Probability || A Connor(RK800...

By DevilBunnii

"If nature has taught us anything it is that the impossible is probable." The course of Connor's life as an a... More

Ch. 1 - Heads or Tails? ||
Ch. 2 - Awkwardness & Pinky Promises ||
Ch. 3 - Coffee & Feelings ||
Ch. 4 - The Interrogation ||
Ch. 5 - Almost ||
Ch. 6 - Heads ||
Ch. 7 - Cry ||
Authors Update/Rant
Ch. 8 - Start Over ||
Ch. 9 - Embarassed ||
Ch. 10 - Right or Wrong ||
Ch. 11 - Unlikely ||
Ch. 13 - Guilt and Jealousy ||
Ch. 14 - Taraxacum ||
Ch. 15 - Thankful ||
Ch. 16 - Want and Turmoil ||
Ch. 17 - Nightmare ||
Ch. 18 - Eden Club ||
Ch. 19 - Perfect Harmony ||
Ch. 20 - Gift ||
Ch. 21 -Boiling Point ||
Chapter 22 - Point of No Return ||

Ch. 12 - Wrong Choice ||

2.7K 174 185
By DevilBunnii

We've all got both light and dark inside us.

What matters is the part we choose to act on.

That's who we really are."

----J.K. Rowling

---------------------------------------------------------

Lee, Connor and Hank rode up the dingy and old elevator to where the suspected deviant was located. Hank stood in the middle between Lee and Connor. Lee didn't say a word as she kept her arms crossed, looking away from Hank who only rolled his eyes at her behavior. He then looked at Connor who seemed to be oddly quiet, his eyes closed as his LED flashed from blue to yellow. It made him wonder what he was thinking about.

Suddenly, the elevator came to a stop and Lee and Hank exited. Lee then turned around, noticing Connor was still standing there with his eyes closed. Hank and Lee looked at one another in confusion. "What the hell is wrong with him?" Hank asked. Lee only shrugged. "Fuck if I should know," she replied. She then walked over to Connor, waving her hand in front of his face, his eyes were still clossed. Lee looked at him confused and then back to Hank who repeated her actions, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know what's wrong with it, why don't you give him a kiss and wake him from his slumber Princess Lee?" Hank asked teasingly.

"Oh fuck off Hank," Lee retorted, rolling her eyes at him.She then waved her hands infront of Connor's face again. "Hey Connor!" Connor suddenly opened his eyes and grabbed Lee's hand, making her jump slightly. "Shit!"

Connor blinked and then let go of Lee's hand as she blushed slightly."Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack....again."

"I apologize Lee, that wasn't my intention."

"You ran outta batteries or what?" Hank asked.

"I'm sorry, I was making a report to CyberLife," Connor said as Lee backed away from him. Lee and Hank exchanged a look. Lee then returned to Hank's side and she looked at Connor as he still seemed to stand in the elevator. "Well, do you plan on staying in the elevator?" Hank asked. "No," Connor replied,his voice sounding almost offended by Hank's question. "I'm coming." Lee smiled a bit, shaking her head at the two of them. As she and Hank began to walk down the hall.

"Well, what do we know about this guy?" Hank asked.

"Not much," Connor replied, following behind them. "Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody's supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding a LED under his cap." Connor then paused, squatting down as he noticed some feathers on the ground.

"Oh Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops."

"Well it's always good to investigate," Lee said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"And were you really makin' a report back there in the elevator?" Hank asked. "Just by closing your eyes?"

"Correct."

"Fuck, I wish I could do that," Lee said with a grin. Hank nodded in agreement. "Same here," he said with a wry grin. Connor then knocks on the door as Lee stands to the side of him and Hank leans against the wall with his arms crossed. Connor looks to both Hank and Lee who shrug their shoulders. "Try to knock louder," Lee suggested with a smile. Connor nodded, knocking loudly. "Anybody home?!" he asked loudly. There was suddenly a shift of movement inside and Lee and Hank exchanged looks. "Open up! Detroit Police!"

Hank pulled out his gun along with Lee and he then looked at both Lee and Connor. "Stay behind me."

"Got it," Connor said. Lee snorted and stood at Hank's left. "As if I would."

Hank rolled his eyes at Lee but then backed up, suddenly kicking the door open. Lee and Hank then walked inside slowly, their guns drawn. Lee looked around, her nose scrunching up at the smell of the place. "Ugh, it smells horrible in here," she commented as she began to walk around.

Lee then made her way back over to Hank who stood by the door. Connor soon joined them and that's when Hank kicked down the door. Immediately, they were all flooded with pigeons and both Lee and Hank cursed, flailing about while Connor stood behind them, unfazed by the pigeons.

