Marion's Hideaway

By DumDiddlyDoofus

How often do we look deep inside ourselves, looking for happiness, only to find a whole new world? Marion, a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Perfection Dies
Chapter 2: In A Forest Of Ignorance
Chapter 3: A Question Ignited
Chapter 4: The Road Less Traveled
Chapter 6: A Stuffed Nightmare
Chapter 7: A Light In The Dark
Chapter 8: Burning Time
Chapter 9: Fears Unearthed
Chapter 10: Climate Change

Chapter 5: Welcome To Uruthyn

31 1 9
By DumDiddlyDoofus

I managed to keep my eyeballs in my head, however, the same could not be said for the breath in my lungs. Uruthyn was like nothing I had ever seen before. I looked down at a blood-red sky containing an auburn sun, and a vast landscape of dark land with a smoking volcano in the middle. And I looked up at a green sky with a violet sun, and a stretch of mountains, all covered in deep snow. Two sides. A top and a bottom. Complete opposites of one another. "So, first stop, that volcano." Tuck said. "What, you mean we have to get inside that thing?" I questioned. "If we want to get to the top, yes." Tuck responded. I walked to the top of a hill, looking upon the lands in awe. "So how do we get down to the volcano?" I said as I stared down at our desired location. "Simple." He said as he pushed me off the cliff with his boot. And so I fell to what I realized was my inevitable demise. I descended through clouds of smoke at a rapid pace. Before I knew it, "Oof!" I said as I landed softly, "O-oof? What? I'm not dead?!" Tuck landed next to me, soft as a feather. "Don't question it. That's just the way things work around here." He stated nonchalantly, dusting the ashes off his clothes. I stared as he slipped out a notebook and pen. "So, we landed safely, that's good." He said as he made a check on his list, "Next step" He removed his pack and pulled out a picnic basket. "Lunch?"

We had found a cozy crater to lounge in, munching on our sandwiches. "So what's in this volcano, anyway? A basin of magical prune juice that'll give us jet boosters to replace our toes?" I mocked. "Close. There's a guide there that'll take us to the top." Tuck said between bites. "Hm, not quite as cool as my idea, but it'll do." I finished my lunch and laid on my back. Unfortunately, there were no clouds for me to look upon; only snow-covered mountain peaks. "These two opposite ends used to be one, you know." Tuck said. "But this place is falling apart. I worry that our Forest may not stay perfect forever." He finished. "I don't think we need to worry. Worrying never fixes anything." I said as I made ash angels. Tuck just sighed and skimmed through his notebook. I stood up and pulled out my sword, "You know, I still haven't had to use this. Guess this place isn't as dangerous as you thought." I laughed. "Don't jinx it." Tuck said sternly. "Oh come on, I've never even heard of such a term." I said as I found myself sinking in an awfully soft patch of ash. "Well there. I'm screwed. You happy now?" I spilled just before my head submerged.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.8K 2K 33
Fatima is a young and beautiful Muslim wife, her life gets turnt upside down when her husband gets a second wife.This is due to her not being able to...
Khalifa By laiba

Mystery / Thriller

1.7M 98.1K 56
✵ featured ~ ❝Once upon a time in Baghdad, a street girl teaches the Khalifa of the kingdom why a king needs a queen.❞ ✵ Started: June 5, 2021. Comp...
OBSESSED By thisbejaja

Mystery / Thriller

81.2K 3.6K 24
obsessed
10.2K 767 27
The transfer student couldn't me anything more special.But part of me want to help her.Why? Sooha thought to herself, she decided to help the new st...