Never Looking Back ✔

By serial-chiller

Completed. More

Hey
story aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter 29

52.2K 1.8K 184
By serial-chiller

Chapter 29

Happy reading! :)

Emily's POV.

I froze.

Girlfriend?

Did he just call her his girlfriend?

I felt like my heart was ruthlessly stabbed. Stabbed by him. The only thing is left to kill me physically! Why don't you do it too daniel! Why hurting me with all these things.

Tears appeared in my eyes and I tried to blink them back. Gosh, why am I behaving like this? He is just a guy. I should not feel this hurt, but I can't help.

I can't fucking help.

I am stronger than this. I have been through so much more than this in life. And it's just a mere boy. I should not get so hung upon it.

It's just a stupid crush. It will go away.

The thing that I know is that.

Daniel Clifford doesn't do girlfriends. That's the fact that I have established since I started working here.

She maybe his bed buddy but she can't be his girlfriend.

Or is she really his girlfriend?

Is he doing this to make me jealous? Is he doing this because of what happened that night?

But why?

What the fuck!?

I am not buying this shit!

I looked at him trying to comprehend why he was doing this? But his poker face gave nothing away. I then looked at her and she was smiling.

Does he really like her that he decided to make her his girlfriend?

Or did he get her pregnant?

The latter can be possible. Definitely. It is the only reason he has made her his girlfriend. Bastard! Couldn't he use protection or can't this girl be on pills?

Damn. I should not really think so ahead. Probably he just likes her. I held back the bile that rose up by looking at their intertwined hands.

It could be us.

But you don't like me.

I thought bitterly.

"Isn't she the one who was with david your brother at friday night babe?". I almost gagged when I heard the word 'babe'.

They look gross together.

"Yes. She is his friend and my PA". He answered looking at me and bianca nodded and smiled at me. Huh. I don't need your fake smiles bitch.

Yeah. I am just his PA.

Fuck PA! Bastard! I thought that we were friends at least! Guess I was wrong.

I think I should speak now. "You guys look gro-great together". I lied, God! I was just about to say gross. I really need a filter for my mouth.

"Thank you." She said and gave daniel a quick peck on the lips. I averted my gaze from their shameless PDA.

"Uh-I should go". I muttered.

I then went to the nearby hotel to grab lunch. From some days usually I just order something and it is reached to my office but I feel like going out.

I went in and was about to sit alone when I saw cheryl and noah sitting on one of the tables. My only friends in the world besides david and daniel. Well, I considered daniel a friend. I haven't been much of a friend to cheryl and noah  since past weeks. I was always working in my office or I ordered food in my office or I was with daniel grabbing lunch with him. The thought of him left a bitter taste in my mouth. So I didn't hang out with them much. I only see them in office for a few seconds saying hi nothing more.

I wonder if they even consider me a friend now. Well, it doesn't hurt to say hi to them.

"Hi guys". I smiled at them.

"So you finally remember us now!". Noah said dramatically.

"Come on, sit with us". Cheryl was kind enough to say.

I told the waiter to set a chair for me with their table and he did as I asked.

"How are you guys?". I asked.

"Great now that you remember us". Noah's reply came and I chuckled. My eyes went to their interwined hands and widened a bit.

"Am I missing something?". I said gesturing towards their hands.

Cheryl smiled and was the first one to say. "We are together". She went forward and placed a light kiss on his cheek.

What?

Wow.

It was kind of weird for me to see them but nonetheless they were cute.

"Congrats". I said awkwardly. I am truly happy for them.

"Thank you". They both said. Their food then arrived as they had already ordred before I got here. I ordered mine short after and was now enjoying my cheeseburger and fries.

"So...how did you guys get together?". I asked.

They told me their cute story on how noah has always been crushing on cheryl but she was too blinded to see that and then cheryl got heartbroken over a boy. Noah was there to help her and she realized that it always has been him and then noah asked her out and all that happened now they are together.

Guess I am the only single person in this world.