"Oh my fuck!"

"What the fuck is this?!"

They both said at the same time. Hank then walked then first and Lee behind him, both of their guns drawn while Connor slowly followed behind them. Lee lowered her gun a bit as she looked around the room. "What the fuck is with all these pigeons?" she asked herself, looking around in confusion. "And it even smells worse in here."

"Jesus, this place stinks," Hank commented, scrunching up his nose. "Uh, looks like we came for nothing. Our man's gone."

"I don't think so..." Lee said as she looked around, holstering her gun. "Let's poke around a bit."

Connor walked past the two them, the pigeons fluttering about the room to move out of his path. Connor then walked towards the closet in the room, opening it only for more pigeons to fly out of it. He looked down, noticing there was nothing in the closet before closing it. He then scanned the room some more. He then walked over to the poster in the room, scanning it for a moment before ripping it down, noticing a brown leather bound book there.

"Found something?" Lee asked, peering over his shoulder, her dark eyes looking over the book in curiosity.

Connor felt his body tense at the closeness of her body against his and his fingers gripped the between them. "I find this journal behind this poster, I cannot decipher what anything in here means when I run it through my scanner," he replied awkwardly, his brown eyes looking up at her as he watched Lee's eyes roam over the book. "Well, it must have been important enough to hide it behind a poster, let's hold on to it and look into what it means later yeah?" Connor nodded in agreement and pocketed the journal.

"Found something?" Hank asked from another part of the room.

"We don't know," Lee responded back.

"It looks like a notebook but it's...indecipherable," Connor said.

Lee then walked over to the fridge, opening it and noticing there was no food inside. "Looks like the suspect doesn't eat and since androids don't eat, there is possibility that the suspect is an android like the neighbor said."

Connor walked around the area, noticing that there were ciphers and rune-like images all over the walls. He frowned a little, unsure what they meant, knowing he would have to dig deep later on. He then walked over to the counter, pushing off a pigeon that was sitting on a packaging of food. He picked it up and scanned it.

::SUSPECT CARES FOR WILD ANIMALS::

"Hey look what I found," Lee said, gaining both of Connor's and Hank's attention. They both walked over to her and she showed them an ID that had the name Rupert Travis on it. Connor scanned it and looked at Lee and Hank. "The driver's license is fake."

::SUSPECT USED FORGED ID::

"Cool! At least we didn't come for nothing," Hank said, taking the license from Lee, inspecting it a little further before tossing it back where it was found. Lee and Hank began looking around again, while Connor walked towards the bathroom. Connor noticed in the sink that there were various of strange looking things inside such as feathers and other liquids he couldn't distinguish. He then dipped his index and middle finger inside of it, bringing it up to sample the contents of the sink.

::BLUE BLOOD

MODEL- WB200 #847 004 961

Reported Missing- 10/11/2036::

"Ah geez Connor, again?" Lee asked said in disgust, placing a hand over her stomach, her face scrunched up.

Connor looked towards Lee, looking like a kid caught doing something he shouldn't have been doing. Connor then wiped the rest of the substance onto his pants. "There was blue blood in the sink and I was able to sample it and find the suspect's model number." Lee scrunched up her nose. "Still that's disgusting. Like you could be using your tongue to sample and taste way more delicious things," Lee said with a scoff. Connor's brows furrowed, creating lines on his forehead as he turned to Lee. "Taste what exactly Lee?" He asked.

Lee felt heat rise to her cheeks. His question was an innocent one but it was a loaded one that had her mind wandering in the gutter. She crossed her arms and turned away from him, waving her hand in dismissal as she laughed awkwardly. "Oh you know like chocolate, pizza, lollipops...food and sweets," she said before shaking her head, laughing awkwardly once more. "Just...forget what I had said okay?" She then turned away from him, going back to the other room where Hank was.

"Okay?" Connor said, confused as to why she seemed flustered so suddenly.

Connor turned away from where she once stood and looked back down at the sink, noticing blue blood on it along with a LED. He picked it up and scanned it. He then sat it down. "It's LED is in the sink," he said to the both of them.

::SUSPECT IS A DEVIANT::

"Not surprised it was an android. No human could live with all these fuckin' pigeons..." Hank said from the other room, his face twisting up in disgust as he made a move to open the window to ventilate the place. Some pigeons flew out and Hank let out a disgusted grunt. "Fuckin' rats with wings."

"Aw, I think they're cute," Lee said as she grabbed the bird food from the counter, putting some in her hand and holding it out to them. A few unafraid pigeons came towards her, pecking the food out of her hands. Hank look at her disgusted and scoffed. "They carry diseases!"

"And you're meaning to tell me you haven't had the clap once or twice before?" Lee asked teasingly, shaking the rest of the bird food from her hands to the floor. Hank's cheeks reddened and he scowled at her. "That was one time Lee and I told you that in confidence!" Hank said in a hushed whisper. "So you don't want to go down memory lane with me?" Lee asked, raising a brow at him.

"You know what? I'm going to go check on Connor, enjoy playing with your rats with wings," Hank said gruffly, leaving Lee snickering to herself as she continued to feed the pigeons.

Hank then walked back into the bathroom, noticing Connor staring at the words 'rA9' scribbled on the wall multiple time. "Any idea what it means?"

"rA9...written 2,471 times. It's the same sign Ortiz's android wrote on the shower wall," Connor said to Hank. His gaze shifted to the left when he saw Lee joining them in the bathroom, her attention being drawn to the wall. "Holy shit," she said, brows rasied.

"Why are they obssessed with this sign?" Connor asked out loud.

::OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE WRITING::

"Looks like mazes or something..." Hank said before leaving out of the bathroom, leaving Lee alone once again with Connor.

"Maybe rA9 is some sort of android God to deviants?" Lee suggested, looking at the writing on the wall. "Or do you androids even believe in a 'God'?" Lee asked, making air quotes around 'God'. Connor's LED went yellow for a moment before going back blue. He then looked at Lee and shook his head. "No, we don't. We don't have beliefs like humans do. There is no higher power to androids. We were created by humans and our purpose is serve our tasks that we were created for, nothing more, nothing less."

"But, these deviants believe in this rA9 android. They write obsessive wordings on walls and make shrines dedicated to rA9," Lee commented. "Sounds a lot like God or a deity to me."

"Deviants have an error in their software. They mimic human emotions and also things that humans do. It's not a surprise they would create a fictional android God to mimic humanity's version of a God."

"Well...what do you believe?" Lee asked, looking at him in curiosity.

"Or are you going to give me the spiel of--'We androids don't believe in anything. We are not human like you Lee. I am Connor, an android sent by CyberLife bee boop beep'," Lee said mockingly, doing stereotypical robot movements, mimicking Connor's voice rather poorly. Connor raised an eyebrow at her, the corners of his mouth uplifting slightly. "Was that supposed to be an imitation of me?" he asked, an edge of humor in his voice. Lee shrugged her shoulders, giving him a playful smile. "Yea, how did I do?"

"A shit job," Connor responded back, the banter easily flowing from his lips. Lee eye's widened and she looked at Connor in obvious shock. Surprised to hear him curse although not at all finding it to be a turn off. It made her wonder what else curse words she could spring from him.

**SOFTWARE INSTABILITY ^^^**

"I'll try harder next time," Lee said back a bit flirtatiously, a devilish smile on her face. Connor felt the thirium within him pump through his heart a little quicker than normal and then felt his own internal temperatures rise slightly. He then cleared his throat, turning his head away from her, noticing a turned over chair in the room.

"Oh look, a chair," Connor said, shifting away from Lee slightly, going over to it.

"Uhh what's so special about a turned over chair?"

Connor turned on his scanner's scanning the chair and then noticing an opened marker next to it, finding it to be still wet and used very recently. He then began to reconstruct everything. He noticed that the suspect was recently in the bathroom and must have gotten frightened when they banged on the door, causing the chair to topple over.

Lee watched Connor with a raised brow of confusion as his LED seemed to flash from yellow to blue. She then watched as Connor suddenly walked to the living room and she followed behind him. When she went back into the living room she noticed him squatting down and looking at the bird cage. He suddenly stood up, looking upwards to large hole in the ceiling.

Lee looked up and then looked at Connor. "Did you find something to do with this hole?" she asked going over to where the hole was, looking up at it. Connor moved towards her, looking up as he suddenly noticed a shadow shifting up in the ceiling. His eyes widened and his LED flashed red and he suddenly pushed Lee out of the way into Hank's arms, causing her to let out a surprised cry right when the deviant had jumped from the hole, throwing him to the ground, causing him to let out a surprised cry.

The pigeons flew up into Hank's face and he let go of Lee, swatting at the pigeons. "God dan fuckin' pigeons!" Connor then stood up and Hank glared at him angrily. "What are you waiting for?! Chase it!"

Connor soon took off out of the door without needing further command and Lee look towards Hank, pulling out her gun. "Alright, time to start running old-timer," Lee said teasingly running after Connor and the deviant. Hank scoffed, pulling out his gun and following behind Lee. "Fuck you! I can still do a chase!"

"We'll see about that!" Lee bit back and ran faster to catch up to Connor and the deviant, Hank lagging behind her as he run, huffing and puffing. "Fuckin'. Kids. No. Respect--ahh fuck...for their elders!" Hank panted out between harsh breaths.

Lee ran out the and noticed just in time that Connor had already jumped off the building. She ran behind him, panting lightly. She noticed that he landed in a wheat field and was already half way across chasing after the deviant. She cursed loudly and jumped off the building, happy that the fall wasn't even steep enough to harm herself. She then took off after the deviant and Connor. She groaned as she watched Connor jump over a haystack and across a building suddenly with ease. "Oh fuck me," she cursed.

She then suddenly stood back and then took the same path as Connor, almost falling but managing to scramble up the wall. She had lost them for a moment, taking another path on another building right when Hank caught up to her, panting harshly, sweat covering his brow. They both watched with wide eyes as Connor suddenly jumped onto a moving train.

"Holy shit..." they both said, their eyes wide.

Lee groaned and looked at Hank, holding her gun. "Come on, we gotta catch up!" Hank nodded and the two took off running, going to find another direction to cut both androids off at.

While the two of them ran to find a more safer route to go, Connor was fast on the androids heels, jumping and running through the different areas with ease. He had then ran through a cornfield, losing site of the android for a moment.

"Shit! Stop!" Lee's voice suddenly yelled out.

Connor eyes widened as came out of the cornfield to see Lee tussling with the android, a look of frustration on her face as the two struggled with her gun. Connor's LED flashed red right when the android slapped the gun out of her hand and kicked her in her mid section causing Lee to grunt out in pain, the force of the kick causing her to lose her footing and fall off the side of the building. She cried out in shock, her eyes wide as she gripped the building tightly, her boots scuffing as she tried to pull herself up.

"Connor!" she cried out. "Help!"

Connor looked between the deviant and Lee and knew he had to make a choice. There was a 90% chance she could be safe and pull herself up and also a chance that Hank was going to arrive any second. He knew if he would save Lee that meant the deviant would get away. He only had two options.

::GO AFTER DEVIANT?::

::HELP LEE?::

"Connor!!!" Lee said, her voice desperate now, as she felt her grip on the building slipping. She looked down to see the sidewalk a few feet down and knew if she would fall she'd die. Her heart throbbed so loudly, she could hear it pounding in her ears. Tears pricked the corners of her eyes, her skin flushed as she tried to lift herself up. Connor's LED flashed between yellow and red and he made a step towards Lee before Amanda's words rang to him in his head.

I will not have another failure Connor.

He closed his eyes and suddenly he opened them, his eyes cold as he turned away from Lee, his decision made.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

::GO AFTER DEVIANT::

**SOFTWARE INSTABILITY vvv**

Connor then ran after the deviant, ignoring Lee's pleas for help despite a heavy part of him wanting to help her instead. Connor jumped off of the building, chasing the deviant down to a dead end. The deviant stopped at the edge of the building and turned to look at Connor. The deviant then raised it's hands towards Connor, fear on it's face. "Please...I've done nothing wrong...I just wanted to be free. You know what they'll do to me if you turn me in..."

Connor stared at the android with blank eyes and then said, "Model 874 004 961, serious malfunctions have been detected in your software including Class 4 errors. You've been deemed defective and will be sent back to CyberLife for deactivation."

Hank and Lee had suddenly caught up to them, both of them panting heavily. Hank then walked over to the deviant and then angrily said, "Don't you fuckin' move!" Connor then looked at Lee who had tears running down her face. She then took angry strides towards him as he looked at her confused. "Lee?"

Connor suddenly felt his head turned to the side, a loud slap ringing in the air. His sensor receptor s indicated he had been slapped, rather hard, although he didn't feel any pain from it. A loud curse was soon heard and he turned his head back to meet a tear face stained Lee, who looked at him with anger and hurt in her eyes. A look that troubled Connor deeply as his LED flashed yellow.

"You, asshole!" she hissed out, her voice filled with pain. "You heard me calling out to you when I fell and you'd rather let me die than fail your fucking mission in capturing this deviant!" She pointed a finger towards the deviant and then looked back at Connor with heated eyes. Hank watched on, feeling a mixture of awkwardness but also anger for Lee.

"I-I had to make a choice...it seemed to me--" Lee pushed him harshly, cutting him off and causing Connor to stagger back.

**LEE: vvv - WARM**

"What am I to you? A statistic?" she asked bitterly. "A "zero", a "one" or am I just fucking nothing in your fucking program? Huh?!"

"Is that how you see humans?" she asked angrily, more tears falling from her face. "Is that how you see me?..." Her voice got quieter at her question. And for some reason Connor felt a knot twist in the pit of his stomach at the sound of her voice. Connor didn't know what to say in this situation, she was extremely volatile.

"I know you're upset...Perhaps I didn't assess th--"

"Fuck you Connor and fuck your assessment," she spat out. "If it wasn't for Hank showing up I would of...I would of..." Her words fell short as a slight sob came from her throat. She then hugged herself and tried to reel in her emotions. She then looked at Connor expectantly who only looked at her with a confused look. He wanted to make her stop crying and he had a sudden over whelming urge to hold her but he didn't. He only stared at her, looking like a hurt and confused puppy.

Lee sniffled and backed away from Connor, shaking her head. "Maybe you are just a machine..." She then swiped her tears away with her jacket and turned away from him. She looked at Hank and then motioned towards the deviant. "Apprehend the damn thing. I'm going back to my car..."

Connor made a move towards her. "Lee, I--" 

Lee held up her hand, stopping him. "Fuck off, Connor I mean it." She then turned away from him, storming off.

**LEE: vvv - NEUTRAL**

Hank watched Lee leave in a hurry, a sad look on his face. He scowled and then shook his head, putting the deviant's hands behind it's back as he handcuffed it. The deviant glared at Connor in anger. "Why are you doing this?"

"Alright, can it," Hank grunted out.

"You're one of us--"

"Shut up!"

"You're helping humans, you're just their slave--"

"I said shut up!" Hank smacked the deviant upside the head, anger on his face. The deviant quieted down but still looked at Connor with disgust. Connor then looked at Hank, a small frown on his face. "I've upset Lee greatly..." he said.

**HANK: vvv - NEUTRAL**

"No shit, Sherlock," Hank said gruffly. "You left her to die basically based on some fucking percentage and I don't know if you understand or even fucking care about her feelings but I do. And you better make it right or so help me God." Hank pulled out his gun and pointed it towards Connor's head. Connor's LED flashed yellow as he looked Hank.

"I'll fucking shoot you myself," he hissed out. Hank then put away his gun and pushed the deviant forward, walking him away. The deviant suddenly yanked itself from Hank and then said to himself, "rA9 save me."

He then pushed past Connor who went to grab him only for him to jump off of the building. Hank cursed loudly and shook his head. He then looked at Connor, his lips upturned in frustration. "Fuckin' androids..."

Hank then let out a loud huff of frustration, walking back to his car, leaving Connor. Not liking how this all went down and not liking having to do all of this paperwork now.

Connor was left standing on the building alone and he looked forward at the gloomy skies of Detroit. The deviant got away even though he went after it first. It didn't even matter in the end if he had chose to save Lee or not, he still failed. However, his failure didn't bother him as much as Lee's words and expression.

He tried to push the hurt and tear-stained face of Lee out of his mind, but it seemed to play over and over again like a broken record. He didn't like the feeling that settled within his stomach. He didn't like that he was the cause of her tears. He looked down at himself, his LED turning yellow.

He made the wrong choice.

END

A/N: Another chapter completed! I'm very much enjoying the pace of the story and *sighs*you guys don't understand how much I can't wait for the lime and lemons to come up. They are swimming around in my head and I can't wait to type them out! But anyways lol, Connor made a bad choice! In my play through, I saved Hank cause duh, why wouldn't you? (unless you're trying to get the bad ending for the trophies lmao)

And instead of having Hank fall I wanted it to be Lee. And I wanted there to be some drama and for Connor royally fuck up and go after the deviant. Like the entire point of their relationship is both of them kinda fighting against the obvious truth that there is something there between them. It doesn't help that Connor has Amanda shooting at him and whispering in his ear lol.

Of course, this is just a slight...bump in the road and it makes the slow burn so much better.

I will try to update tomorrow if not tomorrow then thursday!

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Your comments always make me laugh and I love talking with y'all. Votes are nice too (*coughs*supernice*coughs*)

Anyways, until next time!

vvvvv BONUS DBH meme below vvvvv

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 12.9K 16
(Y/N) is a detective for the Detroit Police Department. She had been partnered with Lt Hank Anderson for a few years now and she considers him as a f...
248 22 4
You work as a detective alongside your partner, Gavin Reed. One night, you both get called in to investigate a routine homicide case. While there, yo...
11.4K 463 39
(Y/n) former engineer at Cyberlife and close friend to one Elijah Kamski. Shortly after quitting her job at Cyberlife persued her hidden dream as a p...
1.7M 56.2K 105
"Miss (L/n), you and Anderson have been assigned with an android from Cyberlife for these cases." "Really? Well...alright. When will he or she arrive...