Fragile Hearts

By ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... More

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 39

1.3K 149 30
By ShonaLover

Varna was sweating.Karuna entered her room.Lights switched on.She was scared to see Varna.Her face has turned white.She caught Karuna's hand.Her eyes looking lost.Karuna touched her cheeks.Finding her wet with sweat.She made her have water.Hugged her.It wasnt normal.For Varna to wake up.Ramya used to have dreams.Scared at nights.

K-"Varna what happened.

Look at me."

V-"Aththai Ramya."

Karuna didnt ask her more.Varna was crying.Hiding her face in her arms.It was shock for Karuna.To see strong Varna like that.She thought its.Sisters concern.She pulled quilt.On her.Lulled her to sleep.Falling asleep beside her.For night.

Ramya started crying.Rubbing her eyes with he hand.Vivaan switched on lamp.He was scared.To hear his wife's cries.He gave her water.She was still.Sobbing.He took her in his arms.She clutched on his.Shirt and cried.Trying to keep herself safe.Vivaan was clueless.She never did like that.He patted her head.Kissed there.

V-"Ramya you got scared.Im here.

Come.Stop crying."

He made her lay.She shifted to his arms.He kissed her head.Rubbing her arms.Ti give her comfort.She was still scared.Remembering nightmare.Darkness haunted her.Her clutch.On him made him more scared.He frowned.Touching her cheeks.He went to kiss her.Lips to ease her.She moved her face.Her face was white.With fear.Vivaan wished.For first time.If he knew.Somethings about his wife.Part of her.Wasnt with him.He knew whom it was.He lay wide awake.In thoughts.Putting her to sleep.

Two weeks passed.Varna was at office.Reading file.They signed an important.Deal today.She was slowly.Feeling how normal life is lived.Her temper issues have reduced.She smiles.Alone and Shakthi played.Role in that.He was mischievous around her.Who would say.They were going to be husband wife.Look like friends.Thats what Karuna says.Watching them.Varna dropped file.From her hand.Feeling someone hugging her from back.

Sh-"Soon to be Mrs Shakthi.

Scared."

V-"I will kill you.Shakthi.Whats with.

Your weird acts."

Shakthi came front.Facing her with laugh.She frowned.Keeping file on table.He pulled her cheeks.When he touch her.There was awkwardness.She felt.She wanted to get rid.Because of him.He has been trying hard.For their relationship.She also wanted to.Belong to him.She hit him.Playfully till he circled his arms around her.Varna was feeling conscious.

V-"Shakthi we have people.This is office.

What brings you here."

Sh-"Is there rule.Cant hug your fiance.At office.

Tell me page no.Rule no.In Varna Shetty's law book.I came here.For reason.

We are going for.Shopping Atthai called."

V-"Shopping and me.I have work.Appa is not here too.

Take Aththai.She will love your company."

Sh-"I would love to.I thought.Should inform you.If later.

Create ruckus.Ramya's baby shower dates.Came and we need to.get gifts for that."

Varna's eyes widened.She wanted to see.Ramya since long.She only remembered her voice.Faint and weak over phone.Many times she wanted to.Take flight and go to her.Give her hug.What stopped her.Her heart knew.She shut her eyes.Feeling Shakthi's hands.On her shoulder.He squeezed there.

Sh-"Its ok.Will meet her soon.Its next week.

Come lets go."

V-"Shakthi I need.Your help."

In Hyderabad all were busy.With preparations in house.Ramya's baby shower.Going to happen in evening.Vikram and Satya were.Busy with work.Reyansh was bickering.With Nandini over some color.Vivaan came down dressed.Wiping sweat.Reyansh went to him.With raised brows.His brother looked.Angry and annoyed.From morning Vivaan was up.He has reduced work hours.Take care of Ramya.

R-"Anna you look.Tensed.Dont worry.

Its not your.Shower ceremony."

V-"Rey Im not in mood.Leave me alone.Whats with flowers.

Why have they.Not fixe dit.Guests will start coming.Mom will shout again."

R-"Relax Anna.Everything will be done.Sit I will get.Coffee for you.

Ramya anni is ready?"

V-"She is furious.Mood swings took storm.

Dont know.How to handle her.Crying for some saree color."

R-"oh no.Its Nandu's fault.Have asked her.To manage dress.

Should be with her Anna."

V-"What should I do.She doesnt need me.

Its all one person.She needs.I know.Why she is angry.Upset for."

Vivaan sulked.Got up from stairs.Walking away.Reyansh was sitting.His mind worked.He knew reason was.Varna not coming to ceremony.She was busy for some work.This didnt go well.With Ramya.Her love for sister.Was not normal.Twins were unbreakable.Bond was from heart.Reyansh remembered.Him sharing with Nandini.If this bond.Ever came between Vivaan and Ramya.He could understand Vivaan's situation.

Ramya looked beautiful.Glowing in white and maroon.Color saree.Her hair were braided with flowers.Nandini was done with her make up.She made her wear bangles.She pinched Ramya's cheeks.Making her pout.Kissed her head.Nandini was wonderful sister.To Ramya.Since she came to house.Both gelled with.It was for her she didnt.Feel sad.Separating from Varna.Today was special day.In her life.She wanted her to be here.From call she received.She was furious.

N-"Looking lovely.Chubby mother.Ramya look at me.

Remove this pout.Ruin the makeup."

R-"Thanks Nandu.You do so much.For me.

Sorry for my rude behavior.Im idiot."

N-"No you are cute.Too adorable.Im your sister.

Cant take Varna's place.Im here whenever you need."

Nandini left to get ready.When Vivaan entered room.He saw his wife.Smiled seeing her beauty.He moved to bed.Ramya felt bad.She has seen him trying.Hard for time.To be with her.Take care of her.He was blessing as husband.She bit her lips.Expressing regret over her actions.She opened her eyes.Finding him near her.Through mirror.She giggled.Catching his fingers on her shoulder.He kissed her cheek.

R-"Im sorry Vivaan.Im idiot.

Becoming rude."

V-"Becoming beautiful.Hard for me.To control.

Can we cancel plan.For today.Go for.Honeymoon."

R-"Result of your honeymoon.Is inside me.Shameless.

Tell me.Dont I look fat.They made me wear saree.I look like balloon."

V-"No worries.I can play.With balloon.

No one else can."

He helped her to get up.He looked at her.She told him something.Was missing.He raised brows.When she asked him.Get her wedding chain.He tied it.Around her neck.Setting other things.She smiled.He clicked selfie with her.Another one where.She kissed her cheek.Bit his nose.He glared at her.He was relieved Ramya.Was back.

Ceremony started.Shivani , Lata and other ladies joined.Completing with rituals.Vivaan was beside Ramya first.They clicked some pictures.Afterwards he went to mens gang.Standing and admiring his wife.Glow was visible.On Ramya's face of would be mother.She was smiling.Sadness was behind her smile.Karuna and Prakash came.Blessing her.She hugged Ramya.Kissed her keeping gift.On her lap.Ramya had face down.

K-"Dont make face.What will people say.For Vivaan.

See he is worried for you."

Karuna said something.To her ear.She was confused.She looked at Vivaan.He asked her.she was alright.She nodded.Other ladies did rituals.Each coming.Giving gift to her.Saying something her ear.She was finding it fun.She didnt knew.If baby will be boy or girl.Vivaan wanted girl.She couldnt wait.Hold her baby in her arms.Her dreams of.Raising baby up.With Vivaan beside her.Kept her busy.When it was time for Vivaan.To come.He walked to her.With smirk and happy.It was his time.

Before Vivaan could place.His gift on her lap.All turned to see.Someone arriving.Prakash and Karuna smiled.Receiving Shakthi.Dressed in simple wear.He greeted everyone.Ramya's heart pained.See him there.He could come.All came except Varna.Vivaan wanted to go.Ramya held him back.Making face.

V-"Ramya doesnt look good.Let me receive him."

R-"No need.Sit with me.Why did he come.

Before marriage.He changed Varna.After marriage.Will make her.forget everything."

V-"Ramya you are mad.

Do you know."

Vivaan stopped back with her.Shakthi came to them.Hugged Vivaan.Bent down to Ramya.She faintly smiled.He gave her gift.From his side.Small teddy bear.Ramya loved it.Her anger vanished away.Vivaan stood with hands.On hips.Ramya shrugged off her shoulders.Shakthi looked confused.He wanted to say something.When few men came with.Something.Everyones eyes followed.Ramya took help from.Vivaan to get up.He frowned too.

Ramya's eyes moistened.Seeing cradle.Imagining her baby would be.There in some time.She clutched.Vivaan's hands.He smiled back.Feeling same.But he looked at Shakthi.He felt weird.Him bringing many gifts.When Shakthi  moved his head sideways.Pointing to door.Everyone present found.Gift worthy of praise.Karuna remembered something.She was confused.Till Shakthi came to stand beside her.Blinking eyes.She remembered.Memories of Ramya and Varna.Sleeping in same cradle.

K-"Ramya this is same.Cradle where you.Varna used to sleep.Mother designed it both.

Of you.When she knew.She was having twins.But this looks.Redesigned.

Shakthi did.Super job."

Ramay didnt knew.How to react.She was slowly.Gulping pain of past.Memories of childhood.Mother's absence.Varna not coming.Her happiness was.There thinking her baby.Will sleep in same cradle.Where she used to.Along with her sister.She wiped tears.Vivaan smiled.He wanted to thank.Shakthi for doing it.He is one who.Made it to lighten Ramya's mood.In best manner.

Sh-"Before you thank me.Im not one.Behind this.

Person is someone else.Who redesigned and planned.It.for months.Special gift for Ramya.

From her special.Person in life.Guess?"

Others remained confused.Karuna was in tears.Knowing who it was.Prakash and Vivaan were.Confused when Ramya went to cradle.Touched it.Swinging it slowly.Gush of tears made way.Down her cheeks.When Shakthi went to her.She looked at him.With tears.He asked her.Not to cry.Winking at her.She giggled.She remembered Varna.

R-"I dont want.Her gift.Wanted her.

She ditched my baby.Varna Shetty is bad."

Sh-"Undoubtedly in times.But today she proved.Me too.

She is best.Sister one can have.She loves you Ramya.Unconditionally.

Most in world.Want proof?"

Shakthi moved from her view.In door was standing.Varna looking down.Concious of what would people.Think about her.She was dressed.In saree startling Karuna.Prakash knew why she decided stay back.Planning surprise for Ramya.he prayed for daughters bond.Remain like that forever.Ramya couldnt wait.Hurried her steps.Not caring about her state.Vivaan frowned to stop.Shivani held him back.

Varna was still.Standing in doorstep.Ramya hugged her tightly.She wrapped her arms.Around her.Both sisters.Busy with reunion.Of tears and feelings pouring out.All watched them smiling.Nandini went to receive Varna.She came out of hug.She greeted everyone.Touching feet.Ramya caught her hand.Claiming her as her.Sole property.Varna looked uncomfortable.Till Shakthi was on her side.Everyone noticed.Ramya's face lit up.Suddenly with excitement.She was back to chirpy.

R-"Hate you Varna.Bad girl.Said you wont come.

Whats with surprise.When did you start.With this."

V-"What do you think.Only you can.Brat I was.teasing you.

Did you like gift.Its ok.if you planned something else.For baby.Keep this as token of love.

From Amma.As blessing.I got it.Redesigned."

Ramya hugged her again.Not ready to leave her.She kissed her cheeks.Varna stopped tears.From coming back.They missed their mother's presence.She pinched Ramya's cheeks.Sister moment was broken by.Reyansh and others.Started clicking pictures.Nandini and Shakthi too joined.While they were busy.Celebrating happy mood.One person was in corner.Standing with face.Didnt look happy.

Vivaan was still.Thinking about gift.His eyes went to special gift.For Ramya that wasnt.By him.He wasnt jealous.He smiled looking at cradle.It made him feel.About presence of his baby.Then he thought.It disturbed him again.Why he wasnt one to think.Like that.He couldnt bring smile on his wife's face.He watched Ramya and Varna.Posing for pictures.Ramya smiled looking happy.Varna looked conscious.She was there.For her sister.Why it made him feel.Insecure to have to share.His wife with someone special to her.Top of that.He found color blue.Decorated on cradle.Ramya and he havent.Discussed about baby.It will be he or she.Varna made it blue.

..........................................................................................................

Guess what.I was missing.Fragile hearts badly.Like everyone.Wish I was reader as well.Didnt had plans to udpate.New chapter till.Other stories wrapped up.

Its because of readers love.My love for this book.Hope you can.Still connect to this.Havent forgotten yet.

Varna got special gift.For Ramya.Is there any hint.On her gift.Think.

Please do not forget.To vote and comment.

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 18.7K 60
Cover Design: @DSPranushka at DS Creations Highest Rank:#46 in Romance on 16/06/2018 This is the story of Vedanth and Jwala who are totally opposite...
29.4K 1.4K 23
All Rights Reserved. Rank #7 in suspense out of 5k stories for 5 days Rank #8 in suspense out of 5k stories for 4 days. Rank #9 in suspense out of 4k...
31.7K 2.2K 25
Marry you pls me will ? - Huh ? Did I read it right ?? Yes you did ! Weird title but why is it so ?? Read to find out ! 😜😁 This is a short fanficti...
6.1K 284 22
A peak into the future with our beloved Darling and Sweety. The short series revolves around pranushka and what the future holds for them. Prabhas a...