trey's death and what happened to him. My mom was more open when it came to answering my questions about it growing up but dad and everyone else just wasn't up for it. Especially after mom's passing; they were more closed off. Given what's going on, and knowing my father wouldn't tell me anything even if it wasn't, I decided to just bring it up with uncle August.

      My groom stepped out to get my surprise for our first night as husband and wife so now was the perfect time to do so. With that said, I found his number in my contacts and hit that green call button. It rang three times; uncle Aug answering on the fourth right before I hung up. "Hey niece. Have you heard from your dad yet?" "No actually... I've been waiting but that's not why I called... This is about what happened with uncle Trey." He was silent for a moment and I heard aunt Tinashe calling him saying dinner was almost ready stalling him from replying right away.

      "Let me guess... you read more of your mom's journal giving her side of the story right?" "Yeah... did aunt Nashe really-" "She did and that's where her being apart of this whole thing stopped. At least until your mom passed and she stepped up to help your dad out with you; she made a promise to look after you and was asked to be your godmother for taking that risk." I would've never known that if I hadn't asked or began reading mom's journal which blew my mind. You'd think with me being grown now that I would've either been told the story or overheard it a long time ago.

      "I never knew that... Wow... I need to thank her next time I see her. Anyway, did dad ever say what he saw that made him push uncle Tyga out of the way when the tour bus crashed?" "If he told anyone, he told your mom and uncle then left it there. I never heard anything about it and you know if-" Seeing where he was going with his statement, I cut him off there. "If dad won't tell me, uncle Ty won't either? I know... Anyway, I heard mom's side of it; can I hear yours from that night?" "I don't know Hope... Not saying I'm not willing to tell you; I just think right now is bad timing..."

      I nod in understanding as I knew my aunt was most likely going to get on his ass if he didn't get down there to help her get the table set and make everyone's plates. They had a son and daughter, one just turned 17 and the other 12. Right now I'm 23; so everyone can do the math to find out when they were born. My hubby also just walked through the front door and I heard him headed my way; so I wouldn't have time to listen to the story. I had other things on my mind... "I get it... Since I'm coming over this weekend for dinner we can talk about it then. Love you uncle!"

      "Love you too niece! And PLEASE try NOT to get pregnant on your wedding night! It's still hard for me to not see you as a little girl anymore." I laugh and blush at his wish then respond. "I'll see what I can do! Good night!" With that, I took one final glance in the bathroom mirror before walking out as I quickly hung up. While talking to uncle Aug, I was getting ready for tonight's festivities. Satisfied, I await my husband's entrance into the bedroom and once he did we wasted no time ending our wedding night with a bang.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

130K 4.6K 36
"I have no one but you. My family already left me, I can't let you go too." ** © 2017 Naermy all rights reserved.
34 1 14
A young women named Hope moves into her aunts hometown after inheriting her farm. Where she falls in love, and discovers a secret about her aunts far...
470K 14.7K 32
Ellie didn't know taking her mother on a vacation would lead to becoming something more surprising. Finding out about her mothers past with a King, t...
249K 9K 74
Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen when her biggest secret comes to light and...