The Lucky Bump

By liv814

{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His... More

Prologue | Rock With You
Characters | Tattoo
Chapter 1 | Start of Something New
Chapter 2 | Party in the USA
Chapter 3 | Summer Shade
Chapter 4 | Friends
Chapter 5 | She Looks So Perfect
Chapter 6 | Crush
Chapter 7 | A Million Dreams
Chapter 8 | Same Girl
Chapter 9 | M. I. A.
Chapter 10 | Treat You Better
Chapter 11 | My Dilemma
Chapter 12 | Rewrite the Stars
Chapter 13 | 10,000 Hours
Chapter 14 | You Belong with Me
Chapter 16 | Better With You
Chapter 17 | He Could Be the One
Chapter 18 | Nobody But You
Chapter 19 | Walk with Me
Chapter 20 | Marry You
Epilogue | Perfect
Playlist | Yeah!
Other Stories & A/N
Life with Colton

Chapter 15 | Last First Kiss

14K 301 56
By liv814

Love can happen at any moment. Some don't wait for it to happen, while others just wait till it hits them. It's something you can't really plan. Either way, love is one of the most magical things one can experience. It gives you happiness, adrenaline, and desire. The need to explore with your significant other. Learning more and more about that person and still falling for them every day. Love is amazing and Hailey way quickly finding that out.

Hailey giggled as she twirled in Zac's hold. She felt herself becoming lighter and happier than she's ever been. She didn't have to deal with Jordan anymore and she was in the arms of the boy she liked. Nothing could ruin the way she was feeling.

"Have I told you how gorgeous you look in this dress?" Zac asked with a grin. The moment Zac got Hailey to himself, he was over the moon. Everyone could finally know that she was his and only his. The desire to kiss her only intensified with the way she bit the bottom lip to keep herself from grinning. It was damn mesmerizing.

"No." Hailey giggled. She wrapped her arms around his neck as his gripped her hips. When Jordan did that, she felt uncomfortable. Under Zac's hold, she felt sparks from his touch, winding up the butterflies in her stomach.

"Well then Foster, you are breathtaking! You are hands down the most gorgeous girl in this entire room, if not the world." Zac said it casually. Hailey couldn't stop the heat that was creeping onto her face. Zac knew how to make her blush and she was sure that he enjoyed every second of it.

They continued to sway, staring into each other's eyes. The slow song that had been playing change to an upbeat one. Even during the junping from their surroundings classmates, they stayed in each other's arms. They talked about everything and anything.

Hailey couldn't get enough of this boy. She was addicted. He was like a drug. No rehab can fix it. He was perfect, even with his flaws. She was noticing that she may be falling for him. She only hoped he'd be there to catch her.

"Zac! I have been looking everywhere for you." Zac heard her annoying voice purr. He groaned. He slightly pushed Hailey back who was resting her head on his chest.

"Sasha, I fucking told you that I wasn't coming to the dance with you. How many times do I have to tell you that we are done? I don't want you anymore." Zac told Sasha. Her blue eyes began to well with tears. Zac felt bad about his outburst, but she needed to get it through that thick skull of hers. They were never, ever getting back together.

"But Zac!" Sasha screamed. Everyone nearby was now watching them like a hawk. Hailey didn't like it. Zac and her were in such a great mood. Sasha Nelson just had to ruin it.

"Sasha, just go." Zac said. He narrowed his eyes, testing her. She looked at Hailey and began to glare.

"This is all your fault bitch!" Sasha shouted. Zac let out an exasperated sigh. He was done with her and her drama, too.

"Sasha, just go before you make an even bigger fool of yourself." Zac said. He looked around and saw that they indeed had drawn a crowd. Some even had their phones out. He was sure Sasha would be publicly humiliated all over social media.

"This isn't over." She huffed. She took a turn and walked off. Sac wasn't even sure what he was attracted to when it came to her. It must have been purely his yanno doing most of the thinking. Because now that he had Hailey, no one would ever he able to compare to her. She was damn right beautiful, inside and out.

"I'm sorry about her." Zac cooed. He wrapped his arms around Hailey and laid her head back onto his chest. That's where she belonged. They rocked side to side as Hailey hugged his body. She felt secure in his arms.

"She's a nut job. I'd hate to be related to her." Hailey joked. Zac chuckled, making his chest vibrate.

"Alright Freedom High School, this is the last song of the dance." The DJ said into a microphone. Hailey smiled as they swayed to the slow song. She paid no attention to her surroundings and focused on the boy in front of her.

He was perfect in every way, shape or form. Zac had climbed his way into her heart. He was sweet and caring. He paid attention to the little things, like the fact that she loved cookies and cream icecream. His laugh made her weak at the knees. She loved the way his eyes sparkle when he talks about the sport he loved. Hailey could listen to him all day and never get bored. His intelligence was his biggest quality, not that his attractiveness isn't. Hailey couldn't complain about that either. He was built in the most perfect way, like he was a god. His jaw structure and perfect lips.

Hailey groaned at that thought. She still hadn't kissed him. She looked up and saw that he was watching her with a curious look. She felt her cheeks heat up. She was glad he couldn't read her mine because she was sure he'd tease her about. She just couldn't help herself.

"Everything okay in that pretty little brain of yours?" Zac asked. He could see the internal battle going on in her eyes. There was something on her mind.

"Nothing." Hailey said too quickly. Zac chuckled.

"There's something definitely on your mind babe." Zac said. He could hear the song beginning to end.

"It's just - well you see the thing is." Hailey began to explain. She felt herself becoming flabbergasted at the thought of telling him she wants him to be her first kiss. She should already have had this experience. She's a senior in high school.

"Hailey, what's wrong?" He asked softly. Hailey let her eyes land on his lips. They were right there. She just had to plant her own on his. It wouldn't be that hard.

Zac watched as her eyes traveled to his lips. Hailey's cheeks were subconsciously heating up. He wanted to chuckle at the reaction, but didn't. He couldn't stop focusing on the girl staring at his lips. Did she have the same desire be had about wanting to kiss her? She began to bite her lip, preventing herself from talking.

"Hailey?" He whispered. Hailey stopped staring at his lips and looked into those big brown orbs. Why couldn't she just come out and say it? She just had to spit it out. What was the worst that could happen?

"I want you to be my first kiss." Hailey whispered. It wasn't meant to be so quiet, but she didn't want anyone else knowing she hadn't reached that milestone in life. "I haven't had my first kiss yet."

Hailey looked down, embarrassed. She knew she shouldn't have been, considering that Zac was very understanding. She just didn't want to see the surprise in his eyes. She suddenly didn't feel good enough.

Zac was known to be with girls left and right. He had one night stands and shameless hook ups. He was experienced in it all while the most she had ever been were hugs and the forehead kisses he gave her. What if she wasn't good at it? She didn't want to disappoint him. She then felt his hand on her chin. He tipped it upwards, causing her to look into his eyes. They were a darker shade, filled with desire. She gulped.

As Hailey said those words, Zac's heart rate began to quicken up. He knew that she hadn't shared that part of her life yet. He was going to be her first boyfriend. His heart skipped a beat at that thought. But he was even more intrigued by this girl with her asking him to kiss her.

He was planning on doing it anyway, but the tone in her voice as she asked him to be her first kiss, he couldn't contain the want he had for her. He was overjoyed, over the moon, to be her first kiss. That meant no one else had the privilege to do what he was about to do. It excited him more than it ever should.

"Hailey," Zac said softly. His hand was still on her chin. He slid it up and rested it on her cheek. He could feel the heat in them. He looked down at her lips. They were full and plush. He couldn't wait to feel them against his. "I want to be your last. Baby, let me be your last first kiss."

Hailey was shocked at his words, but that didn't give her enough time to register them into her brain. She quickly felt his lips on hers. She didn't know how to respond. She was still in shock. Zac Logan was kissing her. She was having her first kiss. He was her first kiss! Her brain then shut off.

She felt his hands grip her waist, pulling her in to his body. She wrapped her arms tight around his neck, moving her lips against his. They were soft and tasted like red vines and vanilla. His cologne filled her nose as she struggled to catch her breath. She had to pull away, needing air.

Zac laid his forehead against hers, breathing hard. That was the best kiss he had ever felt. He had imagined kissing this girl since the day he met her and actually doing it, was nothing like he imagined. It was better!

"Woah." Hailey whispered. Her eyes were still closed. She had to take in the entire movement. She didn't want to forget it. She just had her first kiss and it was with someone amazing. It was amazing.

"I have been waiting so long to do that." Zac said. Hailey's eyes widened. She was staring into his eyes. Her heart rate began to relax as she saw no regret in his eyes. She was afraid that he wouldn't want to ever do it again, because she did. She loved the way his lips moved against hers. The way his hands grip her hips, bring her body flush against his. The way he took control. She loved every second of it.

"I never thought that's what kissing felt like. I'm kind of mad I hadn't been doing that sooner." Hailey said, letting the words tumble out. She opened her eyes wide. Zac's eyes darkened.

"I'm glad you haven't. I love the fact that i'm your first kiss. No one else knows how your lips taste." Zac said. He leaned in and connected his lips to hers. Hailey kissed back instantly. He felt himself smiling as their lips moved in sync. He wanted to deepen it, but they were still in the gym. It would have to wait until they were alone.

"About time!" They heard. They broke away, both of them breathing hard. Hailey felt the sparks still on her lips. She touched her lips, smiling. Her first kiss was better than she could have ever imagined.

"Come on. You have to help the boys set up." Mariah said. She was the one to interrupt them. Zac was kind of glad because he wanted to continue with Hailey, but in private. "And, we have to get you into another outfit. Now come on."

Zac rolled his eyes at her dramatics. He reached for Hailey's hand and pulled her into his hold. Hailey gasped at the sudden movement. He then began to follow Mariah. Hailey at his side. He glanced at her as the exited the building. She looked beautiful, even more than before. She was glowing as she bit her bottom lip, trying to contain the smile that was threatening to escape. He loved being the reason for that grin.

"So Nate and Bella left to get the alcohol. Evan is waiting for you, so that you can get started with the setup. Hailey and I are going to spread the word. The dance is about to end anyway." Mariah said. Zac nodded. He didn't want to leave Hailey, but he knew he'd have plenty of time with her.

"Alright. See you guys at the house." Zac said. He let go of Hailey's hand, bringing his face close to hers. He heard her breath hitch, making him grin. He then gave her a chaste kiss, walking away with a smirk. He loved making her feel nervous. He took a glance back and saw that she was fighting the grin again. He smiled. This night was beginning to be perfect.

"Not that i'm not happy and all, but damn, you can't keep him off you. I swear that boy has been whipped since the day he met you. Remember the last party he had, he wouldn't leave your side. Who knew it was love at first sight." Hailey heard Mariah rant. Hailey smiled at the distant memories. Her heart skipped a beat at the word love.

Could this really be love? She didn't know what it felt like or what it would be like. She just knew that she liked being around Zac. She couldn't see herself without him in her life. He had wormed his way into it and she never wanted him to leave.

"Alright, now, how was it? The kiss!" Mariah asked. Hailey's cheeks heated up. "Actually, let's wait for Bella. She'd kill me if you discussed it without her. Now come on."

Mariah began to walk back towards the gym. Students were beginning to leave. Mariah then took her phone out of her clutch and began to type. Students everywhere were on their phones.

"Party at my house at 10!" Mariah shouted. Everyone began to buzz with excitement. "Nothing a little text couldn't do. Now come on."

Mariah began to walk back towards the parking lot. They had all come in separate vehicles so that they could each do their own task for the party. Mariah had her Range Rover parked. She quickly got in. Hailey doing the same.

When they got to the Carter mansion, Hailey was not expecting that. It was huge! It was this big like white box type house. It had many windows, that overlooked the beach and the backyard. It was gorgeous! Hailey could only imagine the sunsets.

"This is amazing." Hailey gushed. Mariah chuckled.

"It's awesome alright. Sometimes I wish my dad would have bought a house a little simpler. But, I do love these windows. And the pool!" Mariah said. They walked further into the house.

Hailey couldn't believe that she was here. It had this open floor plan that let everything be seen. It was surely going to help keep the party under control. The windows allowed the backyard to be seen as well. The pool looked magnificent in the moonlight. The beach was just icing on the cake.

"About time Mar, these couches are heavy." Evan said. He wiped his hands, seeing Hailey. "Oh hey. Zac is outside."

"That's cool. But, we need to go get changed." Mariah said full of sass. Evan rolled his eyes and walked into the direction of the kitchen. Mariah then grabbed Hailey's hand and dragged her up the stairs. Hailey was in awe with the view from the second floor. "My room is this way."

They walked down the hall, passing rooms like a in-home gym, a movie room, a music room, and a room that only had pillows. Hailey questioned what rich people did to have these ridiculous things.

Mariah then opened the door to her bedroom. It was white with splashes of pink. She had a king size bed with white and pink throw plows. She had windows all on one side, over looking the pool. A white chandelier hung on one side, above a pink round futon. She had a white vanity with a pink plush chair. The whole room screamed Mariah.

"Your room is amazing." Hailey said. Mariah chuckled.

"Thanks, but let's find you a new outfit." She answered, waving off the compliment. She walked into a closet which seemed bigger than Hailey's room at home. It was full of shoes, shirts, skirts, dresses, handbags, and belts. "Found it!"

Mariah gave Hailey a hanger. It had a sparkly silver material hanging from it. Mariah then handed her a pair of nude pumps. Hailey inspected it. Unsure of what she had in her hands.

"What is this?" Hailey asked. She couldn't find its form. Was it a jacket? A top? A skirt? This certainly couldn't be an outfit.

"A dress. Now slide it on. Your makeup and hair will be fine." Mariah said walking back in. Hailey sighed. There was no use in arguing with this girl. She found another door and walked in.

An extremely extravagant bathroom filled with a four person shower and bath. It had a Jack and Jill sink and another grand window. The view just kept getting better the more they explored. Oh, and a toilet with a pink cover. Hailey chuckled. Of course the bathroom would also be amazing.

Hailey slid off her dress and slid on the new one. It had a deep cut, only covering her breasts. The straps wrapped around her neck, almost like a choker. It went past her butt and only her butt. It was short. Like really short.

"Mariah, I don't think I can wear this!" Hailey shouted. The bathroom door opened, revealing Mariah and Bella. Bella gasped.

"This look amazing! Zac won't keep his hands off you. Which by the way, congrats on finally being together!" Bella said with so much excitement. Hailey felt her cheeks heat up. Hailey took the time to see their outfits.

Bella was wearing a strapless black, body con dress. It went barely past her butt. She paired it with a black leather jacket and black stilettos. She also added some purple into her makeup instead of the blue.

Mariah was wearing a t-shirt style dress with many designs. It flowed to the top of her thighs which she paired with black over the knee boots.

"Um, okay. I feel somewhat better about my over revealing outfit." Hailey said tugging at the fabric. She meant it in a teasing tone, but was still very unsure. She had never been this daring before.

"Girl, chill." Bella said. That was easier said than done. "Now come on. I can already hear the party."

Hailey sighed. She wouldn't be able to change their mind, plus she thought she looked kind of hot in this outfit. She instantly began to wonder what Zac would think. Would he like it? Or would he hate it because it reminded him of all the bimbos? She began to hyperventilate.

"Oh my god. Are you okay?" Mariah asked. They were at the top of the stairs, ready to make their entrance.

"Nervous." Hailey said through her breaths. She focused on her breathing, wanting to calm down. She couldn't have a panic attack just because her outfit was slightly revealing. She had to get it together. At least her brothers wouldn't be here. She stared at her friends. Worry etched onto their gazes. Hailey closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Alright. I'm good now."

"You sure?" Bella asked. Hailey nodded. "Good, because Zac keeps darting his eyes everywhere. I'm pretty sure that boy is looking for you."

The butterflies in her stomach began to flutter. She was nervous to see Zac while she was so, well sexy. She didn't know if he'd like it. She was excited about being so daring. This wasn't like her. She kind of like doing everything she wouldn't normally do.

"Come on! I love this song." Mariah said walking down the stairs. Bella was behind her. Hailey took a deep breath and followed behind.

Everything happened in slow motion. As Mariah descended, everyone's eyes traveled to her. She radiated confidence. Bella was next. She had a smirk on her face. She walked like she owned the place and didn't have a care in the world. Nate was definitely rubbing off on her.

As Hailey stepped down, she felt goosebumps travel up her arms. She looked around and saw her classmates' expressions. They were stunned and full of surprise. She searched the crowd for Zac. She wanted to be in his arms, away from the wandering eyes.

She gasped as she felt a pair of arms circle her waist. She felt the heat he gave off as well as the intoxicating smell. She loved his cologne. He quickly turned her in his grasp, causing her to squeal. She stared up into his brown eyes. He had the same look on his face from earlier, right before they kissed. She felt her cheeks blush as those thoughts. She wanted to kiss him over and over again.

Zac was mingling with his friends. Someone was talking about the game. Everyone was butting in with the same excitement as the previous day. It was still surreal that they brought home the trophy. Zac knew he'd be able to do it. He just had to focus on the game and not the girl in the stands.

Just knowing that Hailey would be going to the dance with Jordan made his blood pulse with rage. He wanted to go up to that guy and tell him that Hailey didn't like him. But, he stopped himself. He knew Hailey wanted to be polite. He had to trust that nothing would happen to her.

"Hey man, is that Hailey?" He heard one of his teammates ask. Zac's head whipped around and saw Mariah walking down the stairs. She sauntered over to them. Zac slid off the counter and walked into the living room. The music was still blaring but everyone's eyes were on a girl.

He got closer, not really recognizing her at first. Bella smirked as she walked by. Zac got closer and saw Hailey in a skimpy silver dress. He was surprised to see her so exposed. His other head began to excite as he got closer. The dress hugged her body right, clinging to her like a second skin. He saw that Hailey was slowly turning her head, no doubt looking for him.

He wrapped his arms around her, causing her to gasp. She stiffened in his hold before relaxing on instinct. He smirked. He turned her around, placing his hands on her hips. She squealed. She looked up at him.

He felt like he was in a trance. He couldn't look away. She just kept pulling him in. Her cheeks began to blaze as he continued to look at her. She looked hot and beautiful. But, mostly sexy. He had never seen her like this before. He hated that everyone else was seeing her too.

"This dress is really short babe." He spoke. Hailey bit her lip, still staring at his eyes. She knew if she broke contact, she'd be putty in his hands.

"I know." She said in a high tone. His thumbs began to massage her hips, making her stomach twist. He was causing her body to react to his touch.

"I want you so bad. I want you so badly, Hails." Zac said in a husky tone. She felt her heart explode out of her chest. She could see his eyes coat was lust and desire. It made her gulp. She didn't know she could make him feel that way.

"What the fuck?" Hailey heard her brother's voice. She looked away from Zac and saw Luke. He had his arm around Tasha, the girl she met a few weeks ago.

"Luke? What are you doing here?" She asked him. She got out of Zac's hold and was staring at her brother. Luke's eyes kept roaming her body with disgust. She crossed her arms over her chest, trying to gain some modesty in front of her younger brother.

"I'm at a party? Ben thinks this is at Tasha's house." Luke said. Hailey frowned. She hadn't lied to her brothers about sleeping over at Mariah's. She just hadn't told them they were having a party too.

"Why would it be at Tasha's?" She asked. She turned to the brunette. Her bright blue eyes screamed familiarity but she still wasn't sure from where. "Hi by the way."

"Hi Hailey. I love this dress! I saw the rose gold one and was debating on purchasing it. It looks amazing on you!" Tasha said. Hailey smiled. She was really nice and pretty. She could see herself getting along with her.

"Anyway, why wouldn't it be at hers? Tasha's older sister throws parties all the time. She's captain of the cheer team, so she kind of has to." Luke said. Hailey was about to reply when she felt the blood drain from her face. Tasha's older sister was- Oh no, this cannot be real.

"Please tell me your last name isn't Nelson." Hailey asked. She felt Zac stiffen beside her. "Did you know?"

"No. I never actually met her. She would just talk about her. There parents are divorced." Zac said. Luke's eyes were narrowed. Tasha shifted uncomfortably. "Your Sasha's sister."

"Umm well yeah. She doesn't want anyone to know. So, could you possibly keep that quiet?" Tasha asked. Hailey nodded. As much as she despised the queen bee, she wouldn't ruin Tasha's life too.

"Your secret is safe with us." Hailey said. Zac nodded in agreement. Tasha smiled.

"Now that that is cleared up, can we go back to our previous topic. Ben, and especially Josh, will kill you f they saw you dressed like that." Luke said full of distaste. Hailey rolled her eyes.

"Luke, this isn't even that bad. I'm honestly wearing more than most of these girls are." Hailey said looking around. On cue, some girl walked by in a bikini. They were near the end of their 'fall'. Why was she in a bikini? Oh right, it was still 75 degrees out.

"Just put on a jacket or something. Borrow a different dress." Luke said covering his eyes. Hailey rolled her eyes.

"Fine. I'll see you tomorrow Luke." She said before grabbing Zac's hand. She pulled him up the steps into the direction of Mariah's room. She turned the knob, grateful that it was unlocked. She let go of Zac's hand and locked the door behind them.

"Not that I don't like how hot this dress makes you, but I agree with your brother. I hate knowing that people are eye fucking you." Zac said with a frown. Zac hated that no one was able to keep their eyes off of her. She was his and only his.

"Oh my god." She groaned before letting out a huff of annoyance. "Fine."

She stomped into Mariah's closet. She was in awe once again. She had so many different outfits and styles. She wasn't sure which one she wanted to choose. She pushed the clothes around until her eyes landed on a much better dress. She quickly slipped out of the silver one into that one.

It was a black two piece dress. The top covered her cleavage, being sleeveless. The skirt was black with fringe. It was all made of leather material. Her belly button was exposed, but still very decent. She then changed into black strappy heels and pulled her hair into a ponytail. She felt more like herself, but still very cute.

"Woah." Zac said when she stepped out. She gave him a little twirl which made him let out a growl. Her cheeks tinted a bright pink. "You look phenomenal and much more like yourself. Not that I didn't like the exposed skin, which I wanted to lay my mouth on, but this is what you're comfortable in."

Hailey's mouth dropped open at his sexual remark. It made her insides all gooey. Even when he's being the sweetest guy, he manages to make her warm inside. She quickly closed her mouth and grinned.

"Come on. Let's go back downstairs. I'm sure the girls are looking for us. Besides, the longer we stay in here, the less likely we'll leave." Zac said. His tone was playful but turned in a husky one at the end. She felt goosebumps graze her skin. She was more than tempted to stay in the confined room with him, but she knew they couldn't. Plus, it was too soon. They had only kissed. She wanted to take things slow and see how everything turns out.

As they made their way downstairs, Hailey was able to see the drunken teens. People were dancing, making out, giggling and just having fun. Hailey wanted to be like that. So, she must up the courage she didn't know she had and stopped Zac as he dragged them into the kitchen. He turned, a face full of worry.

"What's wrong?" Zac asked. She bit her lip, feeling her face heat up again.

"Would-I, well um, can I get a drink?" She asked. Zac's eyebrows shot up, but nodded. He continued to pull them into the kitchen. He stopped when they found their friends. The boys had bottles of beer in their hands. Bella had a cup while Mariah simply had a water bottle.

"What the fuck! You looked so hot!" Bella screamed as she took in Hailey's appearance. She was sitting on the counter with Nate by her side. Mariah was beside her. Evan was near the drinks.

"She did. That's why I had her change." Zac said with narrowed eyes. Bella rolled her eyes.

"You idiot. That was the purpose of the dress." Bella defended. Zac scoffed. His scowl deepening.

"For what? So the entire school can know how hot my girl is? I don't need guys ogling her." Zac said with as much venom as he could muster. He hated the fact that there were guys that wanted her. He knew they only wanted her for one thing, while he wanted her for everything.

Hailey's heart was thumping as she listened to Zac. He was jealous of all the guys here, but they didn't compare to him. She didn't want any of them. She placed a hand on Zac's bicep, feeling goosebumps as she touched his skin. His head quickly turned. The scowl on his face morphed into a grin.

"Right, so what do you want drink babe?" Zac asked. He waited for her to respond. She didn't know what she wanted. She looked at the bottles beside Evan. Evan's eyes followed hers before a smirk was placed onto his face.

"Hailey Foster, what kind of alcohol do you want to try?" Evan asked. He grabbed two bottles. One had clear liquid while the other had a golden one. "Vodka? Or Tequila? We also have bourbon and whiskey."

"What's the difference?" Hailey asked. She suddenly felt very nervous. They had been drinking for years. This was only her first time. She turned to look at Zac, who shrugged.

"The Vodka! Smirnoff is amazing." Bella said with a giggle. She drank whatever was in her cup before passing it to her brother. "Fill me up twin."

Evan took the red cup from her and opened up the bottle with clear liquid. He began to pour it. Hailey contemplated her choices before reaching for an empty cup. She passed it to Evan, who filled it up with the same liquid. He passed it back. Hailey looked at it before taking a deep breath. She placed it by her lips, tipping some of it back. It had a weird taste, but wasn't horrible. It had a slightly fruity flavor. Almost like blackberry or raspberry. She kind of liked it. She took another sip.

"So?" Bella asked. Hailey giggled.

"It's awesome." She said. She sipped some more, earning a chuckle from Zac. "Why haven't I tried this before?"

"Because you, babe, are not supposed to suppress to peer pressure. These idiots do." Zac said taking away her cup. She frowned. She only had one. She wasn't even drunk yet, not that she wanted to. She did not want to know what a hangover was like.

"Zac!" She whined. "I'm trying to have fun." She pouted. Zac placed the empty cup beside Bella. He then placed his hands on Hailey, lifting her up onto the counter.

"If you want to have fun, you can do it without liquid courage. This stuff is stupid and makes you different. I like you just the way you are." Zac said. His hands were still on her hips, creating a different wave of emotions.

"Zac, stop being a sap." Nate said. Zac turned around to glare at his best friend. Nate only smirked, drinking his beer. He sighed.

"Fine. But, the moment you become too intoxicated, I am stopping you." Zac said. Hailey nodded. She felt herself become excited at the idea of being possibly drunk. She just hoped she woke up fine.

"This calls for celebratory shots!" Evan shouted. Zac rolled his eyes. Of course it would. He took the plastic shot glasses and lined them up as Evan filled them.

Hailey was intrigued. She knew tequila was usually for shots. She watched as the boys got everything ready. Nate brought over a bowl of limes, passing one to everyone. Zac then passed the small cups around. Hailey felt the bubble of excitement ready to pop.

"Alright Hails, you take the shot. Lick this salt," Zac said as he poured some onto the back of her hand. The lime was in that hand while the shot in the other. "And then you suck on the lime. Okay."

"Mhm." She said. Shot, salt, suck. Okay, that shouldn't be hard.

"Alright. On the count of three." Mariah shouted. "One."

"Two!" Bella yelled.

"Three!" Nate said last. Hailey tipped the shot back. Her mouth grimacing as the liquid burned down her throat. She then licked the salt before popping the lime into her mouth. She sucked on it, the sourness soothing her throat.

"Oh my god. Why does one do that?" Hailey said taking out the lime rind.

"It's gets you drunk faster. Now come on, round two." Bella said giggling. Hailey chuckled. Alcohol wasn't that bad. She gratefully took another shot with her friends. She giggled as Nate and Bella disappeared. Evan stayed with Mariah as Zac wormed his way in between her thighs. He was looking at her.

"What?" She asked. She wiped her facing. Maybe she had something on it. Zac shook his head.

"Nothing. I just like looking at you." Zac said. He grinned at the girl in front of him. He liked seeing this carefree side to her. She was trying to enjoy herself like the rest of their friends. He was very tempted to grab another beer, but knew he shouldn't. He wanted to make sure this girl was safe.

"Thanks for letting me drink." Hailey giggled. Zac chuckled.

"Anything for your princess. Anything for you." He said. And he meant it.

-

It had been a couple of weeks since the Winter Formal. Hailey had been in awe with Zac. He knew how to cheer her up when she didn't get the grade she wanted and he made her smile. He was contagious and she couldn't get enough. With school, they barely saw each other, but when they did, Hailey cherished every moment. It was the little things that count.

Thanksgiving had passed and went. She had fun with her siblings. Josh made an amazing dinner which consisted of grilled chicken, rice, and steamed vegetables. It wasn't the traditional turkey and stuffing, but it was delicious nonetheless. They watched a few movies, some consisting of Christmas. They even began to talk about this year's plans.

Hailey was more than excited for the new season. She loved everything about it: the presents, the decor, the cold, the peppermint, and especially the vacation. She loved being off from school for two weeks to enjoy life. She still had to work, the holiday season being the busiest, but she enjoyed it. She was even more excited to share her holiday cheer with her friends. She just hoped they'd be in town.

"Hey girl." Mariah said placing the lunch tray she was holding down. She had yet another salad with a banana.

"So, excited for your first soccer game of senior year?" Hailey asked. Mariah was team captain and more than ready to bring home a win.

"Duh. Our first game is against the Lions. They are so going down." Mariah answered with a smirk. The Lions were their rival high school from across town.

"Oh no. Why did you get her talking about soccer?" Evan asked as he slid into the spot next to Mariah. Mariah gave him a playful glare before pecking his cheek.

At the party, drunk Evan found himself confessing his feelings Mariah. Mariah was more than shocked, especially because he was intoxicated. She only said okay before shoving him into one of the guest rooms. The next morning, Evan asked about his confession. Mariah then told him she liked him too. They've been together since. Surprisingly, Bella was okay with their relationship, but that didn't stop her from being disgusted when their tongues were down each other's throats.

"Shut up." Mariah said. Evan gave her a cheesy grin. "So, where's your boyfriend?"

Hailey shrugged, not wanting to tell her that they weren't together. At least they weren't officially. He walked her to class and pecked her cheek. He'd hold her hand and wrap his arm around her waist. But as far as she knew, they weren't a couple. It made her slightly sad, but then again, she didn't know much about dating and she didn't want to ask.

"There he is." Mariah said with a smirk. Hailey turned around and saw Zac in a grey v-neck and his black leather jacket. His hair was a mess but that only made him ever more attractive.

"Hey there pretty brown eyes. Whatcha doing later tonight? Mind if I spend some time with you?" Zac asked as he approached their table. Hailey rolled her eyes at his cheesiness, but still liked the way he made her feel.

"Hey Zac, I am just going to be doing some homework. Why?" She asked. She drank the soda she had purchased for lunch. She also had a ham sandwich and some chips.

"We're going on our first date. Pick you up at 7."

~~~~~~~~
First person to mention all five songs used in this chapter, gets a cameo in the next one.
xoxo,
Liv814

Songs Used in Order:
1.
2.
3. Last First Kiss by 1D
4.
5.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
1.4M 52.8K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...
2.3M 41.1K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
178K 5.1K 72
I have three basic rules to live by Don't draw attention to myself. Make it through another year. My brother's friends are off limits. My junior year...