"We are going out tonight. Do you want to join us?". Cheryl asked.

Third wheeling? Hell no!

"No. I don't want to get between the two of you". I smiled.

"No. You can join us! We are going to a club and maybe you can find a hot guy there". She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Hmm. That actually doesn't sound bad.

My mind went to daniel and bianca. Their intertwined hands and all that stuff. And I shook my head. Maybe I'll find a distraction there.

"Yes. I'll come." I quickly agreed.

*****

I reached home at around seven. Thankfully at work I didn't get to face daniel much only when it was really really necessary. But you know that it is still kinda hard since I am his assistant.

I am tired and all I want to do is sleep and eat. But since I have already made plans with cheryl and noah. I guess I have to go. I can't cancel on them on last minute. They I don't think they would mind really if I'll even cancel upon them.

After what seems like hours I was ready. I looked at the mirror feeling more than pleased with my look.

I was wearing a tight white halter neck dress. It was hot but not slutty. My dark brown hair was straightened. My make up was done nice. Everything was kept at minimum but my lips were painted hot red.

I felt like wearing it tonight.

*****

We were now at the club drinking. Cheryl and noah picked me up from my apartment and now are dancing dirty. I am still not used to them being together.

I looked around feeling feeling immensely bored. I went to take a drink. "Give me a strong drink". I said to the cute bartender. He looked around my age.

"Coming cutie". He replied with a wink and made me a drink. I blushed under the dim lights.

After a while I knew I was wasted. I knew I did ask for a strong drink but that didn't mean it had to be this strong. But then again I drank too much of that.

Glass after glass.

That's why people go to club right? To drink, to get laid. Last one isn't going to happen to me as I am very much a virgin and I just don't want to give it to just any random guy I meet at club.

I am saving it for someone special. Someone I really like.

I looked around to see noah and cheryl but I could not see either of them. Probably doing something naughty. I giggled at my ridiculous thoughts.

So they pretty much left me alone. Guess I should just find myself someone at the dancing floor. Who will dance with me and give me a ride home. Seems reasonable?

No.

No way in hell I am going to take a ride with a stranger. He could be a rapist for all I know.

Shaking my head. I went to the dance floor stumbling here and there.

I grinned when I saw that I have reached at the floor without creating a big buzz.

The song blasting was great. I haven't heard it before but I like it. I don't understand what the female singer is singing or is it male?

I laughed and just danced like crazy not having a care in the world. I was still dancing when two hands were placed at my waist from behind I turned around to see who the culprit was and my eyes were met with a broad chest.

I lifted my face to see the guy's face but through dim lights and my not so good vision I could not see much and I was too much involved in dancing to see who the person is.

"I -I want to dance alone. Better remove your hands before I kil- kill them". I stuttered and then giggled at my words.

"I mean break them". I said and then grinned that I got the words right.

"You look beautiful". The person whispered in my ear.

"Why thank you". I smiled.

"But n- no- not everyone think that". I said with sadness in my voice.

"Really. But I can't see a single person here who is not captivated by your beauty".

"Really?". I asked and then placed my head on the stranger's chest.

"Yes emily". The person said. I froze. I maybe was very drunk but I knew it better that I have not told this stranger my name besides his voice seems familiar.

Justin bieber is that you?

I lifted my head to see his face and jsut then at teh moment the dim dancing club lights hit his face and my breath hitched.

"Daniel". I whispered.

I pushed his chest but he only tightened his hold.
"You. You are here". I said stupidly.

Before I knew he pressed his lips on mine and we were both kissing hungrily. It was heaven. I tugged at his hair. Loving the way his lips feel against mine.

And just like that the whole night passed by in blur and we ended up making passionate love again and again in his room.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 343 20
Just when you thought you landed the best job in the world well think again.
29.8K 906 23
𝘼 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙘 𝙢𝙖𝙛𝙞𝙖 𝙤𝙗𝙨𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮.
8.8K 196 20
𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎.
91.9K 3.8K 27
𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦.