The Power Within - Transforme...

By babsgordon152

The sequel to 'Scars Don't Heal - Transformers Prime'. Amanda Beckett had changed. She became a leader, a fri... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Conclusion
Author's Note
Author's Note - Update

Chapter Twenty-One

2.6K 92 32
By babsgordon152

It has honestly been so long since I posted a chapter! I'm soooooo sorry lovelies, but I've been so caught up with school and finals that I had no time whatsoever to write. Your continued comments and support have been amazing though, and there isn't a day where they haven't gone unnoticed. Thank you guys for sticking with me, even though I've been out of the game for a bit. This one is for you! Enjoy!

Episode 16 - Hurt

[Amanda]

  Ratchet hurried to scan Bulkhead, who still hadn't moved, over, then grabbed two devices from the medlab and began to give the wrecker electric shocks at intervals, which only meant that he wasn't responding. Horror was coursing through me and on impulse, I ran halfway down the stairs. Agent Fowler, who had been tracking Bulkhead's situation, joined me but froze as well. There had to be something we could do-

  "Bulkhead, respond!" The medic demanded. "Bulkhead!"

  The sound of two engine noises caught my attention and I glanced up momentarily to see Bumblebee and Arcee driving through the ground bridge. Bee almost plowed straight into Bulkhead, since he was right in front of the bridge, and had to swerve to get out of the way. The scout's passenger seat door swung open and Miko burst out, fear written all over her face.

  "Bulkhead?" I couldn't hear her words but could read her lips. Agent Fowler snapped to attention and pulled Miko back when she tried to approach the wrecker. "What happened?!"

  Ratchet paused the electric shocks to scan Bulkhead over again. "Tox-En exposure, among other things. Bulkhead has suffered a complete systems failure."

  "Hold on." Arcee pushed forward. "Tox-En?"

  The medic didn't reply, only looked over his scan readings before looking to the others. "Help me get him to the medical bay, now!"

  Bumblebee and Arcee were quick to do so, and Miko burst forward again.

  "If I hadn't gone to New York-" she started and I ran down the rest of the stairs to get to her.

  "Miko, there was nothing you could have done." Agent Fowler said. "Hardshell sucker punched the big lug when he was down."

  She whirled around. "Who?"

  He shrugged. "Some Insecticon, it doesn't matter."

  I put a hand on her arm. "The point is, it's not your fault, whether you went to New York or not."

  Her gaze went dark and to the medlab. "Got it." We walked over to the medlab, where Ratchet was hooking up Bulkhead to what I could only guess was life support. The ground bridge opened once more, this time Optimus driving through and immediately heading towards the medlab. Raf must have taken over the transport and communications of the Prime, probably already telling him about what happened.

  "Ratchet-" Optimus started and the concern in his eyes was evident.

  "I'm doing the best I can," The medic replied. "Now we can only hope that we can stabilize him."

  Miko plopped to the floor, pulling her knees to her chest and her forehead down on them. Jack sat next to her immediately, close enough so that their shoulders were touching. I did the same on her other side, hoping to let her know that we were here. Behind us, Agent Fowler got a call and walked away to answer it, while Finn and Raf were still working on the computers to wrap up the four missions.

  "Valilorna, what have you done?" Cleona demanded, watching her counterpart warily.

  Valilorna's laugh was enough to chill bone. "Only created a substance to destroy all of Primus' offspring. Did you really think I'd allow them to continue living, even with this war killing many?"

  "You do not understand what this means." Cleona stepped forward cautiously. "What you have created-"

  "Will only benefit me, my dear foe." The goddess of chaos laughed again. "I already have Megatron wrapped around my finger; he will not hesitate to utilize my Tox-En and millions will die, adding to my power. You cannot stop me, no one can now!"

  "You will not prevail." Cleona lifted her silver colored hands, allowing her powers to cover the chunk of Tox-En next to Valilorna, using that to expel its strength-

  I shuddered slightly, expelling the scene out of my mind. Tox-En was created by Valilorna and was deadly to Cybertronians, just as she had planned. It was so powerful that it even caused Cleona some harm when she was attacked with it.

  "Turns out highlights of the Big Apple adventure got caught on security tape," Agent Fowler said, rejoining the group. "The Pentagon needs me to run interference with the mayor. I tried to stall, but-"

  I could see that Fowler didn't want to leave when Bulkhead was still in the state he was in. I didn't know the details of the wrecker's mission, but it seemed that he and Fowler grew close over the duration.

  "Go where you are needed, Agent Fowler," Optimus said, his tone more somber than usual, and that was saying a lot. "There is nothing more you can do for Bulkhead at this time."

  Agent Fowler started towards the elevator before turning around. "Keep me posted, Prime. I mean it."

  The Prime nodded and Fowler turned once more, entering the elevator and disappearing behind the door.

  "Wheeljack's on his way." Arcee said, looking up from one computer she was on.

  Her words caused Miko to shoot to her feet. "I can't believe you're giving up on Bulkhead already!"

  Arcee raised her hands in a surrender. "All I meant was Wheeljack and Bulkhead are close. I thought he'd want to be here."

  But Miko stopped listening. "I know what you meant." She said and stormed up to the elevator.

  "Miko, where are you going?" I twisted around to watch her.

  "Home!" She snapped, getting into the elevator. "While Agent Fowler can still give me a lift."

  Arcee and I both made a move to follow her, but Optimus stepped forward, shaking his head slightly.

  "She needs time." He said and I sighed, sitting back down. Jack sighed stressfully and then moved to help Finn and Raf wrap things up.

  Tox-En.... There has to be something we can do to get it out of Bulkhead's system. That would at least eliminate the poisoning.

  Wait.

  What if I...

  I stood suddenly. "I have an idea."

  Optimus turned to me, giving me a questioning look.

  "I can get the Tox-En out of Bulkhead's system." I said. "That would allow you to help him, right Ratchet?"

  The medic thought for a moment. "It would let me stabilize his condition, yes. But how could you possibly dispose of the Tox-En already in his system?"

  I allowed the silver dust to coat my hands. "With this."

  "Amanda-" Optimus looked unsure, but I gave him a pleading look.

  "Please, Optimus? Let me try."

  He thought for a long moment before stepping aside, allowing me to pass him to gain access to the medlab. I hurried in and climb onto the cot where Bulkhead lay, moving to sit at the top of his head. Then I placed both my hands on the wrecker's head, took a deep breath, and closed my eyes to focus the best I could.

  Reach into his system. Grab onto the Tox-En. Pull it out.

  The only thing I could feel for a moment was how my hands were rapidly heating, almost burning. No, they were burning, but I only felt it when the first wave of Tox-En was launched at me, out of Bulkhead's body. I wasn't expecting such a lash from it, so I let out a little pain filled gasp, but then clenched my jaw and prepared myself for the next wave. Truthfully, once I had the Tox-En, I didn't know what to do with it. I knew that it was seeping into my body, but it barely affecting me at all, which was a good sign. Hopefully Cleona's part of me wouldn't be as affected as well, otherwise I'd be in trouble.

  "Amanda."

  "Amanda, stop!"

  My hands were yanked away and my eyes shot open to see Finn in front of me, as well as Optimus' hand separating me from Bulkhead.

  "What are you two doing?" I demanded. "It was working!"

  "She's right." Ratchet said, scanning over Bulkhead's body and checking the results. "His Tox-En levels have decreased by 20%."

  Finn shook his head, his hands holding my wrists and forcing my palms to face the ceiling. "But look what it did."

  My hands were screaming red with the beginning of tiny blisters and looked slightly burned. I took shuddering breath. How did that happen so quickly? How did I not feel it happening?

  "It wasn't just your hands," Finn continued. "Your body language screamed that it was hurting you."

  I shook my head. "It's nothing, and it's still our best shot at helping Bulkhead. Unless anyone else has any ideas-" I paused, allowing anyone to speak up. No one did. "-Then this is all we have."

  "Amanda, I will not allow you to hurt yourself," Optimus said sternly. "Even if it means healing another. We do not exchange pain."

  I gave him a pleading look. "Optimus, please. Let me do this. I have these powers for a reason; let me use them to help Bulkhead."

  He didn't look like he wanted to, but he slowly took his hand away, his stern look still fixed on me. "The moment you cannot take any more, you stop. Is that understood?"

  "Yeah." I nodded.

  Finn shifted away, but not far. "And I'm watching you, so don't try to hide it. I know what you're like."

  I shot him a look and then replaced my hands on Bulkhead's head, regaining my focus and feeling the Tox-En in his system.

  Reach into his system. Grab onto the Tox-En. Pull it out.

  So I continued. I took little bits of Tox-En out of Bulkhead's system at a time, pacing myself so  that I could take more in the long run. It hurt, the more Tox-En entering my body, the more it seared through me, but I paid it little attention. I just wanted to help Bulkhead. At one point I heard the others talking, and a different voice that I assumed was Wheeljack. Soon after they started talking, though, they stopped, and my whole focus was back to the task at hand.

  But it became too much. I first noticed when my hand jerked back momentarily, but I ignored it the first time. Then it was getting harder to stay focused, my thoughts drifting all over the place. By the time I was finding it hard to breath, an arm wrapped around my waist and yanked me back. My trance was broken and I gasped for air, because I could hardly find any. That made me panic a bit, making it even harder to catch my breath.

  "Shhh." A hand rubbed my back and someone held me to their chest. "It's okay. You're okay."

  I finally took in a big gulp of air and my thoughts cleared enough to allow me to get a grasp at what was happening. Optimus was kneeling in front of the cot, eyes full of concern on me, while Ratchet was racing around from computer to computer. Raf and Jack were watching from the platform and their guardians were right next to them. Finn... Finn was the one holding me close, which made my heart skip. In any other situation, I would have liked being in this position, but now there were other things at hand.

  "How-" I started, but coughed, not realizing how drained I was. "How much is gone?"

  Ratchet narrowed his eyes at his screen. "Almost 80%. Which allows me to stabilize Bulkhead's condition... Good work, Amanda."

  I sighed in relief, allowing myself to relax more into Finn, who tightened his arms around me. Optimus probably saw how tired I was, so he held out his hand right in front of me, and Finn helped me climb onto it. The Prime carried me over to the living area, carefully laid me down on the couch, and then gave me a small smile.

  "You did well, Amanda." He said quietly. "Very well. Thank you."

  I could barely form a smile in response, words not forming as my mind and body shut down, and I fell into a dreamless sleep. (I highly recommend tuning into episode 16 now to see what happens with Miko and Wheeljack. Since I'm not changing that plot at all, I decided not to write it out)

~~

  When I woke up, the only thing I could feel were my aching muscles. It felt like I had just lifted a 100 pounds, making me sore and stiff. As I sat up slowly, I let out a little groan and forced myself to loosen my muscles.

  "Pleased to see you awake." I turned, ignoring the stab of pain, to see Finn walking towards me with a container in his hands. "You were completely out of it for the past hour."

  My jaw dropped. "I was asleep for an hour?"

  "A little more than, yeah. But you needed the rest; you looked ready to drop after taking all that Tox-En out of Bulkhead."

  "How's he doing?" I asked.

  Finn glanced back, towards the medlab. "He's better. After you took out most of the Tox-En, Ratchet was able to stabilize him. He's going to make it, but... he won't be the same."

  I chewed my lip. "There has to be more we can do."

  "We can't do anything until he wakes up." He said. "You've already exhausted yourself, and Ratchet can't operate anymore than he has. Speaking of which-" He held out the container in his hands. "I found some burn cream. For your hands."

  Confusion swept over me before I registered the numbing pain in my hands. I lifted them and turned my palms to the ceiling, sucking in a breath when I saw how bad they looked. There were blisters and burns covering them, making them a constant red.

  "They look awful." I muttered, moving my fingers slightly to test them out, but then stopped once pain shot up my arm.

  "Here." He took a seat next to me on the couch, twisted open the container and scooped some of the mint green goop inside onto his fingers. Then he held out his other hand for me to put my own on top. I did so and he gently spread the green goop, which was cool and soothed my burns.

  "Does this hurt?" He asked and I shook my head in response. As he put the burn cream on my hands, I surveyed the base. Arcee and Bumblebee were hovering near Ratchet's computer, looking at whatever the medic was showing them, and Optimus was behind them, also looking at the screen. Raf and Jack were on the platform right on top of Ratchet's computer, watching the entire scene as well. But Miko was missing, sending a pang of concern through me for my best friend.

  "Where's Miko?" I asked and Finn looked up.

  "She's still out." He replied. "I think she needs some time. We all want to be there for her... but Optimus was right. She needs to be alone for a bit, just to collect her thoughts."

  I sighed, leaning back as he started on my other hand. "I guess. Still-" My words stopped when I spotted Optimus heading out of the medlab and towards us, his eyes still full of concern.

  "Amanda." He said. "I'm glad you have awoken. How are you feeling?"

  I shrugged. "A little stiff, but it could be worse. I think the only part of me that really hurts are my hands, and this cream stuff is helping with that."

  "Good." His voice was relieved, but his expression stayed stressed. "You did well for Bulkhead. I cannot thank you enough for helping him to the extent you did."

  "Cleona chose me for a reason. I'm just doing what she would have."

  "And she chose correctly." His gaze went to Finn. "Thank you, Finn, for helping Amanda's burns."

  Finn nodded. "Anytime."

  The sound of footsteps at the front entrance to the base made us turn to see Wheeljack, who  was clutching his side, and Miko walk in with grim expressions on their faces. Miko looked especially down, her shoulders drooped and her gaze on the ground as she approached the main area of the base. At the sight of my best friend, I surged to my feet, then instantly regret it but stayed standing. The other Autobots also turned, watching the pair walk in. Arcee moved first, stepping in front of Miko, crouching to get closer to her, and then placing a hand on her shoulder.

  "Miko," Arcee's voice was full of unwavering concern. "Are you okay?"

  "She's fine." Wheeljack said lightly. "Kid's a pro."

  Arcee's gaze whipped up to him, her eyes slightly narrowed. "I wasn't talking to you."

  Miko paid both of them no attention, looking instead to Ratchet. "How is he?"

  "Bulkhead will survive." The medic said. "But... he may never be fully functional again."

  Tears welled up in my best friend's eyes and she ran past everyone, heading straight for the medlab. Ratchet stepped forward and started to say, "Miko, I don't think it's wise for you-", but Optimus put an arm out to block the medic from stopping her. We all stayed put after that, watching as Miko ran to Bulkhead and climbed onto his chest. She pulled her legs to her chest, put her forehead down on her knees, and her shoulders started shaking. I wanted to go comfort her, but I was frozen in place, knowing that she needed time.

  "I-" Wheeljack stepped back. "I'm not sure I want to see Bulk right now. Not like this." He turned to face Ratchet specifically. "Keep me posted." He said before transforming into his Ferrari vehicle mode and driving out of the base. My eyes stayed on Miko and Bulkhead, only one thought ringing around in my mind.

  Please be okay, Bulkhead. The team can't lose you. We can't lose you.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 644 47
"Sometimes, you never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory." -Dr.Seuss --- BOOK TWO OF THE LIGHTBLADE SERIES. SEQUEL TO UNKNOWN TERRI...
3.9K 186 13
Jack Darby's family has a long history of helping people, but his father's side of the family has a long history of being... well, slightly insane. J...
78.9K 764 23
The Autobots finally return to Earth with the threat of the decepticons back. This story mainly focuses on Jack Darby and his realtionship with his p...
11.7K 389 45
Lora is healing. The world she was pulled into only months ago fell apart, and only now is she starting to rebuild her life. But nothing is ever that...